PDA

View Full Version : RNC Can Legally Dump Donald Trump But It Has To Act Fast

Cigar
08-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Top party officials are reportedly exploring options on how to replace the Republican nominee. But suppose, on top of his Gold-Star-family insulting, almost-treason encouraging, and baby expelling, Trump were to really cross some line, whatever that might be, and GOP leaders decide they can’t support him anymore. Nor do they just want to disown the Republican nominee; suppose they want him off the ballot. Could they do it?
Or, imagine if Trump himself that sees he’s about to get shellacked (by a woman, no less) and to save himself the humiliation, blames the rigged system and drops out. Again, unlikely—but not impossible to imagine. What then?

I asked Nathaniel Persily, Stanford law professor and a preeminent scholar of election law (and, lucky for me, an old friend), what would happen if Trump were to quit, or to be formally dumped by the GOP. Could someone else be the Republican choice for president?
His answer? “Yes—but it depends on timing.” And there are three sets of rules that affect what would happen next.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/03/the-rnc-can-legally-dump-donald-trump-but-it-has-to-act-fast.html

:sofa::happy1:

Subdermal
08-03-2016, 02:45 PM
Notice how easily the left is capable of mixing a pinch of truth with a pound of lies.

To twist Trump's words about finding Hillary's emails into 'treason' is laughable, considering the seriousness of Hillary's incompetence with her classified information.

It is also a rank lie to characterize Trump's conversation with the parent of the crying baby as 'baby expelling'. He was having fun with the crowd, you liars.

Leftists: without lies, they have nothing to say at all.

Cigar
08-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Notice how easily the left is capable of mixing a pinch of truth with a pound of lies.

To twist Trump's words about finding Hillary's emails into 'treason' is laughable, considering the seriousness of Hillary's incompetence with her classified information.

It is also a rank lie to characterize Trump's conversation with the parent of the crying baby as 'baby expelling'. He was having fun with the crowd, you liars.

Leftists: without lies, they have nothing to say at all.

You must be so proud :laugh:

Oboe
08-03-2016, 02:48 PM

Never would have thought I would live to see the day when liars are proud of the trash they do.

Subdermal
08-03-2016, 02:51 PM

Ethical Lives Matter.

Cigar
08-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Ethical Lives Matter.

Then you go jump in front of the bullets :laugh:

Adelaide
08-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Nothing is going to change, although I think it's safe to say that Republican candidates for the senate, congress or gubernatorial seats are going to likely avoid colliding with him at any point to avoid the potential for damage.

Subdermal
08-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Then you go jump in front of the bullets :laugh:

There are times when that is the ethical thing to do. You, clearly, don't care about ethics.

maineman
08-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Ethical Lives Matter.

which would mean yours is worthless.

Cigar
08-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Never would have thought I would live to see the day when liars are proud of the trash they do.

But your party picked Trump ... so that's what you have

maineman
08-03-2016, 03:12 PM
If you're a republican down ticket nominee in a battleground state, your index finger will be seriously chapped from all the licking of it prior to sticking it in the wind to figure out where the wind is blowing and what in the world you're gonna do. Are you gonna grab onto Donald's coattails, or are you going to let lose and tell you constituents that you cannot vote for a man that does not stand for the republican party you belong to, or... as I think most will do, will you simply avoid the Trump issue... happen to be elsewhere when he arrives in your state/district, avoid telling anyone else how to vote, concentrate on local issues and how much pork YOU'VE brought home, and hope you can weather the storm... because there's no escaping it, the storm is coming.