PDA

View Full Version : Perry’s Ambiguous Employment Record

Mister D
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Texas governor Rick Perry has pointed to job growth in Texas during the current economic downturn as one of his main accomplishments. But in a new report for the Center for Immigration Studies, based on data collected monthly by the Census Bureau, we found that newly arrived immigrants (legal and illegal) have been the primary beneficiaries of this growth between 2007 and 2011, not native-born workers.

We found that of jobs created in Texas since 2007, 81 percent (225,000) were taken by newly arrived foreign workers (legal and illegal). The Census Bureau asks immigrants to say when they came to the United States, so it is easy to look at new arrivals who took jobs. Of newly arrived immigrants who took a job in Texas, the data show that 93 percent were not U.S. citizens. We estimate that about half of newly arrived immigrants who took jobs in Texas since 2007 were illegal immigrants. This means that about 40 percent of all the job growth in Texas between 2007 and 2011 went to newly arrived illegal immigrants and 40 percent went to newly arrived legal immigrants.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/278074/perry-s-ambiguous-employment-record-steven-camarota

Conley
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh man...if that is true. Ugh. That's not ambiguous, that's shameful. That kind of permissiveness just encourages even more immigration. I think it's slowed down here in California because there's no employment for anyone legal or otherwise. That's looking for the silver lining ;)

Conley
09-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Romney will have to be the one to hammer this point because you know if Perry gets the nod then the Dems will just ignore these facts in the General Election.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Romney will have to be the one to hammer this point because you know if Perry gets the nod then the Dems will just ignore these facts in the General Election.

Yeah, it's a positive in the eyes of some liberals Democrats I'm sure.

MMC
11-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Another factor that points to Perry and that switiching of flag bullshit. He saw the light right? No he saw the money and just how to get his hands into the cookie jar the way the left does. Play the game, he created jobs, this was all questioned as he was thinking of running back then.

I am surprised Gingrich and Romney didnt hammer this home. Same thing with Ron Paul. Hell he comes from the same state and should be able to tear Perry apart. Piece by piece. Why leave any doubt. All should be out crushing him in these debates. Force him out of the picture.

Another point should be about Immigration Period and what is the State of Texas doing about it themselves. What were any measures they took without the Assitance of the Fed?

Conley
11-21-2011, 08:56 AM
I think mostly it's the front runners who get attacked and now that Perry has self destructed there's no reason for Newt and Ron to attack him. As far as I know he is out of the picture?

MMC
11-21-2011, 01:35 PM
I think mostly it's the front runners who get attacked and now that Perry has self destructed there's no reason for Newt and Ron to attack him. As far as I know he is out of the picture?

Not with 15 Million sitting in his War Chest. IMO that is.

Conley
11-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Steve Forbes had a lot of money...Ron Paul...money is a factor to be sure. I just don't see him coming back, but it's a long race.