PDA

View Full Version : It is time to face facts

texan
08-04-2016, 09:09 AM
My dem buddy who is very cautious told me yesterday this race is over barring some unforeseen scandal.....

I am starting to agree.

I do think the Russians and wiki-leaks has an agenda. I do not think that either candidate has anything to do with it either. I just appears they are doing some things for reasons unknown at this time.

I heard a report that Julian Assange openly hates Clinton. Maybe its just personal.

Trump has a small window to correct his messaging, but I am not sure he is capable. I watched yesterday when he goes off re-litigating primary stuff and shit that doesn't matter. His act along with a press that has seized the effort to derail him more aggressively is not gonna work.

Be-careful picking fights with people who buy their ink by the barrel.

Mark III
08-04-2016, 09:18 AM
How would you like to explain to the history books that America elected a president who needed an "intervention" to make him look sane?

Safety
08-04-2016, 09:25 AM
My dem buddy who is very cautious told me yesterday this race is over barring some unforeseen scandal.....

I am starting to agree.

I do think the Russians and wiki-leaks has an agenda. I do not think that either candidate has anything to do with it either. I just appears they are doing some things for reasons unknown at this time.

I heard a report that Julian Assange openly hates Clinton. Maybe its just personal.

Trump has a small window to correct his messaging, but I am not sure he is capable. I watched yesterday when he goes off re-litigating primary stuff and shit that doesn't matter. His act along with a press that has seized the effort to derail him more aggressively is not gonna work.

Be-careful picking fights with people who buy their ink by the barrel.

Some people already knew this when he won the primary....it's not like he doesn't have a history over the last 70 years...

Green Arrow
08-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Time to face facts: it's a crap shoot either way.

Cigar
08-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Time to face facts: it's a crap shoot either way.

Then one should be careful where one craps :grin:

texan
08-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Safety the genius! LOL whatever you front runner.............

And to Mark, I can assure you he isn't the first.

People don't like or trust Clinton for good reason. She isn't running on anything except look at him and that can be dangerous. People are straining for a reason to vote for him and can't get a handle on the reason. They don't want to vote for her.

Standing Wolf
08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Almost every day, Trump says or does something that makes that theory about his entire candidacy being a means to electing HC more credible. At times, he seems to be doing everything humanly possible to appear to be more of a sociopathic loose cannon than the day before. I'm serious - if the man came out smiling the day after losing the general election and said, "Gotcha!", I would not be shocked.

Hawkeyz
08-04-2016, 12:09 PM
If we wake up on that Tues in Nov and HRC has won in a landslide, I don't think it will shock anyone.

I believe this is now a center-left country, so any conservative (or someone with an R by their name) has a tough row to hoe. Because of that shift to the left, the electoral map puts any R in a difficult position. Those realities would force anyone to presume that the presidency would be the Dems to lose.

She can lose it too because she is so unlikable and she farts scandal and corruption. The electorate is in a "wrong track" mood as well. Independents are tracking with Republicans this year - presenting a great opportunity. An opponent that could stay on message, seem reasonable, shoot effectively at Hillary instead of toward his foot, not pick meaningless fights, say outrageous things (or things that are ripe to be twisted), etc. would have a great shot at sending her into retirement and a life of 2 million dollar speeches - poor girl.

Still, Hillary is not going to suddenly become likable or piously righteous over the next 3 months. There is still a lot of time for her give this thing away. The question is: will Trump shut up long enough, and discipline himself enough to be in a position to take it? I haven't seen much indication that he will be.

I was thinking lately that if it were a Kane-Pence race, people would have someone they like and respect to vote for. As it is, this race is about who you hate less.

Cigar
08-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Almost every day, Trump says or does something that makes that theory about his entire candidacy being a means to electing HC more credible. At times, he seems to be doing everything humanly possible to appear to be more of a sociopathic loose cannon than the day before. I'm serious - if the man came out smiling the day after losing the general election and said, "Gotcha!", I would not be shocked.

I think he was totally surprised he won the primary :laugh:

It's like, I can't believe they swallowed my BS :grin:

Oboe
08-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Libtards run from facts like vampires from a cross.

Cigar
08-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Back to the name calling ...

domer76
08-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Back to the name calling ...

Give Oboe a break. He couldn't even hold down a job as a prison guard.

Standing Wolf
08-04-2016, 02:27 PM
I believe this is now a center-left country, so any conservative (or someone with an R by their name) has a tough row to hoe. Because of that shift to the left, the electoral map puts any R in a difficult position. Those realities would force anyone to presume that the presidency would be the Dems to lose.

Republicans would not have such a "tough row to hoe" if they accepted that on certain topics, particularly in the social arena, Americans are not going to tolerate an agenda that seeks to return the nation and its laws to the 1950s. When it comes to seeking a national political office, opposing legal abortion and same-sex marriage are going to get you cut off at the knees before you even get started. Americans of all (or nearly all) Parties and political persuasions will listen to rational, common-sense proposals on things like border control, gun control, terrorist threats, domestic crime, etc. - but they will not respond positively to insane, hyperbolic rhetoric or scare tactics, of which DJT is currently the chief practitioner. What Republicans have failed to grasp is that every time a candidate or office-holder opens his or her mouth to pander to the Religious Right on some social issue, or wildly exaggerates or misrepresents some other challenge that we face as a nation in order to elicit fear, anger or prejudice, they are losing a hundred votes for every one they may gain.

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Trump is his own worse enemy. His only hope now is for more dirt to be released about Clinton's crimes.

Oboe
08-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Give Oboe a break. He couldn't even hold down a job as a prison guard.

Right scum. I retired.

Hawkeyz
08-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Republicans would not have such a "tough row to hoe" if they accepted that on certain topics, particularly in the social arena, Americans are not going to tolerate an agenda that seeks to return the nation and its laws to the 1950s. When it comes to seeking a national political office, opposing legal abortion and same-sex marriage are going to get you cut off at the knees before you even get started. Americans of all (or nearly all) Parties and political persuasions will listen to rational, common-sense proposals on things like border control, gun control, terrorist threats, domestic crime, etc. - but they will not respond positively to insane, hyperbolic rhetoric or scare tactics, of which DJT is currently the chief practitioner. What Republicans have failed to grasp is that every time a candidate or office-holder opens his or her mouth to pander to the Religious Right on some social issue, or wildly exaggerates or misrepresents some other challenge that we face as a nation in order to elicit fear, anger or prejudice, they are losing a hundred votes for every one they may gain.
Yeah, I understand that is the perspective from that side of things. I have lib friends that I talk to almost every day.

It involves the difference in worldviews where one side sees things in terms of moral absolutes and the other sees right and wrong as, say, more malleable? One view sees the world as if it was true in (pick the date - 1950s will work as well as any other), it is true now vs. those who see truth as more elastic.

So, abortion is the murder of an unborn child or it is something we should embrace and celebrate. Either God instituted marriage - and therefore has the right to define what it is - or SCOTUS can define it according to whatever fits their thinking. defying 4500 years of recorded history. It's either a good idea to let anyone and everyone into this country without knowing who they are and what they desire for America or we should try to get a handle on that. Guns are either the problem or the morality of the person holding the gun is the problem. Either Obama's strategy of minimalization and containment is the best way to deal with people who want to cut all of our heads off or the best way is to apply all of our resources toward destroying the decapitators.

I'm a registered Dem, but that was a protest thing I did about 10 years ago. For sure, I would be a member of what you would call the "religious right". I'm a little smarter and pragmatic than you give me credit for, but I understand that doesn't fit the narrative. I recognize that the culture war is lost. Abortion on demand, homosexual marriage, sky high divorce rates, dysfunctional families galore, undermining of parental authority (and authority of all kinds, esp police at present) momentum toward drug legalization, etc., etc. The left has won, or is winning, on all those fronts. Here's the problem: when the left erases all vestiges of Judeo-Christian morality, the traditional family, and founding principles from America no one will want to live in the world they have created. Regardless, I recognize where we are, so it's hard to "pander" to my ignorant fears. If a politician approached me claiming they would get rid of the abomination of abortion or restore traditional marriage, I would consider them to have taken leave of their senses. All I want now is to be legally able to go to church on Sundays, keep my rifle to shoot critters, keep my handgun to stop anyone threatening harm to my people, and be able to legally present my views in the marketplace of ideas. Now, you will claim that is a bunch of hyperbole, but 40 years ago people were saying that the left wanted to blur gender lines, promote alternative families, etc. Doesn't sound so crazy now huh? So, taking my guns, my religious freedom, and my free speech isn't on the agenda of the left? Oh, I think it definitely is.

So, Trump, even with his ridiculous and unforgiveable faults, represents a temporary stop in the momentum of the left. I have to be for that, even tho I see all of those faults.