PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in 128 years.....

AZ Jim
08-04-2016, 04:52 PM
The Republican club of Harvard will not endorse a Presidential candidate. They say his policies are too mean spirited and out of bounds, including the gold star family flap, the disabled mocking and so on.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/harvard-gop-club-wont-endorse-trump

Cigar
08-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Pile On

AZ Jim
08-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Pile On128 years.....wow.

Don
08-04-2016, 05:10 PM
That's actually a good thing. The people they support are the ones that every 2, 4 and 6 years tell us that they will reduce the size of the federal government to what the constitution set out for it to be. They support the ones who tell us at election time how they will be the ones who will get our border problem and immigration straightened out. They are the ones who support those who lie to us over and over over again. We're sick of them good riddance to them. If we wanted what they really stand for we would vote democrat. I would rather a Rand Paul or even a Ted Cruz was leading the fight against their lying ways but the people like the Harvard "Republicans" still have too much sway.

Oboe
08-04-2016, 05:13 PM
The Republican club of Harvard will not endorse a Presidential candidate. They say his policies are too mean spirited and out of bounds, including the gold star family flap, the disabled mocking and so on.

Clint was right, it's the pussy generation alright.

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 05:52 PM
They are linked at the hip with the Dem establishment. They work together to make sure whichever party wins, the general movement of the nation will be more government and less liberty.

Trump is antiestablishment. So of course they will openly oppose him. I said this was going to happen from the beginning.

Trump just hurts himself by getting off target.

Hawkeyz
08-04-2016, 06:05 PM
Wow. I have always taken my political cues from the Republican Club of Harvard. :)

Cigar
08-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Clint was right, it's the $#@! generation alright.

http://grist.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/get-off-my-lawn.gif?w=500&h=200

Bethere
08-04-2016, 06:54 PM
They are linked at the hip with the Dem establishment. They work together to make sure whichever party wins, the general movement of the nation will be more government and less liberty.

Trump is antiestablishment. So of course they will openly oppose him. I said this was going to happen from the beginning.

Trump just hurts himself by getting off target.

Linked at the hip?

They cleverly concealed this by endorsing Republicans for the last 128 years.

Docthehun
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Wow. I have always taken my political cues from the Republican Club of Harvard. :)

Greetings Hawkeyz!

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Linked at the hip?

They cleverly concealed this by endorsing Republicans for the last 128 years.

When I say that the republican and democratic elites are linked at the hip today, is there a reason you tack on the last 128 years?

No of course you don't have a good reason for that. Moving on.

In the last 3 decades or so, both parties have been two sides of the same coin. They battle on side issues but are united with consolidating power under the central government.

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:02 PM
When I say that the republican and democratic elites are linked at the hip today, is there a reason you tack on the last 128 years?

No of course you don't have a good reason for that. Moving on.

In the last 3 decades or so, both parties have been two sides of the same coin. They battle on side issues but are united with consolidating power under the central government.

On the contrary, the two parties are diametrically opposed on virtually every issue.

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 07:03 PM
On the contrary, the two parties are diametrically opposed on virtually every issue.

Except for the consolidation of power in the central government.

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Except for the consolidation of power in the central government.

False. The gop has filed how many frivolous lawsuits over obama and executive power?

Have you read the ryan budget?

Are you ready for this discussion?

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Greetings Hawkeyz!

And then there were 8.

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 07:24 PM
False. The gop has filed how many frivolous lawsuits over obama and executive power?

Have you read the ryan budget?

Are you ready for this discussion?

Bed time for me.

Both parties seek to increase the power of the central government. Deficit spending. New regulations. New programs (Obamacare, Medicare Part D). They may use different means to reach the same goal, but their aim is identical.

Your off topic invocation of the court cases involving Obama's abuses of executive authority are almost universally coming out against Obama. A couple of SCOTUS decisions were 9-0.

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Bed time for me.

Both parties seek to increase the power of the central government. Deficit spending. New regulations. New programs (Obamacare, Medicare Part D). They may use different means to reach the same goal, but their aim is identical.

Your off topic invocation of the court cases involving Obama's abuses of executive authority are almost universally coming out against Obama. A couple of SCOTUS decisions were 9-0.

My off topic invocation of the court cases was the most appropriate response to your off topic fiction about both parties being the same.

Good times!

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 07:36 PM
My off topic invocation of the court cases was the most appropriate response to your off topic fiction about both parties being the same.

Good times!

My opinion that both parties are identical in the grand scheme of what they are doing to the US (destroying it) is not a lie.

:wink:

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:39 PM
My opinion that both parties are identical in the grand scheme of what they are doing to the US (destroying it) is not a lie.

:wink:

Of course it is.

Good night!

I'll be here, under your bed, protecting you from rogue immigrants, bleeding hearts, and artists.

Peter1469
08-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Of course it is.

Good night!

I'll be here, under your bed, protecting you from rogue immigrants, bleeding hearts, and artists.

Thanks for the milk. I will leave the cookies for you. :wink:

Bethere
08-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the milk. I will leave the cookies for you. :wink:

Thanks!

Hawkeyz
08-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Bed time for me.

Good times!

Its interesting that Peter1469 cited Medicare Part D. That was the thing that caused me to leave the GOP. I got angry about 10 years before everyone else. LOL. I grew tired of Republican candidates coming at me with "Send me to Washington, and I will hold the line on spending and the liberal agenda". So, I would vote for them and they voted and governed like slightly restrained liberals. Medicare Part D was a program we couldn't afford and I thought it was an attempt to buy old people's votes - which isn't very conservative.

So, in the sense that Republicans have governed like liberal-lite, I agree with Peter1469. Both parties spend money we don't have, they just spend it on different things.

On the other hand, there are undeniable differences in the parties. At least in what they say, particularly on social/moral/family issues, there are big contrasts.

For me to go back to the GOP I would need them to become a conservative party - in words and deeds.

kcvet
08-05-2016, 12:53 PM

could talking points memo possibility be liberal ??? hmmmm

AZ Jim
08-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Well as an old person (something you all aspire to being one day), I never used Medicare part D as I found it financially unattractive. I also left the GOP many years ago when I looked over my personal position in relation to political parties and found the GOP lacking in so many ways. I knew someone was picking my pocket but when I finally grabbed the hand reaching for my wallet and looked up to the face of the pickpocket, it was the face of the GOP. I also dislike the total selfish, cold attitude about their fellow Americans. To boil it down to a few words, Reagan cured me of my GOP illness.

kcvet
08-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Well as an old person (something you all aspire to being one day), I never used Medicare part D as I found it financially unattractive. I also left the GOP many years ago when I looked over my personal position in relation to political parties and found the GOP lacking in so many ways. I knew someone was picking my pocket but when I finally grabbed the hand reaching for my wallet and looked up to the face of the pickpocket, it was the face of the GOP. I also dislike the total selfish, cold attitude about their fellow Americans. To boil it down to a few words, Reagan cured me of my GOP illness.

you should dancing in the streets right???

http://i42.tinypic.com/116jkia.jpg