PDA

View Full Version : Romney has zingers that he has has been practicing since August

Cigar
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Folks you can't make this shit up ... :rofl:

With more than 50 million people watching and the presidency at stake, the candidates will meet for their first debate on Wednesday at the University of Denver, and both are cramming like college students before an exam. But it is not enough to pore through the voluminous briefing books. Victory may come down to a single exchange, or a single impression, an answer that comes off as too edgy or, conversely, as too long-winded.

Mr. Obama’s team records his practices to sharpen his responses so that they connect on a more visceral level with the television audience. One of Mr. Romney’s aides calculated his words-per-minute rate in the primary campaign debates to break him of the habit of feeling that he needs to rattle off the most statistics.

Mr. Romney’s team has concluded that debates are about creating moments and has equipped him with a series of zingers that he has memorized and has been practicing on aides since August. His strategy includes luring the president into appearing smug or evasive about his responsibility for the economy.

Mr. Obama is not particularly fluid in sound bites, so his team is aiming for a workmanlike performance like his speech at the Democratic convention. He is looking to show that Mr. Romney would drive the country in an extreme ideological direction at odds with the interests of the middle class.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/us/politics/cramming-and-pruning-for-first-presidential-debate.html

patrickt
10-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Here he goes again.

hanger4
10-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Sure ya can, it seems to be ALL you ever offer.

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Mr. Obama is not particularly fluid in sound bites, so his team is aiming for a workmanlike performance like his speech at the Democratic convention. He is looking to show that Mr. Romney would drive the country in an extreme ideological direction at odds with the interests of the middle class.

In This Thread: Class Warfare

Deadwood
10-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Seems you just did.

I'm confused.

Why is Romney's preparation for the debate worthy of it's own thread?

Are you suggesting that Obama isn't preparing his own zingers?

If, and I pray that it is so, Obama goes into the debate with the same attitude he had in his nomination speech, he will be very busy between now and January...packing his bags.

That was a snorer....

Cigar
10-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Seems you just did.

I'm confused.

If, and I pray that it is so, Obama goes into the debate with the same attitude he had in his nomination speech, he will be very busy between now and January...packing his bags.

That was a snorer....

You think maybe he'll explain to you some real simple math?

Agravan
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
All Romney needs to do is get under obama's thin skin. Once obama gets rattled, his true agenda comes out and the American people will see him for what he is. He can't help himself. He's a narcissistic idiot.

hanger4
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Sure ya can, it seems to be ALL you ever offer.

Seems you just did.

I'm confused.

That was a snorer....

Thanks for making my point.

Cigar
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
All Romney needs to do is get under obama's thin skin. Once obama gets rattled, his true agenda comes out and the American people will see him for what he is. He can't help himself. He's a narcissistic idiot.

Obama is toooo coooool to let that ever happen. :afro:

Deadwood
10-02-2012, 12:05 PM

Cheap, vacuous diversion.

Noting changes

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM

facepalm

Cigar
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Cheap, vacuous diversion.

Noting changes

Simple Math does that to you?

Jenda
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Ok. Fine. We'll let Obama have the title of "coolest President ever"....right along with "worst President ever." Being "cool" doesn't help our country one bit. I would rather have a an un-cool person in the White House that actually cares about the future our country.

Agravan
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
He's only "cool" because he's black. Had he been a white person he would just be stupid.

head of joaquin
10-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Can you imagine Romney using zingers?

BWHHAHAHHAHAHA. He's so robotic, he'll explain them.

Meantime, Obama will point out that that's Romney, practicing zingers because like all conservatives he has only old failed policies -- and the Romney "zingers" will backfire.

It's going to be a blast watchin Robomey trying so hard to act like a human.

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjPx7WQnjvcF0jIGFnx2jEqifMTMDWa WUEUWlHV0O1l9V9Ejieyg

Chris
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
http://i.snag.gy/ET9Db.jpg

Piece o' cake