PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hillary Clinton's relentless ad campaign

Bethere
08-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I realize many of you don't live in targeted states, but I live in Ohio. Even so, has everyone seen her tv ads yet? They are absolutely devastating and virtually uncontested.

These ads run on virtually every commercial break, all day, every day.

We haven't seen a carpet bombing of this magnitude since the retirement party for curtis lemay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XOocb-DId4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YINooPV7jM

In 2012, Obama nuked Romney in August as well. Remember the 47% ads. They were uncontested . By September the race was over.

In 2008, McCain who was taking fed funding for the campaign, was out of money in August and waiting for funds after labor day. This allowed Obama to carpet bomb him too unopposed.

But this year? Paul Begala and friends are just riffing on trump. Not meant to build Hillary's numbers, these ad buys are meant to slam a lid on trump's numbers.

Ugly, and yet fun, I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Your thoughts?

AZ Jim
08-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Good stuff and all true.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Good stuff and all true.

If Hillary is so limited, and trump is such a management genius, then how can this mismatch of resources be happening?

Obama showed Romney and McCain that a community organizer is no one to laugh at by being a way way better manager than they.

This is more of the same. Hillary is a better manager than trump.

It's obvious.

The Xl
08-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Both have plenty of material to use on each other.

Docthehun
08-05-2016, 05:59 PM
I realize many of you don't live in targeted states, but I live in Ohio. Even so, has everyone seen her tv ads yet? They are absolutely devastating and virtually uncontested.

We haven't seen a carpet bombing of this magnitude since the retirement party for curtis lemay!

In 2012, Obama nuked Romney in August as well. Remember the 47% ads. They were uncontested . By September the race was over.

In 2008, McCain who was taking fed funding for the campaign, was out of money in August and waiting for funds after labor day. This allowed Obama to carpet bomb him too unopposed.

But this year? Paul Begala and friends are just riffing on trump. Not meant to build Hillary's numbers, these ad buys are meant to slam a lid on trump's numbers.

Your thoughts?

I would have never guessed in a million years you felt like that...................

del
08-05-2016, 05:59 PM
but rump doesn't have any money to speak of

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Both have plenty of material to use on each other.

Perhaps, but only one of them has the resources to do anything about it.

How did the genius manager, trump, let that happen.

This isn't one of the gop's 'reince and the 17 dwarves', this is the formidable Hillary Clinton.

Right now trump is getting his butt kicked by a little old lady. He isn't ready, and Hillary is just getting started on him.

The gop primary didn't prepare trump for the main event.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:01 PM
I would have never guessed in a million years you felt like that...................

I am a wonder, a continual surprise!

Docthehun
08-05-2016, 06:02 PM

How did he genius manager, trump, let that happen.

This isn't one of the gop's 'reince and the 17 dwarves', this is the formidable Hillary Clinton.

Right now trump is getting his butt kicked by a little old lady. He isn't ready, and Hillary s jst getting started on him.

The gop primary didn't prepare trump for the msin event.

Board the rafts, abandon ship.

The Xl
08-05-2016, 06:05 PM

How did he genius manager, trump, let that happen.

Right now trump is getting his butt kicked by a little old lady. He isn't ready, and Hillary is just getting started on him.

The gop primary didn't prepare trump for the msin event.

Hillary Clinton isn't really that formidable herself, her best line of defense is using others, like the media, the president, establishment neocons, etc, to bash Trump. She's as protected and propped up as it gets.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 06:07 PM

We haven't seen a carpet bombing of this magnitude since the retirement party forcurtislemay!

In 2008, McCain who was taking fed funding for thecampaign, was out of money in August and waiting for funds after labor day. This allowed Obama to carpet bomb him too unopposed.

Your thoughts?
I like the second one. It will help him win.

Bethere
Hillary Clinton isn't really that formidable herself, her best line of defense is using others, like the media, the president, establishment neocons, etc, to bash Trump.

That's what a good manager does.

Ethereal
Hillary Clinton isn't really that formidable herself, her best line of defense is using others, like the media, the president, establishment neocons, etc, to bash Trump. She's as protected and propped up as it gets.

She's the merest hanger-on and rider of coattails.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I like the second one. It will help him win.

Denial!

Run with that, tiger!

Ethereal
08-05-2016, 06:09 PM

She isn't managing them, they're managing her.

She's just an empty vessel through which the plutocracy will continue raping the world.

MisterVeritis
Denial!

Run with that, tiger!
You didn't like the second one?

Bethere
Board the rafts, abandon ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyiu68va3mA

The Xl
08-05-2016, 06:11 PM

No, it goes far beyond Hillary and her team. Whether Trump is bad or good, he isn't a part of the club, and has his own ideas and visions. The political class, global corporations, the banking industry, big oil, contractors, etc, absolutely cannot afford to have someone they cannot control as the president.

Ethereal
08-05-2016, 06:11 PM
If Hillary is so limited, and trump is such a management genius, then how can this mismatch of resources be happening?

Obama showed Romney and McCain that a community organizer is no one to laugh at by being a way way better manager than they.

It's obvious.

Probably because Trump has been running businesses while Hillary Clinton has been leeching off the political system her entire life.

Docthehun
08-05-2016, 06:14 PM

I was a pretty damn good little basketball player in my day and a coach told me one day, "They don't ask how, they ask, how many." :smiley:

Docthehun
08-05-2016, 06:16 PM
No, it goes far beyond Hillary and her team. Whether Trump is bad or good, he isn't a part of the club, and has his own ideas and visions. The political class, global corporations, the banking industry, big oil, contractors, etc, absolutely cannot afford to have someone they cannot control as the president.

I believe there to be a fair amount of truth to that last sentence.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:17 PM
You didn't like the second one?

I love the second one, I was just too stupid to read your post correctly.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I love the second one, I was just too stupid to read your post correctly.
There is truth in your statement.

I liked the second one. I believe it will help Trump.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM

I see your point. I think mine is:

After watching the primaries, observing this summer, and knowing of the 6 bankruptcies, it is easy for me to conclude that trump is a lousy manager.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:23 PM
There is truth in your statement.

I liked the second one. I believe it will help Trump.

Then we agree to disagree. By all means go to the predictions thread nd register your prediction.

Then, we'll see you on election night. Bring your own lampshade.

FindersKeepers
08-05-2016, 06:28 PM

And if anyone thinks she won't conduct foreign policy in a similar manner -- they're in for a very rude awakening.

Be careful what you wish for...

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I was a pretty damn good little basketball player in my day and a coach told me one day, "They don't ask how, they ask, how many." :smiley:

You've set me up for a ton of layups over the years.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 06:36 PM
And if anyone thinks she won't conduct foreign policy in a similar manner -- they're in for a very rude awakening.

Be careful what you wish for...

I don't agree with you very often, but I view you as a model poster.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Then we agree to disagree. By all means go to the predictions thread nd register your prediction.

My prediction? Trump will win.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 07:33 PM
My prediction? Trump will win.

I assumed that was your prediction. Be more specific and post it on the thread stickied to the top of the page --that is, unless you are chicken?

The op provided a great resource that allows you to play around with the electoral map and make an intelligent prediction.

Mine was Hillary: 366.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I assumed that was your prediction. Be more specific and post it on the thread stickied to the top of the page --that is, unless you are chicken?

The op provided a great resource that allows you to play around with the electoral map and make an intelligent prediction.

My prediction is Trump will win. Did that give you difficulty the first time I wrote it?

maineman
08-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I don't understand how Donald can be out of money? Why doesn't he just fund his own campaign.... He's like, Gates rich... Buffet rich....right? Isn't that what he says? How many billions did he, himself say he was worth? $10B? Why not just drop one of those billions on your own campaign, Donald? Bet on yourself.

maineman
08-05-2016, 07:45 PM
and we all know why he won't - unless Hillary can bait him into it - and that is because he may be a horrible presidential candidate, but he's not a complete idiot and only a complete idiot would piss away a billion dollars on a losing bet.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 07:47 PM
I don't understand how Donald can be out of money? Why doesn't he just fund his own campaign.... He's like, Gates rich... Buffet rich....right? Isn't that what he says? How many billions did he, himself say he was worth? $10B? Why not just drop one of those billions on your own campaign, Donald? Bet on yourself.
Thus far he has spent a fraction of what Clinton has (1/40th?). Let's see what he can do his way.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Thus far he has spent a fraction of what Clinton has (1/40th?). Let's see what he can do his way.

Preliminary results are in: Hillary +15--marist/mcclatchey

Election 2016 is over. You lost.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Being rich doesn't mean that he has liquidity.

maineman
08-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Being rich doesn't mean that he has liquidity.

exactly.... because Donald gets to put a value on his "brand". He's probably got six billion in "TRUMP" brand value. Maybe a lot more... which is another reason why he doesn't want us to see his tax returns like every other presidential candidate has been willing to disclose for 50 years.... He's nowhere NEAR as well off as he pretends to be... that's MY guess... that, and he donates squat to charities.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 08:02 PM
exactly.... because Donald gets to put a value on his "brand". He's probably got six billion in "TRUMP" brand value. Maybe a lot more... which is another reason why he doesn't want us to see his tax returns like every other presidential candidate has been willing to disclose for 50 years.... He's nowhere NEAR as well off as he pretends to be... that's MY guess... that, and he donates squat to charities.

Good will belongs on your balance sheet, but you can never spend it.

MisterVeritis
08-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Nonsense. Why do you blather?

The election is in November. Do you need a link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016)?

kcvet
08-05-2016, 08:28 PM

Your thoughts?

I feel for Ohio

Docthehun
08-05-2016, 08:31 PM
I feel for Ohio

I thought you lived here? :smiley:

kcvet
08-05-2016, 08:41 PM
I thought you lived here? :smiley:

to close to DC

Captain Obvious
08-05-2016, 08:45 PM

Your thoughts?

Where at in Ohio? Just curious, I lived in a town south of Columbus a while back.

I don't watch much TV at all, hardly any. Virtually never for the most part but I did catch one of her ads a week back or so, it showed Trump doing his obnoxious thing while these little children were watching.

To me that smacked of desperation and the kind of stuff that Trump's popularity feeds on.

It's unfortunate in this "democracy" when a candidate has to throw mud at their opponent instead of showing what they've done and what they can do.

But that's what this idiocy "democracy" feeds on, inn'it?

Captain Obvious
08-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Idiocracy

The movie came true.

Bethere
08-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Nonsense. Why do you blather?

The election is in November. Do you need a link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016)?

Do you need a life line?

Bethere
08-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Where at in Ohio? Just curious, I lived in a town south of Columbus a while back.

I don't watch much TV at all, hardly any. Virtually never for the most part but I did catch one of her ads a week back or so, it showed Trump doing his obnoxious thing while these little children were watching.

To me that smacked of desperation and the kind of stuff that Trump's popularity feeds on.

It's unfortunate in this "democracy" when a candidate has to throw mud at their opponent instead of showing what they've done and what they can do.

But that's what this idiocy "democracy" feeds on, inn'it?

I am from the dayton metro area.

Captain Obvious
08-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I am from the dayton metro area.

So is Polecat from what I understand

Bethere
08-05-2016, 09:56 PM
So is @Polecat (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=921) from what I understand

He has a great avatar!

Peter1469
08-05-2016, 11:06 PM

That is $6B more that you have in your brand. :wink:

maineman
08-05-2016, 11:08 PM
That is $6B more that you have in your brand. :wink:

incorrect. I estimate that the maineman brand is worth at least 100 billion dollars.

Peter1469
08-05-2016, 11:09 PM
to close to DC

I am 5 miles from DC.

Bethere
08-06-2016, 01:24 AM
My prediction is Trump will win. Did that give you difficulty the first time I wrote it?

How would he do it?

Pick a number between 270 and 538! Post that number on the thread stickied at the top of the page.

I dare you.

resister
12-20-2017, 01:14 PM

Your thoughts?
My thoughts ? What a hoot of a thread!21798

resister
12-20-2017, 01:18 PM

How would he do it?

Pick a number between 270 and 538! Post that number on the thread stickied at the top of the page.

I dare you.
LOL, thanks for a good chuckle, Bethere! @MisterVeritis (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1287) enjoy the chuckles! Ransom here is a classic! Still making predictions to this day!

Captdon
12-20-2017, 02:05 PM

It's obvious.

Yea, that's why she lost the election.

resister
12-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Yea, that's why she lost the election.
There are many pre-election threads just like this one, they would rather we forget they made them, I say every time they make predictions on Trump and his policies, re resurrect one as a reminder!

Ransom
12-20-2017, 08:19 PM
LOL, thanks for a good chuckle, Bethere! @MisterVeritis (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1287) enjoy the chuckles! @Ransom (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=724) here is a classic! Still making predictions to this day!
Great find there, I don't think I ever noted Bethere predicting 366 Electoral college votes.....she got 232.

366-232=134.....Bethere missing that prediction by 134 Electoral votes.....that is like a 12 states swing and miss.

Must have been a shocking night.

resister
12-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Great find there, I don't think I ever noted Bethere predicting 366 Electoral college votes.....she got 232.

366-232=134.....Bethere missing that prediction by 134 Electoral votes.....that is like a 12 states swing and miss.

Must have been a shocking night.
What a great prediction, we should give his predictions, great weight!

resister
12-20-2017, 10:33 PM
LOL, thanks for a good chuckle, Bethere! @MisterVeritis (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1287) enjoy the chuckles! @Ransom (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=724) here is a classic! Still making predictions to this day! Bethere I could take 3 credit hours and lose a campaign better than you.

resister
12-20-2017, 10:57 PM
LOL, what a great thread!

resister
12-21-2017, 01:06 AM
How would he do it?

I dare you.
Bethere he did it!

Ransom
12-21-2017, 07:22 AM
@Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1988) he did it!
I remember Bethere's shame postings. After two black men were shot by police, Bethere came onto the forum to demand white men apologize to every black man they saw that day.......hang their head in shame. I thought he was joking.......having fun although the issue wasn't funny. When I realized he was serious, I tried in vain to point out to him......that the two police officers who had shot these men......one was a black plain clothes officer, one was a white woman.......and yet he persisted. I asked him seriously......should a shooting by a female officer and a black officer....put shame on all white men....and he said absolutely.

I quickly and efficiently put him on my ignore list. I still tell people about that.........such a clear window into the soul of a true liberal.

countryboy
12-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Lol, that was highly entertaining. Yet, he's still trying to convince us the polls about Trump' s approval ratings are accurate. Hilarious.

Hey, Kreskin ( Bethere ), where you Be at man?

resister
12-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Lol, that was highly entertaining. Yet, he's still trying to convince us the polls about Trump' s approval ratings are accurate. Hilarious.

Hey, Kreskin ( @Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1988) ), where you Be at man?
Yet here Trump sits in the WH!21821