PDA

View Full Version : Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Peter1469
08-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN10G2BQ)

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's lead over Republican rival Donald Trump narrowed to less than 3 percentage points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday, down from nearly eight points on Monday.

About 42 percent of likely voters favored Clinton, to Trump's 39 percent, according to the July 31-Aug. 4 online poll of 1,154 likely voters. The poll had a credibility interval of plus or minus 3 percentage points, meaning that the results suggest the race is roughly even.

Among registered voters over the same period, Clinton held a lead of five percentage points, down from eight percentage points on Monday, according to the poll.

The reasons behind the shift were unclear.

The reason is that many people have just enough integrity to not vote for crooked Hillary.

OGIS
08-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Yawn. The media will screw with the poll methodology and the numbers to keep it a horse race as long as possible, to sell more soap.

Meaningless until, say, mid-October.

Peter1469
08-06-2016, 11:58 PM
lol

AZ Jim
08-07-2016, 12:20 AM
http://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1180a1The2016Election.pdf

HoneyBadger
08-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Clinton is not popular, even among democrats. There was a Democratic party rally here in my small town earlier this week. They paraded out Senator Udall and our local state reps. There were a few Clinton supporters and dozens of Bernie supporters holding up signs that said "Hillary for Jail, 2016". I think the DNC has misjudged the depth of hatred within their own party for their chosen candidate.

IMPress Polly
08-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Peter wrote:
The reason is that many people have just enough integrity to not vote for crooked Hillary.

Ugh, I can't believe that I once considered you my friend! Not that I'm a big fan of Clinton or anything (as you know, I'm supporting another candidate), but the use of "Trumpian" rhetoric just erases all credibility you may have once had in my mind. I mean I guess rightists gonna be rightists, but for me, supporting Trump is definitely crossing the line into unacceptable, as in 'we can't be friends', territory. Trump supporters are intrinsically authoritarian and xenophobic because these are the sole value for which their candidate stands. Those are their only morals. That's pretty much the dictionary definition of evil as far as I'm concerned.

I'm no imperialist or Cold Warrior (certainly no NATO sympathizer), but my contempt for what Trump represents has even affected my ability to sympathize with governments like those of Russia and North Korea with which I've traditionally sympathized somewhat. Now that they've both endorsed Trump, that for me has made much clearer what they actually stand for in essence. In point of fact, my conversion to anarchism this year has been very substantially a reaction to the rise of Trump and his distinctive brand of neo-fascism in America, which I consider even scarier than the traditional neo-conservatism I've been accustomed to and previously considered myself the polar opposite. The fascistic "alternative right" that Trump is bringing out of the woodwork, analogies to which are on the rise worldwide, scares me more than neo-conservatism because of its downright cartoonish ultra-misogyny, strong hues of ethnic cleansing, and subscription to the Great Man Theory (i.e. personality over the rule of the law).

Signing on with the Trump campaign to any degree is signing away your friendship with me. It shows we have nothing in common.

(As to the matter of recent polls, I think you're being fairly selective. :wink: The gold standard for opinion surveys is the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the most recent of which, released Wednesday, shows Clinton leading Trump by nine points. Just about all the other polls released this last week though also show Clinton leading by at least seven points.)

FindersKeepers
08-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Signing on with the Trump campaign to any degree is signing away your friendship with me. It shows we have nothing in common.

Wow.

That loud noise you just heard, my dear friends, was the sound of a mind slamming shut.

Amazing.

IMPress Polly
08-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Indeed I'm not very open-minded to things like ethnic cleansing. (And yes, stuff like mass deportations, the approximate banning of "foreign" religions, etc., pretty well qualifies in my book.) Call me boring, but I am against the legitimization of that kind of politics.

FindersKeepers
08-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Indeed I'm not very open-minded to things like ethnic cleansing. (And yes, stuff like mass deportations, the approximate banning of "foreign" religions, etc., pretty well qualifies in my book.) Call me boring, but I am against the legitimization of that kind of politics.

There are many in the world who view your politics in the same detrimental light. I've yet to see anything in your political views that would indicate you've cornered the market on morality.

I prefer, however, to respect the opinions of others and not to insist that they think like I do -- or I'll dump them as friends. That kind of narrow minded thinking just doesn't sit well with me. It reminds me of the schoolyard bullies who picked on the kids who didn't worship them.

While I haven't been here all that long, I've come to see Peter as a person of integrity with an advanced ability for being able to present his opinions and back them up with facts.

Nothing personal, but you claim to embrace anarchy and that's pretty off-the-wall in itself. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear your opinions -- I do -- but it indicates an immature political mindset. With political maturity, one learns to listen and discuss all points of view without becoming angry or threatening to withdraw a friendship. When you're secure in your opinions, you don't need to threaten others for not agreeing. You won't need the reinforcement.

IMPress Polly
08-07-2016, 07:30 AM
FindersKeepers wrote:
While I haven't been here all that long, I've come to see Peter as a person of integrity with an advanced ability for being able to present his opinions and back them up with facts.

Peter is indeed respectable in the way he presents things. That's a big part of why we have been friends for some time. Unfortunately though, with me there's also a degree to which what you have to say matters, not just how you say it. You can call that being narrow-minded or closed off, but I just can't respect certain kinds of views. I'm always looking for new ideas and different perspective, but I do have some core principles and limits. Fascistic politics are among my personal limits.

zelmo1234
08-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Ugh, I can't believe that I once considered you my friend! Not that I'm a big fan of Clinton or anything (as you know, I'm supporting another candidate), but the use of "Trumpian" rhetoric just erases all credibility you may have once had in my mind. I mean I guess rightists gonna be rightists, but for me, supporting Trump is definitely crossing the line into unacceptable, as in 'we can't be friends', territory. Trump supporters are intrinsically authoritarian and xenophobic because these are the sole value for which their candidate stands. Those are their only morals. That's pretty much the dictionary definition of evil as far as I'm concerned.

I'm no imperialist or Cold Warrior (certainly no NATO sympathizer), but my contempt for what Trump represents has even affected my ability to sympathize with governments like those of Russia and North Korea with which I've traditionally sympathized somewhat. Now that they've both endorsed Trump, that for me has made much clearer what they actually stand for in essence. In point of fact, my conversion to anarchism this year has been very substantially a reaction to the rise of Trump and his distinctive brand of neo-fascism in America, which I consider even scarier than the traditional neo-conservatism I've been accustomed to and previously considered myself the polar opposite. The fascistic "alternative right" that Trump is bringing out of the woodwork, analogies to which are on the rise worldwide, scares me more than neo-conservatism because of its downright cartoonish ultra-misogyny, strong hues of ethnic cleansing, and subscription to the Great Man Theory (i.e. personality over the rule of the law).

(As to the matter of recent polls, I think you're being fairly selective. :wink: The gold standard for opinion surveys is the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, the most recent of which, released Wednesday, shows Clinton leading Trump by nine points. Just about all the other polls released this last week though also show Clinton leading by at least seven points.)

Folks unfortunately we have people like this actually teaching our Students. Polly I am Sorry but I have to call you out and ask for some explanations.

First we see that the left can't be friends with those that have a Different Political outlook! Than they do. Here Polly can't be friends with Peter anymore because he used the Term Crooked Hillary! Well Polly the FACTS show that Hillary is not honest and conspired to make sure that her opponent did not have a fair chance.

My question is, in your classroom, with an attitude like this? How is it possible for you to be fair in your presentation of materials, and clearly it would be impossible for you to grade Students fairly, if they disagree with your position. How do you overcome that?

Next I want to give you a chance to List the Neo Fascist policies that Trump is backing, Not the Talking points that are being stated by they DNC and Hillary, Those are not truthful, one might say they are Crooked.

OF COURSE RUSSIA AND NORTH KOREA HAVE NOT ENDORSED TRUMP! that is what you mother would call a lie!

Next and I have very confused here. But you tell us that you sympathize with Russia and N Korea, but because you feel they are more in line with Trumps policies you can't support him?

I am Confused, Are you actually smart enough to understand that the policies that you support are devastating to the poor and middle class?

Now here is the big one! You have accused Trump of supporting policies of Ethnic Cleansing!!!

Please State the Statements and Policies that Support your Claim?

Thanks for your honest Response.

PS. Your political views have nothing to do with who I feel about you as a person. While we do try and limit our Business dealings with the left, because of there open dishonesty in all aspects of life. There are many that are in our circle of Friends.

zelmo1234
08-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Peter is indeed respectable in the way he presents things. That's a big part of why we have been friends for some time. Unfortunately though, with me there's also a degree to which what you have to say matters, not just how you say it. You can call that being narrow-minded or closed off, but I just can't respect certain kinds of views. I'm always looking for new ideas and different perspective, but I do have some core principles and limits. Fascistic politics are among my personal limits.

Again I will ask you to list those Fascistic Polices and back them up with FACTS, and not propaganda.

Also I find it highly unlikely that you have core principles. That would require character, which you are showing that you have very little of?

Peter1469
08-07-2016, 08:32 AM
That is not Trumpian rhetoric, those are my words. I severed 25 years in the Army and am frankly stumped that Hillary's crimes have not taken her down. It makes me think that Americans just don't give a shit. And that makes me feel like my love for the nation is misplaced. It also makes me think that I have wasted my time this last 25 years.

Oh, and I am leaning Johnson.

Docthehun
08-07-2016, 08:59 AM
A kid at heart.................well, at least a kid.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/290403-me-first-my-two-year-olds-philosophy-shouldnt-be-our

IMPress Polly
08-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Peter wrote:
That is not Trumpian rhetoric, those are my words. I severed 25 years in the Army and am frankly stumped that Hillary's crimes have not taken her down. It makes me think that Americans just don't give a $#@!. And that makes me feel like my love for the nation is misplaced. I also makes me think that I have wasted my time this last 25 years.

Oh, and I am leaning Johnson.

Okay, good. You are mostly redeemed then. :grin:

Peter1469
08-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Okay, good. You are mostly redeemed then. :grin:

I can accept that.

Subdermal
08-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Clinton is not popular, even among democrats. There was a Democratic party rally here in my small town earlier this week. They paraded out Senator Udall and our local state reps. There were a few Clinton supporters and dozens of Bernie supporters holding up signs that said "Hillary for Jail, 2016". I think the DNC has misjudged the depth of hatred within their own party for their chosen candidate.

This. I can tell you that this is exactly what happened in Wisconsin as well.

Hillary's support is a mirage. A wholly invented media construct. The presence of truly empty-skulled paid sycophant supporters of Hillary on forums is further evidence of that.

The Hillary/Kaine bus tour immediately following the DNC did not get any press. Know why?

No one showed up.

Subdermal
08-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Wow.

That loud noise you just heard, my dear friends, was the sound of a mind slamming shut.

Amazing.

A communist mind.

Which means two things.

1. You could knock me over with a feather;
2. I could not care less.

birddog
08-07-2016, 09:36 AM

How about Hillary is a lying, corrupt, murdering, incompetent POS! Only a mentally challenged, biased nincompoop would vote for her, and I know there are many.

OGIS
08-07-2016, 09:39 AM
...I've come to see Peter as a person of integrity with an advanced ability for being able to present his opinions and back them up with facts.

"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

It's early, I'm half asleep, and the parallel just popped into my mind.

debbietoo
08-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN10G2BQ)

Where did you find that poll? I just checked Real Clear Politics today. It was way up for Clinton.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

FiveThirtyEight:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Common
08-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Where did you find that poll? I just checked Real Clear Politics today. It was way up for Clinton.

FiveThirtyEight:

First of all peters posted poll from a legitimate non partisan source reuters came out the DAY before the real politics. Real politics does not poll, the compile the results of different polls. Some of the polls in the real politics list the race as 1% difference and some 2 and CBS left wing pollers have it at 12.

Nate Silvers 538 is STATISTICS not polls, he uses mathmatical statistics. Hes right many times and hes been very wrong also. For the first half of the primary, he first said trump wouldnt last 16 days in the primary. Then it went to he had a 2% chance to win the primary. During the entire primary till trump won Silver had him losing.

Silvers stats were so off than when trump won the primary he posted that He was off entirely on trump.

Wallace Thompson
08-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Only a mentally challenged, biased nincompoop would vote for her.

I guess that means she gets your vote.

AZ Jim
08-07-2016, 11:58 AM
There is no way that Trump is that close and you are misquoting RCP.

Common
08-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Remember something about Polls, when obama was running against Romney they most all had romney ahead.

Polling is no longer accurate in to many cases and its because of PARTISANSHIP. In the last years pollsters word polls to benefit who they want to come out on top. They use to restrain their bias in the past, not as much anymore and that goes for Right and Left Pollsters. How can you several polls with clinton ahead 1 or 2 or 4 pts then have a cbs poll having her 12 nonesense.

In fla you get MANY political poll calls, Every time I get a call and they ask who I prefer for president I say Hillary Clinton. One pollster asked, if the election were right not today who would you vote for. I said Clinton, second question, is it possible your choice could change, NO, third question can you say with confidence that you will vote the democrat ticket. YES... I lied

Peter1469
08-07-2016, 12:14 PM

FiveThirtyEight:

I provided a link. It is blue.

MisterVeritis
08-07-2016, 12:46 PM

I see you have the words down.
Authoritarian: We have laws. Let's follow them. Oh, and stop murdering police.
Xenophobic: You can't come to our country illegally. We will defend our borders so we don't lose our nation. If you are coming from a nation who hates the US we are not going to let you come until responsible officials assure us you can be vetted.
Neo-fascism: Fascism is a leftist ideology. You will have to explain what you mean.
fascistic "alternative right": See above. Explain what you mean. Fascism is left.
Neo-conservatism: Let's see. Does Trump favor big government? Maybe. One thing is certain, whether he favors it or not that will be his starting point. We cannot escape the massive Federal bureaucracy that both parties created beginning with Wilson, TR, and then FDR. Does Trump favor intervention? It does not appear to be so. But he does favor winning the wars we are in. Is he hostile to religion? I see no evidence of it.
cartoonish ultra-misogyny: This is another Leftist phrase with no meaning in Trump's case. But it does apply to Mrs. BJ Clinton.
Ethnic Cleansing: Nonsense. I believe we need to cleanse the government of its radicals, liberals, Muslim Brotherhood lawyers, and Islamofascism supporters. Is that what you mean? Is Marxism-Leninism-Socialism-Progressivism-Liberalism now "ethnic"?
Great Man Theory: "The Great Man theory is a 19th-century idea according to which history can be largely explained by the impact of "great men", or heroes; highly influential individuals who, due to either their personal charisma, intelligence, wisdom, or political skill utilized their power in a way that had a decisive historical impact ."

Would it be too cheeky to say, "I have upped my game. Up yours."?

debbietoo
08-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Well, guess you can look at polls according to your point of view then.

maineman
08-07-2016, 02:58 PM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

RealClearPolitics has her poll averages continuing to climb. Relying on one poll to make you feel better.... well, Pete... it may make you FEEL better but it really shouldn't be the way you look at polling data.

zelmo1234
08-07-2016, 03:28 PM
I think that the polls will tighten as we near the election.

They are both simply Terrible candidates. Still thing that Clinton has about a 55% chance of winning.

The Xl
08-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Literally every poll out there is baseless nonsense.

maineman
08-07-2016, 03:54 PM
all of life is futile!

Bethere
08-07-2016, 04:41 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

RealClearPolitics has her poll averages continuing to climb. Relying on one poll to make you feel better.... well, Pete... it may make you FEEL better but it really shouldn't be the way you look at polling data.

Actually, judging by the polls in the field, it looks like the ipsos reuters poll is just on the lower end of the moe. +/- 4, that 3 point lead could easily be construed as +7 and in line with every other poll including the one they did last week.

Peter1469
08-07-2016, 04:42 PM

I don't feel better with (D) or (R).

I just posted a poll result

Newpublius
08-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Even Rasmussen gives Clinton an edge. (Rasmussen stained their brand last election, so I don't look at them as a source of truth). Kind've like a scale that's broken, not useful to tell you your exact weight but still useful for purposes of showing relative weight loss.

Common
08-07-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't feel better with (D) or (R).

I just posted a poll result

Pete only their polls count, only what they want to hear or read is True or worthly. You should know that by now.

Peter1469
08-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Pete only their polls count, only what they want to hear or read is True or worthly. You should know that by now.

Right. Don't let the noise distract you. Stay frosty.

maineman
08-07-2016, 06:39 PM

bullshit. I use RealClearPolitics exclusively. It averages ALL polls. It has shown Clinton's lead growing steadily since the end of the DNC. In the 14 battleground states tracked by RCP Clinton leads in eleven..

How do you respond to that?

MisterVeritis
08-07-2016, 07:58 PM
What happens when people find out Crooked Hillary has a broken brain?

Bethere
08-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Even Rasmussen gives Clinton an edge. (Rasmussen stained their brand last election, so I don't look at them as a source of truth). Kind've like a scale that's broken, not useful to tell you your exact weight but still useful for purposes of showing relative weight loss.

Actually Rasmussen is very accurate. Just subtract 3% from the Republican every time and give it to the Democrat and it usually is right there.

Bethere
08-07-2016, 09:51 PM

A healthy gop would never have to resort to trash such as this.

Eventually the guy with no hair will have to explain howhe got crushed in debate by a woman with a broken brain.

Good luck with that.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 04:35 AM
A healthy gop would never have to resort to trash such as this.

Eventually the guy with no hair will have to explain howhe got crushed in debate by a woman with a broken brain.

Good luck with that.

She won't do well in a debate with Trump. She will either break down. Or shriek.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 05:23 AM
She won't do well in a debate with Trump. She will either break down. Or shriek.

Over and over she went toe to toe with obama.

Trump isn't ready. The gop debates were too big, dysfunctional. He only spoke 10 minutes a night tops. And they threatened a debate boycott to make them ask easy questions without follow up.

Trump is over confident, understudied and untested. Hillary will make him a grease spot.

OGIS
08-08-2016, 10:46 AM

she will fit right in with the Republican Party?

Tahuyaman
08-08-2016, 11:06 AM

The Hillary bootlickers will claim that the polls are meaningless when they don't show Mrs. Clinton with a huge lead.

Tahuyaman
08-08-2016, 11:08 AM

Trump will attack her record and she'll melt down.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Trump will attack her record and she'll melt down.

All those former prosecutors on the house select committee couldn't do that under the bright lights in 11 hours of testimony on international television.

Hillary is battle tested. Trump would have folded. He couldn't even handle five minutes with Katy Turr.

Tahuyaman
08-08-2016, 12:47 PM
All those former prosecutors on the house select committee couldn't do that under the bright lights in 11 hours of testimony on international television.

Hillary is battle tested. Trump would have folded. He couldn't even handle five minutes with Katy Turr.

She failed the test.

OGIS
08-08-2016, 12:55 PM

This is what I would like to see at the first debate, televised live on national television and the Internet:

Clinton and Trump start trading insults, and shoutlng-over each other. They each get more and more heated, more and more flustered. They get so excited that they both forget the fact that the world is watching them, and simultaneously scream savage, gutteral war cries and rush towards each other. They start clawing, biting and kicking, ripping each other's clothes off.

I want to see blood. Ears bitten off. Eyeballs gouged out and rolling around on the stage. The Secret Service going nuts and trying to protect each from the other, finally each drawing their guns down on the other group of agents.

Now THAT would be entertainment.

Yeah, yeah, I know. tPF is not my personal erotica site.

Cigar
08-08-2016, 01:25 PM
*****BREAKING*****Clinton Opens 12 Point National Lead / 13 In Two Person RaceVoters less optimistic, enthusiastic than at start of campaign

West Long Branch, NJ - Hillary Clinton has taken a double digit lead over Donald Trump according to the latest Monmouth University Poll . This compares to the slim two point lead she held among likely voters just before the two major parties held their conventions. Both candidates remain unpopular, but the Democrat has a growing advantage on being seen as more temperamentally suited for the presidency. Still, Clinton's email use remains a problem for her, while voters are divided on the impact of Trump's attitude toward Russia. The poll also found that voters are less optimistic and enthusiastic about the 2016 election than they were one year ago.

Currently, 46% of registered voters support Clinton and 34% back Trump, with 7% supporting Libertarian Gary Johnson, and 2% backing Jill Stein of the Green Party. Support among likely voters stands at 50% Clinton, 37% Trump, 7% Johnson, and 2% Stein. In a poll taken days before the Republican convention in mid-July, Clinton held a narrow 43% to 40% lead among registered voters and a 45% to 43% lead among likely voters.

http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_080816/

MONMOUTH IS RATED A+ AT 538

https://youtu.be/qpGx4foRdPw

Cigar
08-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Clinton Takes Double-Digit Lead Over Trump In New Monmouth PollHillary Clinton took a double-digit lead over Donald Trump among registered voters nationally in a new Monmouth University poll (https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_080816/) out Monday, yet more evidence of a post-convention boost for the Democratic nominee.

Clinton received 46 percent support among registered voters, while Trump earned 34 percent. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson took 7 percent, and the Green Party’s Jill Stein received 2 percent.

In the last iteration of the poll, conducted just before the start of the Republican National Convention in mid-July, Clinton led Trump 43 percent to 40 percent.

Clinton’s support among self-identified Democrats rose from 88 percent in July to 92 percent in August, while Trump’s support among the Republican base fell slightly from 81 to 79 percent.

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltracker/clinton-leads-12-points-monmouth-august-poll

Cigar
08-08-2016, 02:55 PM
"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shut-down of All Polling until we can figure out what the Hell is going on ... :laugh:

Safety
08-08-2016, 02:59 PM
LoL

AZ Jim
08-08-2016, 03:02 PM
What happens when people find out Crooked Hillary has a broken brain?A broken brain hasn't slowed you down.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 03:06 PM

A broken brain hasn't slowed you down.
I am not a criminal running for President. Broke-Brain Crooked Hillary is.

Broke-Brain is going down. Crooked Hillary for Prison 2017. When Trump wins Crooked Hillary is moving to Leavenworth.

Bo-4
08-08-2016, 04:40 PM
The Trump-Dump continues!

And Mr. Slate is not happy. ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2125/2460750939_e4780e5de6_o.gif

Bethere
08-08-2016, 09:57 PM

I am not a criminal running for President. Broke-Brain Crooked Hillary is.

Broke-Brain is going down. Crooked Hillary for Prison 2017. When Trump wins Crooked Hillary is moving to Leavenworth.

Hillary Clinton has a clean record as does her husband and Obama.

Meanwhile dozens of nixon aides were convicted of crimes in office.

Dozens of Reagan aides were convicted of crimes in office.

No one in either the Clinton or Obama administrations were convicted of crimes in office.

Have a great day!