PDA

View Full Version : Trump's Tax plan

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 03:12 PM
I watched his noon speech. Teleprompter Trump is pretty boring.

Corporations: 15%

Individuals: 12/25/33% ("Many will pay NO tax." I thought many on the right abhor that notion.)

Hope you're all fine that corporations will pay less than you. Good times!

I'll take my commercial buildings, sell them to my corporation (Which essentially my corporation paid for in the first place.). I'll pay capital gain taxes on what otherwise would be taxed as regular income (Schedule E), draw only enough salary to pay 12% and all my corporate income will only get taxed at 15%.

Life is Good (for me).........(and others that can do as described above, sorry if you're not included)

VOTE TRUMP!!! Candidate for the average guy!

FindersKeepers
08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

You make it sound as if the employees, including the CEO, CFO, President and everyone down to the mail boy aren't going to be paying taxes on what they make at that corporation.

They are.

Every dime pulled out of that corporation in the form of wages or dividends is taxed. Some folks consider taxing the corporation, itself, to be double taxation.

zelmo1234
08-08-2016, 03:24 PM

Individuals: 12/25/33% ("Many will pay NO tax." I thought many on the right abhor that notion.)

I'll take my commercial buildings, sell them to my corporation (Which essentially my corporation paid for in the first place.). I'll pay capital gain taxes on what otherwise would be taxed as regular income (Schedule E), draw only enough salary to pay 12% and all my corporate income will only get taxed at 15%.

Life is Good (for me).........(and others that can do as described above, sorry if you're not included)

I don't know how you log your Rental Income but mine is done through the corporation for just that reason.

A 15% corporate tax would be huge in moving companies back from overseas. The expansion in years 5-8 would be enormous.

That would make us competitive with most of the other industrial companies. 33% top rate? he is talking about a very simple tax code, it is likely a tax increase not a decrease but it will be OK because the accounting costs will decline dramatically.

And as for the average Guy? Having a Job or a better paying job? I think that is what would make their life better.

I know that Obama is the food stamp king and Hillary would likely double the welfare roles, but to most people that does not define success.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 03:43 PM
I don't know how you log your Rental Income but mine is done through the corporation for just that reason.

A 15% corporate tax would be huge in moving companies back from overseas. The expansion in years 5-8 would be enormous.

That would make us competitive with most of the other industrial companies. 33% top rate? he is talking about a very simple tax code, it is likely a tax increase not a decrease but it will be OK because the accounting costs will decline dramatically.

And as for the average Guy? Having a Job or a better paying job? I think that is what would make their life better.

I know that Obama is the food stamp king and Hillary would likely double the welfare roles, but to most people that does not define success.

I own my buildings, not the corporation. If I ran the income through my corporation, I would have been required to pay myself dividends, taxable to me, but not deductible on the corporate books. Buried in the 75,000 pages of IRS code are the rules requiring those dividends, even if I don't physically exchange funds. Tax vs Book Income

The corporate tax ploy is a myth. The only number that really matters is the "effective tax" rate. GE doesn't now and won't in the future pay any corporate tax. Corporate tax is just another expense passed on to the next guy in the food chain.

Simple tax code? Not going to happen.

A job, or better job will strictly depend on you and your talents. Your life is only going to get better if you make it happen.

AZ Jim
08-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Gee! I wish I was a bigshot.

texan
08-08-2016, 05:12 PM

or don't vote Trump and re-vote for 1% growth of GDP and no recovery. Heck they will even continue to piss down your back and tell you it's raining. You should really watch your sarcasm in this case. The dems haven't done much of anything except shackle business growth.

Lame ass response sir.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Gee! I wish I was a bigshot.

Jim, you hit it right on the head. By no means am I a big shot; small fish, big sea, but I did learn how the system (establishment in some minds) functions and I set out to take as much advantage as possible, even though the rules are really written for (and by) the big fish. This is capitalism at its best (or worst depending on how YOU are personally doing).

I never set out to be rich as I'm damn comfortable just having the basics. My standard of living is not much higher than it was in college, except now, I always have money. Growing up dirt poor has it's advantages. So I never chased the Jones'. Instead, I invested and got hooked on doing good deeds. I recognized that the better I did financially, the more I could poor into my hometown. So I continue to be a successful grease monkey, my net worth continues to climb and I do more.

But I also recognize, that 98 out of 100 people won't ever have that opportunity. The odds are stacked against it. That's not to imply that people are stupid; they're not. In my case, I give all the credit to the "Big Guy" upstairs who takes fabulous care of me. Like many others, I got a big helping hand, 200G (borrowed, with interest on a 20 year note) from my dad to buy my first piece of ground. I had an unbelievable assortment of mentors and great jobs where I learned much. But I worry that many Trump supporters are buying into the notion that he's going to change the "system" to their benefit. They're free to buy into that if they wish, but I'd ask them to sit back and ask themselves why he would change a system that's got him to where he is.

I hate to say it, but it looks like all those who signed on at Trump University thinking they'd be millionaires. Bet not.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 05:19 PM
or don't vote Trump and re-vote for 1% growth of GDP and no recovery. Heck they will even continue to piss down your back and tell you it's raining. You should really watch your sarcasm in this case. The dems haven't done much of anything except shackle business growth.

Lame ass response sir.

Business growth is shackled by demand (and a lack of qualified employees).

I'll ignore your last sentence, sir.

texan
08-08-2016, 05:21 PM
There is no lack of qualified employees Sir, therefore last sentence reissued.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 05:22 PM
But I also recognize, that 98 out of 100 people won't ever have that opportunity. The odds are stacked against it.
What a pompous ass you turned out to be. And a fool. You are one of only two in a hundred capable of doing the right things, working, investing, and becoming well off.

It is not the opportunity that is lacking. It is desire.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 05:31 PM
What a pompous ass you turned out to be. And a fool. You are one of only two in a hundred capable of doing the right things, working, investing, and becoming well off.

Without people like doc your doomed party doesn't have enough members to elect someone president.

FindersKeepers
08-08-2016, 05:34 PM
I own my buildings, not the corporation. If I ran the income through my corporation, I would have been required to pay myself dividends, taxable to me, but not deductible on the corporate books. Buried in the 75,000 pages of IRS code are the rules requiring those dividends, even if I don't physically exchange funds. Tax vs Book Income

Excuse me???

I'm going to give you a little tip -- look around for a new accountant.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Excuse me???

He IS an accountant.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Without people like doc your doomed party doesn't have enough members to elect someone president.
I suppose we shall find out in a few more weeks, won't we?

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:18 PM
There is no lack of qualified employees Sir, therefore last sentence reissued.

Here in my hometown there are "Hiring" signs everywhere. Therein lies another problem. There was a time when people would get up and move, not so much anymore.

Back in your court Sir.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I suppose we shall find out in a few more weeks, won't we?

Make sure you register a guess on the election thread at the top of the 2016 page. Go on record. Show us how good you are!

Or be a wuss like most of the rest of the Republicans on this forum. At last count, I know of only 6 who admit to being a Republican.

HOW ABOUT YOU? ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT THAT YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN?

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Here in my hometown there are "Hiring" signs everywhere. Therein lies another problem. There was a time when people would get up and move, not so much anymore.

Back in your court Sir.
Reduce welfare.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Make sure you register a guess on the election thread at the top of the 2016 page. Go on record. Show us how good you are!

Or be a wuss like most of the rest of the Republicans on this forum. At last count, I know of only 6 who admit to being a Republican.

I just shake my head.

My guess is that Trump is going to win. I support Trump. I oppose Broke-Brained Crooked Hillary. Is there something else you need to know, flake?

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:24 PM

The GOP is dem lite.

We have some around. Mac is a republican.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:24 PM
I just shake my head.

My guess is that Trump is going to win. I support Trump. I oppose Broke-Brained Crooked Hillary. Is there something else you need to know, flake?

Answer my question.

ARE YOU NOW OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Just wondering, do you talk that way to others? That's a shame.

So that's how you view Mr. Trump, correct?

PS - Do I need to do your homework for you? You still haven't got back to me on why my municipal electric utility can't raise rates any time we please.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Absolutely. Answer my question.

ARE YOU NOW OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

I was. I left in 2006 because they were spending tax dollars like drunken democrats.

I also for separate reasons stopped being a Neocon.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Absolutely. Answer my question.

ARE YOU NOW OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.
Fuck off.

Who cares?

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:27 PM
The GOP is dem lite.

But, you aren't. Lol. You are an independent.

Good times!

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Just wondering, do you talk that way to others? That's a shame.

So that's how you view Mr. Trump, correct?

PS - Do I need to do your homework for you? You still haven't got back to me on why my municipal electric utility can't raise rates any time we please.
I talk that way to pompous asses. If the shoe fits...

What do you want to know about utility companies that I have not already said?

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:28 PM
$#@! off.

Who cares?

Unresponsive!

Answer the question!

ARE YOU OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Why would I be getting back to you?

Utilities cannot raise rates because they are so highly regulated. What else did you want to know?

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Who here is not a sheep?

I mean not a (D) or (R)?

My hand is raised. :smiley:

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Unresponsive!

Answer the question!

ARE YOU OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MEMBER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY?
My party affiliation is none of your business.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:31 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-xM7EFJmmB10%2FUDXNMyxutsI%2FAAAAAAAAOzE%2F4a-2boG0Cek%2Fs1600%2FSheep6.JPG&f=1

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:31 PM
There they are. (D) and (R). They are cute.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Excuse me???

Just last Thursday I dropped by my old accounting firm to check numbers on a possible sale. I get free advice, a post work fringe benefit of being a nice guy I suppose. In any case "KB" just smiled, said don't sell, "Can I trade places with you?" and sent me on my way. I must be doing some things right.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Their they are. (D) and (R). They are cute.
I cannot stand most of them. But their followers are cute.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:34 PM
I was. I left in 2006 because they were spending tax dollars like drunken democrats.

I also for separate reasons stopped being a Neocon.

Some things never change! :smiley:

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Some things never change! :smiley:

Two sides of the same coin.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:36 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-xM7EFJmmB10%2FUDXNMyxutsI%2FAAAAAAAAOzE%2F4a-2boG0Cek%2Fs1600%2FSheep6.JPG&f=1

So, now, you are no longer a Republican but you vote for Republican candidates.

Some pollsters would write an "I" by your name--but I would write an "R" there.

What you do is what matters, not what you say.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:38 PM
So, now, you are no longer a Republican but you vote for Republican candidates.

Some pollsters would write an "I" by your name--but I would write an "R" there.

What you do is what matters, not what you say.

I vote for third party candidates typically. I left the GOP because they are Statists.

Is that too hard of a concept for you to understand?

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:38 PM
sheep

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:40 PM
I vote for third party candidates typically. I left the GOP because they are Statists.

You are embarrassed by being a Republican. Is that too difficult for you to understand?

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:41 PM
You are embarrassed by being a Republican. Is that too difficult for you to understand?
LOL. It doesn't matter. Trump is still going to win.

hanger4
08-08-2016, 06:43 PM

Probably so, his whole political philosophy is predicated on D & R.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:44 PM
LOL. It doesn't matter. Trump is still going to win.

So says the guy who is too embarrassed to admit his membership in the Republican party.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Probably so, his whole political philosophy is predicated on D & R.

And how about you hero?

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:45 PM
So says the guy who is too embarrassed to admit his membership in the Republican party.
My political affiliation is not your concern. Trump is going to win. Broke-Brained Crooked Hillary is going down.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:47 PM

You need to go back in the thread in order to understand. Currently you are off base. PM me if you are too confused to figure out what is going on.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:47 PM
My political affiliation is not your concern. Trump is going to win. Broke-Brained Crooked Hillary is going down.

You don't like to accept personal responsibility for the result of all of those Republican votes you cast.

hanger4
08-08-2016, 06:49 PM
And how about you hero?

We've already been through this little one. I am a registered Republican, conservative first.

Question, When do you grow out of your 3rd grade obsession with labels ??

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:50 PM
We've already been through this little one. I am a registered Republican, conservative first.

Question, When do you grow out of your 3rd grade obsession with labels ??

There's one! You are more honest than pete and veritas!

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:50 PM
You don't like to accept personal responsibility for the result of all of those Republican votes you cast.
You are reaching. And failing. I am not surprised.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Veritis. I won't explain.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I am not surprised.

You fool no one.

MisterVeritis
08-08-2016, 06:52 PM
You fool no one.
Are there people you believe I am trying to fool? Fool?

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I won't explain.

Of course, that is what we've come to expect from you.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:54 PM

I am honest. You, however have proven yourself a troll.

Don't address me from here on out.

decedent
08-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Since they now have rights that people have, they should contribute the same rates.

The 47% will still exist. Poor people can't pay taxes. Poverty needs to be dealth with to make the tax-payin gmiddle class bigger.

Trump's plan isn't much different from the progressive system there is now.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 06:55 PM
I am honest. You, however have proven yourself a troll.

Don't address me from here on out.

You are mad, because I called you a Republican?

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Since they now have rights that people have, they should contribute the same rates.

The 47% will still exist. This isn't much different from the progressive system there is now.

Same book, different cover. (In retrospect, additional pages added)

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 06:57 PM

I am not mad. I am sad. I want the forum to grow. I don't want trash here.

You are trash.

I said I left the GOP. You can't accept that. Check your b.s. at the door and start over.

Docthehun
08-08-2016, 06:58 PM

Say you're sorry and move on. :smiley:

hanger4
08-08-2016, 07:02 PM

The only dishonesty is on you, by trying to convince everyone you're some sort of clairvoyant, when in reality you're no more than 3rd grade label maker.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Say you're sorry and move on. :smiley:

I've been bad. I accused him of the ultimate sin.

Peter1469
08-08-2016, 07:21 PM
I've been bad. I accused him of the ultimate sin.

Incorrect. You lied.

Dr. Who
08-08-2016, 09:36 PM
You make it sound as if the employees, including the CEO, CFO, President and everyone down to the mail boy aren't going to be paying taxes on what they make at that corporation.

They are.

Every dime pulled out of that corporation in the form of wages or dividends is taxed. Some folks consider taxing the corporation, itself, to be double taxation.
I think that people also realize that the owners of corporations conspire to use corporate services for private needs, so part of the salary that does not appear on their tax returns is paid in corporate perks. Vacations masquerading as business trips, vehicles paid for by the corporation, even homes and yachts paid for by the corporation. Corporate jets used for private use. Family members on the payroll that don't actually work. The list goes on.

Bethere
08-08-2016, 09:43 PM
I think that people also realize that the owners of corporations conspire to use corporate services for private needs, so part of the salary that does not appear on their tax returns is paid in corporate perks. Vacations masquerading as business trips, vehicles paid for by the corporation, even homes and yachts paid for by the corporation. Corporate jets used for private use. Family members on the payroll that don't actually work. The list goes on.

Corporations want to be people, see citizens united, but they don't want to pay taxes like people do.

They want instead to be special entitled people.

zelmo1234
08-08-2016, 10:30 PM

The corporate tax ploy is a myth. The only number that really matters is the "effective tax" rate. GE doesn't now and won't in the future pay any corporate tax. Corporate tax is just another expense passed on to the next guy in the food chain.

Simple tax code? Not going to happen.

A job, or better job will strictly depend on you and your talents. Your life is only going to get better if you make it happen.

If you own you building in your name you need a better Attorney. Why would you put all that liability on yourself.

And for the record my day time job is a pretty good one. I own a building or Two myself. However, they are owned by the corporation. And Dividends depend on profit and losses. If you are not growing, you are shrinking.

zelmo1234
08-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Corporations want to be people, see citizens united, but they don't want to pay taxes like people do.

Well if you don't want them to be people? Don't tax them. If they are not paying taxes, they don't have any reason to voice their opinions in the elections do they.

Every Dime that I pay in Taxes takes away money that I could be expanding, hiring, and paying people more.

The government is the worst possible way to try and get anything done

Docthehun
08-09-2016, 12:48 AM
If you own you building in your name you need a better Attorney. Why would you put all that liability on yourself.

And for the record my day time job is a pretty good one. I own a building or Two myself. However, they are owned by the corporation. And Dividends depend on profit and losses. If you are not growing, you are shrinking.

When I lease a building, it's a triple-net lease, lessee pays rent, real estate taxes and insurance and I require them to name me as an additional insured under their policy. I use three attorneys, a generalist, one that specializes in real estate and the third for special items. I suppose because I'm an a-hole, I rarely get a bill for anything more than filing fees and office expense. The specialist is the head of the county Republican Party and probably the most expensive attorney around, but well worth it (Bethere is familiar with this gentleman). Personally, I've never filed an insurance claim of any sort (except medical) and so my yearly personal liability tab is peanuts.

As for the record, my day job essentially ended when I was forty-two although I worked in the CPA office during tax seasons, not for dough, but knowledge. My business peaked in 1996 and I only do about 60% of the volume, but 2016 is looking like my top revenue year. The last three years, business has picked up substantially. On a personal basis, my net worth continues to climb. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Back to the topic at hand.

http://www.mercurynews.com/politics-government/ci_30221149/donald-trumps-economic-policy-speech-how-accurate-are

Mac-7
08-09-2016, 01:23 AM
The GOP is dem lite.

I am a republican because I love my country.

Mac-7
08-09-2016, 01:29 AM

How much should we tax obama and michelle for all the perks they get in the white house?

they are top 1% in income but pay no tax on all on the free vacations they get maqurading as official business.

liberals hate the wealth producers but love the political class who are the most corrupt moochers of all.

FindersKeepers
08-09-2016, 04:19 AM
He IS an accountant.

Sure could'a fooled me.

A guy that doesn't deduct expenses against commercial rent income.

Fascinating.

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 04:23 AM

Corporations don't pay taxes. Their customers and employees do.

FindersKeepers
08-09-2016, 04:30 AM

All true.

But, that happens with all businesses, and individual filers, not just corporations. And, it's the tax structure, itself, that opens the door to that kind of fudging.

Common
08-09-2016, 04:32 AM

I agree, corporations want their cake and eat it too. They want to strip employees of benefits and pensions and they want to pay no taxs and have regulations so they can do whatever they choose.

Corporate Greed has done as much to hurt this countries working class as obamas failed policies.

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 04:33 AM
I agree, corporations want their cake and eat it too. They want to strip employees of benefits and pensions and they want to pay no taxs and have regulations so they can do whatever they choose.

Corporate Greed has done as much to hurt this countries working class as obamas failed policies.

Close them all.

:shocked:

Docthehun
08-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Sure could'a fooled me.

A guy that doesn't deduct expenses against commercial rent income.

Fascinating.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

MisterVeritis
08-09-2016, 08:27 AM
:-)

What is important is that Trump just won. It will take time but the 15% corporate tax rate, pushing the federal government's boot off the neck of energy producers, and rolling back the oppressive regulatory state are economic growth policies.

I heard someone complaining that the people who do not pay taxes won't get anything from this plan. That is Broke-Brained Crooked Hillary's core voting bloc, isn't it? Well, many of them will get something. They will get a job and begin paying the 10% tax rate. That may break the Democratic Party's back.

MisterVeritis
08-09-2016, 08:30 AM

The 47% will still exist. Poor people can't pay taxes. Poverty needs to be dealth with to make the tax-payin gmiddle class bigger.

Trump's plan isn't much different from the progressive system there is now.
In time it is possible even someone like you will understand the difference between a growth policy and policies to keep the poor poor. The best way to deal with poverty is a job.

Trump's presidency will set back the Democratic Party for decades. That is a very good thing.

MisterVeritis
08-09-2016, 08:34 AM
I am a republican because I love my country.
The Republican Party, unfortunately, lost its way. The Democratic Party became the Government Party. Establishment Republicans became the "us too" party.

Trump, with this economic policy plan, will remake the Republican party into an economic growth party.

MisterVeritis
08-09-2016, 08:36 AM

Nonsense.

The saddest part is that you don't realize it is nonsense.

Subdermal
08-09-2016, 08:40 AM

What you're seeing - I think - is corporations making the necessary moves, based upon increasingly anti-profit tax and regulatory policy of Obama, to preserve their ability to protect their bottom lines.

It is the only reasons corporations exist. Their profits are record high only because accounting puts their revenue in the 'profit' line if the money isn't spent on expansion and other investment - investment which has been put off due to the environmental uncertainty caused by stupid and reckless Obama business policy.

Just Obama's additional regulations ALONE have cost each American family over $4k/year. That is not an environment where corporations are going to act to make you happy.

You're blaming the wrong thing.

Cigar
08-09-2016, 08:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpX3zVeWYAAwAuc.jpg
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/762788189526433793
https://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/economy/news/2016/08/08/153274/donald-trumps-billionaires-first-tax-plan/

Common Sense
08-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Be's gonna rebuild "the titties"....

MisterVeritis
08-09-2016, 08:59 AM
https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/762788189526433793
https://www.americanprogressaction.org/issues/economy/news/2016/08/08/153274/donald-trumps-billionaires-first-tax-plan/
It is an economic growth policy. That is going to hurt the Democrats who punish success and pay failures for their votes.

What will happen to the poor democratic party when a third of their voters have jobs again? Trumps plan supports American citizens and indirectly attacks the liberal-Progressive plantation. Your world just got smaller, Cigar.

Dr. Who
08-09-2016, 05:20 PM
How much should we tax obama and michelle for all the perks they get in the white house?

they are top 1% in income but pay no tax on all on the free vacations they get maqurading as official business.

liberals hate the wealth producers but love the political class who are the most corrupt moochers of all.
If the President pays for his family's accommodations, I wouldn't quibble about the transportation - it's not like he can fly on a public airline. As to free vacations, the President (any US President) pays their own cost of accommodations when there is no government business involved - for example the Obama vacation in Hawaii. The government covers the cost of accommodating the S.S. and the cost of Air Force One. Furthermore,when the President is on vacation, he's still taking calls and responding to email - some vacation.

Another thing most folks don't know, the President and family have to pay for all their food, toothpaste etc because the Whitehouse runs like a 5-star hotel, so the President is billed for all of their personal meals at 5-star hotel prices. http://mentalfloss.com/article/20681/who-pays-obama-familys-food. No wonder Bush spent all his vacations at his ranch, it was cheaper than staying at the White House.