PDA

View Full Version : Senate blocks House disaster aid bill

wingrider
09-23-2011, 04:40 PM
In a tit-for-tat battle, the Senate used a near party-line vote of 59-36 to derail the measure passed earlier by the Republican-run House. That bill would fund federal agencies and provide $3.7 billion in disaster assistance, partly paying for that aid with cuts in two Energy Department loan programs that finance technological development.

With the support of 10 GOP senators, the Senate had voted last week to provide $6.9 billion in disaster aid and no cuts to help pay for it.
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-blocks-house-disaster-aid-bill-163747221.html
so democrats blocked funding for disaster relief ( FEMA) and it is the republicans fault? somehow that seems par for the course

Conley
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
"partly paying for that aid with cuts in two Energy Department loan programs that finance technological development."

Wonder if one of those programs is one of the ones that loaned to Solyndra...

wingrider
09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
it was one of the programs .. sorry about not posting the link to the article.. had a brain drain.. it is there now

Conley
09-23-2011, 05:06 PM
it was one of the programs .. sorry about not posting the link to the article.. had a brain drain.. it is there now

Thanks! I will check it out.

Mister D
09-23-2011, 08:30 PM
How foolish must the people who voted for BO feel? I don't mean the knee jerk Dems but the people who voted for "hope and change". He exemplifies everything that is wrong with the system!

Conley
09-23-2011, 08:35 PM
How foolish must the people who voted for BO feel? I don't mean the knee jerk Dems but the people who voted for "hope and change". He exemplifies everything that is wrong with the system!

I think independents voted for him because they thought no one would be worse than Bush.

They were wrong.

:-\

MMC
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Yes and here we are where they will now come together and pass a stop gap measure again and only fund the Government until Nov. Thus once again not solving the problem nor bringing any solution to that spending which is specifically applied to such.