PDA

View Full Version : McConnell is a little snake and is hated....

AZ Jim
08-08-2016, 11:54 PM
McConnell: "One of my proudest moments" was when I told Obama "you will not fill this Supreme Court" (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028080358) (IfYouOnlyNews) So far, Senate Republicans are on track to set the record for forcing the longest Supreme Court vacancy within the past 50 years. McConnell has promised to shut down any and all discussion of filling the vacancy, even after President Obama nominated Judge Merrick Garland, a very well qualified judge with years of deep bipartisan support. Back in March, McConnell’s penchant for obstruction earned him the title of most hated political figure in America according to Public Policy Polling. On Saturday, McConnell spoke at an event in Fancy Farm, Kentucky, where he declared: "One of my proudest moments" was when I told Obama "you will not fill this Supreme Court."

AZ Jim
08-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Think about it. The same little turd who told the President he was going to make sure he was a one term president, then having failed at that went right back in the "NO" mode for the second term and now brags that "his proudest moment" was when he obstructed the President in his duty to appoint a SCOTUS judge.
He has absolutely no respect for the voters who put President Obama in office. He is a hick from Kentucky and will no doubt be re-elected by his fellow hicks....SHAME on him and them.

waltky
08-09-2016, 03:37 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... the last thing we need...

... is another lib'ral judge...

... onna Supreme Court."

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 04:46 AM
If the Court shifts hard lib, the nation is done with.

Common
08-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Good on McConnel, I never liked the guy but I like that attitude.

Ravens Fan
08-09-2016, 04:51 AM
You mean he did what his constituents wanted him to do? How dare he?

Peter1469
08-09-2016, 04:53 AM
You mean he did what his constituents wanted him to do? How dare he?

Right. Separation of powers is no longer taught in public schools.

Ravens Fan
08-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Right. Separation of powers is no longer taught in public schools.

I bet it was back when Jim was in school though. Maybe he has forgotten the way our system is supposed to work?

debbietoo
08-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Think about it. The same little turd who told the President he was going to make sure he was a one term president, then having failed at that went right back in the "NO" mode for the second term and now brags that "his proudest moment" was when he obstructed the President in his duty to appoint a SCOTUS judge.
He has absolutely no respect for the voters who put President Obama in office. He is a hick from Kentucky and will no doubt be re-elected by his fellow hicks....SHAME on him and them.

Yeah, I can't stand the man. I saw an interview yesterday of him on Fox News. He said he was certain they would retain senate majority in the White House after the election! I sure hope not. They are blocking any kind of legislation democrats try to pass in an effort to help working class Americans.

Peter1469
08-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I can't stand the man. I saw an interview yesterday of him on Fox News. He said he was certain they would retain senate majority in the White House after the election! I sure hope not. They are blocking any kind of legislation democrats try to pass in an effort to help working class Americans.

Stuff the Congress wants to pass will hurt people.

Grid lock is best.

debbietoo
08-10-2016, 11:46 AM
All gridlock does is help the one percent and their stock market portfolios, as well as the corporate powers that be. It does nothing to help American economy, or the American people.

AZ Jim
08-10-2016, 12:00 PM
I bet it was back when Jim was in school though. Maybe he has forgotten the way our system is supposed to work?And you never knew how. Congress and the executive branch are to formulate our laws through negotiation. Congress is not elected to simple thwart all progress. This congress has a approval rating of 11%.

debbietoo
08-12-2016, 09:14 AM
I just recently found out about this gerrymandering that Republicans use to rig the elections in their favor. This is totally undemocratic and should be illegal. I just don't understand why it's not outlawed. I don't understand exactly how it works, but I understand enough to know it's unfair and tilts in their favor!:angry:

zelmo1234
08-12-2016, 09:29 AM
Debbie

First Gerrymandering was a good thing up until 2010 which was the first time that the GOP held enough state houses and Gov's Mansions to actually be the ones to draw the districts in the majority of the states. Democrats do the same things where they can.

AZ and Debbie First McConnell is a terrible leader of the Senate I will give you that, I don't like him either.

But as I have asked many, many times. What policies that the GOP members of Congress have blocked do you think would have made the biggest difference in the economy?

And last? If the GOP is for the top 1% and for the big banks?

Why is it that the top 1% have done so well and the poor and middle class have suffered under the 8 years of Obama

And why is it that Hillary is getting all of the Wall Street money?

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/09/hillary_clinton_is_wall_streets_preferred_candidat e_financial_execs_pouring_millions_into_her_campai gn_to_defeat_trum/

I have to ask, if the things that you don't like are happening under your President, and you can't point out any blocked legislation that would have made things different, and the people that you don't like are supporting your candidate?

Don't you see a problem with that?

decedent
08-12-2016, 11:00 AM
It's literally the job of the Senate to approve SCOTUS judges. McConnell is refusing to do his job.

Bo-4
08-12-2016, 11:12 AM
McConnell: "One of my proudest moments" was when I told Obama "you will not fill this Supreme Court" (http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028080358)

(IfYouOnlyNews) So far, Senate Republicans are on track to set the record for forcing the longest Supreme Court vacancy within the past 50 years. McConnell has promised to shut down any and all discussion of filling the vacancy, even after President Obama nominated Judge Merrick Garland, a very well qualified judge with years of deep bipartisan support. Back in March, McConnell’s penchant for obstruction earned him the title of most hated political figure in America according to Public Policy Polling. On Saturday, McConnell spoke at an event in Fancy Farm, Kentucky, where he declared: "One of my proudest moments" was when I told Obama "you will not fill this Supreme Court."

Time for McTurtle the a-hole to be retired to the lettuce patch

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TakayGFLO84/UfYiGJRRQ0I/AAAAAAAAQO4/XpKv4oF70Rc/s1600/mitch-mcconnell-cecil-turtle-totally-looks-like.jpg

hanger4
08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
It's literally the job of the Senate to approve SCOTUS judges. McConnell is refusing to do his job.

No it's not. It's the job of the Senate to "advise and consent". Their advise was no consent. It matters not whether the consent or no consent was given before, after or during the process.

See Article II, Section 2, paragraph 2 of the United States Constitution.

Ravens Fan
08-12-2016, 11:31 AM
And you never knew how. Congress and the executive branch are to formulate our laws through negotiation. Congress is not elected to simple thwart all progress. This congress has a approval rating of 11%.

Actually, I did very well in my government class back in high school, top of my class.

Congress makes the laws, not the Executive branch. The system was designed to be a slow process, and one in which both sides of whatever argument must compromise. Neither Republicans not Democrats seem willing to compromise anymore, but I rather like the gridlock myself. Less they can screw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

debbietoo
08-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Debbie

First Gerrymandering was a good thing up until 2010 which was the first time that the GOP held enough state houses and Gov's Mansions to actually be the ones to draw the districts in the majority of the states. Democrats do the same things where they can.

AZ and Debbie First McConnell is a terrible leader of the Senate I will give you that, I don't like him either.

But as I have asked many, many times. What policies that the GOP members of Congress have blocked do you think would have made the biggest difference in the economy?

And last? If the GOP is for the top 1% and for the big banks?

Why is it that the top 1% have done so well and the poor and middle class have suffered under the 8 years of Obama

And why is it that Hillary is getting all of the Wall Street money?

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/09/hillary_clinton_is_wall_streets_preferred_candidat e_financial_execs_pouring_millions_into_her_campai gn_to_defeat_trum/

I have to ask, if the things that you don't like are happening under your President, and you can't point out any blocked legislation that would have made things different, and the people that you don't like are supporting your candidate?

Don't you see a problem with that?

I posted this article before, but will post again. The bills that republicans blocked are outlined in this article. They also passed legislation that would benefit their own interests, and that was detrimental to working class Americans.

https://ourfuture.org/20140923/the-cost-to-our-economy-from-republican-obstruction-and-sabotage

Oboe
08-13-2016, 08:42 AM

Why do you hate working class Americans so much?