PDA

View Full Version : White House Poll on Abandoning Electoral College

Conley
09-24-2011, 09:36 AM
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/grant-voters-ability-vote-president-united-states-dissolving-electoral-college/GZQtFSPV

There are a whole bunch of petitions on there, including legalizing marijuana -- that one has a lot of votes too. Even if people sign the petitions though, what do they think will happen? Also why is it on the White House website and seemingly endorsed by Obama?

MMC
09-24-2011, 12:05 PM
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/grant-voters-ability-vote-president-united-states-dissolving-electoral-college/GZQtFSPV

There are a whole bunch of petitions on there, including legalizing marijuana -- that one has a lot of votes too. Even if people sign the petitions though, what do they think will happen? Also why is it on the White House website and seemingly endorsed by Obama?

Election time.....say yes to anything and everything. But don't promise anything..

Conley
09-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Well we have seen that he will promise and then go back on them...but in theory I agree.

Elibe
09-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Well we have seen that he will promise and then go back on them...but in theory I agree.

what promise has he broken?

MMC
09-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Closing Guantanamo.....pulling the troops out of Iraq.....oh and not giving into special interests in Washington and changing the way they do buisness. Thats just 3 for starters.

Mister D
09-24-2011, 01:35 PM

Closing Guantanamo.....pulling the troops out of Iraq.....oh and not giving into special interests in Washington and changing the way they do buisness. Thats just 3 for starters.

Yep.

Conley
09-24-2011, 04:22 PM

He was wishy washy about the first two but the third...yeah, definitely a broken promise.

Elibe
09-26-2011, 04:12 PM
i will admit i voted for him and he has been disappointing at times .. i dont think mccain would have done a better job tho

MMC
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
i will admit i voted for him and he has been disappointing at times .. i dont think mccain would have done a better job tho

I would have to agree with you there Elibe. Moreover they need to check McCain out for Alzheimers.

Conley
09-26-2011, 11:36 PM

I would have to agree with you there Elibe. Moreover they need to check McCain out for Alzheimers.

I'm not sure. Johnny Mac wasn't a good choice but would he have gotten us into Libya? Flip flopped on so much?

MMC
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM

I'm not sure. Johnny Mac wasn't a good choice but would he have gotten us into Libya? Flip flopped on so much?

McCain has become a joke.....a fair-weather politician that blows whichever way the wind is blowing. Which if people cared for the War Hero, they would be making sure he was alright. I mean one can see that at times he does not even remember something he has said a couple days of earlier.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:26 AM

McCain has become a joke.....a fair-weather politician that blows whichever way the wind is blowing. Which if people cared for the War Hero, they would be making sure he was alright. I mean one can see that at times he does not even remember something he has said a couple days of earlier.

Oh, are his mental skills going? That's too bad. I didn't realize. :-\

MMC
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Oh, are his mental skills going? That's too bad. I didn't realize. :-\

Some think so.....look how long they admited to anything with Reagan. He is what? 78yrs old. Was tortured, both body and mind. Damn near beaten to death. Shot down out of the sky. I would say his physical body and mind has suffered damage. Been playing politics for how long afterwards?

Time to retire in the good.....before it gets bad.

Conley
09-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Yeah he's been through a lot, no doubt.

You're right about Reagan. He was slipping in his first term. I hope we never have another situation like that. Scary stuff.