PDA

View Full Version : NPR Pop-Up Politics

KC
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I enjoyed these videos when they made them for the Republican Primaries, so this time around I thought I'd share them with others who might like them. Most people here probably won't need them, but the videos are filled with little tid bits of info while the candidates are giving their speeches.

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/02/161884952/pop-up-politics-2012-general-election-edition

Conley
10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I liked the one with Romney on the economy. The speech itself wasn't anything special but the pop ups are cool.

KC
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
I liked the one with Romney on the economy. The speech itself wasn't anything special but the pop ups are cool.

Part of the reason I like these is because for the most part I don't find anything compelling about the speeches of major party candidates. Throwing in a little bit of background info about Chinese public schooling or the actual size of the Greek debt makes things a bit more interesting.

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
NPR is turning into what might be the least biased news media out there.

MMC
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Got anything to substantiate that with your Sell Out? :wink:

KC
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM

On the Media, a program made by NPR, dedicated an entire episode to left wing bias at NPR. What they found was that while NPR has a liberal bias, with listeners being Democrats vs Republicans on a 2 to 1 ratio, NPR is trumped by almost all television media, with the most partisan being the O'Reilly factor which was reported to be viewed by Republicans vs Democrats 15 to 1.

I don't think it's possible to eliminate bias though, especially with most reporters being liberal, but NPR does a damn good job given that.

Conley
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Part of the reason I like these is because for the most part I don't find anything compelling about the speeches of major party candidates. Throwing in a little bit of background info about Chinese public schooling or the actual size of the Greek debt.

Right...Romney's five points on fixing the economy aren't really specific enough to mean anything.