PDA

View Full Version : The Clinton's live in Chappaqua NY

Professor Peabody
08-11-2016, 02:18 PM
http://pics.city-data.com/craces2/16773.jpg

Bill and Hillary Clinton live in Chappaqua NY Pop 1,436 (2010). The town is 75.5% White, 12.5% Asian, 7.8% Hispanic, 2.2% mixed race, 1.9% Black and 0.07% other. Hillary and Bill can live where ever they want, yet they choose to live in a town that's 1.9% Black (27). I am curious just how Hillary can identify with Black folks if she won't live in a very diverse community? Nationally Blacks make up 13.3% of the population where Hillary lives they make up 1.9%.

https://images.mic.com/dk8at2fwlwdcrryxanzcnlkzdsm7eh5uylfldyd8sjrznurzv7 geosev56omtxuw.jpg

It appears to me she doesn't want them where she lives either.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chappaqua-New-York.html

Common
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Ok first a disclaimer, I am done tapdancing around issues and being extremely cautious how I respond. I am from now on going to lay it out like I believe it.

Liberals want to use blacks to achieve their wants, they want their votes, they dont want to live in their neighborhoods and they dont. Ive said it time over on this forum. Lily White liberals live in lily white neighborhoods INSULATED and away and they have no first hand knowledge whatsoever. Its all about THEM and what they want politically.]

Not too long in the future when hispanics are 40% off the country and blacks are still 13% hispanics will be getting all the love and compassion from lily white liberals.

stjames1_53
08-11-2016, 02:29 PM
"I am all for taxing the rich and affluent"
whadlineofhoreshiotthatis

stjames1_53
08-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Ok first a disclaimer, I am done tapdancing around issues and being extremely cautious how I respond. I am from now on going to lay it out like I believe it.

Liberals want to use blacks to achieve their wants, they want their votes, they dont want to live in their neighborhoods and they dont. Ive said it time over on this forum. Lily White liberals live in lily white neighborhoods INSULATED and away and they have no first hand knowledge whatsoever. Its all about THEM and what they want politically.]

Not too long in the future when hispanics are 40% off the country and blacks are still 13% hispanics will be getting all the love and compassion from lily white liberals.

Obie used the blacks to get into office the first time, and cast them aside once he got into office. Today they are cannon fodder.
Obie used the illegal aliens to pander his way into office the second time...they're still waiting
along comes Polly who promises to keep Obama's policies in the forefront of her campaign..guess what's going to happen to her devote followers.............

Professor Peabody
08-11-2016, 02:34 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/mmYy42RNrgA0w/200_s.gif

What part of the original post do you dispute?

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 02:35 PM

It's relevance.

Professor Peabody
08-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Obie used the blacks to get into office the first time, and cast them aside once he got into office. Today they are cannon fodder.
Obie used the illegal aliens to pander his way into office the second time...they're still waiting
along comes Polly who promises to keep Obama's policies in the forefront of her campaign..guess what's going to happen to her devote followers.............

Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year

"I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I'm promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible."

Sources: Jorge Ramos interview with then-candidate Barack Obama, May 28, 2008, played on ABC's This Week on July 4, 2010. (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/525/introduce-comprehensive-immigration-bill-first-yea/)

The Democrats controlled congress in 2009 and 2010, yet no bills were introduced until December 2010 AFTER the Democrats lost the House.

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2016, 02:46 PM
It's relevance.

You don't think that is a relevant point? But then again I guess when you live in a country that is less than one percent of African descent you might think a 1.9% share is huge.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 02:49 PM
You don't think that is a relevant point? But then again I guess when you live in a country that is less than one percent of African descent you might think a 1.9% share is huge.

It's closer to 3% when you include Caribbean. City numbers are far higher.

Peter1469
08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
They don't live together. Hillary takes the DC property.

kcvet
08-11-2016, 02:57 PM
with her there bet property values are an all time low

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2016, 03:00 PM
It's closer to 3% when you include Caribbean. City numbers are far higher.

Spin it anyway you want its still only a .99 percent African population.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Spin it anyway you want its still only a .99 percent African population.

I'm not spinning anything.

gamewell45
08-11-2016, 04:15 PM

Bill and Hillary Clinton live in Chappaqua NY Pop 1,436 (2010). The town is 75.5% White, 12.5% Asian, 7.8% Hispanic, 2.2% mixed race, 1.9% Black and 0.07% other. Hillary and Bill can live where ever they want, yet they choose to live in a town that's 1.9% Black (27). I am curious just how Hillary can identify with Black folks if she won't live in a very diverse community? Nationally Blacks make up 13.3% of the population where Hillary lives they make up 1.9%.

https://images.mic.com/dk8at2fwlwdcrryxanzcnlkzdsm7eh5uylfldyd8sjrznurzv7 geosev56omtxuw.jpg

They have good schools; the fire house is less then a quarter mile from her house, the taxes are reasonable compared to other parts of the county, there is a shopping center within a quarter mile from her house, some very fine restaurants within vicinity, very bucolic setting; houses aren't right on top of one another, the closest hospital is less then 3 miles away, they have an excellent regional transportation system in area, their own police department, all-volunteer fire dept, a half hour from the nearest mall, etc. It's a very desirable place to live. The only thing missing are the mountains. Otherwise I"d live there as well.

stjames1_53
08-11-2016, 05:08 PM
They have good schools; the fire house is less then a quarter mile from her house, the taxes are reasonable compared to other parts of the county, there is a shopping center within a quarter mile from her house, some very fine restaurants within vicinity, very bucolic setting; houses aren't right on top of one another, the closest hospital is less then 3 miles away, they have an excellent regional transportation system in area, their own police department, all-volunteer fire dept, a half hour from the nearest mall, etc. It's a very desirable place to live. The only thing missing are the mountains. Otherwise I"d live there as well.

so even you admit there's a tad bit of racist in you ;)

AZ Jim
08-11-2016, 05:14 PM
so even you admit there's a tad bit of racist in you ;)That denotes racist to you? THAT is amazing.

gamewell45
08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
so even you admit there's a tad bit of racist in you ;)

Jimmy what brings you over here? Things getting boring over in Trinn's forum again? Now Jimmy, if describing an area where someone lives makes you think that it's racist on the part of someone describing it, I think you need professional help. Fast Brother!

kcvet
08-11-2016, 05:52 PM
so this is where all the dead body's are buried

stjames1_53
08-11-2016, 06:05 PM
That denotes racist to you? THAT is amazing.

gamey doesn't like living around people he doesn't approve of. Minorities have to adhere to his standards, not theirs

stjames1_53
08-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Jimmy what brings you over here? Things getting boring over in Trinn's forum again? Now Jimmy, if describing an area where someone lives makes you think that it's racist on the part of someone describing it, I think you need professional help. Fast Brother!

you can keep that bitch and her cops too...............after all, I don't have sucking up and kissing ass down to a fine art

sachem
08-11-2016, 06:10 PM
When did you tap dance?

Chloe
08-11-2016, 06:59 PM
It took some research but the neighborhood that I grew up in and currently still live in has a population between 6,500 and 7,000 and the % of African Americans is 2%. Portland as a whole shows an African American population of 6% from what i've read. I don't know a lot about that area of New York or Chappaqua but I couldn't imagine a small town of a little over 1,000 people to be extremely diverse.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:06 PM
My city has a black population that makes up about 8.5%.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:08 PM

What's the total population?

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:09 PM
It took some research but the neighborhood that I grew up in and currently still live in has a population between 6,500 and 7,000 and the % of African Americans is 2%. Portland as a whole shows an African American population of 6% from what i've read. I don't know a lot about that area of New York or Chappaqua but I couldn't imagine a small town of a little over 1,000 people to be extremely diverse.

It took research to uncover the fact that Portland is predominantly white? :smiley:

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM

If it was 50% you wouldn't live there. :wink:

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
It took research to uncover the fact that Portland is predominantly white? :smiley:

Well no, I just didn't know the exact percentages. We also have a pretty large Asian population too.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:14 PM
What's the total population?

Tread carefully. For some reason, Torontonians, if you will, take diversity very seriously. They consider it something to be proud of. It's bizarre.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Tread carefully. For some reason, Torontonians, if you will, take diversity very seriously. They consider it something to be proud of. It's bizarre.

Ive always wanted to go to Toronto actually, and Montreal too.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Well no, I just didn't know the exact percentages. We also have a pretty large Asian population too.

Sure...sure...

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:17 PM

Make sure you compliment them on on all the colored faces you see. They'll love that.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Sure...sure...

I know I'm very white girl in a very white part of a very white city.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:30 PM

Most white girls are. Including Hillary. :wink:

Chloe, I don;t say that to disparage you or your POV. I say it to poke fun at this progressive obsession with a diversity that, in reality, very few people want.

kcvet
08-11-2016, 07:31 PM
don't live in the city anymore. I stay as far away from it as i can get

gamewell45
08-11-2016, 07:36 PM
you can keep that $#@! and her cops too...............after all, I don't have sucking up and kissing ass down to a fine art

Come on Jimmy; sorry you're having a bad day, so that's why you're pulling the racist card! Just relax and stick to the subject at hand and all will be fine. Now, please tell me why do you feel that someone who describes a part of the country where someone lives to be racist.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Most white girls are. Including Hillary. :wink:

Chloe, I don;t say that to disparage you or your POV. I say it to poke fun at this progressive obsession with a diversity that, in reality, very few people want.

I do think diversity can and typically does help a community or neighborhood, especially when it comes to the blending cultures and things like that. I don't think you can force aspects of diversity sometimes since you do have to give it some time to become part of the community and marinate for lack of a better word, but I do think it can be a really good thing, especially when everyone cares and has shared goals.

Common
08-11-2016, 07:48 PM

So do most white democrats

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:48 PM

We are proud of it. It's a great city to live in partially because of the diversity.

The food alone is a great aspect.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:50 PM

There are a lot of Tourists here. I'm not sure there is a ton to do beyond the shopping and touristy things. It's a better place to live than visit.

Montreal is a fun town. I haven't been in a few years.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:50 PM
We are proud of it. It's a great city to live in partially because of the diversity.

x2, the varieties of food is an awesome result of cultural diversity

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:54 PM

I can literally get food from any corner of the world here. About as authentic as it gets.

Beyond the food there are areas of the city that represent different cultures beyond just a China town. Not to mention the festivals etc...

The result is that most of my friends come from a variety of backgrounds. That different perspective has helped me learn we are more similar than different.

D will thing it's feel good hogwash...but I don't really care.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 07:55 PM
There are a lot of Tourists here. I'm not sure there is a ton to do beyond the shopping and touristy things. It's a better place to live than visit.

Montreal is a fun town. I haven't been in a few years.

I really want to go up to northern ontario and back country hike/camp in the boreal forests up there.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:56 PM
I really want to go up to northern ontario and back country hike/camp in the boreal forests up there.

It's an enormous area. Don't go in spring. The black flies will literally eat you alive.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Invariably, cuisine alone is the only thing diversity cultists can think of when it comes time to explain their devotion.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Invariably, cuisine alone is the only thing diversity cultists can think of when it comes time to explain their devotion.

I can literally get food from any corner of the world here. About as authentic as it gets.

Beyond the food there are areas of the city that represent different cultures beyond just a China town. Not to mention the festivals etc...

The result is that most of my friends come from a variety of backgrounds. That different perspective has helped me learn we are more similar than different.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:58 PM

Hogwash? It's so empty I'm not sure it qualifies. Oh, to be so white...:smiley:

Mister D
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM

Responds to my observation by quoting himself talking about food for the second time. lol

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:00 PM

And it's the only one you can mention. Now that's great for wealthy white girls but...

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Hogwash? It's so empty I'm not sure it qualifies. Oh, to be so white...:smiley:

LOL...I have a pretty good idea about how you feel about diversity and the "non whites". I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm not saying there aren't positives to a racially homogenous country or community. I'm just saying that there are also positives to diversity. If you don't want to live in a diverse community, then don't.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Responds to my observation by quoting himself talking about food for the second time. lol

I mentioned more than food.

So tell me, what are the downsides to Toronto's diversity?

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:08 PM
LOL...I have a pretty good idea about how you feel about diversity and the "non whites". I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm not saying there aren't positives to a racially homogenous country or community. I'm just saying that there are also positives to diversity. If you don't want to live in a diverse community, then don't.

No, you don't. You're just programmed to react a certain way. No worries. You're not alone in your frustration. Elaborating on all the benefits diversity actually brings to a society is tough! So, yeah, well off white people can find great cuisine...

And you can easily expound on those "positives". Oh wait...

Common Sense, people like you pursue and honor "diversity" with an almost religious zeal. Sorry, I am sort of trolling but I do find it hilarious that you wind up resembling an uneducated Christian trying to explain the Trinity. :laugh:

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:12 PM
I mentioned more than food.

So tell me, what are the downsides to Toronto's diversity?

No, you didn't. You made some vague comment about '"different perspectives". That comment had to be vague because you have no idea what you actually mean by that. Sleep on it. or maybe the Canadian government has a website dedicated to this?

I don't live In Toronto but since Canada has a reasonably sane immigration policy (i.e. select immigrants for skills you need) I'd imagine you're spared the poverty and crime we've gotten so well to do whites can find authentic cuisine.

Chloe
08-11-2016, 08:16 PM
No, you don't. You're just programmed to react a certain way. No worries. You're not alone in your frustration. Elaborating on all the benefits diversity actually brings to a society is tough! So, yeah, well off white people can find great cuisine...

And you can easily expound on those "positives". Oh wait...

Common Sense, people like you pursue and honor "diversity" with an almost religious zeal. Sorry, I am sort of trolling but I do find it hilarious that you wind up resembling an uneducated Christian trying to explain the Trinity. :laugh:

uh duh, everybody knows, including this non-religious nature worshipping Jew, that the Trinity is a combination of celery, bell peppers, and onion. You don't have to be a Christian to know that.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 08:21 PM
No, you didn't. You made some vague comment about '"different perspectives". That comment had to be vague because you have no idea what you actually mean by that. Sleep on it. or maybe the Canadian government has a website dedicated to this?

I don't live In Toronto but since Canada has a reasonably sane immigration policy (i.e. select immigrants for skills you need) I'd imagine you're spared the poverty and crime we've gotten so well to do whites can find authentic cuisine.

You don't have to be rich to go out for good Jamaican, Vietnamese or Ethiopian.

Like I said, I know how you feel and it's not for you. That's cool.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:23 PM
uh duh, everybody knows, including this non-religious nature worshipping Jew, that the Trinity is a combination of celery, bell peppers, and onion. You don't have to be a Christian to know that.

Well played, Chloe. Well played. I was told you people are very clever...

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 08:23 PM

You read that in the Occidental Observer. ;)

Chloe
08-11-2016, 08:24 PM

nature worshipers?

:wink:

we love money too

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:25 PM
You don't have to be rich to go out for good Jamaican, Vietnamese or Ethiopian.

Like I said, I know how you feel and it's not for you. That's cool.

You do need to pretty well off to be so utterly disconnected from reality that something so trivial is your #1 argument for diversity. :laugh:

You don't know how I feel, Sense. You're just programmed to think that anyone who doesn't see all the amazing benefits of diversity has a character flaw.

Mister D
08-11-2016, 08:27 PM
You read that in the Occidental Observer. ;)

It was in Mankind Quarterly. :cool2:

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 08:35 PM
You do need to pretty well off to be so utterly disconnected from reality that something so trivial is your #1 argument for diversity. :laugh:

You don't know how I feel, Sense. You're just programmed to think that anyone who doesn't see all the amazing benefits of diversity has a character flaw.

I didn't say it was my number one argument for diversity, but it is the one that is the most often enjoyed.

I think I have a pretty good understanding of your thoughts on the matter.

Diversity in my opinion has many positives. It breeds enterprise, innovation, different and valued perspectives. There are cultural benefits, yes including food, music arts, architecture etc.. As I mentioned there is also the benefit of differing perspectives which in my opinion allow one to see the world from a variety of perspectives. In a sense it's an education.

I feel that it makes for a richer city.

But as I think I have a grasp on what you think on the subject, I'm not going to elaborate for you. What's the point? You'll just continue with snide comments about me being programmed and I wont change your mind and you wont change mine. So that's that I guess. Enjoy your homogeneity. Cheers.

Professor Peabody
08-12-2016, 04:05 AM

What does any of that have to do with living in a diverse community?

Professor Peabody
08-12-2016, 04:08 AM

I posted a link to city data in the OP if you're interested. 27 Blacks out of a community of 1400+.

Professor Peabody
08-12-2016, 04:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALXulk0T8cg

Bring them to "heel"?

zelmo1234
08-12-2016, 05:22 AM
It's relevance.

Of course because if it were a Republican, then, and only then could it be Racist.

It has been posted on this forum the Racist statements of her and her Husband, and yet, they are never called on it because Democrats are the self proclaimed keepers of the Race Card.

I have asked many times what the Democrats have done for Minorities. I get all of the Social programs that they have created for them. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could be more racist and dividing than those Social Programs.

Unless you are a White Democrat, then they are working exactly like they were planed to work? They keep the Minorities out of their neighborhoods, and on the new plantations they have created for them in the inner cities.

Where Democrats control their Education, Job Opportunities, Healthcare, and the very food and shelter they receive.

And they do NOTHING to improve those conditions

zelmo1234
08-12-2016, 05:25 AM

Of course all those things are there? That is why they are trying to keep it all white, Democrats can't have the undesirables ruining their paradise can they?

And of course you would, you are a Democrat!

gamewell45
08-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Of course all those things are there? That is why they are trying to keep it all white, Democrats can't have the undesirables ruining their paradise can they?

And of course you would, you are a Democrat!

Anyone can move there; no matter what your race or ethnic background, if you have the money to buy a house, then go for it. Btw Zel, I've been a proud independent my entire voting life. I'll never join any political party. That way I can vote anyway i want to.

nathanbforrest45
08-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Diversity leads to the breakdown of the community. Every culture that has "diversified" has ultimately collapsed. When you force people who have nothing in common to live together you will always have a weakening of both cultures. This serves no one.

I also love those who believe in "diversity" always seem to live in very homogeneous settings.

zelmo1234
08-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Anyone can move there; no matter what your race or ethnic background, if you have the money to buy a house, then go for it. Btw Zel, I've been a proud independent my entire voting life. I'll never join any political party. That way I can vote anyway i want to.

Sounds like a good place to get a DWB Driving while Black Ticket to me? You are trying to run cover for a family that has some pretty terrible statements in their past.

If they were in the GOP they would have been forced to resign.

zelmo1234
08-12-2016, 09:01 AM

Sorry. You seem to be leaning left this election So forgive me for the comment.

Chloe
08-12-2016, 09:41 AM
I posted a link to city data in the OP if you're interested. 27 Blacks out of a community of 1400+.

Just out of curiosity what is an acceptable ratio?

gamewell45
08-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Sounds like a good place to get a DWB Driving while Black Ticket to me? You are trying to run cover for a family that has some pretty terrible statements in their past.

If they were in the GOP they would have been forced to resign.

What is a "DWB"??

gamewell45
08-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Sorry. You seem to be leaning left this election So forgive me for the comment.

There is always room for forgiveness. That's one thing we independents are well known for. :)

Professor Peabody
08-13-2016, 04:02 AM
Just out of curiosity what is an acceptable ratio?

It should mirror image the national data. If it doesn't build low income housing till it does.

gamewell45
08-13-2016, 09:01 AM
It should mirror image the national data. If it doesn't build low income housing till it does.
So, you would expect a rural farming town of 300+ to build low income housing?

Cigar
08-13-2016, 09:06 AM

... and what does this have to do with anything?

Where does The Donald Live?

zelmo1234
08-13-2016, 09:29 AM

NYC There are Black people there in case you were wondering

Professor Peabody
08-13-2016, 12:44 PM
So, you would expect a rural farming town of 300+ to build low income housing?

40 living units wouldn't be too much (13.3%).

Professor Peabody
08-13-2016, 12:48 PM

Clinton claims to be the champion of the poor, common man and minorities, yet she won't live among them. It's apparently about "not wanting those people in the neighborhood" she lives in I guess. She could live anywhere she wants.

Chloe
08-14-2016, 09:11 AM

40 living units wouldn't be too much (13.3%).

You have to know that that's not practical though right? If every neighborhood in America reflected the overall racial makeup there wouldn't be enough minorities in each group to create that balance, and how would you even accomplish that in the first place? If you move a percentage of people from one community to another to create racial balance in a community that wasn't reflective of the demographics of the country as a whole you will still ultimately fail in achieving it since the community you are taking from wouldn't reflect the national demographics either. What if there is a community, town, or city that is heavily leaning in one direction of a racial population that is not white? What about if it's a predominantly black, hispanic, asian, native american, etc, community that is thriving in comparison to a nearby white community that is filled with low income trailer homes? Do you build housing for those white people to create a racial breakdown that is more selective of the national demographics, and if so, to what end? Jobs aren't moved with them, neither are extra desks in local schools to handle the new influx. Do you remove people from an area as you move other people in? If so, how do you do that without force?

Diversity is awesome, and the vast majority of people of all races all want the same things in life and are good people, but you also can't force people to accept diversity. It has to come naturally and it has to be done in a way that respect goes along with the acceptance. I'm all for diversity spreading through communities but there's an extent of it that must come natural or else it's going to fail and create resentment in my opinion.

stjames1_53
08-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Clinton claims to be the champion of the poor, common man and minorities, yet she won't live among them. It's apparently about "not wanting those people in the neighborhood" she lives in I guess. She could live anywhere she wants.

I lived on the south side of Fort Wayne for 20 years. I have worked in NO for 5 years.
Low income housing attracts a great number of undesirables. I have seen what they do to those neighborhoods.
Funny how the inexperienced think that a low income project automatically become the Jewel and the animals will just go someplace else.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2016, 02:56 PM

Sounds wealthy elitist to me. How can she relate to the common middle class people that way. Reporters should ask her what a gallon of milk or gasoline costs.....she'd have a seizure right there.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2016, 02:58 PM
You have to know that that's not practical though right? If every neighborhood in America reflected the overall racial makeup there wouldn't be enough minorities in each group to create that balance, and how would you even accomplish that in the first place? If you move a percentage of people from one community to another to create racial balance in a community that wasn't reflective of the demographics of the country as a whole you will still ultimately fail in achieving it since the community you are taking from wouldn't reflect the national demographics either. What if there is a community, town, or city that is heavily leaning in one direction of a racial population that is not white? What about if it's a predominantly black, hispanic, asian, native american, etc, community that is thriving in comparison to a nearby white community that is filled with low income trailer homes? Do you build housing for those white people to create a racial breakdown that is more selective of the national demographics, and if so, to what end? Jobs aren't moved with them, neither are extra desks in local schools to handle the new influx. Do you remove people from an area as you move other people in? If so, how do you do that without force?

Diversity is awesome, and the vast majority of people of all races all want the same things in life and are good people, but you also can't force people to accept diversity. It has to come naturally and it has to be done in a way that respect goes along with the acceptance. I'm all for diversity spreading through communities but there's an extent of it that must come natural or else it's going to fail and create resentment in my opinion.

She could have moved to a neighborhood that is already diversified.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2016, 03:00 PM
I lived on the south side of Fort Wayne for 20 years. I have worked in NO for 5 years.
Low income housing attracts a great number of undesirables. I have seen what they do to those neighborhoods.
Funny how the inexperienced think that a low income project automatically become the Jewel and the animals will just go someplace else.

She could move to a already diverse neighborhood.

Chloe
08-14-2016, 06:00 PM
She could have moved to a neighborhood that is already diversified.

Would she be doing that for political reasons/optics? I don't know of anybody that would actively and sincerely research and seek out a community to live in that reflects the demographics of the country as a whole.

stjames1_53
08-14-2016, 07:26 PM
Would she be doing that for political reasons/optics? I don't know of anybody that would actively and sincerely research and seek out a community to live in that reflects the demographics of the country as a whole.

Question................why do we even have to be diversified?

Professor Peabody
08-15-2016, 11:24 AM

So her "inclusiveness" is just bull shit?

birddog
08-15-2016, 01:12 PM

It's a liberal thing. Another excuse for them to be offended or victimized.

Chloe
08-15-2016, 02:29 PM
So her "inclusiveness" is just bull shit?

Possibly. I'm not here to defend her. I'm just speaking from a realistic and logical point of view about the topic.

Chloe
08-15-2016, 02:30 PM

You don't have to be, but being a part of a diverse culture does help you understand where other people may be coming from and could give a better appreciation and respect for them. Basically it helps bridge the gap between ignorance and understanding when it comes to people that may be different from you.

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:39 PM
You don't have to be, but being a part of a diverse culture does help you understand where other people may be coming from and could give a better appreciation and respect for them. Basically it helps bridge the gap between ignorance and understanding when it comes to people that may be different from you.

There are some aspects of culture that don't deserve my appreciation or my respect.

Chloe
08-15-2016, 02:40 PM
There are some aspects of culture that don't deserve my appreciation or my respect.

Ok

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:42 PM

A forty-three-year-old man posting memes on the internet. Just sad.

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM

If you're asking "Common Sense" to discuss the thread topic, then you've got another thing coming.

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Ok

Do you disagree?

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:46 PM
It's relevance.

Well, as long as "Common Sense" thinks it's irrelevant, then it must be true.

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Make sure you compliment them on on all the colored faces you see. They'll love that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

Chloe
08-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Do you disagree?

no I was just saying ok. I never said that someone's culture should be forced on you or that you must like all aspects of someone else's culture. I just said that diversity helps bridge gaps between ignorance and understanding. It would be like me trying to explain what it's like to be Asian and living in Portland but never spending any time with someone of Asian descent or in an Asian community exploring their culture and what makes them who they are. I would be speaking from ignorance if I never made an attempt to understand and/or appreciate that culture. I may not want to live exactly like they do in some respects but at least I understand why they do.

Ethereal
08-15-2016, 03:02 PM
I never said that someone's culture should be forced on you or that you must like all aspects of someone else's culture. I just said that diversity helps bridge gaps between ignorance and understanding. It would be like me trying to explain what it's like to be Asian and living in Portland but never spending any time with someone of Asian descent or in an Asian community exploring their culture and what makes them who they are. I would be speaking from ignorance if I never made an attempt to understand and/or appreciate that culture. I may not want to live exactly like they do in some respects but at least I understand why they do.

I have lots of Asian people in my family, so that helps... :grin:

Anyway, the nature of the US political system is that I have no choice in the matter. Whichever cultural entity controls the government controls our society and by extension my ability to preserve my culture. And when I say "culture", I don't mean "race" or "ethnicity". I mean my ideology, my customs, and my spirituality, to name a few. Granted, cuisine, music, and art are also part of that, but, as Mister D noted, they aren't the most important consideration. If I eat fried chicken and my neighbor eats spaghetti, there is no reason for conflict. But if I believe in rugged individualism and my neighbor believes in authoritarian collectivism, how can we coexist?

Mister D
08-15-2016, 03:03 PM
no I was just saying ok. I never said that someone's culture should be forced on you or that you must like all aspects of someone else's culture. I just said that diversity helps bridge gaps between ignorance and understanding. It would be like me trying to explain what it's like to be Asian and living in Portland but never spending any time with someone of Asian descent or in an Asian community exploring their culture and what makes them who they are. I would be speaking from ignorance if I never made an attempt to understand and/or appreciate that culture. I may not want to live exactly like they do in some respects but at least I understand why they do.

Rest easy. There is actually very little diversity in the US. We're all encouraged to think the same way, buy the same products, watch the same crap on TV etc.

Mister D
08-15-2016, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

I listen to that when it's on the radio around Christmas time. I have a soft spot for all things 1980s.

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 03:21 PM

what a dodge...............and a line of horse poo (lib speak) They come here to be Americans, supposedly. Let them come to me. I don't have to bridge a damned thing.
Back in the 80's they tried something like that. They called it neighborhood busting. Used the same excuse. The experiment failed.
And why should I give a damn about some gangsta's lifestyle? Why should I understand that?
And illegal aliens that end up in Indiana, protected by a sanctuary clause.....screw that.
Multi-cultural diversity is a sham ....and don't waste your breath and bandwidth trying to shame me....I am totally unabashedly unashamed
You are discussing in a roundabout way one of the platforms of Communism...everyone is equal when there is no such thing as equality. Never has, never will

FindersKeepers
08-15-2016, 03:21 PM

We tend to abhor cultures are that are behind us on the evolutionary scale. After the West struggled to overcome the idea that women were second-class citizens, we found we could not easily integrate with cultures who still accepted that idea as fact. It's a matter of "that was then -- this is now."

We don't like seeing women treated as subordinates. We don't like it when we see it here in our own nation in the form of the FLDS Mormon sects, and we don't like it when we see orthodox Muslim women covered from head to toe, peering out from a small eye slit. We might not infiltrate, en masse, Muslim communities, arresting all the males and taking the women away for their own protection, as we did the FLDS in Texas, but we certainly don't like it.

Ethically, it's wrong to accept antiquated ideas we've evolved beyond, just because we think it makes us appear more "understanding" or "diverse" or "accepting of other cultures." If we would not accept those ideas in our own lives, we should not pretend it's okay for others to accept them.

That's not understanding. That's running interference for the male perpetrators of those unacceptable ideas.

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 03:24 PM
We tend to abhor cultures are that are behind us on the evolutionary scale. After the West struggled to overcome the idea that women were second-class citizens, we found we could not easily integrate with cultures who still accepted that idea as fact. It's a matter of "that was then -- this is now."

We don't like seeing women treated as subordinates. We don't like it when we see it here in our own nation in the form of the FLDS Mormon sects, and we don't like it when we see orthodox Muslim women covered from head to toe, peering out from a small eye slit. We might not infiltrate, en masse, Muslim communities, arresting all the males and taking the women away for their own protection, as we did the FLDS in Texas, but we certainly don't like it.

Ethically, it's wrong to accept antiquated ideas we've evolved beyond, just because we think it makes us appear more "understanding" or "diverse" or "accepting of other cultures." If we would not accept those ideas in our own lives, we should not pretend it's okay for others to accept them.

That's not understanding. That's running interference for the male perpetrators of those unacceptable ideas.

Man has not changed one damned bit in the past 40,000 years or so. There will always exist a rift between all of us. It is our nature. It was then, it is now

Chloe
08-15-2016, 05:14 PM
what a dodge...............and a line of horse poo (lib speak) They come here to be Americans, supposedly. Let them come to me. I don't have to bridge a damned thing.
Back in the 80's they tried something like that. They called it neighborhood busting. Used the same excuse. The experiment failed.
And why should I give a damn about some gangsta's lifestyle? Why should I understand that?
And illegal aliens that end up in Indiana, protected by a sanctuary clause.....screw that.
Multi-cultural diversity is a sham ....and don't waste your breath and bandwidth trying to shame me....I am totally unabashedly unashamed
You are discussing in a roundabout way one of the platforms of Communism...everyone is equal when there is no such thing as equality. Never has, never will

You ask me an open ended one sentence question about diversity, I answer, and then you say I'm dodging. Dodging what? You asked a vague open ended question.

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 06:32 PM
You ask me an open ended one sentence question about diversity, I answer, and then you say I'm dodging. Dodging what? You asked a vague open ended question.

you should have come up with your own answer instead of fetching it from Liberal Today.
It's ok of you don't have your own answer.
But your reply is one of the many planks of Communism.

Chloe
08-15-2016, 06:39 PM
you should have come up with your own answer instead of fetching it from Liberal Today.
It's ok of you don't have your own answer.
But your reply is one of the many planks of Communism.

huh? You know what, you're an idiot.

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 07:01 PM
huh? You know what, you're an idiot.

nope....treacherous.
This fits right in with your want to have a 25 year old president.
Equality can never be. That is a fact. People will hate people just because. Some people just want to be left alone. And people like you are backing them into a corner with all your socialism. Do you not believe they will strike back?
your liberals breed the very hate you claim to be fighting.
Stop being an apologist and take a real walk in the real world.

Mister D
08-15-2016, 07:10 PM
James, I agree with you that equality is patent nonsense but communism is long dead. This obsession with equality, one manifestation of which we call communism, is rooted in liberal philosophy and by "liberal" I mean intellectuals, such as Locke and Jefferson.

Chloe
08-15-2016, 07:15 PM
nope....treacherous.
This fits right in with your want to have a 25 year old president.
Equality can never be. That is a fact. People will hate people just because. Some people just want to be left alone. And people like you are backing them into a corner with all your socialism. Do you not believe they will strike back?
your liberals breed the very hate you claim to be fighting.
Stop being an apologist and take a real walk in the real world.

You're assuming way too much based on my comments. You're an idiot though because you somehow think that wanting to understand other cultures makes someone a communist.

FindersKeepers
08-16-2016, 05:02 AM
Man has not changed one damned bit in the past 40,000 years or so. There will always exist a rift between all of us. It is our nature. It was then, it is now

That's an extremely short-sighted view.

We humans are products of our environment and society. Physically, we have not changed. Emotionally and intellectually, we most certainly have. We will always "protect our own," because, in doing so, we protect ourselves, but, as the millenia pass, we will eventually see the lines blur, and then completely fade between races and religions. Religion cannot withstand increased scientific knowledge, and when religion is gone, the races will blend. It won't happen overnight -- but it will eventually happen.

Mister D
08-16-2016, 08:08 AM
That's an extremely short-sighted view.

We humans are products of our environment and society. Physically, we have not changed. Emotionally and intellectually, we most certainly have. We will always "protect our own," because, in doing so, we protect ourselves, but, as the millenia pass, we will eventually see the lines blur, and then completely fade between races and religions. Religion cannot withstand increased scientific knowledge, and when religion is gone, the races will blend. It won't happen overnight -- but it will eventually happen.

I'm sorry but...what? It's evident that you've experienced some kind of emotional trauma that for whatever reason you associate with religion but it leads you to make some truly bizarre assertions. Work on that.

FindersKeepers
08-16-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm sorry but...what? It's evident that you've experienced some kind of emotional trauma that for whatever reason you associate with religion but it leads you to make some truly bizarre assertions. Work on that.

Excuse me?

I've not suffered any emotional trauma. I was responding to a post that humans cannot change. I was explaining not only how we change, but why.

I'm sorry if you think I should have left religion out of it -- but that's the crux of many societal changes.

Mister D
08-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Excuse me?

I've not suffered any emotional trauma. I was responding to a post that humans cannot change. I was explaining not only how we change, but why.

I'm sorry if you think I should have left religion out of it -- but that's the crux of many societal changes.

You're excused. I just found your commentary bizarre especially the "when religion is gone (good luck) the races will blend". What?

Professor Peabody
08-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

We had a sane immigration policy 99 years ago and it made this country into what it was till around 20 years ago.

stjames1_53
08-18-2016, 06:56 AM
Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

We had a sane immigration policy 99 years ago and it made this country into what it was till around 20 years ago.

The liberals insist that America needs to change.
This attitude is one of the many planks of communism.
Equality doesn't exist. It is the impossible dream of all socialists

Professor Peabody
08-19-2016, 02:34 PM
The liberals insist that America needs to change.
This attitude is one of the many planks of communism.
Equality doesn't exist. It is the impossible dream of all socialists

Everyone will be equally poor while the little wanna be intellectual enjoys a comfortable existence in Washington. Does Kim Jong Un look like he's eating rice and fish heads every day?

stjames1_53
08-20-2016, 05:59 PM
"Everyone is equal. Some are more equal than others....."

stjames1_53
08-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Excuse me?

Man has not changed one bit in the past 40,000 years. There are still those who would rule over others.
There are some that are nothing more than basic animals who want to watch everything burn.
We still have the peace makers, we still have the "Want to be left alone"
Then you still have the collectivists and organizers.
You still have the murders and rapist.
You still have those who worship whatever gods they choose.
Advanced? The only thing that is advanced is technology. Man has yet to catch up with tech.
The rest remains the same.
You have good and evil, and as long as Man exists, that too, will remain.

Mister D
08-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Indeed, progress has been entirely technological. Modern man has far too high an opinion of himself.

gamewell45
08-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Sounds wealthy elitist to me. How can she relate to the common middle class people that way. Reporters should ask her what a gallon of milk or gasoline costs.....she'd have a seizure right there.

Can you elaborate as to why it sounds like "wealthy elitist" to you?

Professor Peabody
08-28-2016, 04:39 AM
"Everyone is equal. Some are more equal than others....."

Kim Jong Un and Ill, used to drink $100+ bottles of Cognac while the people starve.

stjames1_53
08-28-2016, 06:30 AM
Chloe You do realized that we have been a diverse nation since its inception.
We've had every race immigrate here to become Americans.
You make it seem like that never happened. We've been diversified since way back when.
When people come here, today, it isn't to become Americans, they come here to establish THIER way of life and you're demanding we take up their cloth of life.
You cannot have it both ways. It is impossible to have a country so divided by culture. It will fall as the United States of America and become a faceless nation.
So focused on that dream cloud, you cannot see around the corner.

Chloe
08-28-2016, 09:33 AM
@Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) You do realized that we have been a diverse nation since its inception.
We've had every race immigrate here to become Americans.
You make it seem like that never happened. We've been diversified since way back when.
When people come here, today, it isn't to become Americans, they come here to establish THIER way of life and you're demanding we take up their cloth of life.
You cannot have it both ways. It is impossible to have a country so divided by culture. It will fall as the United States of America and become a faceless nation.
So focused on that dream cloud, you cannot see around the corner.

Uh ok, I'm not doing pretty much any of that but believe what you want

Common
08-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Excuse me?

FK Im not grasping the relation between the end of religion and the blending of races either

stjames1_53
08-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Uh ok, I'm not doing pretty much any of that but believe what you want

you called for diversity. The claim was backed by a statement of getting to know the other's culture. I go the impression you believed we are not a diversified nation, or you were calling for MORE diversity.
You do realize that we are already the most diverse country in the world and one of the most troubled. There is no culture melding going on. Each culture is carving out its own little world. It'll keep going that way until we explode or collapse.

donttread
08-28-2016, 01:40 PM

The idea that they "live in NY" was just so she could run for senate here where downstate would trip over themselves to elect the most liberal person they could find . So she fooled them and here they are , but is anyone keeping track of how many nights our NY Senator sleeps in her NY home? You didn't think they'd move into a poor township did you? I'm thinkin that if it's less than 183 a year she should have lost her Senate seat.