PDA

View Full Version : Trump Doubles Down on Claims That Obama and Clinton Are 'Founders' of ISIS

debbietoo
08-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm) doubled down on his attack against President Barack Obama and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm), accusing them again of being the “founders” of ISIS.

“I call President Obama and Hillary Clinton the founders of ISIS. They are the founders,” Trump said at a National Association of Home Builders (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/business/real-estate/national-association-of-home-builders.htm) event in Miami this morning.

“In fact, I think we will give Hillary Clinton, you know, if you're on a sports team, most valuable player, MVP,” Trump said. “ISIS will hand her the most valuable player award. Her only competition is Obama, between the two of them.”

Source:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-doubles-claims-obama-clinton-founders-isis/story?id=41300481

I think it would be in the best interest of Mr. Trump to seek psychiatric help.:rollseyes:

hanger4
08-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I just love political rhetoric, don't you ??

Bo-4
08-11-2016, 04:32 PM
There is not going to be any end to the Trump insanity and stupidity.

He can read teleprompter crap provided by Priebus from now until eternity and it won't change a thing.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I certainly would not call them "Founders". They have however, been serious enablers who greatly contributed to the growth and development of the movement.

Oboe
08-11-2016, 04:36 PM
republican presidential nominee donald trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm) doubled down on his attack against president barack obama and democratic presidential nominee hillary clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm), accusing them again of being the “founders” of isis.

“i call president obama and hillary clinton the founders of isis. They are the founders,” trump said at a national association of home builders (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/business/real-estate/national-association-of-home-builders.htm) event in miami this morning.

“in fact, i think we will give hillary clinton, you know, if you're on a sports team, most valuable player, mvp,” trump said. “isis will hand her the most valuable player award. Her only competition is obama, between the two of them.”

source:

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/trump-doubles-claims-obama-clinton-founders-isis/story?id=41300481

i think it would be in the best interest of mr. Trump to seek psychiatric help.:rollseyes:

rotflmfao.

PolWatch
08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Trump is his own enemy. Statements like this are so over-the-top that no one except right wing nuts living in a shack, watching for the black helicopter invasions believe them. If he would just keep his mouth shut, he could win.

Oboe
08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
It seems that telling people the truth offends them nowadays. What's up with all that?

debbietoo
08-11-2016, 04:51 PM
I certainly would not call them "Founders". They have however, been serious enablers who greatly contributed to the growth and development of the movement.

I wouldn't count out Bush or the other industrial war complex enablers either.

debbietoo
08-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Trump is his own enemy. Statements like this are so over-the-top that no one except right wing nuts living in a shack, watching for the black helicopter invasions believe them. If he would just keep his mouth shut, he could win.

The problem is he can't!

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Obama is Al Zarqawi???

It all makes sense now.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Bush is irrelevant to this discussion. Obama and Clinton are the issue.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 05:01 PM

Why is Bush irrelevant to the discussion? Will Obama be irrelevant to the discussion when he leaves office? Clinton has already left the office.

Without Bush's push to war, there would be no ISIS. Without Bremmer's disbanding of the Iraqi army, there might not be an ISIS.

You don't decide what is relevant and what is not.

Oboe
08-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Why is Bush irrelevant to the discussion? Will Obama be irrelevant to the discussion when he leaves office? Clinton has already left the office.

Without Bush's push to war, there would be no ISIS. Without Bremmer's disbanding of the Iraqi army, there might not be an ISIS.

After a certain amount of time, and after Obama has served his sentence he will be irrelevant.

FindersKeepers
08-11-2016, 05:34 PM

Exactly. If he wants to point to something specific, such as failure to negotiate a peacekeeping force in 2011 in Iraq, then he should do that -- but to say they're "founders" is just odd.

Sometimes, however, I wonder if he doesn't make off the wall comments just for the free publicity it earns him. Maybe he's operating on the "there's no such thing as bad publicity," concept.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Why is Bush irrelevant to the discussion?

Let's see... It could be because the question being asked is whether OBAMA and CLINTON are founders of ISIS.

If you don't even know what is being discussed, why do you post?

YOU are not relevant.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Let's see... It could be because the question being asked is whether OBAMA and CLINTON are founders of ISIS.

If you don't even know what is being discussed, why do you post?

YOU are not relevant.

...and the founding of ISIS has nothing to do with Bush?

I'm not relevant? Awww...so mean.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Exactly. If he wants to point to something specific, such as failure to negotiate a peacekeeping force in 2011 in Iraq, then he should do that -- but to say they're "founders" is just odd.

Sometimes, however, I wonder if he doesn't make off the wall comments just for the free publicity it earns him. Maybe he's operating on the "there's no such thing as bad publicity," concept.

He is just not an accomplished wordsmith. When he is trying to express a thought, he uses whatever words pop into his head without taking the time to determine whether they are in fact the best words to convey the message he is trying to send.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 06:05 PM
He is just not an accomplished wordsmith. When he is trying to express a thought, he uses whatever words pop into his head without taking the time to determine whether they are in fact the best words to convey the message he is trying to send.

Sounds like an excellent statesman. Verbal diarrhea is what I look for in a leader.

Bo-4
08-11-2016, 06:06 PM
It seems that telling people the truth offends them nowadays. What's up with all that?

We engaged our RW STOOPID Shields.

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm) doubled down on his attack against President Barack Obama and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm), accusing them again of being the “founders” of ISIS.

“I call President Obama and Hillary Clinton the founders of ISIS. They are the founders,” Trump said at a National Association of Home Builders (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/business/real-estate/national-association-of-home-builders.htm) event in Miami this morning.

“In fact, I think we will give Hillary Clinton, you know, if you're on a sports team, most valuable player, MVP,” Trump said. “ISIS will hand her the most valuable player award. Her only competition is Obama, between the two of them.”

Source:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-doubles-claims-obama-clinton-founders-isis/story?id=41300481

I think it would be in the best interest of Mr. Trump to seek psychiatric help.:rollseyes:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Trump is not the first to postulate Obama helped ISIS rise by disrupting Libya, Eqypt and Syria.

nathanbforrest45
08-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Sounds like an excellent statesman. Verbal diarrhea is what I look for in a leader.

You are becoming increasing annoying with your meddling in our politics.

The Xl
08-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Clinton, Obama, and Bush all created a big role in the size and state of Isis currently.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Deep breaths...it's a message board. You're free to ignore me.

But I guess now you know how a good portion of the world feels.

The Xl
08-11-2016, 06:11 PM

Bush is arguably the greatest contributor to Isis, in a discussion about American politicians who played a role in creating and expanding Isis, it is relevant. Although he's retired now, and laboring on his role in it is somewhat pointless.

jimmyz
08-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Obama's Syrian policy has enabled ISIS to proliferate. Obama paying large sums to Iraqi generals to get their troops to lay down their arms and run away from the battlefront enabled the back-door arming of the ISIS fighters believing that they would put down Assad was a big mistake.

Bethere
08-11-2016, 06:14 PM

The guy from canada > The guy named after the kkk founder

Bethere
08-11-2016, 06:24 PM
After a certain amount of time, and after Obama has served his sentence he will be irrelevant.

Bush could be dead for 100 years and he would still be remembered for crashing the world economy and for being the founder of ISIS.

FindersKeepers
08-11-2016, 06:32 PM

That's probably the biggest reason. He doesn't articulate well and he uses catch phrases a lot, maybe because of that. Of course, it doesn't help that the media makes mountains out of molehills, either. Like his comment on Mexico not sending us "their best." He was correct that the illegals are committing higher rates of crime and he pointed that out -- but he also said some of them were probably "very nice people," yet the media never uses his whole quote. Only the detrimental parts.

Between his verbal faux pas and the media's burning desire to bury him -- we're hearing very little that's positive. And yet, if you listen to his business partners, colleagues and children, they sing his praises. He's not a bad guy. He just needs to slow down and give himself a minute before he responds.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Deep breaths...it's a message board. You're free to ignore me.

But I guess now you know how a good portion of the world feels.

Who cares?

The "rest of the world" needs us a whole lot more than we need them.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Bush could be dead for 100 years and he would still be remembered for crashing the world economy and for being the founder of ISIS.

Only by the uneducated and moronic.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Who cares?

The "rest of the world" needs us a whole lot more than we need them.

Great attitude. Vote Trump.

zelmo1234
08-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Here is the thing Folks? President Obama went against the will of the Generals and US military advisors and removed the Troops from Iraq. Everyone, and I might be mistaken but I believe Hillary was on the side of the Military leaders at the time. So I don't think that you can blame her.

This created the situation that allowed ISIS to exist and thrive. That is on President Obama, so while he may not be the founder or leader, He sure pulled all of the strings for it to happen.

Cletus
08-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Great attitude. Vote Trump.

It is true.

zelmo1234
08-11-2016, 06:46 PM

Because we all know that Bush would have left the Troops in Iraq like the Generals wanted and ISIS would not have had a safe haven to start their operations from.

The left is having another Cow about this but Trump is right Obama needs to own ISIS. It was his policies that allowed it to happen.

zelmo1234
08-11-2016, 06:50 PM

That is exactly what the DNC has counted of for years. The Democrats will make up lies and be a crass and dishonest as they want to be. It has been that way ever since Clinton left office.

The Demand that the GOP treat them with honor and respect, and up to Trump, that worked. Now Trump is doing exactly what they do all the time. And they are Crying, pissing and moaning about it?

Time for them to Cowboy up, there is a new Sheriff in town.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Because we all know that Bush would have left the Troops in Iraq like the Generals wanted and ISIS would not have had a safe haven to start their operations from.

The left is having another Cow about this but Trump is right Obama needs to own ISIS. It was his policies that allowed it to happen.

Really? Bush signed an agreement to move the troops out. Obama simply abided by said agreement.

It was the invasion of Iraq and the disbanding of the army that allowed it to happen. Don't get me wrong, Obama contributed to the problem.

zelmo1234
08-11-2016, 06:57 PM

This of course I can't let go, because it is openly Dishonest What is ususally called a lie.

First on the crashing of the Economy!

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-users-guide-2009-6

Clearly Clinton and Carter

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/10/20081009-10.html

Warned Congress 17 times prior to the housing collapse. Was called Racist because of it!

Now on to ISIS.

GWB would never have left Iraq undefended like Obama did. President Obama is the one that pulled the Troops against the advice of Generals and his Military advisors! That is what created the safe haven for ISIS to grow.

Obama is one of the founding Fathers of ISIS for that reason.

zelmo1234
08-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Really? Bush signed an agreement to move the troops out. Obama simply abided by said agreement.

It was the invasion of Iraq and the disbanding of the army that allowed it to happen. Don't get me wrong, Obama contributed to the problem.

GWB left office trying to get the deal to keep Troops in well past 2011. I went back and I was Correct Hillary did not want to pull the Troops out of Iraq.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/18/hillary-clinton-pushed-obama-to-keep-troops-in-iraq.html

Iraq was not expecting nor demanding that the troops leave. Obama owns that. all by himself, You can't even blame Hillary. Trump needs to stop blaming her. That is wrong.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:02 PM
This of course I can't let go, because it is openly Dishonest What is ususally called a lie.

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/10/20081009-10.html

Warned Congress 17 times prior to the housing collapse. Was called Racist because of it!

Now on to ISIS.

GWB would never have left Iraq undefended like Obama did. President Obama is the one that pulled the Troops against the advice of Generals and his Military advisors! That is what created the safe haven for ISIS to grow.

Are you aware of the US- Iraq Status of Forces Agreement? You know, the agreement Bush signed to withdraw troops. It's the one where the dude threw a show at him. Good reflexes.

Tahuyaman
08-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/donald-trump.htm) doubled down on his attack against President Barack Obama and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm), accusing them again of being the “founders” of ISIS....

while he should have worded that thought differently, it's not a sign of a mental illness.

If he would have said that Obama has handled the situation very poorly, no one would have said a word about it.

del
08-11-2016, 07:11 PM
That's probably the biggest reason. He doesn't articulate well and he uses catch phrases a lot, maybe because of that. Of course, it doesn't help that the media makes mountains out of molehills, either. Like his comment on Mexico not sending us "their best." He was correct that the illegals are committing higher rates of crime and he pointed that out -- but he also said some of them were probably "very nice people," yet the media never uses his whole quote. Only the detrimental parts.

Between his verbal faux pas and the media's burning desire to bury him -- we're hearing very little that's positive. And yet, if you listen to his business partners, colleagues and children, they sing his praises. He's not a bad guy. He just needs to slow down and give himself a minute before he responds.

yes, it's all the media's fault

Tahuyaman
08-11-2016, 07:15 PM
The media does seem to pay more attention to the crazy things Trump says than they do Hillary Clinton's proven illegal actions.

Common Sense
08-11-2016, 07:39 PM
If this is the kind of thing he says about his fellow citizens...a woman that attended his wedding, what kind of stupid things is he going to say about world leaders? His inability to think before he speaks is not something that is a positive attribute of a president.

Crepitus
08-11-2016, 08:40 PM
How do these guys get internet access in a shack?

Crepitus
08-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Now on to ISIS.

In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011.

Who was president in 2008 again? I forget.....

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:21 PM
...and the founding of ISIS has nothing to do with Bush?

I'm not relevant? Awww...so mean.

No.

It didn't. It's asinine to claim it. Anyone can play the fockstick game you're playing. We can go back to Hammurabi if you want.

Obama vacated a country which was in the process of stabilization. ISIS was created in a vacuum. Bush left no vacuum; your lefty islamopologist did that.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:23 PM

http://youtu.be/6fhoDiycZ74

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:24 PM
We engaged our RW STOOPID Shields.

No one questions your expertise on stupid.

Bethere
08-11-2016, 10:24 PM
GWB left office trying to get the deal to keep Troops in well past 2011. I went back and I was Correct Hillary did not want to pull the Troops out of Iraq.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/18/hillary-clinton-pushed-obama-to-keep-troops-in-iraq.html

Iraq was not expecting nor demanding that the troops leave. Obama owns that. all by himself, You can't even blame Hillary. Trump needs to stop blaming her. That is wrong.

Not only did he negotiate it, but Bush signed the sofa a couple of weeks after obama won the election.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:26 PM

He didn't crash the economy, you revisionist piece of shit. In fact, he warned what was happening with the housing crisis, and asshats like Barney Frank blocked any attempt to correct the problem.

decedent
08-11-2016, 10:27 PM
ISIS was founded in 1999 when Obama was a state Senator. Trump is an idiot.

Ethereal
08-11-2016, 10:29 PM
ISIS was founded in 1999 when Obama was a state Senator. Trump is an idiot.

Trump is wrong because Obama did not contribute to the emergence of ISIS. However, there is partial truth because Obama's policies in Libya and Syria have contributed to the widespread infiltration of ISIS into those societies.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:30 PM

Now on to ISIS.

Requoted to put the dishonest piece of sht in his place.

Bethere
08-11-2016, 10:30 PM
No one questions your expertise on stupid.

You are a dishonest debate partner.

Ethereal
08-11-2016, 10:31 PM
On net, Obama and Clinton's policies have helped ISIS A LOT.

Libya and Syria were both relatively stable, secular countries under Qaddafi and Assad. US foreign policy has turned them into failed states where ISIS and AQ run amok.

Clinton supporters are either living in a fantasy world or lying through the teeth in refusing to admit or acknowledge this.

decedent
08-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Trump is wrong because Obama did not contribute to the emergence of ISIS.

Trump said that Obama "founded" ISIS. He was very clear with his simple language. He has no clue what he's talking about.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:33 PM
In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement. It included a specific date, 30 June 2009, by which American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities, and a complete withdrawal date from Iraqi territory by 31 December 2011.

Who was president in 2008 again? I forget.....

I wonder why you didn't include the conditions and contingencies of that SOFA.

I wonder.

I'm going to go with "because you're a dishonest piece of sht" for $1000, Alex.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:34 PM
You are a dishonest debate partner.

You are a piece of sht, and every one of you clown leftists is going to get punched in the nose every time you lie.

Ethereal
08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Trump said that Obama "founded" ISIS. He was very clear with his simple language. He has no clue what he's talking about.

That's what I just said. I said Obama did not "found" ISIS. He was against the war in Iraq. Good on him for that.

But Obama was not against the wars in Libya or Syria, countries that he helped turn into ISIS/AQ playgrounds.

Bethere
08-11-2016, 10:35 PM
He didn't crash the economy, you revisionist piece of shit. In fact, he warned what was happening with the housing crisis, and asshats like Barney Frank blocked any attempt to correct the problem.

Surely the rules of this forum were written to protect me, too? If not, count on me to be much edgier in the future.

Subdermal
08-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Surely the rules of this forum were written to protect me, too? If not, count on me to be much edgier in the future.

You'd be lucky to escape with merely a bloody nose for being a baiting lying clown on this forum.

Naturally, you don't seem to understand what a rhetorical bloody nose is. It certainly illustrates your base dishonesty on this and any topic.

Bethere
08-11-2016, 10:43 PM
You'd be lucky to escape with merely a bloody nose for being a baiting lying clown on this forum.

Naturally, you don't seem to understand what a rhetorical bloody nose is. It certainly illustrates your base dishonesty on this and any topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NkgOGm2sc

Safety
08-11-2016, 11:02 PM
I wonder why you didn't include the conditions and contingencies of that SOFA.

I wonder.

I'm going to go with "because you're a dishonest piece of sht" for $1000, Alex.

You are a piece of sht, and every one of you clown leftists is going to get punched in the nose every time you lie.

Knock off the petty insults, TB on next one

FindersKeepers
08-12-2016, 04:13 AM
That is exactly what the DNC has counted of for years. The Democrats will make up lies and be a crass and dishonest as they want to be. It has been that way ever since Clinton left office.

The Demand that the GOP treat them with honor and respect, and up to Trump, that worked. Now Trump is doing exactly what they do all the time. And they are Crying, pissing and moaning about it?

Time for them to Cowboy up, there is a new Sheriff in town.

You make good points. While Palin was never a personal pic -- I was aghast at how badly the democrats treated her and her family. I try not to smile when Trump gives them a dose of their own medicine. But, at the same time, I'm shocked and I'm insulted.

It's completely okay for Hillary to be vile and corrupt, but it's not okay for Trump not to filter his words with their pre-determined political correctness. Trump simply does not have a filter. What Cletus said is the best explanation I've heard so far.

While we may not be successful, at the end of the day, we have to do our best not to let Hillary ascend to the throne she so badly wants (and perhaps will kill for).

FindersKeepers
08-12-2016, 04:22 AM
yes, it's all the media's fault

Not "all," but to an extent.

Trump can't sneeze without at least ten outlets declaring that he didn't cover his mouth.

His wife's photos from her modeling days are spread far and wide yet not one major outlet has run the shots of the First Daughter, Malia, smoking pot and twerking at Lollapalooza. Not that I want them to -- I'm just pointing out the bias you seem to think does not exist.

The ironic thing is -- all this outrage appears to have backfired. Trump spent VERY little on his primary campaign -- it was the media's free coverage that raised him in the polls - gave him the exposure that resulted in votes.

He could very likely still be playing the media.

Bethere
08-12-2016, 05:14 AM
He could very likely still be playing the media.

Or, perhaps he is losing his mind.

Peter1469
08-12-2016, 05:17 AM
More facts out about Hillary's use of the State Department as a cash cow.

PolWatch
08-12-2016, 05:20 AM
How do these guys get internet access in a shack?

they travel to the local library for the free computer access....then complain about government freebies & worry about government spying. (not saying the fear of the spying is unreasonable).

Bethere
08-12-2016, 05:20 AM
More facts out about Hillary's use of the State Department as a cash cow.

Peter1469
08-12-2016, 05:22 AM

The Fans will forgive Hillary crimes. We know this.

PolWatch
08-12-2016, 05:24 AM
That's what I just said. I said Obama did not "found" ISIS. He was against the war in Iraq. Good on him for that.

But Obama was not against the wars in Libya or Syria, countries that he helped turn into ISIS/AQ playgrounds.

your statement is too sensible. How can Trump be correct if anyone acknowledges the contribution of others on the situation in the Middle East? ISIS has to be blamed on Obama & Clinton to avoid another situation of Trump with hoof-in-mouth-disease.

FindersKeepers
08-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Or, perhaps he is losing his mind.

Perhaps, but while I never followed his "reality" television series, the clips I saw years ago seem to depict the same personae we're seeing today. That indicates, to me at least in my armchair-psychologist way, that he's not losing his mind. That's just who he is.

On the other hand -- despite the constant negative attacks on Trump, the media is keeping him front and center. In the marketing world, that's pretty amazing.

People are fickle -- voters even more so.

If Trump can remain front page news for the next two months, all free of charge, he can then purchase ads in the last few weeks of the run-up.

Crepitus
08-12-2016, 08:09 AM
they travel to the local library for the free computer access....then complain about government freebies & worry about government spying. (not saying the fear of the spying is unreasonable).

Ah. I had wondered why some of the more extreme types were only on during business hours.

Ethereal
08-12-2016, 04:51 PM
your statement is too sensible. How can Trump be correct if anyone acknowledges the contribution of others on the situation in the Middle East? ISIS has to be blamed on Obama & Clinton to avoid another situation of Trump with hoof-in-mouth-disease.

It's very unfortunate. Nuance is a rare commodity in political discussions.

Docthehun
08-12-2016, 05:24 PM
Neither the President or Mrs. Clinton look like they're 1,400 years old.

debbietoo
08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
I believe Bush ignited ISIS when he invaded Iraq. Obama is merely the scapegoat for Bush's many failed policies, including the large deficit he left behind.

Cletus
08-13-2016, 10:54 AM
I believe Bush ignited ISIS when he invaded Iraq. Obama is merely the scapegoat for Bush's many failed policies, including the large deficit he left behind.

Believe what you will. That doesn't make it so.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 10:58 AM
That is pretty goofy. Barack Hussein O claimed victory as he prematurely pulled out. The disastrous, evil rise of ISIS is solely on the Monster in the White House (or golf course). And Clinton was Obama's handmaiden.

maineman
08-13-2016, 12:40 PM
That is pretty goofy. Barack Hussein O claimed victory as he prematurely pulled out. The disastrous, evil rise of ISIS is solely on the Monster in the White House (or golf course). And Clinton was Obama's handmaiden.

Obama pulled out in accordance with the time schedule that Bush had negotiated and signed. His hands were tied by the actions of his predecessor.

Chris
08-13-2016, 12:52 PM

??? The invasion led to the downfall of Saddam. It was his elite forces that, left to fester, reformed as ISIS. When they became a problem, Obama failed to deal with them.

maineman
08-13-2016, 12:59 PM
??? The invasion led to the downfall of Saddam. It was his elite forces that, left to fester, reformed as ISIS. When they became a problem, Obama failed to deal with them.

and, given the status of forces agreement that was negotiated and signed by Dubya, what, exactly do you think Obama could have done to "deal with them"?

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:00 PM
Obama pulled out in accordance with the time schedule that Bush had negotiated and signed. His hands were tied by the actions of his predecessor.
You know what you are claiming is nonsense.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:01 PM
and, given the status of forces agreement that was negotiated and signed by Dubya, what, exactly do you think Obama could have done to "deal with them"?
Poor, powerless Barack. He had no choice.

I wonder what Iran is holding over Barack?

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:02 PM
You know what you are claiming is nonsense.

not at all. Without the agreement of the Iraqi government, we could not stay there past the date negotiated. We were not about to stay without our troops being immune from prosecution in Iraq and they were not about to give us that immunity.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:03 PM
not at all. Without the agreement of the Iraqi government, we could not stay there past the date negotiated. We were not about to stay without our troops being immune from prosecution in Iraq and they were not about to give us that immunity.
Only a fool believes that presidents are powerless.

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:04 PM
If Bush had thought sticking around was a good idea, he would have negotiated a different SOFA. Once it's signed, and we violate it, we become an occupying enemy in Iraq, there against the will of their government.

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Only a fool believes that presidents are powerless.

I never said he was POWERLESS. I said he did not have the power to unilaterally toss out a SOFA without then having our troops become an occupying enemy in Iraq against the will of the people and their government.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:05 PM
If Bush had thought sticking around was a good idea, he would have negotiated a different SOFA. Once it's signed, and we violate it, we become an occupying enemy in Iraq, there against the will of their government.
Apologies and excuses for Leftisms failures...

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:07 PM
I never said he was POWERLESS. I said he did not have the power to unilaterally toss out a SOFA without then having our troops become an occupying enemy in Iraq against the will of the people and their government.
Obama had all the time he needed to negotiate for a substantial in-country force. He lost the war. Purposefully.

I wonder what Iran is holding over Barack's head?

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:07 PM
nice tap dance.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:08 PM
nice tap dance.
LOL. Your moves lacked originality. But you do give it plenty of energy.

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Obama had all the time he needed to negotiate for a substantial in-country force.

If Iraq didn't want the SOFA modified, it wasn't going to get modified, regardless of how much "time" Obama had.

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:10 PM
LOL. Your moves lacked originality. But you do give it plenty of energy.

energy? this conversation is so low energy for me, I'm almost falling asleep. I am thinking about opening up another window and simultaneously playing tetris just to keep awake.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:12 PM
If Iraq didn't want the SOFA modified, it wasn't going to get modified, regardless of how much "time" Obama had.
And this becomes the lie. You already know what Barack Hussein O did to poison the opportunity. BO is a loser of historic proportions. Like that SOB FDR he will be loved for a hundred years by the foolish he hurt the most. Eventually, he will be seen as the one who all but finished the US.

Will the story have a happier ending? Will Trump's election buy us time? Or are we already dead and just need Hillary to carve up and sell off the pieces of the carcass?

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 01:13 PM
energy? this conversation is so low energy for me, I'm almost falling asleep. I am thinking about opening up another window and simultaneously playing tetris just to keep awake.
It works for me, gramps. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

:-)

maineman
08-13-2016, 01:17 PM
And this becomes the lie. You already know what Barack Hussein O did to poison the opportunity. BO is a loser of historic proportions. Like that SOB FDR he will be loved for a hundred years by the foolish he hurt the most. Eventually, he will be seen as the one who all but finished the US.

Will the story have a happier ending? Will Trump's election buy us time? Or are we already dead and just need Hillary to carve up and sell off the pieces of the carcass?

we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't believe Obama did anything to "poison" the opportunity. He refused to allow our troops to be tried in Iraqi courts and I applaud that.

and the next time you call me a liar, will be the last time I read any of your tripe. Got it?

Cletus
08-13-2016, 01:51 PM

Well, if he needed a new SOFA, it was his SecState's job to secure it.

Another example of incompetence and failed leadership.

maineman
08-13-2016, 02:03 PM
Well, if he needed a new SOFA, it was his SecState's job to secure it.

Another example of incompetence and failed leadership.

If Iraq refused to budge on the immunity of troops issue -and they did, what would you suggest Hillary or Obama could have DONE about that?

AZ Jim
08-13-2016, 02:18 PM
He is just not an accomplished wordsmith. When he is trying to express a thought, he uses whatever words pop into his head without taking the time to determine whether they are in fact the best words to convey the message he is trying to send.AND as a President that would bring America nothing but grief! Can't you see that?

Cletus
08-13-2016, 02:31 PM
If Iraq refused to budge on the immunity of troops issue -and they did, what would you suggest Hillary or Obama could have DONE about that?

It was her job to figure out what to do. If you really don't believe we had the leverage to get an agreement, you are living in a fairy tale land.

Cletus
08-13-2016, 02:34 PM
AND as a President that would bring America nothing but grief! Can't you see that?

Trump is far from the ideal candidate for President. However, in this case, he is the MUCH lesser of two evils. Your blind devotion to Clinton and your willingness to overlook all the things that make her unsuitable for the job are enough to question either your honesty or your sanity... or both.

maineman
08-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Clinton is far from the ideal candidate for President. However, in this case, she is the MUCH lesser of two evils. Your blind devotion to Trump and your willingness to overlook all the things that make him unsuitable for the job are enough to question either your honesty or your sanity... or both.

Subdermal
08-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Clinton is far from the ideal candidate for President. However, in this case, she is the MUCH lesser of two evils. Your blind devotion to Trump and your willingness to overlook all the things that make him unsuitable for the job are enough to question either your honesty or your sanity... or both.

...he says, while overlooking those things which make Hillary unsuitable for the job, not the least of which is an entire raft of emails which are missing and could be used to blackmail a President...

:loco:

Cletus
08-13-2016, 02:44 PM

Did you work for a long time on that?

What I said to Jim applies to you, as well. I don't know anything about Jim's background, but you should know better.

maineman
08-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Did you work for a long time on that?

What I said to Jim applies to you, as well. I don't know anything about Jim's background, but you should know better.

I didn't work very long on it at all. I actually paraphrased it from a fellow that I happen to hold in fairly high regard. I know that I truly believe that Donald Trump is incompetent to serve as our President and that he could easily lead us to a dark and dangerous place very quickly. You don't believe that, obviously. So be it.

maineman
08-13-2016, 02:53 PM
...he says, while overlooking those things which make Hillary unsuitable for the job, not the least of which is an entire raft of emails which are missing and could be used to blackmail a President...

I overlook nothing, señor.

zelmo1234
08-13-2016, 03:01 PM

This

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380508/no-us-troops-didnt-have-leave-iraq-patrick-brennan

I really think that the left thinks that History automatically rewrites itself to meet their story line

zelmo1234
08-13-2016, 03:02 PM
I overlook nothing, señor.

Well if that is true? Then you lie an awful lot? So which one is it?

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 03:10 PM
we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't believe Obama did anything to "poison" the opportunity. He refused to allow our troops to be tried in Iraqi courts and I applaud that.

and the next time you call me a liar, will be the last time I read any of your tripe. Got it?
To remedy that conundrum, simply do not lie.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 03:13 PM
And once again this is a lie. Obama intentionally poisoned the well. Intentionally. The blood of the innocent who were tortured and murdered by ISIS is on the Obama-Clinton team's hands. They are responsible, in large part for the failure to prevent the murders.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 03:14 PM
AND as a President that would bring America nothing but grief! Can't you see that?
Let's have this conversation in 18 months and then you can better gauge how President Trump is doing.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 03:15 PM
It was her job to figure out what to do. If you really don't believe we had the leverage to get an agreement, you are living in a fairy tale land.
It is such a shame you did not accidently say fairy tail. I always had a secret crush on Tinkerbell.