PDA

View Full Version : The GOP must dump Trump

Cigar
08-12-2016, 10:21 AM
By Joe Scarborough
The Muslim ban, the David Duke denial, the “Mexican” judge flap, the draft dodger denigrating John McCain’s military service, the son of privilege attacking an immigrant Gold Star mother and the constant revisionism and lying about past political positions taken are but a few of the lowlights that have punctuated Donald Trump’s chaotic chase for the presidency.

Any one of these offenses would have disqualified any other candidate for president. But the Republican nominee remained competitive against a historically weak Democratic nominee on the promise of bringing radical change and dramatic disruption to Washington.

That appears to be changing. Post-convention polls show Trump falling behind by double digits both nationally and in must-win swing states like Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Virginia.

And the political ride will only get rockier for Trump in the coming days after he suggested that one way to keep a conservative Supreme Court after Hillary Clinton got elected would be to assassinate her or federal judges. Trump and his supporters have been scrambling wildly all day to explain away the inexplicable, but they can stop wasting their time. The GOP nominee was clearly suggesting that some of the “Second Amendment people” among his supporters could kill his Democratic opponent were she to be elected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/08/09/the-gop-must-dump-trump/

Oboe
08-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Trump 2016. Hillary prison 2017.

FindersKeepers
08-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Scarborough is wrong. None of those are qualifiers and the GOP will not dump Trump because they would then have a ZERO chance at beating Hillary.

Cigar
08-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Trump 2016. Hillary prison 2017.

See you Wednesday November 9th ... don't make me come looking for you.

Professor Peabody
08-13-2016, 04:12 AM
Trump is your next President. ;)

Cigar
08-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Trump is your next President. ;)

...and Obama was a One Term President :laugh:

Boris The Animal
08-13-2016, 10:53 AM
See you Wednesday November 9th ... don't make me come looking for you.
You meant to say two term disaster, Cigarette.

zelmo1234
08-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Anyone that does not believe that Hillary is the Odd's on favorite to be the next President is fooling themselves.

That However, will not be a win for the nation. It will be more of the Same, But if the GOP can block the Tax Increases, That will not be bad for the top 10% Actually as productions has been declining, we might be heading into another bargain basement Fire Sale, as the Fannie and Freddie issues start to come to light.

And I think that Hillary will actually be better on race. Remember she was the one pushing for the laws, that are locking all these minorities away, and I don't see that changing once she is elected.

But she is a Crooked/Criminal and that means she is likely to follow her husband down the Impeachment road, but I think that she will be convicted and removed from office.

Either way, the poor, minorities, and working middle class will continue to get the shaft, under a Hillary Presidency.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2016, 11:02 AM
...and Obama was a One Term President :laugh:
I am inclined to believe a one-term president will be very rare no matter how damaging they are to the nation.