PDA

View Full Version : Trump using multiple devices and by others ? ... sound familiar ?

exotix
08-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Today

Data Expert Suggests Trump's 'Own' Tweets Are Written by Other People

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/do-trump-s-own-tweets-come-multiple-devices-n629401

Donald Trump may claim "I know words, I have the best words" — but when it comes to his Twitter account, how many of those words actually his?

One computer programmer made it his personal mission to find out.

David Robinson, a data scientist at Stack Overflow, determined (http://varianceexplained.org/r/trump-tweets/) that the angriest tweets from Trump's official Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, were sent from an Android device — while more moderated messages that focused on events and campaign strategy were sent by an iPhone.

Members of the Republican nominee's campaign staff are known to use iPhones.
However, Trump uses a Samsung Galaxy, having sworn off Apple after that company's battle with the FBI over unlocking the phone of one of the San Bernadino attackers.

Looking only at tweets sent from an iPhone or Android device, Robinson's analysis showed there were distinct differences between the types of tweets sent from the two devices, including style, tone and the time of day.

"Since other people had noticed this phenomenon before, I did expect to find that the accounts showed different behaviors," Robinson told NBC News. "But I was surprised how dramatic the difference was, particularly regarding the use of hashtags, photos, and links."

Tweets from the Android phone were mostly sent in the morning and included emotionally charged words such as "badly," "crazy," "weak," and "dumb."

A sentiment analysis revealed Trump's Android account uses about 40 to 80 percent more words related to negative feelings than the iPhone account.

Does the Android user, who Robinson says must be Trump, wake up on the wrong side of the bed and fire off his angry tweets before he calms down and switches to an iPhone in the afternoon?

While anything is possible, Robinson said there is a clear distinction that shows at least two different people are sending tweets from different phones to Trump's account.

The iPhone tweets come in the afternoon and early evening and include messages heavy with campaign hashtags, such as #trumptrain or #makeamericagreatagain. They were also 38 more times likely to contain a photo or link, Robinson said.

Trump's tweets have been the target of particular scrutiny during his presidential campaign, due to frequent and egregious misspellings.

After the February 25 Republican debate, he twice tweeted that then-challenger Senator Marco Rubio was a "leightweight chocker" (those tweets since deleted).

Trump has also mangled the spelling of several American cities, including Phoenix, Tulsa, and Oklahoma City; and even misspelled Barack Obama's name.
Twice.

Republican candidate uses words such as ‘crazy’, ‘weak’ and ‘dumb’ on Android device, while staff post calmer tweets on iPhone, data suggests

http://i64.tinypic.com/f59bon.png

Bo-4
08-12-2016, 03:42 PM
As one who follows his Twitter feed of and on, i've noticed the style differences.

You can usually tell Trumpster's tweets by the word salad and oft-repeated and misspelled buzzwords.

Captain Obvious
08-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Who fucks a give?

FindersKeepers
08-12-2016, 03:51 PM
As one who follows his Twitter feed of and on, i've noticed the style differences.

You can usually tell Trumpster's tweets by the word salad and oft-repeated and misspelled buzzwords.

I still haven't gotten past the juvenile sound of "Twitter" and "Tweets."

I just can't bring myself to sign up for that one.

Bo-4
08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
I still haven't gotten past the juvenile sound of "Twitter" and "Tweets."

I just can't bring myself to sign up for that one.

I don't tweet - only follow about 20 pretty funny and/or entertaining people .. Trump falls into both categories.

jimmyz
08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Staffers putting out propaganda... THE HORROR!1!!1!!

Oboe
08-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Not only that but I heard Trump pees standing up.

exotix
08-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Who $#@!s a give?So its okay with you if some wackadoo takes the 3 a.m. phone call ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7YD2JvrzE

Adelaide
08-13-2016, 11:23 AM
It isn't really surprising what is being "revealed", assuming it is true.

Clinton probably doesn't ever actually use her Twitter account because she has people she pays for that... which is what most politicians and celebrities should/already do. It's too easy to say something stupid on social media. Let a social media consultant or PR person deal with it.