PDA

View Full Version : Who will you be voting for?

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Take your pick.

roadmaster
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Have no choice- Mitt

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Good ol' American freedom. I hope America beats Obama.

Conley
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Johnson - nice to see he's in the lead right now :laugh:

KC
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Looks like Romney is going to toughen up the talk on libertarian values if he wants the coveted TPF vote.

Captain Obvious
10-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - Libertarian.

Day shift hasn't hit the poll yet.

BooHoo
10-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Romney!!

WalterSobchak
10-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Johnson. Cause Obamney sucks ass.

KC
10-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Johnson. Cause Obamney sucks ass.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxtj4hF5Bt1r0o4lro1_500.jpg

GrassrootsConservative
10-02-2012, 11:14 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxtj4hF5Bt1r0o4lro1_500.jpg

Now he's half white and half white-black.

KC
10-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Now he's half white and half white-black.

Divide him up how you want, he's 100% establishment!

GrassrootsConservative
10-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Divide him up how you want, he's 100% establishment!

Lol I was just making a joke.

GrumpyDog
10-03-2012, 01:01 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/7/1CLX-9pKP0yb8GeR4BlOuw2.jpg

Might just right in this candidate.

patrickt
10-03-2012, 07:06 AM
There's a reason we have a secret ballot and a reason liberals hate secret ballots. I suspect everyone knows how I voted but I'm shocked you lumped Roseanne Barr in with the also-ran folks.

truthmatters
10-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Idont want any more historically failed ideas running the country so I choose Obama.

The republican party has doubled down on the ideas that have crashed the world economy twicw now in one lifetime

coolwalker
10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Romney, a solid American schooled in capitalism.

Chris
10-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Nota.

Keeps changing N O T A to N o t a.

coolwalker
10-03-2012, 09:26 AM
A No vote was cast...that is like a pencil with no lead.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Obama would like to thank all of his Gary Johnson supporters.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24002336.jpg

WalterSobchak
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM

Obama would also like to thank the GOP for putting up a complete fuckhead to run against him.

Great job GOP!!

KC
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Through actions and words, Obama and Romney have shown that they think the government is the answer. Libertarians should show that they are here and that there are enough people who do not think government is the answer.

truthmatters
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
at least their losing vote doesnt make them sell their souls

texmaster
10-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Obama would also like to thank the GOP for putting up a complete fuckhead to run against him.

Great job GOP!!

This reply should tell you everything you need to know about how much the liberals want you voting for Johnson

texmaster
10-03-2012, 10:20 AM
at least their losing vote doesnt make them sell their souls

Another liberal who supports libertarians throwing their vote away.

Exactly when are the real libertarians going to wake up?

texmaster
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Through actions and words, Obama and Romney have shown that they think the government is the answer. Libertarians should show that they are here and that there are enough people who do not think government is the answer.

That a complete lie and I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government.

truthmatters
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
our founders thought government was the answer

Chris
10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
There's that "prove" meme again.

Chris
10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
As for not voting, I simply see no viable choice. Each candidate will simply take us down a slightly different road to serfdom.

truthmatters
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
no one is forcing you to vote.

there are very few perfect choices in the real life adult world

texmaster
10-03-2012, 01:44 PM
There's that "prove" meme again.

Are you referring to me?

Since when did demanding proof of your claims become meme?

Or is that just when you are exposed?

Chris
10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
no one is forcing you to vote.

there are very few perfect choices in the real life adult world

It's a privilege I choose not to avail myself of.

I see no choices, let along imaginary perfection!

Chris
10-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Are you referring to me?

Since when did demanding proof of your claims become meme?

Or is that just when you are exposed?

What does the word even mean to you?

WalterSobchak
10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
This reply should tell you everything you need to know about how much the liberals want you voting for Johnson

Awwwwww, poor tex is pissy cause he's afraid all of us Johnson voters are going to cause his big government statist to lose his bid for POTUS.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25550369.jpg

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
What does the word even mean to you?

Are you incapable of being specific? What word?

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Awwwwww, poor tex is pissy cause he's afraid all of us Johnson voters are going to cause his big government statist to lose his bid for POTUS.

Nope just know liberals like yourself pretend to be libertarians and think you are fooling anyone.

WalterSobchak
10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Nope just know liberals like yourself pretend to be libertarians and think you are fooling anyone.

Translated: "Whaaaaaaaa, why won't the rest of the Country fall for Romney's lies like I have?!!!!, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

You poor, poor neo-con.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Translated: "Whaaaaaaaa, why won't the rest of the Country fall for Romney's lies like I have?!!!!, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

You poor, poor neo-con.

LOL Don't quit your day job Walter.

Chris
10-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Are you incapable of being specific? What word?

LOL, your meme, tex, "prove", what's it mean to you?

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:28 PM
LOL, your meme, tex, "prove", what's it mean to you?

Exactly what the definition says

Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Now what Chris?

Finished trolling or are you looking to embarrass yourself some more?

Answer my question. When did demanding proof of an argument become a meme?

Back up your BS just once and shock everyone.

Chris
10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Exactly what the definition says

Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Now what Chris?

Finished trolling or are you looking to embarrass yourself some more?

Back up your BS just once and shock everyone.

You use it as a meme, tex.

But let us know when you have a "proof" of something, tex.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Let us know when you have a "proof" of something, tex.

Thats what I thought.

Typical Chris. Throw out a intended cheap shot then when your are demanded to back yourself up you run.

LOL The Atomic Clock in Colorado is less predictable than you are my friend. :)

Chris
10-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Yawn.

Tell us, tex, how would one go about proving, or disproving, your challenge: "I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government"?

Be specific. What would serve as proof or disproof?

texmaster
10-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Yawn.

Tell us, tex, how would one go about proving, or disproving, your challenge: "I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government"?

Be specific. What would serve as proof or disproof?

Third time Chris

Answer it and I will be happy to answer yours.

KC
10-03-2012, 02:49 PM
That a complete lie and I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government.
You just lied about what I said. It's not that they think exactly the same, but the two have shown through their actions and words that they support sometimes similar, sometimes very different flavors of big government. Both Obama and Romney see government as a tool to promote some degree of economic equality and they supposedly only differ on what level of government this should be done (Obamacare vs. Romneycare). While Obama has vastly increased the powers of the security state and continued the Bush foreign policy to a large degree, Romney has criticized him for not doing enough and said that he would be even more tough on the ME, even more interventionist. Romney says he supports more restrictive abortion and same sex marriage policy, which would also increase the scope and powers of government.

I'll close with a bit of Ron Paul propaganda:

http://chrisinmaryville.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Obama_Paul_Romney.jpg

Chris
10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Third time Chris

Answer it and I will be happy to answer yours.

In the meaningless way you use it, that has become obvious in your refusal to respond with anything but a dictionary.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
In the meaningless way you use it, that has become obvious in your refusal to respond with anything but a dictionary.

Thats what I thought. More cowardice.

Thanks for staying predictable.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 03:21 PM
You just lied about what I said. It's not that they think exactly the same, but the two have shown through their actions and words that they support sometimes similar, sometimes very different flavors of big government. Both Obama and Romney see government as a tool to promote some degree of economic equality and they supposedly only differ on what level of government this should be done (Obamacare vs. Romneycare). While Obama has vastly increased the powers of the security state and continued the Bush foreign policy to a large degree, Romney has criticized him for not doing enough and said that he would be even more tough on the ME, even more interventionist. Romney says he supports more restrictive abortion and same sex marriage policy, which would also increase the scope and powers of government.

I'll close with a bit of Ron Paul propaganda:

http://chrisinmaryville.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Obama_Paul_Romney.jpg

What you said exactly:

Through actions and words, Obama and Romney have shown that they think the government is the answer

That is a complete and total LIE. Your pic gives zero evidence to the claims its making. Federal Reserve. No explanation on what that means to the question. Same thing with "corporatism, war on drugs, IRS, IMF, etc.

Come back when you can give SPECIFICS that back up your lie that states both Romney and Obama think government is the answer.

I can break your lie in 2 seconds.

Romney wants to roll back Obamacare. Obama doesn't.

Romney rightly points out Obama voters are dependent on government.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57514609-503544/romney-to-campaign-donors-obama-voters-dependent-see-selves-as-victims/

Romney admits government dependent voters wont vote for him

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/17/romney-obamas-47-of-the-electorate-is-dependent-on-government/

Romney:

"The economy is struggling because the government is too big, and we're going to bring it down to size," Romney told about 400 people at the event organized by the Independence Hall Tea Party. "This campaign is going to be fun. The contrast could not be greater."

Obama has never done this nor does he plan to.

So explain to us how they are both think government is the answer.

KC
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM
What you said exactly:

Through actions and words, Obama and Romney have shown that they think the government is the answer

Right. I didn't say they think exactly the same. They believe government is the answer to many of our problems today. That is a fact that is demonstrated by Romney/Obama's actions in health care legislation and Obama's signing the NDAA (which Mitt Romney said he'd also sign).

This discussion is over unless you are able to admit you completely mischaracterized my statements.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Right. I didn't say they think exactly the same. They believe government is the answer to many of our problems today.

Which you still haven't proven.

That is a fact that is demonstrated by Romney/Obama's actions in health care legislation and Obama's signing the NDAA (which Mitt Romney said he'd also sign).

Romney already said he wants to repeal Obamacare. Your argument has no merit to the current positions.

This discussion is over unless you are able to admit you completely mischaracterized my statements.

Fine. You didn't say exactly. You just said they both did it. Wow the contrast is just incredible isn't it.

Now you do realize government goes beyond health care right? Back up your position and try addressing the evidence I presented to you.

If you really believe your lie that they both think government is the answer then you should have plenty of facts to back that crap up..

Let's see them.

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I live in a swing state, VA. Possibly the swing state. So I will vote for Romney. If I lived in a blue state or red state I would vote 3rd party to express my displeasure with the GOP.

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Idont want any more historically failed ideas running the country so I choose Obama.

The republican party has doubled down on the ideas that have crashed the world economy twicw now in one lifetime

If you get specific we can have a rational debate.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I live in a swing state, VA. Possibly the swing state. So I will vote for Romney. If I lived in a blue state or red state I would vote 3rd party to express my displeasure with the GOP.

Can't argue with that. If you live in a solid blue state with no chance then by all means.

Captain Obvious
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM

That's my strategy.

Obama's likely going to get PA where I vote, and I'll keep an eye on the polls up until election day and if it looks like Obama's state, I'm voting Johnson.

If there's a snowballs chance Romney can win PA, Romney gets my vote.

Chris
10-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Thats what I thought. More cowardice.

Thanks for staying predictable.

What, didn't like the answer to your question? Tough beans.

When you going to answer my question: "Tell us, tex, how would one go about proving, or disproving, your challenge: "I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government"?"

texmaster
10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
What, didn't like the answer to your question? Tough beans.

LOL Another lie. You never answered it. What you actually said:

You concluded it was a meaningless question. You never answered it.

Just another predictable lie. That's our Chris. :)

When you going to answer my question: "Tell us, tex, how would one go about proving, or disproving, your challenge: "I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government"?"

When you answer my question I'll be happy to :)

Chris
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
LOL Another lie. You never answered it. What you actually said:

You concluded it was a meaningless question. You never answered it.

Just another predictable lie. That's our Chris. :)

When you answer my question I'll be happy to :)

OK, so you just didn't like my answer. Drat!

And, tex, context, OK, I didn't say your question was meaningless, I said your challenge contained a meme that is meaningless in the way you use it, and it is unless you can provide some meaning for it. Tell us, tex, how would one go about proving, or disproving, your challenge: "I challenge you to prove Obama and Romney think exactly the same way when it comes to government.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
OK, so you just didn't like my answer. Drat!

You didn't answer it! LOL

Typical cowardice. Come back when you can actually answer my question. Concluding you didn't like the question isn't answering it genius :)

Chris
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
You didn't answer it! LOL

Typical cowardice. Come back when you can actually answer my question. Concluding you didn't like the question isn't answering it genius :)

Once again all you got is unimpressive ad hom. Pure emotional fallacy, no rational discussion forthcoming.

KC
10-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Fine. You didn't say exactly. You just said they both did it. Wow the contrast is just incredible isn't it.

The contrast is important in the light of the statement I was making. Asking me to prove how they are exactly the same is a fool's errand. No two people are exactly the same. My statement was that they both believe in government as an answer. Obama believes that more government can lead to economic success. Sometimes Mitt Romney doesn't. Mitt Romney seems to think that government should promote traditional values. Sometimes Barack Obama doesn't. Both are advocating big government in two different ways and saying to their constituents that government is an answer to the questions they are driving at. By that reasoning, both candidates think that government is the answer.

Now the similarities do not stop there or at health care. Obama has increased the scope of the federal government in national security. Mitt Romney has stated that he would do the same. For example, Mitt Romney said that he would have signed the National Defense Authorization Act:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FUZoPnYjx0g

Mitt Romney also stands by his earlier statements that TARP was the right thing to do. As you know, TARP was a government program which was aimed at stopping the economy from falling under. Therefore it is an example of Mitt Romney endorsing government intervention as a solution to real world problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMo1e--_Co

We know that Barack Obama supports both of these because he signed them both.

I can only do this so long. You don't seem to be swayed by any amount of evidence, but here's a video that someone else compiled of areas where Obama and Romney's positions overlap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDJEc92d38

Chris
10-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Criminy this is too simple.

Romney: "My promise is to help you and your family."

Reagan: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

WalterSobchak
10-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Reagan: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Oh dear, I believe tex has said he worships Reagan. Yet he LOVES Obamney! YIKES!

texmaster
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Once again all you got is unimpressive ad hom. Pure emotional fallacy, no rational discussion forthcoming.

You are the one running away as usual like a coward when you are asked a direct question.

What is so hard about that Chris?

Answer mine and I'll be happy to answer yours :)

texmaster
10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
The contrast is important in the light of the statement I was making. Asking me to prove how they are exactly the same is a fool's errand. No two people are exactly the same. My statement was that they both believe in government as an answer. Obama believes that more government can lead to economic success. Sometimes Mitt Romney doesn't. Mitt Romney seems to think that government should promote traditional values. Sometimes Barack Obama doesn't. Both are advocating big government in two different ways and saying to their constituents that government is an answer to the questions they are driving at. By that reasoning, both candidates think that government is the answer.

Now the similarities do not stop there or at health care. Obama has increased the scope of the federal government in national security. Mitt Romney has stated that he would do the same. For example, Mitt Romney said that he would have signed the National Defense Authorization Act:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FUZoPnYjx0g

Mitt Romney also stands by his earlier statements that TARP was the right thing to do. As you know, TARP was a government program which was aimed at stopping the economy from falling under. Therefore it is an example of Mitt Romney endorsing government intervention as a solution to real world problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMo1e--_Co

We know that Barack Obama supports both of these because he signed them both.

I can only do this so long. You don't seem to be swayed by any amount of evidence, but here's a video that someone else compiled of areas where Obama and Romney's positions overlap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDJEc92d38

You've already admitted they aren't the same so it goes against your Bullshit premise both think governemnt is the solution.

Not true. You have FINALLY produced at least some evidence to support your claim.

What you fail to acknowledge is the differences I pointed out between them.

If Romney believed that government was the solution he would never have admitted people who live on government wont vote for him. Thats the fallacy of your claim. Of course you are going to find programs they both believe in. The difference is Romney does not believe in government dependency as I proved and you have failed to acknowledge.

Trinnity
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm a libertarian, registered as "unaffiliated" (independent) and by now everyone knows who I'm voting for....

texmaster
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM

LOL Typical lying Chris.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7420058n

That is the actual video. NOWHERE did Romney say he would use the government to help them.

Your lies are beyond pathetic Chris. Seriously, are you sure you aren't a liberal? Thats exactly what they do.

And Regan said: Let it show on the record that when the American people cried out for economic help, Jimmy Carter (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter) took refuge behind a dictionary.

Just because someone says they want to help the American people does not mean they always want government to do it.

Stop lying for just a few minutes and try honesty for a change.

texmaster
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Oh dear, I believe tex has said he worships Reagan. Yet he LOVES Obamney! YIKES!

More lies from Walter. So typical. Never did I say I worshiped Regan nor do I love Romney.

More lies from a typical source.

Chris
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
You are the one running away as usual like a coward when you are asked a direct question.

What is so hard about that Chris?

Answer mine and I'll be happy to answer yours :)

Duh, I'm right here, tex, not going anywhere. This seems to be your modus operandi, to get an answer you don't like--or perhaps fail to understand--and pretend it didn't happen.

Here, watch, I'll answer again, and you'll not even see it--whooosh!

When did demanding proof of an argument become a meme?

When you can't explain in a meaningful way what you even mean by it.

Answer mine and I'll be happy to answer yours

I'm not going to hold my breath, what is it now, 3, 4 pages and you've refused to answer what you mean by your meme.

Chris
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL Typical lying Chris.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7420058n

That is the actual video. NOWHERE did Romney say he would use the government to help them.

Your lies are beyond pathetic Chris. Seriously, are you sure you aren't a liberal? Thats exactly what they do.

And Regan said: Let it show on the record that when the American people cried out for economic help, Jimmy Carter (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter) took refuge behind a dictionary.

Just because someone says they want to help the American people does not mean they always want government to do it.

Stop lying for just a few minutes and try honesty for a change.

And typical tex to burst into another emotional tirade.

KC
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
You've already admitted they aren't the same so it goes against your Bullshit premise both think governemnt is the solution.

Not true. You have FINALLY produced at least some evidence to support your claim.

What you fail to acknowledge is the differences I pointed out between them.

If Romney believed that government was the solution he would never have admitted people who live on government wont vote for him. Thats the fallacy of your claim. Of course you are going to find programs they both believe in. The difference is Romney does not believe in government dependency as I proved and you have failed to acknowledge.

The differences you pointed out between them are rhetorical and reflect little about what the candidates have said and done that constitutes increasing government. Of course Mitt Romney will play to the Right and say he doesn't think government is the solution. He's a politician. The specific policy proposals and his own words have shown that in many cases Mittens thinks government should be involved.

TARP, NDAA, Obamacare/Romneycare, gun control are all instances of government policy intended to be a solution, and they are issues where the two candidates have nearly identical positions.

By the way, the fact that I acknowledge differences in their positions isn't an admission that one is pro government and the other is small government. Neither is small government minded yet there are other ways in which Obama and Romney have carved out their differences.

Chris
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3zipb9Bu0

About the 23 second mark in the video he says exactly what I cited, "My promise is to help you and your family."

Now tex says that doesn't mean as part of the government. So, what, is Romney going to send each of us a fat check in the mail?

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I may have missed it. Who voted that they were not going to vote?

Chris
10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
I may have missed it. Who voted that they were not going to vote?

Me. I was going to vote Libertarian, but Johnson hasn't impressed me much--where's Badnarik? Thus I see no viable choices.

Dispondent
10-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Third parties are in no position to do anything positive. I don't think anyone thinks four more years of Obama is the answer. Until third parties develop themselves and gain substantial appeal, we all move further from any of the goals libertarians and republicans would rather see on the economic front, which at the moment is the most important issue. Every step further to the left will only take longer for everyone not a socialist loser to get closer to their intended goals...

Chris
10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I understand voting for a third party candidate or any candidate if one represents your principles as such. Voting for third parties is the only way to empower them to compete with the imo indistinguishable duopoly. I no longer get voting against someone. Way I see it all roads to serfdom are paved with good intentions.

KC
10-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Third parties are in no position to do anything positive. I don't think anyone thinks four more years of Obama is the answer. Until third parties develop themselves and gain substantial appeal, we all move further from any of the goals libertarians and republicans would rather see on the economic front, which at the moment is the most important issue. Every step further to the left will only take longer for everyone not a socialist loser to get closer to their intended goals...

For those of us who think that there is no viable candidate offering a good answer third parties provide an alternative to not voting. That's my reason for voting Libertarian this election, anyhow.