PDA

View Full Version : Only Ayman Zuwahiri and al Qaeda can save Mutant from defeat .

Carygrant
10-03-2012, 12:51 AM
How ironic that the only ammunition left in Mutant's arsenal is the probable attacks by alQaeda franchises , specifically planned to upset Obamas chances of Presidential re-election .
We all know that the Fundamentalists all over the world have repeatedly toyed with the might of the US military .Now they are set to direct American internal events .
War fare is now all about winning people's minds .
The US are no longer fit for purpose in this key area , despite their misplaced sheer might . Tragically , clue less , is far more apposite .
Is this the time to restructure NATO , removing the many failed US Generals whose minds are no longer the types needed in the 21 st century war arena ?
Look at the parliamentary results in Georgia and Russian action . Putrid hasn't even had to mobilise one of their out of date rusty tanks to completely remove the US from significant presence both in Russia itself ( two weeks notice for American NGOs to get out ) plus making sure that "Russia" has grabbed back the Georgian political reins of power .

http://www.debka.com/article/22398/More-Al-Qaeda-pre-US-election-attacks-forecast-Americans-quietly-lifted-out

URF8
10-03-2012, 01:48 AM
Is this the time to restructure NATO...

Do you support the continued existence of NATO? If so, why? If not, why not?

Carygrant
10-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Do you support the continued existence of NATO? If so, why? If not, why not?

It's a killer question .
My guess is that in the extremely unlikely event of Canada and major EU countries withdrawing , the US would attempt to carry on regardless . However , without any major change in their own and mainly selfish and greedy strategy , there would then be a huge risk that countries previously assumed to be "pals" , would move further and further away in terms of political support , let alone military direct contribution . Ethical and longer term decisions would be classed as more important than our current ways of doing things .
The big problem in my mind is that the umbrella of a US dominated NATO covers a variety of objectives -- some are of critical importance , some are reasonably important and others seem mainly parts of the over all US agenda and almost incidental, compared to others
As examples of this split , I suggest
Keeping waterways open for the distribution of key goods , mainly Oil and liquefied gas .Critical
Preserving an effective chalk line beween the Russian Federation . Possibly important
Helping each other in small spats . Possibly incidental in the greater scheme of things .
Even if such a view is reasonable and useful , they are not mutually exclusive . And at the worst , failure to assist in more crucial matters will lead to later punishments when assistance is perhaps needed elsewhere . Blackmail .
Two factors which might change the bigger picture .
The world moves quickly ( 20 years max'm) from Oil to Gas of which there is a huge amount almost everywhere . I believe that through Shale Gas the US is now a net exporter and if the necessity for Oil quickly declines , the US will be OK for all internal needs .
Instantly the rationale for NATO changes hugely .
The other factor is China and what view one sensibly takes about its expansionist plans .

If I was in charge here I probably would get out of NATO and immediately solve financial matters by cutting defence spending by 75% . I would rely on six nuclear submarines as an invasion deterrent plus Cyber Strategy brilliance .
I would make Norway my number one trading pal for gas and water and for the first time improve the lives of people from top to bottom with emphasis on the middle and downwards .
Pipe dream ? Of course .
An off the cuff response to a very complex question

URF8
10-03-2012, 03:12 AM
NATO no longer has a rationale for existence. Europe has the potential to defend itself. If Europe decides that's an important objective it can do so of its own volition.

American defense commitments should be limited to Canada as the natural object of fraternal affection. Canada needs American assistance in defending its Far North. Other than that I can't see American military involvement with another nation or in the eastern hemisphere.

What happens within China will be determined by the Chinese people...who are a pretty nationalistic lot. What happens in the neighbors of China depends on how well those neighbors are armed.

Britain will end up sharing a rowboat with the French and call it the Royal Navy. My God, how the mighty have fallen!

Canada has oil sands, while America has natural gas and shale oil. These energy sources exist in enormous quantities. Tapping those sources will create good paying jobs. Few things are more important than the creation of good paying jobs.

Carygrant
10-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Nearly total agreement in principle . Not too happy about only having a row boat , let alone sharing it with a Garlic brain . .
Perhaps you are over rating defensive needs through current conventional means .
I can see no need for any navy other than those nuclear subs .
The role of the army will be close to non existent .
All present style war fare will be from the air and computers .
Nobody is going to invade us . We will be used for education and culture but the weather is not good enough to warrant moving here .

We will invade people's minds , not their back gardens .
Once we have got over the desperate need for energy independence we will judge people on qualitative measures .
We are therefore more likely to be good pals with Russia than the US -- as a broad generalisation .

URF8
10-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Britain making friends with Russia is like a herd of cattle making friends with a rancher.

Carygrant
10-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Britain making friends with Russia is like a herd of cattle making friends with a rancher.

Such matters can rarely be answered other than on a judgement basis .
I believe that Putrid takes our belligerent stance against Russian thuggery very seriously . Neither country can do much to effectively hurt the other , but behind the scenes both know that being respectful neighbours has huge advantages and does not require being pals as well .
The business potential in Russia is enormous and if Gazprom starts to have big problems --- and that has already begun , imo , Russia will quickly do a major shift with Putrid gone and holed up in one of his several personal palaces with his minimum $100 billion .