PDA

View Full Version : Conservative host: 'We've created this monster' of fact-hating right-wing voter

decedent
08-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Conservative radio host: ‘We’ve created this monster’ of fact-hating right-wing voter
(https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/conservative-radio-host-weve-created-this-monster-of-fact-hating-right-wing-voters/)

In an interview with Business Insider’s Oliver Darcy, a conservative radio host lamented the fact that conservative media has conditioned its followers to distrust the mainstream media so much that they have become fact-free “monsters.”

In a tweet promoting an upcoming piece on rightwing media, Darcy posted an excerpt from an interview with conservative radio host Charlie Sykes who claims candidates like Donald Trump can say anything on the stump without fear of being fact-checked by the likes of Fox News or conservative websites.

“We’ve basically eliminated any of the referees, the gatekeepers. There’s nobody. Let’s say that Donald Trump basically makes whatever you want to say, whatever claim he wants to make. And everybody knows it’s a falsehood,” he explained. “The big question of my audience, it is impossible for me to say that. ‘By the way, you know it’s false.’ And they’ll say, ‘Why? I saw it on Allen B. West.’ Or they’ll say, ‘I saw it on a Facebook page.’ And I’ll say, ‘The New York Times did a fact check.’ And they’ll say, Oh, that’s The New York Times. That’s bullshit.'”

According to Sykes, any attempts to continue fighting back against misinformation is dismissed with complaints that he has “sold out,” adding, “Then they’ll ask what’s wrong with me for not repeating these stories that I know not to be true.”

Trump was against the Iraq war, the media is unfairly against him, the general election will be rigged, his campaign is self-funded, he didn't go bankrupt, Hillary wants to confiscate guns, the economy isn't growing, Obama founded ISIS.

Cigar
08-15-2016, 01:17 PM
:grin: It's a great spectator sport

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Conservative radio host: ‘We’ve created this monster’ of fact-hating right-wing voter
(https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/conservative-radio-host-weve-created-this-monster-of-fact-hating-right-wing-voters/)

Trump was against the Iraq war, the media is unfairly against him, the general election will be rigged, his campaign is self-funded, he didn't go bankrupt, Hillary wants to confiscate guns, the economy isn't growing, Obama founded ISIS.

correct on all responses.....you get an A

Oboe
08-15-2016, 01:22 PM
First post he ever told the truth in.

Mark III
08-15-2016, 01:23 PM
:grin: It's a great spectator sport

The country needs to have Donald Trump in it's rear view mirror. The sooner he is gone the better for the country ( like the plague). I don't care if it is fun or funny for some people. His existence as a potential president is a disaster for America.

Subdermal
08-15-2016, 01:28 PM
The country needs to have Donald Trump in it's rear view mirror. The sooner he is gone the better for the country ( like the plague). I don't care if it is fun or funny for some people. His existence as a potential president is a disaster for America.

The plague is liberalism. Like - for instance - the liberalism which has ruled Milwaukee unabated for nearly 100 years. Like that liberalism, which kills any city in which its attempted.

That's what needs to be in our rear-view mirror. Liberalism isn't a potential disaster for America; it has wrought disaster upon America already.

Oboe
08-15-2016, 01:29 PM

He will be, in about 8 years.

decedent
08-15-2016, 03:35 PM
correct on all responses.....you get an A

First post he ever told the truth in.

So Obama founded ISIS, huh.

stjames1_53
08-15-2016, 04:13 PM
another correct response.

Cletus
08-15-2016, 05:52 PM

He and his SecState may not have founded it, but they were its greatest enablers. They created the power vacuum that allowed ISIS to flourish and grow into such a powerful regional force.

decedent
08-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Trump stated more than once that Obama founded ISIS.

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 07:46 PM
These guys are poster children for the conditioning mentioned in the OP, You will never get them to admit those things are false. We will probably have to wait a generation to get conservatives who can think for themselves again, and that's only if the leadership wises up and quits brainwashing them.

decedent
08-15-2016, 07:48 PM
These guys are poster children for the conditioning mentioned in the OP, You will never get them to admit those things are false. We will probably have to wait a generation to get conservatives who can think for themselves again, and that's only if the leadership wises up and quits brainwashing them.

Are you saying that Obama didn't create ISIS in 1999 when he was a state Senator? Are you calling Trump a liar?

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Are you saying that Obama didn't create ISIS in 1999 when he was a state Senator? Are you calling Trump a liar?
Introduce me to the guy, I'll call him a liar to his face.

Newpublius
08-15-2016, 10:15 PM

They've started how many wars, put how many thousands of bodies into the ground, supported torture, racked up $19tn in debt, and the 'small government' party, despite controlling Congress, proposed adding $66bn to the federal budget.

Those facts enough for you?

Mac-7
08-15-2016, 11:27 PM
I never heard of this guy Sykes.

But if the republican party establishment were not so put of touch with base republican voters trump would not have happened

debbietoo
08-16-2016, 06:47 AM

I think people are beginning to notice how Trump changes his positions once the polls dip. You never know what he will do or say. Also, the fact that many prominent Republicans refuse to back him and want to stop funding Trump is a really bad sign. He's already lost the election.

Common
08-16-2016, 06:50 AM
I think people are beginning to notice how Trump changes his positions once the polls dip. You never know what he will do or say. Also, the fact that many prominent Republicans refuse to back him and want to stop funding Trump is a really bad sign. He's already lost the election.

The prominent republicans you speak of are neocons that are scared to death trump will ruin their wall street relationship and the lobbiest deals they make to enrich themselves. They prefer hillary because she is better at it than they are and have NO fear she will interrupt their good thing.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 06:53 AM

Who in the hell is Oliver Darcy???? Some self proclaimed conservative? :rofl:

The only thing more false and dumber than the claim this twit is a conservative is this notion that the main stream media is fact filled and informative. You really have to be a dumb, naïve leftist shill to swallow the crap put out by these people.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 06:58 AM

:rofl: The next eight years of the Trump Presidency is going to be fascinating. :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 06:59 AM
The plague is liberalism. Like - for instance - the liberalism which has ruled Milwaukee unabated for nearly 100 years. Like that liberalism, which kills any city in which its attempted.

That's what needs to be in our rear-view mirror. Liberalism isn't a potential disaster for America; it has wrought disaster upon America already.

^Spot on!! I cannot imagine a better summary of what needs to happen in America in as few a words.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:00 AM

In a way, he allowed them to become the massive threat in the ME they have become. Own it! :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:01 AM
Trump stated more than once that Obama founded ISIS.

:rofl: I love how Donald gives liberals fits and tantrums.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:09 AM

Was this false?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS6FOf9M0q0

It is the pinnacle of irony when leftists who supported the current liar and chief who has done NOTHING but prevent transparency in Government, whine about someone who they claim is lying.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:10 AM
They've started how many wars, put how many thousands of bodies into the ground, supported torture, racked up $19tn in debt, and the 'small government' party, despite controlling Congress, proposed adding $66bn to the federal budget.

Those facts enough for you?

It is apparent from this rant that you couldn't comprehend fact from fiction....boy. :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:11 AM
I never heard of this guy Sykes.

But if the republican party establishment were not so put of touch with base republican voters trump would not have happened

There is a lot of truth in this statement. But it is not just Republicans who are supporting Trump; that is where the leftist media, the establishment Republicans and the DNC are getting this all wrong.

Common Sense
08-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Trump supporters aren't that bright.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:16 AM

More irony; Obama was against gay marriage before he was for it. Hillary was for the war in Iraq before she was against it. Obama claimed he would shut down Gitmo before he was against it. Obama proposed a red line in the sand of Syria before he claimed he didn't say it. Obama stated he ended the war in Iraq before he claimed he never made the claim.

Liberals have ZERO ground to lecture ANYONE about supporting liars or changes in positions based on the inept, corrupt, sociopathic lying candidates they support.

TOP 10 Biggest Lies Obama Told Everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI91Uup2zUY

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 07:17 AM

Irony!! :rofl:

stjames1_53
08-16-2016, 07:20 AM

we're bright enough to know that you Libs are draining our pockets with all your feel-good progroms, while the dead-beat liberals demand more.

Jets
08-16-2016, 07:23 AM

To the bolded:

Not for anything but many politicians switch gears depending on how far one wants to climb the political ladder. Al Gore and Bill Clinton were pro-life at one time. George H.W. Bush was borderline pro-choice. Both Barack Obama and Hilliary Clinton were proponents of civil unions and not for same sex marriage.

Subdermal
08-16-2016, 07:41 AM
To the bolded:

Not for anything but many politicians switch gears depending on how far one wants to climb the political ladder. Al Gore and Bill Clinton were pro-life at one time. George H.W. Bush was borderline pro-choice. Both Barack Obama and Hilliary Clinton were proponents of civil unions and not for same sex marriage.

You'll not get a response, as open discourse is not the goal with her.

Yes, that's what goading looks like.

Jets
08-16-2016, 07:49 AM
You'll not get a response, as open discourse is not the goal with her.

Yes, that's what goading looks like.

Unfortunately, I'm a part timer myself. I don't know people here well enough to see who the "talkers" are.

:)

Common Sense
08-16-2016, 07:49 AM
we're bright enough to know that you Libs are draining our pockets with all your feel-good progroms, while the dead-beat liberals demand more.

What's a feel good progrom?

I stand by what I said and Trump supporters prove my assertion daily.

stjames1_53
08-16-2016, 07:57 AM
What's a feel good progrom?

I stand by what I said and Trump supporters prove my assertion daily.

feel good progroms.............free medical for the illegal aliens, free food for the illegal aliens, a failing ACA, free housing for the illegal aliens, free Obama phones, free lawyers for the illegals, the we get into why frogs croak...etc
Those alone run into the billions of dollars a year

...assertion daily
of course you meant insertions

Common Sense
08-16-2016, 08:18 AM
Like I was saying...

Standing Wolf
08-16-2016, 08:19 AM
The Republican Party has to offer its more intelligent and reasonable followers a viable candidate for the Presidency and tell its latent Trumpinistas to go pound sand. As soon after the inauguration of HRC the better. The country needs a two-party system to keep that dynamic balance in place - the one that has served us so well as a nation for so long. America doesn't need one of those two Parties clustered around an ignorant, raving nutcase.

stjames1_53
08-16-2016, 08:24 AM
Like I was saying...

it's like saying nothing at all

maineman
08-16-2016, 08:24 AM

the same liberalism that wrought such disasters as women's suffrage, child labor laws, minimum wage, workplace safety, the rights for unions to organize, the 40 hour work week, environmental protection, social security, medicare, medicaid, civil rights, voting rights, gay rights..... THAT liberalism???? THOSE disasters???

Subdermal
08-16-2016, 08:35 AM
the same liberalism that wrought such disasters as women's suffrage, child labor laws, minimum wage, workplace safety, the rights for unions to organize, the 40 hour work week, environmental protection, social security, medicare, medicaid, civil rights, voting rights, gay rights..... THAT liberalism???? THOSE disasters???

Without attempting to question the goodness of all of those things (and I could do so, easily, as at least 2 of them are concocted false attributions, and at least 4 of them are BAD)...

Nitroglycerin can treat heart ailments.

It can also blow you up.

Apparently you're ok with destroying black culture and inner cities across the US, because of other things you love.

Plantation owners were ok with enslaving blacks because they harvested cotton and other crops.

Their rationalizations ran deep as well.

maineman
08-16-2016, 08:56 AM
applauding social security is merely rationalizing slavery. got it.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 09:35 AM
Was this false?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS6FOf9M0q0

It is the pinnacle of irony when leftists who supported the current liar and chief who has done NOTHING but prevent transparency in Government, whine about someone who they claim is lying.
Yes, actually both of those are false.

Why do you think they call it "faux news"?

Oh, sorry faux:

adjective
made in imitation; artificial.
"a string of faux pearls"
not genuine; fake or false.
"their faux concern for the well-being of the voters didn't fool many"

stjames1_53
08-16-2016, 10:22 AM
I heard him (Obama) say, in a few of his press forays, that if I liked my insurance, doctor that I could keep them. False narratives designed to push a bill that couldn't be read until after it was passed.
Since them good old days, I've lost both, my original plan AND my doctor.
ACA has only risen in price, as a tax.
So I heard it, and Obama said it

Cletus
08-16-2016, 10:48 AM
The Republican Party has to offer its more intelligent and reasonable followers a viable candidate for the Presidency and tell its latent Trumpinistas to go pound sand.

Trump is a statement to the "establishment" Republicans that it is time for a real change in the way Washington does business. The Republican Party has become too much like the Democrat Party. That is why Trump has risen.

As soon after the inauguration of HRC the better.

The absolute worst thing that could happen to this country right now is Clinton becoming President. How anyone can support that "thing" for the Presidency just makes no sense to me. I understand some of the people on the board here who walk around with their heads up their asses all the time buying into her nonsense, but there are one or two otherwise rational people, like yourself who seem to have had a dose of the Kool Aid and can't shake it off.

Let me ask you... WHY do you support her candidacy? She was a terrible failure as SecState. She had no accomplishments of note in the Senate. Were she not married to a former President, no one would even know or care that she exists. Is it because she is female? Is it because she is a Democrat? Is it because she is married to Bill and you see her as a way to get her husband back into the White House? I can think of no rational reason to vote for Clinton.

The country needs a two-party system to keep that dynamic balance in place - the one that has served us so well as a nation for so long. America doesn't need one of those two Parties clustered around an ignorant, raving nutcase.

It is because the two parties have become indistinguishable from each other that Trump has captured the support of so many. I agree with you though that country does not need one of them to clustered around an ignorant, raving nutcase. I would add dishonest, irresponsible, arrogant... That is why I cannot understand why any thinking person would support Clinton for President.

decedent
08-16-2016, 10:50 AM
:rofl: I love how Donald gives liberals fits and tantrums.

I'm calm, but his lies bother me.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 10:59 AM
To the bolded:

Most politicians do change their positions occasionally. Usually over months or years though, not every 15 minutes, and not every position they have.

Standing Wolf
08-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Let me ask you... WHY do you support her candidacy?

Bottom line and in a nutshell...because the only alternative is this.

http://abastomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/donald-trump.jpg

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Bottom line and in a nutshell...because the only alternative is this.

http://abastomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/donald-trump.jpgIs the title of that pic "pull my finger, quick!"?

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:06 PM

Haven't read any of the comments yet, but I'm predicting a major derpfest. Is the reason you didn't make this a tPF thread because you like train wrecks?

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:08 PM
He will be, in about 8 years.

Unless some 2nd Amendment person steps in to shorten that time.

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:12 PM

Depends on what you mean by "founded." I've noticed that con(artist)servatives just love redefining the meanings of words. You know, like: War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength.

That last, of course, is quite apropos to the article.

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:17 PM
He and his SecState may not have founded it, but they were its greatest enablers. They created the power vacuum that allowed ISIS to flourish and grow into such a powerful regional force.

Actually, I believe that process was started by Georgie Bush when he went after "the man that tried to kill my papa." Saddam Husein had things pretty much under control in terms of sitting on radical Islam. Then the neocons - i.e.: Republicans - went and toppled Saddam and created a power vacuum.

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:28 PM

But without this lack of critical thinking skills among their sheeplike followers, the whole philosophy and platform of current day conservatism self-destructs. Functionally, conservatism's entire purpose is to be a social/cultural/political drag-anchor to counter the occasional excesses of run-amuck nutty liberalism (such as, for example, the derpfest that the "Great Society" became). But today's conservatives have wedded the natural and beneficial functions of anchor to a bizarre blend of 1984-ish tropes and memes and evangelical, superstitious, witch-burning derp.

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Who in the hell is Oliver Darcy???? Some self proclaimed conservative?

Who in the hell is Truth Detector???? Some self proclaimed conservative?:rofl:

OGIS
08-16-2016, 12:38 PM
:rofl: The next eight years of the Trump Presidency is going to be fascinating. :rofl:

Unless some 2nd Amendment person makes it not so.

decedent
08-16-2016, 05:32 PM
29% of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for botched 2005 Katrina response. (28% blame GW Bush.)

Sent from my clubbing baby seal phone

Common Sense
08-16-2016, 05:34 PM
29% of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for botched 2005 Katrina response. (28% blame GW Bush.)

LOL...I thought you were joking, but you're not.

OGIS
08-16-2016, 06:38 PM

Q: Where do baby seals club?
A: They don't; they are underage and so can't get in a club.

/Here all week try the fish tip your waitress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

decedent
08-16-2016, 08:22 PM
We Put Trump Quotes on Pictures of Clinton and Here's What Happened
(http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7039245/we-put-trump-quotes-on-pictures-of-clinton-and-heres-what-happened?utm_source=Facebook.com&utm_medium=mops&utm_content=clicksgoal&utm_campaign=yh)
Yesterday, we decided to do a little experiment. We took a bunch of racist quotes that Donald Trump said and attributed them Hillary Clinton. At the bottom of the post, which we titled 13 Quotes Hillary Clinton Is a Bigot (http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7039235/whoever-shares-this-is-dumb), we put the following disclaimer:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/98/49/642c1d7b5138adf646f8fe927b758d9e.jpg

So far this image has been shared 1,895 times. Some used it to convince people to vote for Trump:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/46/61/6dd8bf9a1e7b550201d05d42295597ea.jpg

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/20/15/860b12c0cb356586d08ee13ee041c177.jpg

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/53/16/57eb60d569ea9ae4a49bb59dca21e340.jpg

maineman
08-16-2016, 08:51 PM
RWNJ's: stupid, gullible, and angry.... a dangerous combination.

Mac-7
08-17-2016, 02:42 AM
Actually, I believe that process was started by Georgie Bush when he went after "the man that tried to kill my papa."

Saddam Husein had things pretty much under control in terms of sitting on radical Islam. Then the neocons - i.e.: Republicans - went and toppled Saddam and created a power vacuum.

That comes straight out of liberal fantasy land

Mac-7
08-17-2016, 02:49 AM
We Put Trump Quotes on Pictures of Clinton and Here's What Happened
(http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7039245/we-put-trump-quotes-on-pictures-of-clinton-and-heres-what-happened?utm_source=Facebook.com&utm_medium=mops&utm_content=clicksgoal&utm_campaign=yh)
Yesterday, we decided to do a little experiment. We took a bunch of racist quotes that Donald Trump said and attributed them Hillary Clinton. At the bottom of the post, which we titled 13 Quotes Hillary Clinton Is a Bigot (http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7039235/whoever-shares-this-is-dumb), we put the following disclaimer:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/98/49/642c1d7b5138adf646f8fe927b758d9e.jpg

So far this image has been shared 1,895 times. Some used it to convince people to vote for Trump:

http://2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/46/61/6dd8bf9a1e7b550201d05d42295597ea.jpg

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/20/15/860b12c0cb356586d08ee13ee041c177.jpg

http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/53/16/57eb60d569ea9ae4a49bb59dca21e340.jpg

Do you have any evidence that trump said black people are lazy?

maineman
08-17-2016, 06:35 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-courtship-of-black-voters-hampered-by-decades-of-race-controversies/2016/07/19/d9822250-4d2e-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

Truth Detector
08-17-2016, 06:53 AM
RWNJ's: stupid, gullible, and angry.... a dangerous combination.

^Truly the definition of irony. Thank you for illustrating it so brilliantly Popeye. :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-17-2016, 06:57 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-courtship-of-black-voters-hampered-by-decades-of-race-controversies/2016/07/19/d9822250-4d2e-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

So wait; let me get this right....it is now a FACT when someone claims someone said something in a book and that person making the claims had been FIRED by the person he attributes the quotes to. :rofl:

Liberals are the biggest lying, dumb hypocrites on the planet.

I love the smell of leftist desperation.

debbietoo
08-17-2016, 09:11 AM
The prominent republicans you speak of are neocons that are scared to death trump will ruin their wall street relationship and the lobbiest deals they make to enrich themselves. They prefer hillary because she is better at it than they are and have NO fear she will interrupt their good thing.

Hillary may have her faults, but Trump scares me a lot more! I wanted Bernie Sanders.

debbietoo
08-17-2016, 09:13 AM

Did she really say that? I think that is more true of Hispanics. I am not prejudice in any way, but I have noticed that. Whites can be just as lazy. It depends on the person. This is not on subject. I am watching CNN right now. I cannot stand that dark haired spokeswoman for Donald Trump. She is so cocky and doesn't know what she is talking about sometimes! Her name is Katrina Pierson.

maineman
08-17-2016, 09:32 AM
That comes straight out of liberal fantasy land

what about that is untrue? Was there a large number of Islamic extremists operating in Iraq BEFORE we toppled Saddam?