PDA

View Full Version : tPF I think it's a given that all politicians lie at times

AZ Jim
08-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Sometimes it's intentional others as a result of misunderstanding but inevitably they do lie. Trump has repeatedly called Clinton a liar and his little parrots repeat it endlessly. The facts are somewhat different. Now this will get a denial from the trump robots but here are the facts about who the REAL liar is: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/comparing-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-truth-o-met/

Bethere
08-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Sometimes it's intentional others as a result of misunderstanding but inevitably they do lie. Trump has repeatedly called Clinton a liar and his little parrots repeat it endlessly. The facts are somewhat different. Now this will get a denial from the trump robots but here are the facts about who the REAL liar is: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/comparing-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-truth-o-met/

That is really mindbending.

hanger4
08-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Again, one lies about innocuous things and one lies to cover up her incompetence concerning national security.

Your choice.

Oboe
08-15-2016, 01:52 PM

What's mind bending? That you believe another biased media hit job, or that Jimmy boy posted it?

Bethere
08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
What's mind bending? That you believe another biased media hit job, or that Jimmy boy posted it?

Your guy lies so much that the listener doesn't have enough time to refute them all.

hanger4
08-15-2016, 02:19 PM
Your guy lies so much that the listener doesn't have enough time to refute them all.

As opposed to the OIG report and the FBI investigation refuting Hillary's statements concerning her email kerfuffel.

Chris
08-15-2016, 02:24 PM
Oboe has been thread banned at the request of the OP, AZ Jim. Please do not respond to oboe any further in this thread. If you have questions contact the OP of this tPF thread.

Bethere
08-15-2016, 02:49 PM
As opposed to the OIG report and the FBI investigation refuting Hillary's statements concerning her email kerfuffel.

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Cigar
08-15-2016, 03:40 PM

It's not only expected, it's required ...

Trump Supporters get a kick out of Trumps Lies .... excuse me, I mean straight talk :laugh:

Cigar
08-15-2016, 03:42 PM
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-xss74wG3vN0/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/V-j15LbjeVU/s240-c-k-no-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg (http://www.getlinkyoutube.com/search.html?q=ohbe)

hanger4
08-15-2016, 04:22 PM
It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

I thought you learned your lesson. Attempting to use my sig line as some sort of refutation just shows how utterly bereft you are of a response.

You fail yet again Bethere but that's cool, I've grown accustomed to your failings.

Cletus
08-15-2016, 05:44 PM
@Oboe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1977) has been thread banned at the request of the OP, @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901). Please do not respond to oboe any further in this thread. If you have questions contact the OP of this tPF thread.

AZ Jim... What forum rule did Oboe break? Please be specific. According to the rules of the forum, you cannot have him thread banned (and the mods are supposed to not allow you to thread ban him) unless he broke the rules of the forum.

What rule did he break?

AZ Jim
08-15-2016, 05:50 PM
AZ Jim... What forum rule did Oboe break? Please be specific. According to the rules of the forum, you cannot have him thread banned (and the mods are supposed to not allow you to thread ban him) unless he broke the rules of the forum.

What rule did he break?It was a callout (#2) If you don't like it, report it.

Cletus
08-15-2016, 05:54 PM
It was a callout (#2) If you don't like it, report it.

As you wish.

Chris
08-15-2016, 06:42 PM

What rule did he break?

Do not respond to moderation online, use Report or PM, and in this case you should PM the OP.

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Again, one lies about innocuous things and one lies to cover up her incompetence concerning national security.

Your choice.
Innocuous things like his foreign policy and fiscal plans? Or maybe you mean his plan for dealing with terrorism? Or immigration?
Innocuous things like that?

hanger4
08-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Innocuous things like his foreign policy and fiscal plans? Or maybe you mean his plan for dealing with terrorism? Or immigration?

I don't know. Is he lying about his plans ?? or do you just diagree with them ??

decedent
08-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Everyone lies.

I have a 5% tolerance.

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 09:41 PM
I don't know. Is he lying about his plans ?? or do you just diagree with them ??

Hell, HE disagrees with them:

1. No Muslims should be allowed to enter the United States —as immigrants or visitors.
Donald Trump called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" in a statement about "preventing Muslim immigration" in December.
2. Ban Muslims from entering but make an exception for friends and Muslims serving in the US military.
He later amended his stance in an interview with Fox News, saying the 5,000 Muslims serving the United States military would be exempt from the ban and allowed to return home from overseas deployments. He also suggested that current Muslim residents — like his "many Muslim friends" — would be exempt, too, and able to come and go freely.
3. The Muslim ban was just an suggestion.
"We have a serious problem, and it's a temporary ban - it hasn't been called for yet, nobody's done it, this is just a suggestion until we find out what's going on," Trump said on in mid-May, softening for the first time in months on the ban.
4. Ban Muslims as a matter of policy, as well as people from countries with a history of terrorism.
In a national security address after the terror attack in Orlando, Trump said that if he's elected he would "suspend immigration from areas of the world where there's a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or our allies until we fully understand how to end these threats."
5. Ban people from countries with a history of terrorism.
When a reporter asked Trump how he'd feel about a Muslim Scot entering the U.S. while on a trip to visit his golf courses in Scotland, Trump said it "wouldn't bother me." He then went on to emphasize that he did not want "people coming in from the terror countries." When asked, Trump would not name one such country.
6. Ban Muslims from countries with a history of terrorism, and potentially also other Muslims.
That same day, when pressed about how this statement in Scotland jived with Trump's proposal to ban all Muslims from entering the country, spokesman Hope Hicks said that the ban would just apply to Muslims from countries with a history of terrorism. She would not, however, confirm that Muslims residing in peaceful countries would be exempt. NBC News has asked for further clarification.
7. The Muslim ban was never about Muslims.
The next week, one spokesperson wrongly said the initial ban was not about Muslims.
"I know the news media has been reporting that the initial ban was against all Muslims, and that simply was not the case. It's simply for Muslim immigration, and Mr. Trump is adding specifics to clarify what his position is," Katrina Pierson told CNN, though advisers at the time said it was indeed about religion (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/07/donald-trump-campaign-defends-muslim-ban-sam-clovis-interview) exclusively.
8. Nothing has changed, nothing to see here.
"This is not accurate," spokesperson Hope Hicks said when asked if the policies were changing and removing the word "Muslim." "There has been no change from the exchanges over the weekend."
9. The ban is negotiable.
Campaign manager Paul Manafort in late May said the Muslim ban was negotiable, and how Trump initially articulated it was not what it would turn out in the end. Manafort said the policy is currently that "where there is terrorist activity — Syria or Iraq — we will temporarily suspend immigration until we can establish a vetting system in which we can identify who people are who are coming in."
The government already has a rigorous, nine-step vetting (https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/11/20/infographic-screening-process-refugee-entry-united-states)process in place for refugees. Trump has previously included all Syrian refugees, including children and non-Muslims, in the ban.
10. The ban would call for "extreme vetting."
Mid July, Trump told (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-shifts-muslim-ban-calls-extreme-vetting-n611276) "60 Minutes" that people from suspicious "territories" would receive "a thing called 'extreme vetting.'" He did not describe how "extreme vetting" would differ from the current vetting process.
"Call it whatever you want," Trump told CBS when asked if he was changing his previously released policy.
11. The ban hasn't changed, I just don't like saying the word "Muslim."
On Fox News in late July (https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/757819348723433472), Trump told Sean Hannity his position hadn't changed from his initial ban on Muslims entering the country.
"I think my position's gotten bigger, I'm talking about territories now. People don't want me to say Muslim—I guess I'd prefer not saying it, frankly, myself. So we're talking about territories."
Current position: Ban all Muslims, and maybe other people from countries with a history of terrorism, but just don't say "Muslims."

Can you not call at least some of those positions lies? I think you can.

EDIT to include LINK:http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

hanger4
08-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Hell, HE disagrees with them:

Can you not call at least some of those positions lies? I think you can.

EDIT to include LINK:http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

The Trump 'ban all Muslims' quote is intentionally taken out of context. The full in context quote;

QUOTE: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."

del
08-15-2016, 10:22 PM
trump is always taken out of context, isn't he?

it's rather remarkable

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 10:28 PM
The Trump 'ban all Muslims' quote is intentionally taken out of context. The full in context quote;

QUOTE: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."
I don't see that as out of context. Thanks for providing the quote.

hanger4
08-15-2016, 10:32 PM

If you can't see "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" as changing the context of "ban all Muslims" then there's little hope left for you.

hanger4
08-15-2016, 10:33 PM

it's rather remarkable

Mostly, yes or just out right lied about.

Professor Peabody
08-15-2016, 10:36 PM
I think it's a given that all politicians lie at times

However, Hillary lies ALL the time.

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 10:37 PM
If you can't see "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" as changing the context of "ban all Muslims" then there's little hope left for you.
You also didn't address the multiple other positions on Muslim immigration, not to mention bans on immigration from all countries that have suffered from terrorism.

hanger4
08-15-2016, 10:40 PM
You also didn't address the multiple other positions on Muslim immigration, not to mention bans on immigration from all countries that have suffered from terrorism.

All of which were expansions of the first, now in context, quote.

Crepitus
08-15-2016, 10:51 PM
All of which were expansions of the first, now in context, quote.
come on Hanger, Trumps problems aren't media manipulation, they are his mouth.

AZ Jim
08-15-2016, 11:12 PM

However, Hillary lies ALL the time.THAT is a lie, peabrain.

hanger4
08-16-2016, 12:12 AM

Trump has a mouth, yes, but it's not near as bad as the media and blogers make it out to be.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Trump has a mouth, yes, but it's not near as bad as the media and blogers make it out to be.

hanger4
08-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote Trump asking the Russians to hack HC's emails.

Quote Trump attacking Mr. or Ms. Kahn.

Quote Trump calling for the assassination of Hillary.

Quote Trump calling for the banning of all Muslims without conditions.

Tell us again how Trump had a crying baby and it's mother removed from a rally.

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 10:06 AM

However, Hillary lies ALL the time.Ignorance is bliss.

hanger4
08-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Ignorance is bliss.

And it's apparent you're one happy ol curmudgeon. :grin:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 10:21 AM

There is nothing to misunderstand when it comes to the lies Hillary and Obama keep spreading.

So Clinton wasn't lying when she made this claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

How about when she made this false claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3RfxNJBArU

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 10:22 AM

The fact that Liberals would use polifact to promote their false narratives and parrot DNC talking points? You got that right!! :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Innocuous things like his foreign policy and fiscal plans?

What specifically do you disagree with on his foreign policy and fiscal positions?

Or maybe you mean his plan for dealing with terrorism?

What specifically do you disagree with on his policy towards terrorism?

Or immigration?

What specifically do you disagree with on his policy towards immigration?

What we do know is that nothing has been innocuous in the last eight failed years of Obamunism. :biglaugh:

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 10:32 AM
What specifically do you disagree with on his foreign policy and fiscal positions?

What specifically do you disagree with on his policy towards terrorism?

What specifically do you disagree with on his policy towards immigration?

What we do know is that nothing has been innocuous in the last eight failed years of Obamunism. :biglaugh:
Tell you what, you get him to clearly state policy positions to those things and stick with them, unchanged, for one solid week and I'll tell you what my problems with them are. Until then it's pointless.

And quit pretending to laugh, we all know you don't have a sense of humor.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:10 AM

it's rather remarkable

Not as remarkable as those who support a sociopathic lying, inept, incompetent, unaccomplished, corrupt political hack like Hillary. ;)

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:11 AM

You have to understand that in order for Hillary supporters to "see", they must first be honest. Just sayin. ;)

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:12 AM

Trump isn't the one with all the problems; the problems appear to be a lack of honesty on the part of media empires dedicated to Democratic ideologies that preclude them from doing anything BUT promoting false narratives and lying sociopaths.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:13 AM

Irony.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 11:14 AM
You have to understand that in order for Hillary supporters to "see", they must first be honest. Just sayin. ;)
First off, I ain't no Clinton supporter.

Secondly you need to look in the mirror Dorito Boy.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Trump isn't the one with all the problems; the problems appear to be a lack of honesty on the part of media empires dedicated to Democratic ideologies that preclude them from doing anything BUT promoting false narratives and lying sociopaths.
Is the paranoia a side effect of the chip or the reason for it?

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:18 AM
Tell you what, you get him to clearly state policy positions to those things and stick with them, unchanged, for one solid week and I'll tell you what my problems with them are. Until then it's pointless.

I am amused that you think the politicians you support stick by anything they say. Why do you have a different standard for politicians you simply disagree with? How has Trump reversed himself over the last twelve months on immigration? On Iraq? How about tax policy or the economy?

I am betting that you, like many other Liberals, had no problems supporting Obama knowing NOTHNING about the man or his policies other than a bumper sticker of "hope and change."

And quit pretending to laugh, we all know you don't have a sense of humor.

:rofl: Yeah, like you know anything about me or my sense of humor. But we are all clear on your denial and love of leftist policies that do NOTHING to help the people you Liberals so desperately claim you care about.

Here is something that is very clear that you, Popeye or Ceeegar cannot possibly comprehend; the country as a whole is fed up with politics as usual....which is why Trump will do very well in the fall and quite possibly win the Presidency.

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:19 AM
First off, I ain't no Clinton supporter.

Then stop acting like one. :rofl: You would be hard pressed to convince me you will vote for anyone else.....but try it. Convince me. :rofl:

Secondly you need to look in the mirror Dorito Boy.

Awwwww....stomp your little feet harder!!! :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-16-2016, 11:20 AM
Is the paranoia a side effect of the chip or the reason for it?

What part of my posts appear to be paranoid? Perhaps you should look up the definition before you ignorantly bloviate with it. :biglaugh:

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 11:22 AM
I am amused that you think the politicians you support stick by anything they say. Why do you have a different standard for politicians you simply disagree with? How has Trump reversed himself over the last twelve months on immigration? On Iraq? How about tax policy or the economy?

I am betting that you, like many other Liberals, had no problems supporting Obama knowing NOTHNING about the man or his policies other than a bumper sticker of "hope and change."

:rofl: Yeah, like you know anything about me or my sense of humor. But we are all clear on your denial and love of leftist policies that do NOTHING to help the people you Liberals so desperately claim you care about.

Here is something that is very clear that you, Popeye or Ceeegar cannot possibly comprehend; the country as a whole is fed up with politics as usual....which is why Trump will do very well in the fall and quite possibly win the Presidency.
Wow, the lack of a sense of humor is bad but survivable.

You really should get those paranoid delusions checked.

Crepitus
08-16-2016, 11:24 AM
What part of my posts appear to be paranoid? Perhaps you should look up the definition before you ignorantly bloviate with it. :biglaugh:

All of them. You probably don't even realize it though, most mentally ill people don't.
And I'm bored again. Back to ignore for you Dorito Boy.

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 11:31 AM
BTW TD you have very decidedly overused :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl:

The Xl
08-16-2016, 11:50 AM
Hard to take the media's assertion of the quantity of Trumps lies seriously, considering they're the ones that twist or exaggerate most of what he says in the first place.

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Hard to take the media's assertion of the quantity of Trumps lies seriously, considering they're the ones that twist or exaggerate most of what he says in the first place.Oh please......You act as though none of us watch him say these things in video!

hanger4
08-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Oh please......You act as though none of us watch him say these things in video!

Then this should be easy for you.

Tell us again how Trump had a crying baby and it's mother removed from a rally.

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Then this should be easy for you.

Tell us again how Trump had a crying baby and it's mother removed from a rally. I am not into doing any research for a numbskull like you pard. He did every one of the above. You are playing the fool, nothing more.

hanger4
08-16-2016, 12:26 PM
I am not into doing any research for a numbskull like you pard. He did every one of the above. You are playing the fool, nothing more.

You shouldn't have to do any research, aren't they all just common knowledge ?? Don't all your sources have these infamous qoutes listed ??

BTW, I knew you wouldn't because you can't, because they don't exist. All your sources have been pwnd.

AZ Jim
08-16-2016, 12:38 PM
You shouldn't have to do any research, aren't they all just common knowledge ?? Don't all your sources have these infamous qoutes listed ??

BTW, I knew you wouldn't because you can't, because they don't exist. All your sources have been pwnd.Readers who are following this thread and who watch the news and read know damn well he DID say those things but if you prefer to show your ignorance, it's jake with me dood.

hanger4
08-16-2016, 12:43 PM
Readers who are following this thread and who watch the news and read know damn well he DID say those things but if you prefer to show your ignorance, it's jake with me dood.

Not producing the quotes only shows your ignorance.

It's really rather simple, don't ya think ??

exploited
08-16-2016, 12:52 PM
This discussion is a trainwreck, because it avoids the truly concerning issue with modern politics and the truth, in favor of partisan bickering.

Here is the real problem: it is impossible for a high-level political executive to perform the duties of their office without lying. I mean that quite literally. National security has become so complex, dirty and globally interwoven that to tell the truth about what you are doing would be to seriously harm your own employees, other people, other governments and yourself. You cannot tell the truth without harming operational security. You cannot tell the truth without destabilizing your own government. You cannot tell the truth without enraging the masses, who don't have the ability to rationally assess your actions (instead relying on reflexive ideological conclusions).

Similarly, it is very difficult to tell the truth while also getting elected. Nobody wants to hear the truth. For instance, many liberals don't want to cut social programs - but they also don't want to raise taxes. So what happens is you get politicians standing up and saying "We won't raise taxes, but we'll continue, maybe even increase, funding for these programs." What ends up happening is they borrow the money... money that will need to be paid back by taxes in the future. Thus, what they are saying is a lie - they are in fact raising taxes, but just in a way that defers costs until a later date. Many conservative politicians do the same thing. They'll talk about how they will reform Social Security, when they know full well that they would be booted from office the moment they touched some Boomer's government pension. It just isn't going to happen. Or they talk about how they'll address abortion - no they won't. They'll moralize about abortion, but they know it is impossible to make it illegal again. Meanwhile the most effective way to decrease abortions is proven to be social programs and sexual education... both of which they oppose!

The number one issue with politicans and lying is not the politicians, it is the voters. We do not want to hear the truth, and we absolutely will punish anyone who tells it (see GWB Sr.'s decision to raise taxes).