PDA

View Full Version : Trump fined $10,000 for improper use of Trump Tower for campaign events

Cigar
08-18-2016, 01:52 PM
Donald Trump has been fined $10,000 for improper use of a Trump Tower atrium for campaign events in violation of an agreement intended to preserve public space.

The New York City Department of Buildings started an investigation this summer after the public atrium in Trump Tower was repeatedly closed and used for campaign events, according to Reuters, which first reported the investigation. A public atrium is common in major skyscrapers in New York City in an effort to preserve public space as developers build ever larger office and residential buildings.

Trump was fined $10,000 in June for failing to show up to a court hearing regarding the removal of a bench from the atrium. The Wall Street Journal reports that the bench was part of the public space agreement between Trump and the city.

Trump Tower Commercial LLC was ordered by the city in January to remove two Trump Store kiosks from the atrium, one of which sold campaign merchandise and accepted donations.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/trump-fined-10000-for-improper-use-of-trump-tower-for-campaign-events/

stjames1_53
08-18-2016, 02:13 PM
but Hildebeast can use the Clinton Foundation for her run.............

Cigar
08-18-2016, 02:15 PM
but Hildebeast can use the Clinton Foundation for her run.............

Link Please ... ?

BTW, this thread is about The Trump Meeting in The Trump Tower, try to keep up.

Beevee
08-18-2016, 03:26 PM
He could always spend $1m on an appeal. After all, it's only money he can put against the taxes he doesn't pay.

stjames1_53
08-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Link Please ... ?

BTW, this thread is about The Trump Meeting in The Trump Tower, try to keep up.

since this isn't a tPF thread, I'll sidetrack it as much as I want

waltky
11-27-2016, 07:44 PM
The Donald figures out how to make a buck off the gov't.... U.S. Secret Service, NYPD to rent two floors of Trump Tower, taxpayers to bear the whopping $3 million cost a year Sunday 27th November, 2016 - The U.S. Secret Service is reported to be negotiating with Trump’s Organisation to take over two empty floors of Trump Tower in New York. The agency and the New York Police Department will jointly run a command post for 250 agents and cops from there.
The decision comes after soon-to-be first lady Melania Trump and her ten-year-old son Barron decided to continue to reside at the $90-million triplex penthouse in the 58-storied skyscraper in New York until spring. The first 26 floors of the building house commercial tenants, while the rest of the building has luxury apartments. The agency is interested in the 15th and 17th floor which are currently vacant. It is marketed at $105 per square foot that would cost up to $1.5 a year, per floor. The 15th floor was previously used by Trump campaign till the election. If the agency finalises the deal, it will cost the taxpayers a whopping $3 million a year. “The number one imperative here is safety and security. We owe that to the president elect, his family and his team,” John Miller, NYPD's deputy commissioner of intelligence & counterterrorism said. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said, “This is a very substantial undertaking. It will take substantial resources. We will begin the conversation with the federal government shortly on reimbursement for the NYPD for some of the costs that we are incurring.” Security concerns mount The President-elect Donald Trump made it clear that he would visit his New York home frequently till his son and wife reside in the Trump Tower. That means the agency will have a tough task to secure the perimeter, which is densely populated. Additionally, as per norms, the President’s entire family would be under high priority security, meaning his 18-member family including Melania, Barron, four other adult children, three of them married, with a combined eight grandchildren also have to be secured. “We have never had a situation where a POTUS would be here on such a regular basis. The details of his future plans are unknown, but we certainly know over these next 65 days until the inauguration he will be here regularly. The NYPD is up to the challenge and the city of New York is up to the challenge, I have no doubt about that,” de Blasio said.
http://cdn.bignewsnetwork.com/cus1480242235.jpg Agencies are expected to install infrastructure to secure the building that is expected to cost millions. The building could very well turn into White House of the North. Currently, Trump's security costs around $2 million a day, as per documents. “You have to be able to conduct a global war from the front porch — that is just the reality of the situation,” said Terry Sullivan of the White House Transition Project, a nonpartisan organization which helps in the transition process. In order to accommodate the agents traveling with Trump to New York the federal government will need to rent a modest one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment that will further add at least $5,250 per month as per a real estate site. "They would need at least a whole floor, and every apartment on that floor would need to be turned into an office," Sullivan said. MORE (http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/249727063/us-secret-service-nypd-to-rent-two-floors-of-trump-tower-taxpayers-to-bear-the-whopping-3-million-cost-a-year)

Dr. Who
11-27-2016, 08:23 PM
The Donald figures out how to make a buck off the gov't.... U.S. Secret Service, NYPD to rent two floors of Trump Tower, taxpayers to bear the whopping $3 million cost a year Sunday 27th November, 2016 - The U.S. Secret Service is reported to be negotiating with Trump’s Organisation to take over two empty floors of Trump Tower in New York. The agency and the New York Police Department will jointly run a command post for 250 agents and cops from there.
If the $3M a year isn't bad enough, wait until the lawsuits start from the other unit owners.

Peter1469
11-27-2016, 08:25 PM
I bet they got some good digs.

stjames1_53
11-28-2016, 05:24 AM
He could always spend $1m on an appeal. After all, it's only money he can put against the taxes he doesn't pay.
our tax structure is none of your business....................
He used the same code everyone else does, in the US. Something YOU are absolutely unfamiliar with, since you don't pay US income tax.

Crepitus
11-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Gotta love the righties leaping to his defense.......

stjames1_53
11-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Gotta love the righties leaping to his defense.......

unlike the lefties clinging to some old failed hem......

Crepitus
11-28-2016, 08:10 AM
unlike the lefties clinging to some old failed hem......

What is this failed old hem you speak of?

Captain Obvious
11-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Who cares

texan
11-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Heard he tipped the traditional 20% and paid 12k.

nic34
11-28-2016, 05:05 PM
He used the same code everyone else does, in the US. Something YOU are absolutely unfamiliar with, since you don't pay US income tax.

You mean similar to the Don?

Peter1469
11-28-2016, 05:07 PM
You mean similar to the Don?
The people he employs do.

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:11 AM

But we don't know that since he hasn't released his taxes yet. Fortunately he has promised to release them when the audit is done. 🙄

resister
11-29-2016, 12:14 AM
But we don't know that since he hasn't released his taxes yet. Fortunately he has promised to release them when the audit is done. 
Did you miss the memo on MSM.They were long ago hacked and released.Otherwise, how would you know he paid none?

ripmeister
11-29-2016, 12:18 AM
Did you miss the memo on MSM.They were long ago hacked and released.Otherwise, how would you know he paid none?

The only thing I've missed is the release of his tax returns as promised. I'm patient.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2016, 12:24 AM
The only thing I've missed is the release of his tax returns as promised. I'm patient.

Rodham never released those fraudulently deleted emails, they had to be wiki-leaked.

So for the record, he kept his part of the bargain.

I don't care to see his tax returns, I already suspect he pays little to no taxes. He's a capitalist. In his defense, why give the bedshitting left more fuel to shit more beds?

Fuck'em

resister
11-29-2016, 12:26 AM
The only thing I've missed is the release of his tax returns as promised. I'm patient.Did you miss where Hillary made an issue of this in the last debate?

resister
11-29-2016, 01:08 AM
Did you miss where Hillary made an issue of this in the last debate?Hey Hey...cat got youre tounge?