PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the president

Chris
10-03-2012, 05:38 PM
The Editorial Board's 5 questions on the economy for the president (http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/10/02/presidential-debate-obama-economy/1609445/)
...Shortly before you took office, your economic advisers projected that if Congress passed a major stimulus bill, the unemployment rate would stay below 8%. The bill passed, but the jobless rate quickly topped 8% and peaked at 10%. In fact, it hasn't been below 8% during your presidency. Did you underestimate the problem, or did you oversell the stimulus?

You've repeatedly proposed to raise taxes on those making more than $250,000 a year while leaving the Bush tax cuts in place for everyone else. Soaking the rich...<snip>

Enough of that what would you ask Obama?

Captain Obvious
10-03-2012, 05:41 PM
What is Phase II "Obamacare"?

Cigar
10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
The Editorial Board's 5 questions on the economy for the president (http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/10/02/presidential-debate-obama-economy/1609445/)

Enough of that what would you ask Obama?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/filibuster3.jpg

Cigar
10-03-2012, 06:05 PM
What is Phase II "Obamacare"?

Why are you Sick?

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
1. Mr. President, do you think it was appropriate for you to travel to Las Vegas for a fund raiser the morning after your ambassador to Libya was ass-raped and assassinated? If you could have a do-over, what you would do differently?

2. Mr. President, traditionally, executive privilege is used for documents and aides in the immediate office of the President. When you evoked executive privilege in the Fast and Furious Congressional probe, was that an admission that the immediate office of the President was involved in either Fast and Furious, or the cover-up of the scandal?

And can I have some follow up questions when you are done? (shouting as regime goons drag me out of the room).

Akula
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Why are you Sick?

"I don't know" in other words?

head of joaquin
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
"Mr. President, what do you think of the hypocrisy of the GOP in blocking your economic programs and then blaming you for high unemployment caused by the Bush Meltdown"

"As a follow-up, can you tell us how Mr. Romney's economic proposals differ in any way from Bush's catastrophic policies, because frankly Mr. President I can't discern a difference. But maybe we should ask Mr. Romney that."

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
"Mr. President, what do you think of the hypocrisy of the GOP in blocking your economic programs and then blaming you for high unemployment caused by the Bush Meltdown"

"As a follow-up, can you tell us how Mr. Romney's economic proposals differ in any way from Bush's catastrophic policies, because frankly Mr. President I can't discern a difference. But maybe we should ask Mr. Romney that."

Sadly, these are likely the sorts of questions the president is going to get from the MSM.

head of joaquin
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Sadly, these are likely the sorts of questions the president is going to get from the MSM.

Sadly for misinformed teabaggers and those who listen to the lunacy of the Rightwing Noise Machine.

Chris
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
If you want to ask Romney questions, feel free, but to softball Obama loaded questions about Romney contributes nothing to discussion.

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Sadly for misinformed teabaggers and those who listen to the lunacy of the Rightwing Noise Machine.

And now, let's try for a substantive response. Please.

Peter1469
10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
For each candidate: would you have your attorney general investigate and prosecute the banks and bankers that brought on the housing bubble and the financial bubble?

The top 5 banks in the US have over $200T in worthless derivatives off their books. If the mark to market rules come back in force, will you use tax payer dollars to bail these banks out?