PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Governor Kindly Tells Trump To Screw Off After He Tries To Exploit Flood

Cigar
08-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Louisiana Governor Kindly Tells Trump To Screw Off After He Tries To Exploit Flood For Photo OpIn what the Red Cross is calling the worst natural disaster in America since Hurricane Sandy, Louisiana is experiencing catastrophic flooding. Thousands of people have lost their homes. At least 13 people have died. And a state that is still rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina is left to bear the burden of yet another tragedy.

Right on cue, Donald Trump has decided to opportunistically exploit the situation.

Having spent the week screaming at journalists on Twitter and re-arranging chairs on the Titanic, Trump abruptly announced that he and his running mate Mike Pence would be traveling to Louisiana to “survey” the damage. Until then, he hadn’t bothered to mention Louisiana a single time. It’s unclear if he was even aware there was a flood.

Telegraphing his play, Trump’s camp suggest that by going down to Louisiana while President Obama was still on vacation, Trump cared more about the victims. Trump’s Ministry of Propaganda, run out of the offices of Breitbart News, boldly proclaimed, “Trump Visits Louisiana Flood Victims as Hillary Rests and Obama Vacations.”

The cynical publicity stunt fooled absolutely no one – including, it seems, the governor of Louisiana. In a biting statement, Gov. John Bel Edwards pulled no punches:

Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit. We welcome him to LA, but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm.

In other words, posing for pictures does nothing. If Trump actually cared about the people of Louisiana, he would break out his checkbook or start filling sandbags. The Republican candidate seems unlikely to do either. There just isn’t enough publicity in those sorts of things.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/environment/louisiana-governor-kindly-tells-trump-to-screw-off-after-he-tries-to-exploit-flood-for-photo-op/

MisterVeritis
08-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Louisiana Governor Kindly Tells Trump To Screw Off After He Tries To Exploit Flood For Photo Op

In what the Red Cross is calling the worst natural disaster in America since Hurricane Sandy, Louisiana is experiencing catastrophic flooding. Thousands of people have lost their homes. At least 13 people have died. And a state that is still rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina is left to bear the burden of yet another tragedy.

Right on cue, Donald Trump has decided to opportunistically exploit the situation.

Having spent the week screaming at journalists on Twitter and re-arranging chairs on the Titanic, Trump abruptly announced that he and his running mate Mike Pence would be traveling to Louisiana to “survey” the damage. Until then, he hadn’t bothered to mention Louisiana a single time. It’s unclear if he was even aware there was a flood.

Telegraphing his play, Trump’s camp suggest that by going down to Louisiana while President Obama was still on vacation, Trump cared more about the victims. Trump’s Ministry of Propaganda, run out of the offices of Breitbart News, boldly proclaimed, “Trump Visits Louisiana Flood Victims as Hillary Rests and Obama Vacations.”

The cynical publicity stunt fooled absolutely no one – including, it seems, the governor of Louisiana. In a biting statement, Gov. John Bel Edwards pulled no punches:

Donald Trump hasn’t called the governor to inform him of his visit. We welcome him to LA, but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm.

In other words, posing for pictures does nothing. If Trump actually cared about the people of Louisiana, he would break out his checkbook or start filling sandbags. The Republican candidate seems unlikely to do either. There just isn’t enough publicity in those sorts of things.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/environment/louisiana-governor-kindly-tells-trump-to-screw-off-after-he-tries-to-exploit-flood-for-photo-op/
Cut and paste kook alert. Usual suspect.

How is Barack Hussein O's golf game coming along?

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Where did he tell Trump to "screw off"? Even your link said that the Governor will welcome him.

decedent
08-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Anyone remember Trump's visit to Louisiana after Katrina?

Cigar
08-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Cut and paste kook alert. Usual suspect.

How is Barack Hussein O's golf game coming along?

:pottytrain2: Don't forget the Top and Bottom Corners

MisterVeritis
08-19-2016, 01:35 PM
:pottytrain2: Don't forget the Top and Bottom Corners
Outside of your small bag of "remarks" have you ever had an original thought?

nathanbforrest45
08-19-2016, 01:41 PM
I did hear the Governor state that having Obamalini visit would be a major disaster for the relief effort. Didn't really hear that for Trump.

BTW
I didn't realize Trump was a national figure in 2005. Did Obama visit New Orleans then?

Cigar
08-19-2016, 02:15 PM
President Obama sends Relief $$$$$$ and Man Support

Donald Trump hands out Boxes of Capri-Sun

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/rsz_caprisun.jpg (http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/2016/05/reddi-wip-whipped-cream-just-1-25-at-stop-shop.html)

maineman
08-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Where did he tell Trump to "screw off"? Even your link said that the Governor will welcome him.

welcome him? ah.. "but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

Cigar
08-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Trump Visits Flood-Ravaged Louisiana
https://youtu.be/ABDYUe8C12E

Where are The Pallets of Money?

hanger4
08-19-2016, 02:24 PM
welcome him? ah.. "but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

Thanks maineman, it seems the governor didn't tell Trump to screw off.

maineman
08-19-2016, 02:28 PM

he sure told him he wouldn't welcome him just for a photo op. I'm sure the Donald took that just fine.

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 02:36 PM

Where did the governor tell him to "screw off"?

Facts are important, right?

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 02:36 PM

Facts don't matter to these bootlickers.

Bethere
08-19-2016, 02:44 PM
he sure told him he wouldn't welcome him just for a photo op. I'm sure the Donald took that just fine.

It's ok if you disagree with him. You can't force him to be right.

The Xl
08-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Trump is damned if he does or doesn't. Lol at anyone who takes the media seriously.

hanger4
08-19-2016, 03:43 PM
It's ok if you disagree with him. You can't force him to be right.

Still having problems thinking for yourself I see.

I bet if you thought real hard you might even figure out the OP title is a lie. Occupydems and PticUSA are notorious for that.

Mac-7
08-19-2016, 03:48 PM
The governor is a democrat so his attack on trump is politically motivated

maineman
08-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Where did the governor tell him to "screw off"?

Facts are important, right?

where did I ever say he did?

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 04:34 PM
where did I ever say he did?

Read the thread title. You are defending the premise of the OP.

maineman
08-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Read the thread title. You are defending the premise of the OP.

I pointed out that the governor did "welcome" him, but specifically said that the welcome was NOT for a simple photo op.... which is all that Donald really wanted to do there in any case. I "defended" nothing.

MisterVeritis
08-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Still having problems thinking for yourself I see.

I bet if you thought real hard you might even figure out the OP title is a lie. Occupydems and PticUSA are notorious for that.
Try to remember that Bethere's comments are always the mark of a superior intellect. She is a legend in her own mind.

hanger4
08-19-2016, 05:05 PM
I pointed out that the governor did "welcome" him, but specifically said that the welcome was NOT for a simple photo op.... which is all that Donald really wanted to do there in any case. I "defended" nothing.

You thanked the OP.

hanger4
08-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Try to remember that Bethere's comments are always the mark of a superior intellect. She is a legend in her own mind.

Is Bethere a she ?? I truly don't know. Just askin

maineman
08-19-2016, 05:08 PM
You thanked the OP.

solely for this sentence:

We welcome him to LA, but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm.

maineman
08-19-2016, 05:08 PM

pretty sure its a he... Think Be There.... not Beth Ere

hanger4
08-19-2016, 05:14 PM
pretty sure its a he... Think Be There.... not Beth Ere

I've read a couple times posters saying she. Asked one sometime ago and Bethere accused me of insulting him/her. Never did answer the question.

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 05:43 PM

You're a gutless wonder.

del
08-19-2016, 05:58 PM
You're a gutless wonder.

and you're a clueless asshat

tie goes to the asshat

Common
08-19-2016, 05:59 PM
solely for this sentence:

We welcome him to LA, but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm.

How much has hillary donated and the clinton foundation ? We know she hasnt been there, has she sent a check ?

Common
08-19-2016, 06:00 PM

tie goes to the asshat

Do you do anything but troll and insult everyone on the right. Why dont you get a hobby

maineman
08-19-2016, 06:01 PM
You're a gutless wonder.

and you''re an ignorant, imprecise, gasbag.

Like I said... I defended nothing. If you can't learn to write with any greater degree of specificity than the blundering you call prose now, you should take up housepainting.

maineman
08-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Do you do anything but troll and insult everyone on the right. Why dont you get a hobby

why don't you start yet another thread about a teenage girl smoking reefer?

maineman
08-19-2016, 06:02 PM
How much has hillary donated and the clinton foundation ? We know she hasnt been there, has she sent a check ?

has she tried to scam a photo op?

kcvet
08-19-2016, 07:41 PM
says he'll show up on the 23rd. maybe. but first things first

http://i66.tinypic.com/34rvrci.jpg

self centered a**hole

hanger4
08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
has she tried to scam a photo op?

Dat ol rascal scamer sho-nuff seem busy.

HE HELPS THE FLOODED...
'WE KNEW YOU'D BE HERE!'
THANKS FIRST RESPONDERS...
UNLOADS SUPPLIES FROM TRUCK...
DRIVES THROUGH HARD-HIT NEIGHBORHOODS...
MARY LANDRIEU THANKS TRUMP...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

kcvet
08-19-2016, 08:59 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/rcnf5s.jpg

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 09:55 PM

Like I said... I defended nothing. If you can't learn to write with any greater degree of specificity than the blundering you call prose now, you should take up housepainting.

Again, you're gutless. You refuse to defend your own comments. You're a freaking punk.

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 09:58 PM

tie goes to the asshat

stfu.

MisterVeritis
08-19-2016, 10:00 PM
She seems femme. It is a guess. I cannot say she has ever said as much.

Tahuyaman

You're gutless. If you are a retired naval officer, I'm a former chief of staff.

del
stfu.

taffaard, taffatm

:biglaugh:

Tahuyaman
08-19-2016, 10:04 PM
taffaard, taffatm

:biglaugh:
stfu....

maineman
08-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Again, you're gutless. You refuse to defend your own comments. You're a freaking punk.
What comment of mine have I refused to defend, L.S.O.S.?

maineman
08-19-2016, 11:14 PM
You're gutless. If you are a retired naval officer, I'm a former chief of staff.
Wanna bet? Wanna put your money where your mouth is, "sarge"? We've been done this road a few times before, you and I. You question my integrity... I offer to prove to you my status as a retired O-5... You always run away. Stay away from the raicilla next time. Moron.

maineman
08-19-2016, 11:20 PM
I figured this would be like all the rest. Nutless.

So... Back to the topic at hand... Did the Donald score some major points with the cajuns? Did he write a big check?

maineman
08-19-2016, 11:27 PM
You're gutless. If you are a retired naval officer, I'm a former chief of staff.and it's funny you should mention former chiefs of staff. I just hooked up with one on LinkedIn earlier this week. We served together with the UN back in the early 80's. We're gonna hook up this summer or next in New England where he and his wife have their summer home. I'll ask him if he ever knew an E-9 like you whose career plan was to just get by.

kcvet
08-20-2016, 08:43 AM
https://youtu.be/O6qYuUGK77o

where's the half breed??

maineman
08-20-2016, 08:44 AM
and another inebriated, ill-advised, insulting challenge to a board member's service slips ignominiously beneath the waves.

when will they ever learn? when will they ever learn?

Common
08-20-2016, 08:47 AM
The gov of La is a liberal democrat drooler, what he says about trump has no meaning

kcvet
08-20-2016, 08:50 AM
The gov of La is a liberal democrat drooler, what he says about trump has no meaning

who care's ?? Trump gets the voters

maineman
08-20-2016, 09:06 AM
who care's ?? Trump gets the voters

but yet, when those same "voters" are polled, Clinton seems to get more of them. Odd, eh?

kcvet
08-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Clinton's a no show. home sick in bed ??

kcvet
08-20-2016, 09:13 AM
but yet, when those same "voters" are polled, Clinton seems to get more of them. Odd, eh?

the liberal polls?? gotta keep the skank in front eh??

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 09:55 AM
and it's funny you should mention former chiefs of staff. I just hooked up with one on LinkedIn earlier this week. We served together with the UN back in the early 80's. We're gonna hook up this summer or next in New England where he and his wife have their summer home. I'll ask him if he ever knew an E-9 like you whose career plan was to just get by.

Lol..... Maybe you, him and Colon Powell can get together for a reunion?

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 09:58 AM

The Governor's political leanings are meaningless. This thread is once again proof that liberals make up a false narrative, defend it, then go into denial mode when called on it.

Gutless wonders.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Lol..... Maybe you, him and Colon Powell can get together for a reunion?

never met Colin Powell... but I climbed to the top of Cheops one day with a future Chief of Staff and he even took my picture up there.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:03 AM
We'll hang at Scituate, Mass or Portland, Maine either this summer or next. And truth be told, you won't come up in conversation once. What a waste of time and breath THAT would be!

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 10:06 AM
You are a pompous blow-hard. No one is impressed with your idiotic stories.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:37 AM
You are a pompous blow-hard. No one is impressed with your idiotic stories.
I'm not trying to impress anyone.... merely finding irony in your bringing up chiefs of staff... you insult my service, but can never quite man up.

pathetic.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:38 AM
the liberal polls?? gotta keep the skank in front eh??

all the polls. Trump doesn't lead in any of them, and hasn't for over a month now.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 10:46 AM
What a pompous ass.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:47 AM
what a sad sack excuse for a sergeant.

MisterVeritis
08-20-2016, 10:48 AM
all the polls. Trump doesn't lead in any of them, and hasn't for over a month now.
And yet...Trump is going to win.

We have about 80 more days.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:49 AM

nothing like a little Saturday morning humor injection to brighten my day. Thanks!

MisterVeritis
08-20-2016, 10:53 AM

nothing like a little Saturday morning humor injection to brighten my day. Thanks!
You are welcome. I think it is important for you to experience as much day-brightening as possible prior to the election.

maineman
08-20-2016, 10:55 AM
slow down. too much of this and I'll be spitting out my coffee!

MisterVeritis
08-20-2016, 11:01 AM
slow down. too much of this and I'll be spitting out my coffee!
Coffee. Good idea. On my way to make some...