PDA

View Full Version : Gun Manufacturers

Don
08-20-2016, 03:39 PM
Who would they support for president, Trump or Clinton?

Don
08-20-2016, 03:59 PM
I say that if they actually care about this country they would support Trump assuming he really does support Americans rights like he claims.

If they only care about their bottom line they would probably support Clinton. If gun sales were stellar under Obama they would reach unheard of levels under a Clinton administration.

kcvet
08-20-2016, 06:02 PM
democrats are awesome gun salesmen

Don
08-20-2016, 07:54 PM
I made a lot of money during the Clinton administration because people were afraid they wouldn't be able to get the guns on Bills ridiculous ban list.

Peter1469
08-20-2016, 08:01 PM
The problem is gun sales will spike under Clinton but as soon as her SCOTUS crippled the second amendment their sales would dry up.

It is like the insurance companies supporting Obamacare so they could maximize profits before universal care destroys their business. It hasn't worked out for most of them.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 08:07 PM
I say that if they actually care about this country they would support Trump assuming he really does support Americans rights like he claims.

If they only care about their bottom line they would probably support Clinton. If gun sales were stellar under Obama they would reach unheard of levels under a Clinton administration.

Are you suggesting that the firearms manufacturing industry will coax or bribe a president into talking about imposing more restrictions on second amendment rights knowing that it will result in more demand for their product?

exploited
08-20-2016, 08:11 PM
SCOTUS will not address gun control again anytime soon. You can probably relax on that for quite some time.

Peter1469
08-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Are you suggesting that the firearms manufacturing industry will coax or bribe a president into talking about imposing more restrictions on second amendment rights knowing that it will result in more demand for their product?

That would be a dangerous game. At least if SCOTUS goes rouge.

Standing Wolf
08-20-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't believe Trump has very few if any strong convictions or beliefs about anything that doesn't involve his ego or his bank account.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 08:17 PM
That would be a dangerous game. At least if SCOTUS goes rouge.

The Supreme Court going rouge would be more dangerous.

exploited
08-20-2016, 08:17 PM
The question is a bad one because that isn't how it works.

These big companies don't support one candidate or another. They support both.

exploited
08-20-2016, 08:18 PM

Hate to be that guy, but SCOTUS is the Supreme Court, and it is rogue, not rouge. Sorry.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 08:22 PM
Hate to be that guy, but SCOTUS is the Supreme Court, and it is rogue, not rouge. Sorry.

But you're going to be "that guy" anyway. Maybe you should join forces with maineman? He doesn't mind being that guy.

exploited
08-20-2016, 08:29 PM
But you're going to be "that guy" anyway. Maybe you should join forces with maineman? He doesn't mind being that guy.

I know, I know, I was cringing as I wrote that post. But I had to at least tell you about SCOTUS. The rouge thing was just my inner-Nazi surfacing.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 08:32 PM
I know, I know, I was cringing as I wrote that post. But I had to at least tell you about SCOTUS. The rouge thing was just my inner-Nazi surfacing.

Fair enough. I apologize for the comment about you joining forces with maineman. That was over the line.

Peter1469
08-20-2016, 08:35 PM

I was referring a Hillary SCOTUS that tossed the 2nd Amendment into the trash.

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 08:43 PM
I was referring a Hillary SCOTUS that tossed the 2nd Amendment into the trash.

Unfortunately, I believe someday we will see that happen. With her or without her. The anti second amendment crowd is patient. They are willing to meet their goal in small steps. They don't give up.

Peter1469
08-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Well they won't grab guns without a war.

Don
08-20-2016, 08:54 PM

Not at all. I have not seen them supporting Obama nor do I think they would support Clinton in spite of the fact that they have done very well with them in office.

As far as Clinton rolling up the 2nd amendment, wanting to and doing it are two different things. Too many of us will not stand for it and we still have a senate and house. More states would also start taking back their powers from the fed. From recent history we have learned that the best way to get Republicans to actually act like Republicans is to put a Clinton in office.

DGUtley
08-20-2016, 09:01 PM

I agree but they have other long term plans first. Demonize us like they did smokers. Then turn the kids against us. 'Does daddy have guns at home?' 'Have you seen any guns at any friends' homes?'

Crepitus
08-20-2016, 10:13 PM

Are you suggesting there aren't business men out there unscrupulous enough to do just that?

Tahuyaman
08-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Are you suggesting there aren't business men out there unscrupulous enough to do just that?

I think that possibility is beyond being extremely remote. The hard left is committed in their desire to eliminate the right for private citizens to posess firearms. They could not be bribed to perpetrate a scam of that nature.

Mac-7
08-21-2016, 02:50 AM

I suppose gun sales could increase for a short time.

but eventually liberals will ban guns entirely (if hillary is elected) and that means the gun manufacturers go out of business

Peter1469
08-21-2016, 09:24 AM
3D printers keep getting better. There will come a point in time where this discussion is moot.

Crepitus
08-21-2016, 09:34 AM
I think that possibility is beyond being extremely remote. The hard left is committed in their desire to eliminate the right for private citizens to posses firearms. They could not be bribed to perpetrate a scam of that nature.
I'm gonna hafta disagree here my friend. Remember Martin Shkreli (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34331761)?

You and I both know there's plenty more out there like him, just as we know that Hillary Clinton is definitely not above taking a bribe.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 09:37 AM
whatever the liberal takes away the black market will supply.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 09:59 AM
3D printed 25 dollar handgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3eDSGVsLQU&feature=youtu.be

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ez318h.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-22421185

so libs what else you wanna ban???

Standing Wolf
08-21-2016, 10:11 AM
I agree but they have other long term plans first. Demonize us like they did smokers.

I know what you mean, but that isn't an entirely apt comparison. People who deliberately and repeatedly suck poisoned smoke down into their lungs really are idiots, on some level. Still, you're right - ridicule and innuendo have become more and more common weapons in the anti-gun folks' arsenal. When called on it, they will claim that they are only talking about the Bubbas who pack their so-called assault-style rifles into Wal-Mart and that sort of silly stunt, but then they will turn around and begin accusing anybody who owns a firearm of going to bed with it, etc.

Then turn the kids against us. 'Does daddy have guns at home?' 'Have you seen any guns at any friends' homes?'

A few years ago, it came to light that a local school district had made it mandatory for administrators to ask students who got into any sort of trouble whether their parents had any guns in the home. All Hell broke loose for the week or so that it took to rescind the order.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna hafta disagree here my friend. Remember Martin Shkreli (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34331761)?

You and I both know there's plenty more out there like him, just as we know that Hillary Clinton is definitely not above taking a bribe.

My point is that there are some who are true believers in neutering the second amendment and their stance is so strong that they can not be bribed out of it.

Sure, there are other areas where her stance can be bought.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 10:56 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ez318h.jpg

so libs what else you wanna ban???

that looks like the distress signal flare pistol I carry on my boat.

Crepitus
08-21-2016, 10:58 AM
My point is that there are some who are true believers in neutering the second amendment and their stance is so strong that they can not be bribed out of it.

Sure, there are other areas where her stance can be bought.

Then your point is essentially the same as mine. Sure there are true believers who can't be bought, but by the same token there are plenty who can as well.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:02 AM
I don't believe that a true anti second amendment crusader can be bribed by a firearms manufacturer to do such a thing.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:08 AM
that looks like the distress signal flare pistol I carry on my boat.

until you pull the trigger

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:14 AM
until you pull the trigger

I can load the flare pistol with a shotgun shell instead of a flare.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:20 AM
I can load the flare pistol with a shotgun shell instead of a flare.

what will happen when you pull the trigger ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyLGQUmXcg

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:26 AM
what will happen when you pull the trigger ???

It will fire the shotgun shell. Then fire another if I reload it.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:36 AM
It will fire the shotgun shell. Then fire another if I reload it.

you tested this. holding it in your hand right??

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clzSo2EAAoI&feature=youtu.be

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:44 AM
you tested this. holding it in your hand right??

i didn't. My best friend did while I watched.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:46 AM
i didn't. My best friend did while I watched.

great then you will have one??

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:51 AM
great then you will have one??

What?

kcvet
08-21-2016, 11:54 AM
What?

do you own a flare pistol ??

nathanbforrest45
08-21-2016, 11:55 AM

Will a hobo eat a ham sandwich?

nathanbforrest45
08-21-2016, 11:59 AM

Disagree. By the time they eliminate the 2nd Amendment they will have people believing that only those who believe in slavery, and death in the street are in favor of owning guns

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 11:59 AM
do you own a flare pistol ??

Yes. That's what I said several lists ago. In fact I said the gun pictured looks like my flare pistol.

I have three. Two made out of plastic which will only fire a cheap flare and one heavier metal pistol which fires a flare or a 20 gauge shotgun shell.

nathanbforrest45
08-21-2016, 12:00 PM
I suppose gun sales could increase for a short time.

but eventually liberals will ban guns entirely (if hillary is elected) and that means the gun manufacturers go out of business

I don't think they will, they will just move their facilities offshore and sell weapons to ISIS or whatever is the terrorist flavor of the month.

kcvet
08-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Yes. That's what I said several lists ago. In fact I said the gun pictured looks like my flare pistol.

I have three. Two made out of plastic which will only fire a cheap flare and one heavier metal pistol which fires a flare or a 20 gauge shotgun shell.

have you test fired one?? sounds like your set. myself im not a shotgun man.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Disagree. By the time they eliminate the 2nd Amendment they will have people believing that only those who believe in slavery, and death in the street are in favor of owning guns

The anti second amendment crusaders are extremely patient. They have no problem with achieving their goal incrementally. They are satisfied with small steps. Two steps forward and one step back is fine with them.

They use clichés like " common sense gun legislation" and such. Eventually, they will convince enough people that complete repeal of the second amendment and putting firearms only in the hands of government is common sense gun legislation.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 12:11 PM

Not it if he can have a bottle of MD 20/20 instead.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 12:15 PM

That reminded me of a time I was walking in downtown Seattle. A bum asked me "hey dude, can you help a guy out with a sandwich"? I said "yeah, where is it"?

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 12:17 PM
have you test fired one?? sounds like your set. myself im not a shotgun man.

Of course I test fire them on occasion . It's important to know that they are operational.

Don
08-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Not it if he can have a bottle of MD 20/20 instead.

Or Thunderbird or Night Train.

Peter1469
08-21-2016, 03:02 PM

Neg. There are 300M guns out there. If one person died to seize each one....

Also when 3D printers get better liberals will die of fright. Then there will be zero chance of the government micromanaging our lives through dictate.

The hard left will have to learn to relax or they are going to be in for a hell of a ride.