PDA

View Full Version : How Obama’s Rising Approval Ratings Compare With Recent Presidents’

debbietoo
08-21-2016, 09:25 AM
President Obama’s job approval ratings have been climbing of late. The president crossed the 50 percent approval threshold back in March (http://www.gallup.com/poll/189872/obama-job-approval-highest-level-may-2013.aspx?g_source=Obama%20Job%20Approval&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles) for the first time since 2013, and he’s on track to finish his final term with a majority of Americans approving of the job he is doing.1 (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-obamas-rising-approval-ratings-compare-with-recent-presidents/#fn-1) It’s only a slight majority, but that still looks pretty good compared with the approval ratings of other presidents since the end of World War II.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-obamas-rising-approval-ratings-compare-with-recent-presidents/

:applause:

gamewell45
08-21-2016, 09:29 AM
President Obama’s job approval ratings have been climbing of late. The president crossed the 50 percent approval threshold back in March (http://www.gallup.com/poll/189872/obama-job-approval-highest-level-may-2013.aspx?g_source=Obama Job Approval&g_medium=search&g_campaign=tiles) for the first time since 2013, and he’s on track to finish his final term with a majority of Americans approving of the job he is doing.1 (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-obamas-rising-approval-ratings-compare-with-recent-presidents/#fn-1) It’s only a slight majority, but that still looks pretty good compared with the approval ratings of other presidents since the end of World War II.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-obamas-rising-approval-ratings-compare-with-recent-presidents/

:applause:

I think he'll finish out his term with decent numbers; most American's realize that he's done what he believed was in the best interests of America. Obviously there will be people who disagree with that but that's my opinion.

Captain Obvious
08-21-2016, 10:51 AM
lawl - he's not doing anything lately, that's what everyone is approving of.

AZ Jim
08-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Like hearing the truth or not, President Obama faced resistance, obstruction and racism from day one throughout his time in office. No President has had to face the opposition he has and in spite of that has done very well.

nathanbforrest45
08-21-2016, 11:35 AM

Sorry I can only give you one thanks on this post!!

Either those doing the polls are lying or we are the most insane people on the planet if we think he is doing anything because he believes in America.

Peter1469
08-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Sounds about right. Almost 50% don't pay federal income taxes. They must be happy as clams.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 01:47 PM

His ratings rise when he does nothing. They fall when he he acts.

AZ Jim
08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
His ratings rise when he does nothing. They fall when he he acts.They'd have to fall a hell of a long ways to catch up with your hero GWB. He was at 29%.

Tahuyaman
08-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Can you ever support your guys?

AZ Jim
08-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Can you ever support your guys? Who are you asking?

debbietoo
08-21-2016, 02:03 PM
I think he'll finish out his term with decent numbers; most American's realize that he's done what he believed was in the best interests of America. Obviously there will be people who disagree with that but that's my opinion.

He could have done a lot more for Americans if it weren't for republican filibusters.

In the House, Republicans have refused to allow votes on anything that seriously would help the economy, instead passing only tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, spending cuts on essential things like maintaining our infrastructure and scientific research, and cutting regulations that protect people and the environment from being harmed by corporations seeking profit.

Republicans have blocked every effort since the stimulus to maintain infrastructure, hire teachers, raise the minimum wage, give equal pay for women, stop special tax breaks for millionaires corporations (especially oil companies), stop tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country, provide student loan relief, help the long-term unemployed, and more. Instead they insist on even more tax breaks for oil companies and billionaires, on cutting environmental protections, deregulating oil companies, and so on.

Obstruction Using Senate Filibusters

How many bills have been filibustered by Senate Republicans since President Obama took office? Bloomberg’s Jonathan Bernstein, in “All Filibusters, All the Time (http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-05-09/all-filibusters-all-the-time),” writes, “The correct count of how many bills have been filibustered during

Obama’s presidency is: approximately all of them.”

That’s what it means to have a 60-vote Senate, which is what Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and the Republicans declared as soon as Obama was elected. Almost every measure and, until Majority Leader Harry Reid and the Democrats invoked the nuclear option last fall, almost every nomination, had to have 60 or more votes to pass. That’s a filibuster.

Source:

https://ourfuture.org/20140923/the-cost-to-our-economy-from-republican-obstruction-and-sabotage

Yet, Obama is blamed for not "doing enough" for the economy! Republicans just make him the scapegoat.

DGUtley
08-21-2016, 02:23 PM
Like hearing the truth or not, President Obama faced resistance, obstruction and racism from day one throughout his time in office. No President has had to face the opposition he has and in spite of that has done very well.

he has been atrocious and will go down in history as the WPOAT, or close to it. He had the chance to unite but he chose to divide. Nice play of the well-worn race card though. Can't you understand that we opposed him because we opposed his policies regardless of his race?

nathanbforrest45
08-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Profit
profit
profit

the evils of profits

no one should receive money for anything

from each according to his ability
to each according to his need

Safety
08-21-2016, 02:31 PM

he has been atrocious and will go down in history as the WPOAT, or close to it. He had the chance to unite but he chose to divide. Nice play of the well-worn race card though. Can't you understand that we opposed him because we opposed his policies regardless of his race?

If that was the case, why do you oppose the same policies you liked in G.W? I mean, policy wise, he was Bush 2.0.

Cletus
08-21-2016, 02:43 PM
The numbers just prove there are more stupid people than there used to be.

Peter1469
08-21-2016, 03:16 PM
He could have done a lot more for Americans if it weren't for republican filibusters.

In the House, Republicans have refused to allow votes on anything that seriously would help the economy, instead passing only tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, spending cuts on essential things like maintaining our infrastructure and scientific research, and cutting regulations that protect people and the environment from being harmed by corporations seeking profit.

Republicans have blocked every effort since the stimulus to maintain infrastructure, hire teachers, raise the minimum wage, give equal pay for women, stop special tax breaks for millionaires corporations (especially oil companies), stop tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country, provide student loan relief, help the long-term unemployed, and more. Instead they insist on even more tax breaks for oil companies and billionaires, on cutting environmental protections, deregulating oil companies, and so on.

Obstruction Using Senate Filibusters

How many bills have been filibustered by Senate Republicans since President Obama took office? Bloomberg’s Jonathan Bernstein, in “All Filibusters, All the Time (http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-05-09/all-filibusters-all-the-time),” writes, “The correct count of how many bills have been filibustered during

Obama’s presidency is: approximately all of them.”

That’s what it means to have a 60-vote Senate, which is what Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and the Republicans declared as soon as Obama was elected. Almost every measure and, until Majority Leader Harry Reid and the Democrats invoked the nuclear option last fall, almost every nomination, had to have 60 or more votes to pass. That’s a filibuster.

Source:

https://ourfuture.org/20140923/the-cost-to-our-economy-from-republican-obstruction-and-sabotage

Yet, Obama is blamed for not "doing enough" for the economy! Republicans just make him the scapegoat.

He could have stopped the rise of the ocean if it was for those damn republicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto

debbietoo
08-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Republicans and democrats could work together I truly believe. The GOP today has become so extreme and so far to the right they are completely off the spectrum. They want to continually cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and multinational corporations, which will never increase tax revenue. They don't want to raise minimum wage. How will this get low income and the poor off welfare and food stamps? Their policies just don't make sense!

Subdermal
08-21-2016, 03:39 PM
If that was the case, why do you oppose the same policies you liked in G.W? I mean, policy wise, he was Bush 2.0.

Conversely, how do you call Bush the worst ever while simultaneously vehemently defending Obama, if the policies mirror?

Subdermal
08-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Republicans and democrats could work together I truly believe. The GOP today has become so extreme and so far to the right they are completely off the spectrum. They want to continually cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans and multinational corporations, which will never increase tax revenue. They don't want to raise minimum wage. How will this get low income and the poor off welfare and food stamps? Their policies just don't make sense!

Do you ignore documented history? Every time taxes have been cut, the opposite of what you claim has happened.

In addition: please document how today's GOP is 'right' of those in the past, as it is my contention - which I'll support as rebuttal to your documented claim - that they've gone far left, and not 'right', as you claim.

Go, debbietoo.

The Xl
08-21-2016, 04:14 PM
He's still popular despite everything going to shit because he's the lefts Ronald Reagan. He can do no wrong in their eyes. He's also undeniably charismatic, and that helps.

Safety
08-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Conversely, how do you call Bush the worst ever while simultaneously vehemently defending Obama, if the policies mirror?

Easy, you have never seen me say Bush was the worst ever, in fact, as presidents go, he was probably one of the most respected for acting presidential.

DGUtley
08-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Who said I liked Bush's policies?

please reference which policies you are referring to, though?

Safety
08-21-2016, 06:24 PM

You said "we" so I took that to meaning you were speaking for all conservatives. There have been many examples of conservatives liking the policies of Bush, like the war on terror, using drones, and killing Americans overseas, but suddenly not liking it when Obumer does it.

debbietoo
08-21-2016, 06:57 PM
I agree Obama continued some of the same policies of Bush (such as extending Bush tax cuts for 2 years after taking office, which increased deficit) and staying in Iraq. We should have left Iraq long ago. However, it was Bush's decision to invade Iraq, not Obama's. However, there has been a lot of obstruction by republicans in congress to pass legislation that would have helped the middle class. Obama continues to take the blame for that.

Peter1469
08-21-2016, 07:04 PM

The establishment GOP is dem lite.

We need a free market revolution. Not more government dictate.

Bethere
08-21-2016, 10:02 PM

so, you voted for Kerry and Gore?

:rollseyes: