PDA

View Full Version : Trump just admitted his entire immigration posture is a big scam

Cigar
08-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Source: Washington Post

Asked directly by O’Reilly whether he is “really rethinking your mass deportation strategy,” Trump replied: “I just want to follow the law. What I’m doing is following the law….We’re going to obey the existing laws.” Trump added:

“The first thing we’re gonna do, if and when I win, is we’re gonna get rid of all the bad ones. We have gang members, we have killers, we have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country…they’re gonna be out of this country so fast your head will spin. We have existing laws that allow you to do that. As far as everybody else, we’re going to go through the process. What people don’t know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush, the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I’m going to do the same thing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam

It would appear the wingnuts haven't caught on that Trump's immigration plan is to continue President Obama's immigration plan.

Give them time. :laugh:

AZ Jim
08-23-2016, 04:57 PM
But that's just the latest position, give it a few hours.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Asked directly by O’Reilly whether he is “really rethinking your mass deportation strategy,” Trump replied: “I just want to follow the law. What I’m doing is following the law….We’re going to obey the existing laws.” Trump added:

“The first thing we’re gonna do, if and when I win, is we’re gonna get rid of all the bad ones. We have gang members, we have killers, we have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country…they’re gonna be out of this country so fast your head will spin. We have existing laws that allow you to do that. As far as everybody else, we’re going to go through the process. What people don’t know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush, the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I’m going to do the same thing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam)

It would appear the wingnuts haven't caught on that Trump's immigration plan is to continue President Obama's immigration plan.

You misunderstand. No biggie.

decedent
08-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Trump said he's going to continue Obama's tactics on immigration, which is a wise thing to do.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Trump said he's going to continue Obama's tactics on immigration, which is a wise thing to do.
Why do you lie? Mrs. BJ Clinton is that you?

decedent
08-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Why do you lie?

Trump said he's going to continue Obama's policy on immigration. Google it.

zelmo1234
08-23-2016, 05:17 PM
I happened to watch that interview last night.

And it is a nice Cherry picking job.

I love the left and Democrats, There is a Reason that they love them some Hillary.

It is because they are as dishonest as she is.

Trump made it clear to Bill that he was going to enforce Existing Immigration laws.

Of course he maintained that they were going to build a wall, and that has already been approved by congress, the Democrats just defunded it in 2006.

He said that the very first thing they were going to do after the wall was underway is get rid of the Criminals Element that are in the illegals.

Then he said they would continue to follow the law and they would do it compassionately.

I am so sick of these lies. We have to defeat liberalism. They must be voted out of all position of power higher than a Dog catcher.

You can't have these thieves and liars making policy for the USA

Bethere
08-23-2016, 05:39 PM
I happened to watch that interview last night.

And it is a nice Cherry picking job.

I love the left and Democrats, There is a Reason that they love them some Hillary.

It is because they are as dishonest as she is.

Trump made it clear to Bill that he was going to enforce Existing Immigration laws.

Of course he maintained that they were going to build a wall, and that has already been approved by congress, the Democrats just defunded it in 2006.

He said that the very first thing they were going to do after the wall was underway is get rid of the Criminals Element that are in the illegals.

Then he said they would continue to follow the law and they would do it compassionately.

I am so sick of these lies. We have to defeat liberalism. They must be voted out of all position of power higher than a Dog catcher.

You can't have these thieves and liars making policy for the USA

2 contrasting views:

1. Obama sucks.
2. Obama rocks.

Trump wants to have it both ways.

I find it interesting we have this change on position just hours after he got his first intelligence briefing.

good times!

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Trump said he's going to continue Obama's policy on immigration. Google it.
What did Trump actually say?

exploited
08-23-2016, 05:40 PM
The wall will never be built. It is just naivete to imagine otherwise.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:41 PM
The wall will never be built. It is just naivete to imagine otherwise.
It will not only be built, one day you will go see it on your vacation.

Bethere
08-23-2016, 05:42 PM

The OP thoughtful provided quotes already. I requote them for you here:

“I just want to follow the law. What I’m doing is following the law….We’re going to obey the existing laws.” Trump added:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-is-a-big-scam (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam)

exploited
08-23-2016, 05:43 PM

I'm going to break my rule of not responding to you by making you a bet. I will e-transfer you $50 if Trump gets elected and construction of this wall begins. But if he doesn't get elected, or he bails on the wall, you will send me $25. Deal?

Bethere
08-23-2016, 05:44 PM

If it is built your doomed texan secessionist friends will have one less escape route after November 8.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:45 PM

“I just want to follow the law. What I’m doing is following the law….We’re going to obey the existing laws.” Trump added:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-is-a-big-scam (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam)
Trump's position has not changed. Thanks.

Bethere
08-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Trump's position has not changed. Thanks.

And blatant trump fans will see no difference, just as i predicted.

Mac-7
08-23-2016, 05:49 PM

The wall is authorized by congress since the 1986 amnesty

but it has not been taken seriously by any president, democrst or republican.

trump will have the power to change that

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm going to break my rule of not responding to you by making you a bet. I will e-transfer you $50 if Trump gets elected and construction of this wall begins. But if he doesn't get elected, or he bails on the wall, you will send me $25. Deal?
While it would be easy money for me I do not bet.

I was a systems engineer on two different wall proposals during my 14 years with NGC. The physical wall will be part of a sophisticated barrier and command and control system. We know how to do this stuff. The appropriate laws are in place. They have been for at least a decade. All that was lacking was political leadership. President Trump will provide the leadership.

President Trump takes office in January. The Request for Proposal will be released in May. Proposals will be due in July. In September the government will announce multiple winners. Construction will begin before Thanksgiving. It will take three years to complete it including multiple government acceptance tests. I predict the government will accept the work sector by sector.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:51 PM
There is no difference. You ae too smart by half.

exploited
08-23-2016, 05:52 PM

I was a systems engineer on two different wall proposals during my 14 years with NGC. The physical wall will be part of a sophisticated barrier and command and control system. We know how to do this stuff. The appropriate laws are in place. They have been for at least a decade. All that was lacking was political leadership. President Trump will provide the leadership.

President Trump takes office in January. The Request for Proposal will be released in May. Proposals will be due in July. In September the government will announce multiple winners. Construction will begin before Thanksgiving. It will take three years to complete it including multiple government acceptance tests. I predict the government will accept the work sector by sector.

Too bad, I could always use more beer money.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 05:53 PM
If it is built your doomed texan secessionist friends will have one less escape route after November 8.
I would move back to Texas if I thought they would pull the trigger.

The next American war will be a rebellion, not a civil war. I believe the planning is underway.

hanger4
08-23-2016, 05:55 PM

Secure Fence Act of 2006

Look it up and implore Trump to follow the law.

hanger4
08-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Just another infrastructure job !! What seems to be the problem ??

Mac-7
08-23-2016, 06:01 PM

The open borders crowd worry that this project may actually be shovel ready

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 06:02 PM
It won't be a problem.

The system will require counter-tunneling technologies. I know just the thing.

decedent
08-23-2016, 06:30 PM

"What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush, the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I'm going to do the same thing." ~~ Donald Trump, August 22, 2016

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 06:33 PM
"What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush, the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. Well, I'm going to do the same thing." ~~ Donald Trump, August 22, 2016
Right. Trump is going to use existing laws to get illegal aliens out of the country.

In your imaginings what do you believe has changed? A Trump executive branch can begin on his first day in office. What were you expecting?

zelmo1234
08-23-2016, 06:38 PM
2 contrasting views:

1. Obama sucks.
2. Obama rocks.

Trump wants to have it both ways.

I find it interesting we have this change on position just hours after he got his first intelligence briefing.

good times!

And yet only those that believed the liberal lie that Trump was going to hunt down and deport anyone and everyone that was even Friends with a Hispanic, can see the drastic change in his position.

But that is the left, all they have it lies and deception because they do not have ONE policy that will change things for the better.

They are takers that want the spoils of others labor. The is nothing of worth in their souls. The said part is they have deceived a lot of Good people that actually believe that they care.

But times are changing, for the first time in my life, the poor and minorities are questioning the Democrats.

Only good can come from that.

decedent
Right. Trump is going to use existing laws to get illegal aliens out of the country.

In your imaginings what do you believe has changed? A Trump executive branch can begin on his first day in office. What were you expecting?

The only imaginings are yours: I said that Trump will continue Obama's tactics on immigration.

zelmo1234

And I would guess that this was new information for Mr. Trump, why would anyone not acknowledge that?

Cigar
08-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Step One:

zelmo1234
08-23-2016, 06:40 PM
The only imaginings are yours: I said that Trump will continue Obama's tactics on immigration.

Well I hope that he does those and adds many others to it! But stopping all deportation while you are getting other systems in place would be silly, don't you think

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 06:40 PM
He said he would enforce the existing laws. Do you understand the difference?

hanger4
08-23-2016, 06:52 PM

Trump said he'd follow the law.

Secure Fence Act of 2006. Look it up. Tell Obama to follow the law. Not to mention Obama attempted to skirt immigration law with an EO and was shot down by the court's.

decedent
08-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Trump said he'd follow the law.

Secure Fence Act of 2006. Look it up. Tell Obama to follow the law. Not to mention Obama attempted to skirt immigration law with an EO and was shot down by the court's.

Only an idiot thinks Trump will build wall or even ramp up deportation.

How about cracking down on employers who pay less than minimum wage -- no American citizen is going to work for $3/hr. That guy with the van who picks up the migrant workers on the corner at 6 AM so he can exploit cheap labor is the problem.

MisterVeritis
08-23-2016, 08:03 PM

How about cracking down on employers who pay less than minimum wage -- no American citizen is going to work for $3/hr. That guy with the van who picks up the migrant workers on the corner at 6 AM so he can exploit cheap labor is the problem.
Cool. In your ledger put me in your "idiot" column.

We will have a wall. We will have deportations. We will also have rising wages once the illegals are gone. We also need to end legal immigration until we come up with an immigration system that benefits the nation and not the democratic party. That should take a couple of years. i hope we can see a very large drop in legal immigration for at least the next decade.

Mac-7
08-24-2016, 03:30 AM
Well I hope that he does those and adds many others to it! But stopping all deportation while you are getting other systems in place would be silly, don't you think

The wall would make a big difference.

it does no good to deport someone if they come right back across the border the next day

hanger4
08-24-2016, 06:19 AM

The wall is law.

I'm all for companies being punished for hiring illegals.

Truth Detector
08-24-2016, 06:23 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/08/23/trump-just-admitted-his-entire-immigration-posture-is-a-big-scam

What part is the scam? I find your rant amusing in that the candidate you desperately support does nothing but scam. :rofl:

Truth Detector
08-24-2016, 06:26 AM

But that's just the latest position, give it a few hours.

:rofl:

Obama: I have always believed that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Obama: If you like your plan, you can keep it.

Obama: If you like your doctor you can keep them.

Obama: "We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,"

Yep; when it comes to flip flops and scamming gullible dimwits, Obama and Hillary are the King and Queen of scams. :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
08-24-2016, 06:27 AM

Truth Detector
08-24-2016, 06:30 AM