PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian leader Gary Johnson calls Trump Fascist

decedent
08-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Gary Johnson increased his attacks on Donald Trump on Tuesday, saying that he would consider him a fascist.

“It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,” he told (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/donald-trump-on-the-issues.html?inline=nyt-per) The New York Times, when asked if he thought Trump is a fascist. “Where’s the Constitution in all this?”

Johnson’s increased attacks on Trump come as he is trying to reach the 15 percent threshold in national polls to make the presidential debates. Johnson is also competing against Jill Stein, the Green Party ticket, and Evan McMullin, who recently mounted an independent bid for president, in portraying himself as an alternative to Trump and Hillary Clinton, two of the most unpopular nominees in history.

Source: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/gary-johnson-trump-fascist-227339#ixzz4IHQu3VAC

I know libertarians have an obsession with tyranny, fascism and chem trails, but Johnson seems to have a good point. Trump is talking about stripping rights from large groups of citizens, repealing amendments, an increasing law enforcement. This is straight out of a dictator's playbook.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 02:52 PM
I know libertarians have an obsession with tyranny, fascism and chem trails, but Johnson seems to have a good point. Trump is talking about stripping rights from large groups of citizens, repealing amendments, an increasing law enforcement. This is straight out of a dictator's playbook.
Your charges should be easily proven.

1) which group of citizens is Trump talking about stripping rights from?
2) which amendments is Trump talking about repealing (not that there is anything wrong with repealing an amendment)
3) Given that blacklivesmatter why wouldn't you want effective policing?

In what way are any of the above indications of fascism?

hanger4
08-24-2016, 02:57 PM

"Trump is talking about stripping rights from large groups of citizens,"

What large group of citizens would that be ??

"repealing amendments,"

What amendments is he referring to ??

zelmo1234
08-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Well if anyone actually thinks that Johnson is a libertarian, He is not.

If he does not even know Fascism when he sees it?

Well add that to the list of reasons why I can't support him

Chris
08-24-2016, 03:24 PM
That's not really what fascism is, or was, as today it's just a pejorative.

nic34
08-24-2016, 03:35 PM
George OrwellWhat is Fascism?

http://www.orwell.ru/library/articles/As_I_Please/english/efasc

Pretty much everyone.

decedent
08-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Your charges should be easily proven.

1) which group of citizens is Trump talking about stripping rights from?
2) which amendments is Trump talking about repealing (not that there is anything wrong with repealing an amendment)
3) Given that blacklivesmatter why wouldn't you want effective policing?

In what way are any of the above indications of fascism?

1) Trump wants to violate the First Amendment by closing Mosques.
2) He wants to repeal the 14th Amendment.
3) Not at all. Expanding and militarizing the police is what caused this mess.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 06:09 PM
1) Trump wants to violate the First Amendment by closing Mosques.
2) He wants to repeal the 14th Amendment.
3) Not at all. Expanding and militarizing the police is what caused this mess.

How would closing mosques (and reading rooms) violate the first amendment?

Your second is utter nonsense. You and Johnson might be the only two people who believe it. Resolving the anchor baby problem requires nothing more than a sense of Congress vote. They could make it stronger with a law.

Three is nonsense as well. What caused this mess is welfare, brought on by Democrats to harm and enslave blacks. It worked.

Not one is fascistic.

decedent
08-24-2016, 06:10 PM

Wow. Just wow.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 06:13 PM

Wow. Just wow.
I understand if it is too complicated.

decedent
08-24-2016, 06:22 PM

I understand if it is too complicated.

Since you don't know the BoR:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Since you don't know the BoR:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Now explain how closing mosques interferes. Do you believe the first amendment is a suicide pact? Or can we close down a criminal, terrorist creating enterprise without regard to the free exercise of religion?

Islam is a complete replacement for a free, republican form of government. We do not have to put up with the Muslims nor with the IslamoNAZIs Obama brought in.

What else do you have?

decedent
08-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Now explain how closing mosques interferes. Do you believe the first amendment is a suicide pact? Or can we close down a criminal, terrorist creating enterprise without regard to the free exercise of religion?

Islam is a complete replacement for a free, republican form of government. We do not have to put up with the Muslims nor with the IslamoNAZIs Obama brought in.

What else do you have?

I'm done with you. You don't know what freedom of religion is and I'm not about to explain it to you.

hanger4
08-24-2016, 07:01 PM
I'm done with you. You don't know what freedom of religion is and I'm not about to explain it to you.

Is it ok if some of these mosques, or any church for that matter, preach sedition

Ethereal
08-24-2016, 07:01 PM
Trump is about as close to a fascist as they come. He's nationalistic, populist, and authoritarian, which are the hallmarks of fascism.

Granted, he may not be a full-blown fascist, but he's pretty dang close.

But Clinton is something even worse than a fascist - she's a globalist.

And instead of being nationalistic and populist, globalists are utterly unprincipled, opportunistic elitists who will do almost anything that international corporate giants tell them to do.

Which is why I consider Trump the lesser of two evils, despite his obvious fascist leanings.

That doesn't mean I am going to vote for him, mind you. But it does put things in perspective.

Safety
08-24-2016, 07:09 PM

Your second is utter nonsense. You and Johnson might be the only two people who believe it. Resolving the anchor baby problem requires nothing more than a sense of Congress vote. They could make it stronger with a law.

Three is nonsense as well. What caused this mess is welfare, brought on by Democrats to harm and enslave blacks. It worked.

Not one is fascistic.

Yo, did you seriously just ask that question?

debbietoo
08-24-2016, 07:17 PM

Plus one. I wouldn't vote for Gary JOhnson, however, because he will just promote republican policies in the White House.

donttread
08-24-2016, 07:50 PM

But Gary should know better. He should not have used the word fascist because people won't understand it. He needs to break it down a lot further, maybe with some pictures, if he wants to convert Donkephants. You gotta know your audiance and what there limitations are.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 08:19 PM
And you are a troll. Not a bright troll. Well, trolls are not bright, are they?

You don't get to kill Americans because we have freedom to speak. Flake.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 08:20 PM

Yo, did you seriously just ask that question?
Would you like to try your hand?

Go ahead. Make my day.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 08:20 PM
The coward retreats.

MisterVeritis
08-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Trump is about as close to a fascist as they come. He's nationalistic, populist, and authoritarian, which are the hallmarks of fascism.

Granted, he may not be a full-blown fascist, but he's pretty dang close.

Nonsense. But make your case.

Safety
08-24-2016, 08:24 PM

Would you like to try your hand?

Go ahead. Make my day.
You don't consider freedom of religion as being covered under the first amendment?

Mister D
08-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Has Trump suggested closing mosques (as in all mosques and simply for being mosques) or mosques tied to Islamic radicalism?

Captain Obvious
08-24-2016, 11:43 PM
Has Trump suggested closing mosques (as in all mosques and simply for being mosques) or mosques tied to Islamic radicalism?

Well, he called for the banning of all Muslim immigration.

Mac-7
08-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Naturally johnson would attack trump instead of hillary because johnson can only take votes from the republicans.

which does not help him because he cant win

but it really, REALLY hurts trump and helps elect hillary

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 10:13 AM
You don't consider freedom of religion as being covered under the first amendment?
Sure. I do not consider Islam a religion. It is a complete replacement for western democratic government. It has no place in a free, open, western republic.

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Well, he called for the banning of all Muslim immigration.
That sounds very good to me. We don't need Muslims nor the IslamoNAZIs that always show up where Muslims live.

Bethere
08-25-2016, 11:12 AM
That sounds very good to me. We don't need Muslims nor the IslamoNAZIs that always show up where Muslims live.

Wow.

Bethere
08-25-2016, 11:13 AM
Sure. I do not consider Islam a religion. It is a complete replacement for western democratic government. It has no place in a free, open, western republic.

Wow.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Ok, that's fine that you don't consider it a religion, because it is. Therefore it is guaranteed the same protections under the law as Christianity. If you would be upset by a president closing methodist or baptist churches, then you should have the same outrage at a president closing a mosque.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:47 AM

Doesn't matter, for if Westboro church haven't caused christian churches to be closed because Westboro activists are douchebags, then mosques shouldn't be closed because of muslim douchebags.

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Ok, that's fine that you don't consider it a religion, because it is. Therefore it is guaranteed the same protections under the law as Christianity. If you would be upset by a president closing methodist or baptist churches, then you should have the same outrage at a president closing a mosque.
Islam is not a religion. It is a means of attack and subversion. It's purpose is to conquer and subjugate. No thanks. Close the Mosques and reading rooms. Deport all non-citizen Muslims who will not publicly renounce Sharia. Do not let any more Muslims enter the country until they renounce Sharia publicly.

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Doesn't matter, for if Westboro church haven't caused christian churches to be closed because Westboro activists are douchebags, then mosques shouldn't be closed because of muslim douchebags.
Westboro, with whatever flaws they have, are not in a position to subvert our laws and replace them with a drop in replacement that is anti-western, anti-liberty, and anti-democratic. Islam with Sharia intends to supplant our laws. Keep them out.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Islam is not a religion. It is a means of attack and subversion. It's purpose is to conquer and subjugate. No thanks. Close the Mosques and reading rooms. Deport all non-citizen Muslims who will not publicly renounce Sharia. Do not let any more Muslims enter the country until they renounce Sharia publicly.

Sorry, you just don't get how this whole Constitution thing works, do you? The same protections it gives you from the government, gives other citizens. The sad part is how you think you are in the right about trying to oppress muslims.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Westboro, with whatever flaws they have, are not in a position to subvert our laws and replace theme with a drop in replacement that is anti-western, anti-liberty, and anti-democratic. Islam with Sharia intends to supplant our laws. Keep them out.

Once again, the law does not state "religious freedom, if you are Christian".

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Sorry, you just don't get how this whole Constitution thing works, do you? The same protections it gives you from the government, gives other citizens. The sad part is how you think you are in the right about trying to oppress muslims.
You are the one who is confused. When we were fighting the Cold War we did not allow communists to come into out country. We surveilled them. We did not allow them to flourish.

I don't want to oppress the islamists. I want to boot them out of our country.

MisterVeritis
08-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Once again, the law does not state "religious freedom, if you are Christian".
Nor does it say subversives welcome.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:58 AM
You are the one who is confused. When we were fighting the Cold War we did not allow communists to come into out country. We surveilled them. We did not allow them to flourish.

I don't want to oppress the islamists. I want to boot them out of our country.

Safety
08-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Nor does it say subversives welcome.
When you get it changed to reflect your view, let me know.

nic34
08-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Wow.

Yup he drank the koolaid....

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.121347061.3601/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg

Chris
08-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Yup he drank the koolaid....

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.121347061.3601/sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg

Probably drank from this cup...

https://i.snag.gy/pi5yz0.jpg