PDA

View Full Version : Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State

Professor Peabody
08-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State

By STEPHEN BRAUN and EILEEN SULLIVAN

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It's an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.

https://apnews.com/82df550e1ec646098b434f7d5771f625/Many-donors-to-Clinton-Foundation-met-with-her-at-State

Looks like the best Secretary of State money can buy to me. I can only ask Hillary supporters, why would the Presidency of the United States be any less for sale than the Secretary of State's office if Hillary is elected? What, she's going to just stop if she's President? Hardly, the price for a night in the Lincoln bedroom just went up. Sanders supporters who plan on voting for Hillary, how did you get from Bernie's beliefs to Hillary's? Hillary represents everything Bernie was against. How can you look at yourselves in the mirror in the morning and vote for Hillary?

Peter1469
08-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Paying for access isn't illegal. It is politics. A quid pro quo would be illegal. Of course Americans don't like politics as normal.

Professor Peabody
08-24-2016, 05:59 PM
Paying for access isn't illegal. It is politics. A quid pro quo would be illegal. Of course Americans don't like politics as normal.

5 CFR 2635.702 - Use of public office for private gain.

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

Even to non profits.

Peter1469
08-24-2016, 06:03 PM
That is what I said. The Latin part covered it.

Tahuyaman
08-24-2016, 06:20 PM
If you want to play, you gotta pay.

Professor Peabody
08-28-2016, 04:30 AM
If you want to play, you gotta pay.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61364430.jpg

Just imagine if she becomes President?

Tahuyaman
08-28-2016, 08:33 AM
At least I'm sure she won't have any blue dresses, or pant suits for that matter, stained in the Oval Office.

donttread
08-28-2016, 08:35 AM

Illegal and right are two very different things sometimes.

Mini Me
08-28-2016, 10:18 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61364430.jpg

Just imagine if she becomes President?

With Hillary, the Lincoln bedroom will become a profit center with Bill and Epstein charging admission to have the young girls!

Tahuyaman
08-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Nearly every day more corruption is exposed. The corruption of the Clinton's literally has no limits. It's endless.

It's incredible.

MisterVeritis
08-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Looks like the best Secretary of State money can buy to me. I can only ask Hillary supporters, why would the Presidency of the United States be any less for sale than the Secretary of State's office if Hillary is elected? What, she's going to just stop if she's President? Hardly, the price for a night in the Lincoln bedroom just went up. Sanders supporters who plan on voting for Hillary, how did you get from Bernie's beliefs to Hillary's? Hillary represents everything Bernie was against. How can you look at yourselves in the mirror in the morning and vote for Hillary? Crepitus. Are you paying attention? I know it is from the right wing blog, The Associated Press, but shouldn't you be slightly interested?

Crepitus
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Crepitus. Are you paying attention? I know it is from the right wing blog, The Associated Press, but shouldn't you be slightly interested?

I'm not voting for clinton. I don't want her in the white house any more than I want Trump there. I just object to the way all you conservatives jump to conclusions and then state them as facts.

Tahuyaman
08-29-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm not voting for clinton. I don't want her in the white house any more than I want Trump there. I just object to the way all you conservatives jump to conclusions and then state them as facts.

People like you ignore or deny the facts surrounding Mrs. Clinton. People like me use the facts to support a conclusion. The conclusion that she is utterly corrupt and unable to tell the truth.

exotix
08-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Were any from rogue-terrorist-nations ?

https://my2bucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bush-saudi-hand-holding-2.jpg

The Xl
08-29-2016, 03:40 PM
It's all bribery. She's the biggest offender, but they all do it. American politics is full of corruption and completely illegitimate.

Tahuyaman
08-29-2016, 03:58 PM
I don't know how some people can keep ignoring or denying the truth about Hillary Clinton. It's inexplicable.

AZ Jim
08-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Nearly every day more corruption is exposed. The corruption of the Clinton's literally has no limits. It's endless.

It's incredible.Go dig clams I imagine you know something about that. Just look for the little hole in the wet sand at low tide.

Crepitus
08-29-2016, 06:15 PM
People like you ignore or deny the facts surrounding Mrs. Clinton. People like me use the facts to support a conclusion. The conclusion that she is utterly corrupt and unable to tell the truth.
In this particular case it is not a fact that there was a "pay to play" system to meet with the secretary of state, it is a supposition.

MisterVeritis
08-29-2016, 06:19 PM
In this particular case it is not a fact that there was a "pay to play" system to meet with the secretary of state, it is a supposition.
This is what a Fan says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iiXWzqHRw.

Professor Peabody
08-29-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm not voting for clinton. I don't want her in the white house any more than I want Trump there. I just object to the way all you conservatives jump to conclusions and then state them as facts. You wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up and bit you on the privates.

Crepitus
08-29-2016, 11:34 PM
You wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up and bit you on the privates.

Well, that puts me on the same level with the rest of you guys.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 08:23 AM

It's incredible.

Go dig clams I imagine you know something about that. Just look for the little hole in the wet sand at low tide.

And people like ^^^ don't care. As long as there's a D after the name, they can be as corrupt as they want to be.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 08:25 AM

it is a fact and you hacks just don't care.

Crepitus
08-30-2016, 11:43 AM
it is a fact and you hacks just don't care.

It isn't a fact. It's what you think happened. An opinion, a supposition, conjecture, assumption, I might even go so far as to say a hope on your part.

Truth Detector
08-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Pay to Play; why it's the DNC way. ;)

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 02:23 PM
You see, the Clinton boot-lickers will deny any and all evidence of the Clinton's absolute corruption. Not only is their corruption limitless, the amount of corruption the partisan hacks will condone is limitless.

They now have zero credibility in the future when they cry about the illegal or corrupt actions of their political opponents.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 03:24 PM
It isn't a fact. It's what you think happened. An opinion, a supposition, conjecture, assumption, I might even go so far as to say a hope on your part.

Why do you now have any credibility to criticize the corruption of those on the opposite side of the political aisle?

Crepitus
08-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Why do you now have any credibility to criticize the corruption of those on the opposite side of the political aisle?
?

ripmeister
08-30-2016, 07:06 PM
What supposed corruptions have led to indictments. Your word choices matter. Hillarys problem is no matter what comes up there is presumption of guilt rather than innocence. Thankfully from a legal point of view there is a presumption of innocence still in this country. I'm not a fan of Hillary but this stuff anymore is another example of The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:08 PM
?

how can you have the credibility to criticize the corruption on one side if you deny it on the other? Is that too confusing for you?

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:09 PM
What supposed corruptions have led to indictments. Your word choices matter. Hillarys problem is no matter what comes up there is presumption of guilt rather than innocence. Thankfully from a legal point of view there is a presumption of innocence still in this country. I'm not a fan of Hillary but this stuff anymore is another example of The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Do those who engage in corrupt activities always get indicted?

Crepitus
08-30-2016, 07:19 PM
how can you have the credibility to criticize the corruption on one side if you deny it on the other? Is that too confusing for you?
Can you show me where I accused the Republican candidate of corruption?

ripmeister
08-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Do those who engage in corrupt activities always get indicted?

No but those who have not been indicted have not been proven to be corrupt. I prefer facts over supposition.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Can you show me where I accused the Republican candidate of corruption?
Let me take it slower just for you. If you are unwilling to criticize the obvious corruption of the Clinton's how will you be able to criticize it on the other side when it happens, which it will.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:26 PM
No but those who have not been indicted have not been proven to be corrupt. I prefer facts over supposition.

There are plenty of facts out there. You just need to quite ignoring them for partisan purposes.

ripmeister
08-30-2016, 07:37 PM
There are plenty of facts out there. You just need to quite ignoring them for partisan purposes.

Yet no indictments. I guess the supposed facts may not be such.

Peter1469
08-30-2016, 07:39 PM

Don't confuse a court of law with the court of public opinion. They are two different things. What Hillary did with a private server and classified information was a crime the government decided was too hard to try to prove. But everyday people know it was illegal.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Yet no indictments. I guess the supposed facts may not be such.

that's a ringing endorsement.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Like I said. Those who are willing to ignore, deny or trivialize obvious corruption are demonstrating exactly what kind of person they truly are.

Crepitus
08-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Let me take it slower just for you. If you are unwilling to criticize the obvious corruption of the Clinton's how will you be able to criticize it on the other side when it happens, which it will.
I actually have no doubt that it will, but in this case the haters are grasping at straws.

Tahuyaman
08-30-2016, 10:54 PM
I actually have no doubt that it will, but in this case the haters are grasping at straws.

No, you are denying the obvious because of partisanship.

Crepitus
08-31-2016, 07:23 AM
No, you are denying the obvious because of partisanship.
Nope, you are reading more in because of partisanship.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2016, 09:30 AM
Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and move on. Just let em go on believing in a lie.

ripmeister
08-31-2016, 10:06 AM

So what are the facts that prove corruption? The problem with a lot of people is they "have feelings". Trump refers to this all the time. People "feel" less secure, people feel like there is more crime etc. etc. etc. The data says otherwise. I try and draw my conclusions from the data, the facts, not feelings.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2016, 10:45 AM
So what are the facts that prove corruption? The problem with a lot of people is they "have feelings". Trump refers to this all the time. People "feel" less secure, people feel like there is more crime etc. etc. etc. The data says otherwise. I try and draw my conclusions from the data, the facts, not feelings.

When are you partisan types going to finally throw in the towel and admit the truth about the Clinton's?

Is that ever going to happen, or are going to keep denying the facts forever?

ripmeister
08-31-2016, 11:07 AM
When are you partisan types going to finally throw in the towel and admit the truth about the Clinton's?

Is that ever going to happen, or are going to keep denying the facts forever?

Just to set the record straight I'm an independent in search of truth. I can't respond though unless you cite the "facts" you mention.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Just to set the record straight I'm an independent in search of truth. I can't respond though unless you cite the "facts" you mention.

You really don't know any of the facts surrounding Hillary Clinton? Seriously?

Have you been living off the grid for the past year or so?

ripmeister
08-31-2016, 11:21 AM
You really don't know any of the facts surrounding Hillary Clinton? Seriously?

Have you been living off the grid for the past year or so?

No, I know a lot of facts about Hillary Clinton. I'm asking about which facts you are referring to. That's all. If you don't want to cite some then so be it.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2016, 12:38 PM
No, I know a lot of facts about Hillary Clinton. I'm asking about which facts you are referring to. That's all. If you don't want to cite some then so be it.

The facts which proves she is unable to ever tell the truth. The facts which demonstrate her utter corruption.

ripmeister
08-31-2016, 02:04 PM
The facts which proves she is unable to ever tell the truth. The facts which demonstrate her utter corruption.

Your use of superlatives invalidates any point you are trying to make.

Tahuyaman
08-31-2016, 02:31 PM
It's incredible how her fans can be so blindly loyal. I've never seen a group of people so able to ignore or deny that which is completely evident to everyone.