PDA

View Full Version : Hillary to Raise Minimum Wage to $12 per Hour Not $15 and Reasons Why

debbietoo
08-24-2016, 07:33 PM
I was curious to see if Hillary really planned on raising federal minimum wage as promised so I went to her website and found the information I wanted. I also found the reasoning for her lowering the amount of Federal Minimum wage amount. She stated in an interview on another site the reasoning behind the $12 amount. Rural area economies would not be able to handle $15 per hour amount.

Source (Hillary's minimum wage):

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/middle-class-needs-raise-heres-how-hillary-clinton-plans-do-it/

On another note, Hillary is giving an interview tonight on CNN, so please tune in! Will post another thread.

Ethereal
08-24-2016, 07:37 PM
What does she mean rural areas couldn't handle $15 an hour? I thought raising the minimum wage was good for the economy?

debbietoo
08-24-2016, 07:41 PM
What does she mean rural areas couldn't handle $15 an hour? I thought raising the minimum wage was good for the economy?

Hillary is fair and does not want to hurt the economy.

hanger4
08-24-2016, 07:43 PM
But debbietoo the cost of living is so much higher in NYC, don't they need $20 or $25 an hour ??

Green Arrow
08-24-2016, 07:45 PM
Oh, of course. It makes for a convenient excuse.

Newpublius
08-24-2016, 07:46 PM

Oh, I see, so she acknowledges that there are people not willing yonpay $15/hr but who would be willing tonpay $12/hr but can't grapple with the concept that there are some who will only be willing tonoay $10/hr but not $12?

zelmo1234
08-24-2016, 07:53 PM
So Where does the money come from? What about the people that make more than 12 dollars an hour They are actually going to get a pay cut?

Ethereal
08-24-2016, 07:58 PM

But I thought raising the minimum wage was good for the economy?

Common
08-24-2016, 09:25 PM
How many US citizens work for a minimum wage as of beginning of 2016?This a tricky one to answer since it's very easy for an employee to add a few cents to the Federal minimum wage and make it look like there are far fewer on it.
First let's take a look at what one needs to live in the USA
Increase in real value of the minimum wage since 1990: 21%
Increase in cost of living since 1990:67%
One year's earnings at the minimum wage: $15,080
Income required for a single worker to have real economic security: $30,000
Summary. You all got a lot poorer and it's getting worse.
Essentially this means that the Federal minimum wage needs to be doubled and that Hilary Clinton's shameful climb down to $12 will still leave many Americans in poverty. In a country as rich as the USA nobody who works hard should have to struggle financially.
According to the Economic Policy Institute’s State of Working America, a stunning 35 million Americans (http://www.stateofworkingamerica.org/charts/view/185) – 26 percent of the USA workforce – earn less than $10.55 an hour.
Of that number according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2013.pdf), last year 1.532 million hourly workers earned the federal minimum of $7.25 an hour; nearly 1.8 million more earned less than that because they fell under one of several exemptions (tipped employees, full-time students, certain disabled workers and others), for a total of 3.3 million hourly workers at or below the federal minimum.
Bear in mind that the 3.3 million figure doesn’t include salaried workers, although BLS says relatively few salaried workers are paid at what would translate into below-minimum hourly rates, though many of them fall under Bernie Sander's proposed $15 an hour.
So in terms of the number of people actually on the minimum wage, not really that many; it's the rate between 7.25 and $10.55 that is important since both areas leave you in poverty. But that's not the end of the story either, because, as we saw, you need to work two full time minimum wage jobs to have economic security. Earning $10.75 an hour is better than $7.25, but not by all that much.
How many earn under the $15 that Bernie Sanders has pledged?
Turns out it’s 42% of all U.S. workers.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-US-citizens-work-for-a-minimum-wage-as-of-beginning-of-2016

Peter1469
08-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Tell the kids to stay in school and pay attention. The minimum wage won't be an issue for them.

Newpublius
08-24-2016, 10:09 PM
According to the Economic Policy Institute’s State of Working America, a stunning 35 million Americans (http://www.stateofworkingamerica.org/charts/view/185) – 26 percent of the USA workforce – earn less than $10.55 an hour. [/URL]

That is false: [url]http://www.bls.gov/news.release/wkyeng.t05.htm (https://www.quora.com/How-many-US-citizens-work-for-a-minimum-wage-as-of-beginning-of-2016)

TrueBlue
08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
I was curious to see if Hillary really planned on raising federal minimum wage as promised so I went to her website and found the information I wanted. I also found the reasoning for her lowering the amount of Federal Minimum wage amount. She stated in an interview on another site the reasoning behind the $12 amount. Rural area economies would not be able to handle $15 per hour amount.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/middle-class-needs-raise-heres-how-hillary-clinton-plans-do-it/

On another note, Hillary is giving an interview tonight on CNN, so please tune in! Will post another thread.
That is more in line with what she had been proposing all along. Although she did say that for those who were wanting $15.00 an hour, if the state they lived in approved of that amount then she would go along with it also.

Subdermal
08-25-2016, 12:13 AM

Doesn't it suck when your handlers pull the rug from under your feet and make your prior passionate cut-'n-paste look stupid with one press release?

Subdermal
08-25-2016, 12:18 AM
How many US citizens work for a minimum wage as of beginning of 2016?

This a tricky one to answer since it's very easy for an employee to add a few cents to the Federal minimum wage and make it look like there are far fewer on it.
First let's take a look at what one needs to live in the USA
Increase in real value of the minimum wage since 1990: 21%
Increase in cost of living since 1990:67%
One year's earnings at the minimum wage: $15,080
Income required for a single worker to have real economic security: $30,000
Summary. You all got a lot poorer and it's getting worse.
Essentially this means that the Federal minimum wage needs to be doubled and that Hilary Clinton's shameful climb down to $12 will still leave many Americans in poverty. In a country as rich as the USA nobody who works hard should have to struggle financially.
According to the Economic Policy Institute’s State of Working America, a stunning 35 million Americans (http://www.stateofworkingamerica.org/charts/view/185) – 26 percent of the USA workforce – earn less than $10.55 an hour.
Of that number according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2013.pdf), last year 1.532 million hourly workers earned the federal minimum of $7.25 an hour; nearly 1.8 million more earned less than that because they fell under one of several exemptions (tipped employees, full-time students, certain disabled workers and others), for a total of 3.3 million hourly workers at or below the federal minimum.
Bear in mind that the 3.3 million figure doesn’t include salaried workers, although BLS says relatively few salaried workers are paid at what would translate into below-minimum hourly rates, though many of them fall under Bernie Sander's proposed $15 an hour.
So in terms of the number of people actually on the minimum wage, not really that many; it's the rate between 7.25 and $10.55 that is important since both areas leave you in poverty. But that's not the end of the story either, because, as we saw, you need to work two full time minimum wage jobs to have economic security. Earning $10.75 an hour is better than $7.25, but not by all that much.
How many earn under the $15 that Bernie Sanders has pledged?
Turns out it’s 42% of all U.S. workers.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-US-citizens-work-for-a-minimum-wage-as-of-beginning-of-2016

Quora is a laughably terrible source.

FindersKeepers
08-25-2016, 04:39 AM

At least we finally got you to admit that raising the minimum wage hurts the economy.

FindersKeepers
08-25-2016, 04:41 AM
That is more in line with what she had been proposing all along. Although she did say that for those who were wanting $15.00 an hour, if the state they lived in approved of that amount then she would go along with it also.

She weaseled out of that one quite well.

Newpublius
08-25-2016, 06:13 AM

She'd have no say RE: a higher state MW, what she said is that if Congress sent her $15 MW she'd sign it. At the time Sanders was next to her on the debate stage and he retorted, "Well, that's expedient."......

Truth Detector
08-25-2016, 06:26 AM

So you need to force Hillary to understand that if raising the minimum Federal wage rate to $15, or even $35 an hour will be so much better for the economy!! :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
08-25-2016, 06:28 AM
Tell the kids to stay in school and pay attention. The minimum wage won't be an issue for them.

You still think the Liberal public educational establishment teaches??? :biglaugh:

Truth Detector
08-25-2016, 06:29 AM

:rofl:

Truth Detector
08-25-2016, 06:34 AM
Fascinating; Trump moderates his position on immigration and the left goes into conniptions. Hillary walks back the single most important agenda item on the planet for Liberals and it's "she doesn't want to harm the economy." This after most leftTards argued how it would help the economy.

Hillary Caught By ABC in ANOTHER LIE - Fight For $15 Minimum Wage - New York Primary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lYgmen7f5c

Peter1469
08-25-2016, 06:42 AM
You still think the Liberal public educational establishment teaches??? :biglaugh:

Any kid who wants to can take the material and learn. Plus outside resources thanks to Algore's Amazing Internets, peace be upon him. :wink:

Peter1469
08-25-2016, 06:44 AM
Fascinating; Trump moderates his position on immigration and the left goes into conniptions. Hillary walks back the single most important agenda item on the planet for Liberals and it's "she doesn't want to harm the economy." This after most leftTards argued how it would help the economy.

Hillary Caught By ABC in ANOTHER LIE - Fight For $15 Minimum Wage - New York Primary?

Has Trump flipped on gay marriage like Obama? Likely not, the gay lobby won't donate to him, so they have no leverage over Trump the way they did over Obama.

Truth Detector
08-25-2016, 06:45 AM
Any kid who wants to can take the material and learn. :wink:

Do you have children Peter? I am thinking that you don't. ;)

Peter1469
08-25-2016, 06:47 AM
Do you have children Peter? I am thinking that you don't. ;)

Not that I know of. :wink:

Jets
08-25-2016, 07:04 AM
What HRC is not gauging in her argument is how businesses may react to that. Companies will either roll the wage hikes to the consumers (negative effect) or go after its largest expense which is generally payroll. This could translate to people getting their hours cut(which negates the raise per hour) or get laid off (which adds them to unemployment)

Mac-7
08-25-2016, 08:20 AM

Ethereal asked you a fair question and you couldnt answer it.

so you gave him the mindless response above

if raising the minimum wage is good for the economy as liberals claim why is it bad for the rural economy?

bajisima
08-25-2016, 08:44 AM
Progressives are worried she appears to be softening on TPP as well. She just appointed Ken Salazar and he said we "desperately need TPP."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/291791-progressive-clinton-supporters-you-broke-it-you

zelmo1234
08-25-2016, 11:28 AM
Well I guess I will have to finally help our Liberal Friends out.

The money for Taxes, and Things like Minimum wage. Comes out of the Economy.

Oh! our friends on the left pretend that the Business owners just suck it up and take less profits. THAT OF COURSE THEY KNOW DOES NOT HAPPEN, And of course because of all the Free Trade agreements, you can only raise prices a little.

So where does it come from.

#1 Downsizing will be the number 1 areas where the money comes from. There will be Good news for some for those that keep their jobs, they will be making more, but more will be expected.

#2 Transferring the cost of benefits from Corporate to the employee. So the percentage of things like Insurance that they pay will go up to off set the new wages. Also Companies may cut back on Profit Sharing, or Matching funds for 401K programs could be cut back.

#3 Raising prices. Companies will pass along a small part of the increase to the consumers, which make the raise that people get worth a lot less, this also makes the wages of anyone making more than the new minimum wage have less disposable income, which causes purchases to decline, as they decline we don't need as many workers.

#4 This is actually the best way that it can happened because it does create a few higher paying jobs. Automation. You have all seen the self order booths at the fast food restaurants. there will allow employers to cut there staff by more than half.

#5 Cut R&D funds and put off expansion, This is the worst way that it can happen but the first thing to go in most cases, this puts all new jobs and hiring on hold. And again causes that decline in spending.

So there you have it. Feel GREAT about those new WAGES. Make sure you tell the people that loose their jobs that it was all part off the plan. Complement them or their Sacrifice, but understand that the owner that you were trying to stick it to? Well he or she was the only one that got a real raise out of the deal