PDA

View Full Version : Obama Sells Bunker Busters to Israel

Conley
09-25-2011, 09:01 AM
'Obama sold special bombs to Israel'

New report claims US secretly approved transfer of 'bunker buster' bombs that could be used in attack against Iran just months after Barack Obama took office, even though Bush administration had previously blocked deal

The upcoming issue of Newsweek, which is set to hit newsstands on Monday, claims that two years ago US President Barack Obama secretly approved the transfer of 55 "bunker-busters", a form of deep-penetrating bombs, to Israel. The country had been requesting the bombs since the time of the Bush administration, the Daily Beast website reported on Friday.

According to the report, US and Israeli officials told Newsweek that the GBU-28 type bombs, which could be potentially be used in an attack on Iran's nuclear sites, were transferred to Israel in 2009, just several months after Obama came into office.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4126503,00.html

So here we have more information about Obama and the change he promised! Do you think the WH is leaking this information to try to make up ground with the Jewish vote ahead of the election? I am sure they didn't pay full dollar...or probably anything at all. Your tax dollars at work! Israel doesn't need this kind of weaponry and is not going to be fighting a solo war against Iran any time soon. We would be the ones doing most of the fighting.

MMC
09-25-2011, 10:32 AM
'Obama sold special bombs to Israel'

New report claims US secretly approved transfer of 'bunker buster' bombs that could be used in attack against Iran just months after Barack Obama took office, even though Bush administration had previously blocked deal

The upcoming issue of Newsweek, which is set to hit newsstands on Monday, claims that two years ago US President Barack Obama secretly approved the transfer of 55 "bunker-busters", a form of deep-penetrating bombs, to Israel. The country had been requesting the bombs since the time of the Bush administration, the Daily Beast website reported on Friday.

According to the report, US and Israeli officials told Newsweek that the GBU-28 type bombs, which could be potentially be used in an attack on Iran's nuclear sites, were transferred to Israel in 2009, just several months after Obama came into office.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4126503,00.html

So here we have more information about Obama and the change he promised! Do you think the WH is leaking this information to try to make up ground with the Jewish vote ahead of the election? I am sure they didn't pay full dollar...or probably anything at all. Your tax dollars at work! Israel doesn't need this kind of weaponry and is not going to be fighting a solo war against Iran any time soon. We would be the ones doing most of the fighting.

That is such hypocrisy too. Moreover we should not sell any of our Military tech to other countries. I wouldn't give a shit who they are.

Conley
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh yes, complete and total hypocrite.

I find it disturbing that Obama keeps crossing military lines that Bush himself would not.

swannie
09-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Israel is our friend and really our only asset in the region. The other nations there are not worth our time. So it is an easy choice, either be friends with Israel or have nothing in the Middle East besides our colony in Iraq.

Conley
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't call Iraq a colony...not at all.

Israel is an ally but only in a loose sense. They do what is best for Israel and the United States should do the same, rather than politicians pandering to the Jewish-American vote.

Mister D
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM

Israel is an ally but only in a loose sense. They do what is best for Israel and the United States should do the same, rather than politicians pandering to the Jewish-American vote.

But that's true of everyone. All nations will ultimately do what is best for themselves.

If Iraq was a colony our presence there would at least make some more sense. I think you're right though. If this is the American version of colonialism it sure is one bizarre animal.

Conley
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM

But that's true of everyone. All nations will ultimately do what is best for themselves.

If Iraq was a colony our presence there would at least make some more sense. I think you're right though. If this is the American version of colonialism it sure is one bizarre animal.

But that's my point...all nations should do what is best for themselves, but we have politicians who put Israel ahead of U.S. interests more than they should trying to get the Jewish-American vote. Israel has no such conflict. And, not to single out the Jews, as the Cuban vote in Florida is the same way -- they demand harsh treatment of Cuba who imo is largely irrelevant.

MMC
09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
I would agree. US sovereignty comes first over all others. Hence why we should stop the sale of all our Military Tech.

Conley
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
I would agree. US sovereignty comes first over all others. Hence why we should stop the sale of all our Military Tech.

I wonder how much we make on these sales. In the case of Israel I believe they are sold for pennies on the dollar if that, and if you factor in cost of R and D we are probably taking a loss. Certainly if you factor in foreign aid that we provide on top of it.

MMC
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM

I wonder how much we make on these sales. In the case of Israel I believe they are sold for pennies on the dollar if that, and if you factor in cost of R and D we are probably taking a loss. Certainly if you factor in foreign aid that we provide on top of it.

660 million in arms to Saudi's this Year. What do we get for it. Not a Damn thing. Plus I wonder what the Israelis are saying about the Millions we were giving the Palestinians. Althought Obama did stop those millions this year. Pulling the funding for the NGO's. Which was due to the Palestinians wanting to investigate the NGO's. Plus their refusal to come back to the table.

she who must be obayed
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Would you expect anything else, after all we are the largest arms dealer in the world.
Besides at this point work is work.
As long as they use them on each other why should I care anymore. Isreal has the right to defend itself, beside I always believed they had devine intervention, what happened God stopped protecting the Jews.

Conley
10-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Would you expect anything else, after all we are the largest arms dealer in the world.
As long as they use them on each other why should I care anymore. Isreal has the right to defend itself, beside I always believed they had devine intervention, what happened God stopped protecting the Jews.

Good to see you back!

Well we have strategic advantages that we need to maintain. If we sell the technology that increases the likelihood of that tech falling into enemy hands.

Also there is the issue that Israel may not always be operating in the best interests of the U.S., nor should they be. So if they decided to start using these weapons on their neighbors, the region would destabilize, oil prices would go through the roof, and our economy would become even more messed up than it is now. All of these actions impact the entire planet so I don't think even if they 'just use them on each other' it still impacts us. I wish it weren't the case.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM
It is interesting to think about what the world's conflicts would look like with a substantially smaller arms market. During the Cold War, both the US and the USSR flooded the world with weaponry. There is a reason the AK-47 is the quintessential firearm of revolutionaries everywhere. The soviets flooded the market with them. They're everywhere. I guess if the demand is there the weapons will get to whoever wants them. Just a thought.

Conley
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
That's a good point too.

Even though the U.S. is the largest arms seller, in our absence it is not as if other nations would stop buying weapons. They would just get them from someone else.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
That's a good point too.

Even though the U.S. is the largest arms seller, in our absence it is not as if other nations would stop buying weapons. They would just get them from someone else.

Yeah, it's doubtful. If someone wants weapons they could probably get them somehow. On the other hand, the market was flooded during the Cold War. I guess it's kind of unreasonable to expect all US military assistance to end but what if it was severely cut back and other powers (Russia, China) did the same?

Conley
10-05-2011, 12:35 PM
That's a good point too.

Yeah, it's doubtful. If someone wants weapons they could probably get them somehow. On the other hand, the market was flooded during the Cold War. I guess it's kind of unreasonable to expect all US military assistance to end but what if it was severely cut back and other powers (Russia, China) did the same?

Well in that case things would certainly be a lot different, but I just can't imagine why all three would cut way back on their arms exports and other military aid. It'd be great if it happened, don't get me wrong. Maybe if Ron Paul were elected here, but there'd still be the same Congress to deal with.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
That's a good point too.

Well in that case things would certainly be a lot different, but I just can't imagine why all three would cut way back on their arms exports and other military aid. It'd be great if it happened, don't get me wrong. Maybe if Ron Paul were elected here, but there'd still be the same Congress to deal with.

Oh, this is totally hypothetical although I think the arms market may have been smaller before WW2 than it was after.

Conley
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Gotchya. That makes sense.

sasquatch
10-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Obama is trying to get the Jewish vote here in American. Isn't that obvious?

It won't help him! He's DONE!

Conley
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the board Sasquatch!

I agree that Obama is trying to get every vote he can at this point, Jewish or otherwise.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Obama is trying to get the Jewish vote here in American. Isn't that obvious?

It won't help him! He's DONE!

The Jewish vote is relatively meaningless. What BO and other Dems are afraid of is losing donors.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Hmm didn't realize that. I know New York is almost always blue, but what about Florida? Why meaningless?

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Hmm didn't realize that. I know New York is almost always blue, but what about Florida? Why meaningless?

There just aren't that many Jews in the US. 3.7% of FL is Jewish.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/usjewpop.html

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:22 PM
But...but...but all my dreams are shattered.

What about Seinfeld?

Coffee Talk?

I thought the Jews were everywhere. This is disappointing.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM

What about Seinfeld?

Coffee Talk?

I'm sure David Bananas head just exploded. :D

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:31 PM

What about Seinfeld?

Coffee Talk?

I'm sure David Bananas head just exploded. :D

Seriously, how can you plot to take over the world when there are so few of you? Seems like it would be a lot of work per person. Screw dat.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:33 PM
But let's face it...the Jewish population is pretty well off and pretty generous with the contributions. The Democrats don't want to miss out on the donations.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
But let's face it...the Jewish population is pretty well off and pretty generous with the contributions. The Democrats don't want to miss out on the donations.

Oh definitely. It takes a lot of money to oil that machine.

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM

You look at the demographic and you think who cares but they know who butters their bread.

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM

You look at the demographic and you think who cares but they know who butters their bread.

Is Bloomberg Jewish? I mean I know the name, but is he committed to the cause? He was a Republican and switched to Independent or is he still (R) ?

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:44 PM

Is Bloomberg Jewish? I mean I know the name, but is he committed to the cause? He was a Republican and switched to Independent or is he still (R) ?

Yeah, he is unmistakably Jewish. Do you have a significant Jewish population there outside Hollywood?

Conley
10-05-2011, 06:49 PM

Yeah, he is unmistakably Jewish. Do you have a significant Jewish population there outside Hollywood?

I guess not by population but by area and wealth definitely. There is this huge and super fancy Jewish Community Center not far from here. I'm not sure how that works but the building and grounds are very pimp. O0

Mister D
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
According to the chart I cited NY's Jewish population is actually pretty significant.

Conley
10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
According to the chart I cited NY's Jewish population is actually pretty significant.

True. What's South Dakota's problem? >:D

Mister D
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM

:D 295 Jews in South Dakota. I might be able to sell Dave and Jen some timeshares. 8)

Conley
10-05-2011, 07:18 PM

:D 295 Jews in South Dakota. I might be able to sell Dave and Jen some timeshares. 8)

:D Beautiful country. And lots of it! I wonder how they're doing it. Weird how we haven't gotten many trolls here since the reopening. I imagine they'll show up eventually. Andrew Wang!

Mister D
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM

:D Beautiful country. And lots of it! I wonder how they're doing it. Weird how we haven't gotten many trolls here since the reopening. I imagine they'll show up eventually. Andrew Wang!

Yeah, I guess that is kind of weird. We've had a few weirdos but no committed troll worth his salt.

Conley
10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Maybe Obama was right. We're in a post-racial era. No more anti-semitism either. Just puppies and rainbows from now on! ;D

Mister D
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Maybe Obama was right. We're in a post-racial era. No more anti-semitism either. Just puppies and rainbows from now on! ;D

:o :o :o :o ;D

she who must be obayed
10-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Good to see you back!

Well we have strategic advantages that we need to maintain. If we sell the technology that increases the likelihood of that tech falling into enemy hands.

Also there is the issue that Israel may not always be operating in the best interests of the U.S., nor should they be. So if they decided to start using these weapons on their neighbors, the region would destabilize, oil prices would go through the roof, and our economy would become even more messed up than it is now. All of these actions impact the entire planet so I don't think even if they 'just use them on each other' it still impacts us. I wish it weren't the case.

With out the USA Isreal does not survive. Until they recieved nuclear weapons from us.
If you want this pronlem resolved than move the United Nations to Isreal and see how fast this problem is solved. Anything can destabilize oil prices today.

Conley
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Good to see you back!

With out the USA Isreal does not survive. Until they recieved nuclear weapons from us.
If you want this pronlem resolved than move the United Nations to Isreal and see how fast this problem is solved. Anything can destabilize oil prices today.

They wouldn't survived in the past without our help for certain. Now, depending on however many weapons they have from us I don't know if they would lose a conventional (non-nuclear) war or not. But yes, Israel is very dependent on the US. Not all destabilizations are equivalent of course.

What do you mean about moving the UN to Israel?

Conley
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Well, looking back on it, these might be used in the next few weeks. Maybe the Obama administration is more willing to cooperate than we think? There was only one purpose for these bombs.

MMC
11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Well, looking back on it, these might be used in the next few weeks. Maybe the Obama administration is more willing to cooperate than we think? There was only one purpose for these bombs.

Yeah thats great for underground stuff.....huh? A bit different with being underground and being under a mountain range! ;)

Conley
11-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Well...depends how big the mountain is ;)

No one will really know how effective they are until the bombs start a-droppin I guess.

MMC
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Well...depends how big the mountain is ;)

No one will really know how effective they are until the bombs start a-droppin I guess.

US Joint Chiefs and Gates doubted they would be effective. Which is why the Worm was sent in with Centrifuges and Puters.

Captain Obvious
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Bunker busters?

That's 50 yr old technology.