PDA

View Full Version : What has the Republican Party done for minorities since 1965?

Cigar
08-25-2016, 01:27 PM
I'll let you start the list below ... and don't worry, I don't limit participation :grin:

Because I'm not afraid of the answers

Cigar
08-25-2016, 01:29 PM
Should be based on common rhetoric and beliefs, easy question....can you explain, list, or define all of the things that theRepublican Party has done to help advance racial/ethnic minorities, to reduce the amount of people on welfare, to generate employment, increase quality education, and so on? And can you show facts and statistics to back up the initiatives?

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:30 PM
I let you start the list below ... and don't worry, I don't limit participation :grin:

Because I'm not afraid of the answers

Have fun, FYI you have to first answer a question in order for someone to be afraid of it

Cigar
08-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Have fun, FYI you have to first answer a question in order for someone to be afraid of it

You appear to be under some illusion that a Political Party has to do something for minorities ... my answer is nothing, and nor do I want a political party to do anything for me.

BTW, as a Minority Woman, what has the Republican Party "ever" done for Women since the beginning of time?

zelmo1234
08-25-2016, 01:39 PM
First the GOP has been trying to get children out of the failed Public schools for Decades

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2006/7/19/145054/959

It is just a shame that we force children to attend schools that will doom them to failure.

They Also have been trying to establish enterprise zones Since Jack Kemp was in the Senate, the last proposal was in 2014

http://www.urbancure.org/mbarticle.asp?id=96&t=Target-black-unemployment-with-enterprise-zones

And of course I don't think that I need to post a link on the immigration stance of the GOP, which of course would open up 11 million jobs and increase wages.

Then there was Stop and Frisk which was lowering the violence in the City of New York and DC Repealed by Democrats.

How is that for a start

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:39 PM
You appear to be under some illusion that a Political Party has to do something for minorities ... my answer is nothing, and nor do I want a political party to do anything for me.

BTW, as a Minority Woman, what has the Republican Party "ever" done for Women since the beginning of time?

The Democratic Party has made promise after promise for decades to fix the inequality against minorities have they not? And also in what world have I defended republicans before? This isn't about republicans for me it's about getting explanations from the people that claim to have the superior ideas but yet can't show the successes

Cigar
08-25-2016, 01:42 PM
The Democratic Party has made promise after promise for decades to fix the inequality against minorities have they not? And also in what world have I defended republicans before? This isn't about republicans for me it's about getting explanations from the people that claim to have the superior ideas but yet can't show the successes

EVERY TIME The President wanted to d ANYTHING to fix the inequality against minorities, Republicans Obstructed it.

I'm happy with my Vote, so if you're not, then Vote for The PArty that makes you Happy.

Period!

zelmo1234
08-25-2016, 01:44 PM
EVERY TIME The President wanted to d ANYTHING to fix the inequality against minorities, Republicans Obstructed it.

I'm happy with my Vote, so if you're not, then Vote for The PArty that makes you Happy.

Period!

What specific bill that the GOP blocked do you think would have made the biggest difference for the Minority communities?

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:45 PM

Period!

Since 1965 republicans obstructed progress? Even when democrats had majorities?

DGUtley
08-25-2016, 01:47 PM
You guys need to get out more:

Voting Rights Amendment of 1982
Civil Rights Act of 1983
Civil Rights Act of 1968
Equal Opportunity Act of 1982
Civil Liberties Act of 1988
Civil Rights Act of 1991

July 8, 1970 In special message to Congress, President Richard Nixon calls for reversal of policy of forced termination of Native American rights and benefits
February 19, 1976 President Gerald Ford formally rescinds President Franklin Roosevelt’s notorious Executive Order authorizing internment of over 120,000 Japanese-Americans during WWII
September 15, 1981 President Ronald Reagan establishes the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities, to increase African-American participation in federal education programs
June 29, 1982 President Ronald Reagan signs 25-year extension of 1965 Voting Rights Act
President Reagan - First woman on the Supreme Court --- Ronald Reagan appointed Sandra Day O’Connor the first woman Supreme Court Justice
August 10, 1988 President Ronald Reagan signs Civil Liberties Act of 1988, compensating Japanese-Americans for deprivation of civil rights and property during World War II internment ordered by FDR
November 21, 1991 President George H. W. Bush signs Civil Rights Act of 1991 to strengthen federal civil rights legislation
August 20, 1996 Bill authored by U.S. Rep. Susan Molinari (R-NY) to prohibit racial discrimination in adoptions, part of Republicans’ Contract With America, becomes law
April 26, 1999 Legislation authored by U.S. Senator Spencer Abraham (R-MI) awarding Congressional Gold Medal to civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks is transmitted to President
January 25, 2001 U.S. Senate Republican Policy Committee declares school choice to be “Educational Emancipation”
March 19, 2003 Republican U.S. Representatives of Hispanic and Portuguese descent form Congressional Hispanic Conference
May 23, 2003 U.S. Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) introduces bill to establish National Museum of African American History and Culture
First African American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff --- George H.W. Bush appointed Collin Powell Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. This is the highest position in the United States Military.
The First African-American Secretary of State --- Republican President George W. Bush appointed the Collin Powell, the first African-American Secretary of State. This is highest Cabinet post, at the time making Republican Colin Powell, the highest-ranking Executive Branch Government Official.
First African American and First Woman National Security Advisor --- In 2000 President George W. Bush appointed Condoleezza Rice as National Security Advisor.
First African American Woman Secretary of State--- In 2005 George W. Bush appoints Condoleezza Rica the first African-American Woman as Secretary of State.
First Latino Attorney General --- In 2005 George W. Bush appointed Alberto Gonzales as the first Latino Attorney General.

zelmo1234
08-25-2016, 01:58 PM
So Cigar, I am waiting for those Bills that the GOP has blocked that would have changed the lives of the Minorities?

I thought you might have forgotten.

Cigar
08-25-2016, 02:07 PM
So Cigar, I am waiting for those Bills that the GOP has blocked that would have changed the lives of the Minorities?

I thought you might have forgotten.

They're coming ... after November 8th

zelmo1234
08-25-2016, 02:09 PM

I thought that might be the case. Truth is, Nothing was blocked by the GOP that would have effected the plight of the minority community.

People are finally starting to take a look at this.

DGUtley
08-25-2016, 02:13 PM

You're kidding me. Really? C'mon man.

Cigar
08-25-2016, 02:26 PM
I personally don't care who you Vote for.

Didn't care in 2008, cared even less in 2010 and won't give a F'ck on Tuesday November 8th :grin:

decedent
08-25-2016, 02:29 PM
First the GOP has been trying to get children out of the failed Public schools for Decades

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2006/7/19/145054/959

It is just a shame that we force children to attend schools that will doom them to failure.

The article says that the purpose of vouchers is to enable religious schools.

Then there was Stop and Frisk which was lowering the violence in the City of New York and DC Repealed by Democrats.

How is that for a start

Stop and Frisk was used to unfairly target black people. It was outlawed last year for this reason.

Peter1469
08-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Cut taxes to grow the economy.

DGUtley
08-25-2016, 02:34 PM
The article says that the purpose of vouchers is to enable religious schools. Stop and Frisk was used to unfairly target black people. It was outlawed last year for this reason.

Vouchers were to give parents a choice to pull their kids out of failing schools. Unfortunately, it's killing the parochial schools b/c the kids don't have to follow religious instruction or rules.
As for stop and frisk, reasonable suspicion was required beforehand. Unfortunately, in NYC (and only in NYC as far as I know) racial profiling was alleged.

decedent
08-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Cut taxes to grow the economy.

Tried it in 1986. Didn't work.

MrMike
08-25-2016, 02:41 PM
You guys need to get out more:

Voting Rights Amendment of 1982
Civil Rights Act of 1983
Civil Rights Act of 1968
Equal Opportunity Act of 1982
Civil Liberties Act of 1988
Civil Rights Act of 1991

July 8, 1970 In special message to Congress, President Richard Nixon calls for reversal of policy of forced termination of Native American rights and benefits
February 19, 1976 President Gerald Ford formally rescinds President Franklin Roosevelt’s notorious Executive Order authorizing internment of over 120,000 Japanese-Americans during WWII
September 15, 1981 President Ronald Reagan establishes the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities, to increase African-American participation in federal education programs
June 29, 1982 President Ronald Reagan signs 25-year extension of 1965 Voting Rights Act
President Reagan - First woman on the Supreme Court --- Ronald Reagan appointed Sandra Day O’Connor the first woman Supreme Court Justice
August 10, 1988 President Ronald Reagan signs Civil Liberties Act of 1988, compensating Japanese-Americans for deprivation of civil rights and property during World War II internment ordered by FDR
November 21, 1991 President George H. W. Bush signs Civil Rights Act of 1991 to strengthen federal civil rights legislation
August 20, 1996 Bill authored by U.S. Rep. Susan Molinari (R-NY) to prohibit racial discrimination in adoptions, part of Republicans’ Contract With America, becomes law
April 26, 1999 Legislation authored by U.S. Senator Spencer Abraham (R-MI) awarding Congressional Gold Medal to civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks is transmitted to President
January 25, 2001 U.S. Senate Republican Policy Committee declares school choice to be “Educational Emancipation”
March 19, 2003 Republican U.S. Representatives of Hispanic and Portuguese descent form Congressional Hispanic Conference
May 23, 2003 U.S. Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS) introduces bill to establish National Museum of African American History and Culture
First African American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff --- George H.W. Bush appointed Collin Powell Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. This is the highest position in the United States Military.
The First African-American Secretary of State --- Republican President George W. Bush appointed the Collin Powell, the first African-American Secretary of State. This is highest Cabinet post, at the time making Republican Colin Powell, the highest-ranking Executive Branch Government Official.
First African American and First Woman National Security Advisor --- In 2000 President George W. Bush appointed Condoleezza Rice as National Security Advisor.
First African American Woman Secretary of State--- In 2005 George W. Bush appoints Condoleezza Rica the first African-American Woman as Secretary of State.
First Latino Attorney General --- In 2005 George W. Bush appointed Alberto Gonzales as the first Latino Attorney General.

Game, Set & Match!

Well done!!

zelmo1234
The article says that the purpose of vouchers is to enable religious schools.

Stop and Frisk was used to unfairly target black people. It was outlawed last year for this reason.

It said Private and Religious Schools, and yes I am OK with parents choosing A religious school if it provide the Child with an education that will allow them to succeed, what problem to you have with that.

And it targeted people in the dangerous parts of these cities, Yes many of them were minorities and many of them had illegal firearms.

So I am sure that they feel much better being DEAD than having their thugs be disarmed.

Peter1469
Tried it in 1986. Didn't work.

Incorrect. It worked for Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton (when he cut), and Bush the Younger.

Get the government out of the way and the economy will expand.