PDA

View Full Version : tPF What has the Green party done for minorities since 1970?

AZ Jim
08-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Be specific and provide links or be thread banned?

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Not much since they've never held major office in this country just a handful of local offices.

AZ Jim
08-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Not much since they've never held major office in this country just a handful of local offices.So within communities they couldn't in some way foster legislation that might somehow benefit the minorities within their locations? So they don't do black, brown, yellow, only green, eh?

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:52 PM
So within communities they couldn't in some way foster legislation that might somehow benefit the minorities within their locations? So they don't do black, brown, yellow only green, eh?

I'm sure they could but even if they did they'd have tiger it through a democratic or republican legislature. I did a quick search and I saw that nationwide there are 131 Green Party office holders all of which are in a local level. Realistically they are limited when it comes to having anywhere close to the influence a democrat or republican held council or legislature can have. Would you agree?

AZ Jim
08-25-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm sure they could but even if they did they'd have tiger it through a democratic or republican legislature. I did a quick search and I saw that nationwide there are 131 Green Party office holders all of which are in a local level. Realistically they are limited when it comes to having anywhere close to the influence a democrat or republican held council or legislature can have. Would you agree?No. I would not agree, that a mountain is high is no excuse for not trying to conquer it, is it?

Chloe
08-25-2016, 01:57 PM
No. I would not agree, that a mountain is high is no excuse for not trying to conquer it, is it?

The party is trying to climb that mountain but there are reasons why it's nearly impossible for third parties to advance beyond local levels in this country. It's a two party monopoly right now.

AZ Jim
08-25-2016, 02:19 PM
The party is trying to climb that mountain but there are reasons why it's nearly impossible for third parties to advance beyond local levels in this country. It's a two party monopoly right now.Yet you happily vote again for a lost cause.

Chloe
08-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Yet you happily vote again for a lost cause.

Yes, because to me it's not a lost cause it's just voting for the causes I believe in most.

Tahuyaman
08-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Be specific and provide links or be thread banned?

Hmm. No links to support or counter anything yet.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/69107-What-has-the-Green-party-done-for-minorities-since-1970

Chloe
08-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Hmm. No links to support or counter anything yet.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/69107-What-has-the-Green-party-done-for-minorities-since-1970

What kind of links can I possibly provide?

AZ Jim
08-25-2016, 03:00 PM
What kind of links can I possibly provide?Don't worry about him, he's just a troll.

Tahuyaman
08-25-2016, 03:02 PM
What kind of links can I possibly provide?

The thread creator said provide links or be thread banned. Just sayin.....

Tahuyaman
08-25-2016, 03:04 PM
That being said, I don't know if a Green Party candidate has ever accomplished anything noteworthy. Very few " third party" people have accomplished anything.

Chloe
08-25-2016, 03:05 PM
The thread creator said provide links or be thread banned. Just sayin.....

then he should thread ban me

Bethere
08-25-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm sure they could but even if they did they'd have tiger it through a democratic or republican legislature. I did a quick search and I saw that nationwide there are 131 Green Party office holders all of which are in a local level. Realistically they are limited when it comes to having anywhere close to the influence a democrat or republican held council or legislature can have. Would you agree?

No paper drives? No community outreach? No prayer circles?

Name something positive the green party has ever done, and no, electing george w. Bush in 2000 doesn't count as something positive.

Peter1469
08-25-2016, 04:29 PM
An abuse of tPF.

Tahuyaman
08-25-2016, 05:28 PM
then he should thread ban me

Or maybe himself. Has that ever happened?