PDA

View Full Version : ‘I Said Something That’s Just Completely Wrong’

Cigar
10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Mitt Romney's secretly taped comment about "47 percent" of Americans never made an appearance in last night's presidential debate. But on Sean Hannity's show on Fox tonight, Mitt Romney was asked what his response would have been had the debate moderator Jim Lehrer, or President Obama, confronted the candidate about the tape.

Here's his answer, portions of which likely would have been prepared ahead of the debate:

"Well, clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of question and answer sessions, now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right. In this case I said something that's just completely wrong. And I absolutely believe however that my life has shown that I care about the 100 percent and that has been demonstarted throughout my life. This whole campaign is about the 100 percent. When I become president it'll be about helping the 100 percent."

In a press conference shortly after the tape was released by Mother Jones, Romney took a different position. He then said that while his comments were "not elegantly stated" and "off the cuff," they were still "a message which I'm going to carry and continue to carry, which is look, the president's approach is attractive to people who are not paying taxes because my discussion about lowering taxes isn't as attractive to them."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/romney-on-47-percent-i-said-something-thats

Flip / Flop :)

Mainecoons
10-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Nice to see someone who admits when he's wrong. You should try it.

:grin:

Cigar
10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Nice to see someone who admits when he's wrong. You should try it.

:grin:

Lying Sack of Mitt :)

coolwalker
10-05-2012, 08:59 AM
It is a sign of maturity from a person who realizes he could have worded it differently so as not to anger the PC's in America. When has Obama admitted he did anything that he would have done differently. He isn't capable of admitting he might have misspoken...nope not him, he's perfect in every way, right Cigar!

Cigar
10-05-2012, 09:01 AM
It is a sign of maturity from a person who realizes he could have worded it differently so as not to anger the PC's in America. When has Obama admitted he did anything that he would have done differently. He isn't capable of admitting he might have misspoken...nope not him, he's perfect in every way, right Cigar!

... and this guy wants to be President?

When ... after he grows up and becomes Mature?

GrassrootsConservative
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM

He's pretty mature, a lot compared to weed-smokin Odumba. I mean, granted, not the MOST mature person in the country... but of the people running, if you're looking for maturity, he's about all you've got.
Barack Hussein "The Original Muslim Brother" Odumba is still trying to figure out how to speak proper English without a teleprompter.

truthmatters
10-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Mitt just keeps lying so I guess we can asume that excuse of his is a lie also

coolwalker
10-05-2012, 09:14 AM

You don't read and comprehend very well do you!