PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hillary Clinton Hits Trump for 'Dropping In' on Mexico

TrueBlue
08-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Hillary Clinton Hits Trump for 'Dropping In' on Mexico
By Liz Kreutz and Josh Haskell

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-hits-trump-dropping-mexico/story?id=41773006

“You don’t build a coalition by insulting our friends or acting like a loose cannon. You do it by putting in the slow, hard work of building relationships,” the Democratic presidential nominee and former secretary of state said during remarks at the American Legion conference in Cincinnati, referring to her Republican opponent."
“Getting countries working together was my job every day as your Secretary of State. It’s more than a photo op. It takes consistency and reliability. Actually, it’s just like building personal relationships. People have got to know that they can count on you – that you won’t say one thing one day and something totally different the next."
"What ultimately matters is what Donald Trump says to voters in Arizona, not Mexico, and whether he remains committed to the splitting up of families and deportation of millions,” spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri said in a statement Tuesday."

======================================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, Hillary Clinton has Donald Trump's number. She has accurately assessed the situation of what's going on with Trump's trip to Mexico. She speaks to and teaches him the proper way you go about building coalitions between countries and what he should actually be doing right here in this country that he isn't doing for the American people or our neighbors to the South.

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

hanger4
08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
"Getting countries working together was my job every day as your Secretary of State. It’s more than a photo op. It takes consistency and reliability."

Hey TrueBlue ask Hillary how that Libyian and Syrian thingy is workin out.

exotix
08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
Since Trump doesn't know how much the Wall is gonna cost (conservative estimate at $25 Billion) ... well, maybe El Presidente knows (hire illegals) ...

Green Arrow
08-31-2016, 03:46 PM
“You don’t build a coalition by insulting our friends or acting like a loose cannon. You do it by putting in the slow, hard work of building relationships,” the Democratic presidential nominee and former secretary of state said during remarks at the American Legion conference in Cincinnati, referring to her Republican opponent."

Isn't that exactly what he did?

Truth Detector
08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Since Trump doesn't know how much the Wall is gonna cost (conservative estimate at $25 Billion) ... well, maybe El Presidente knows (hire illegals) ...

The Government spends $2.5 billion a day. In a $4.2 trillion budget, $25 billion barely shows up on the radar screen. But trying to enforce an open border with Liberal politicians flaunting it is extremely difficult and expensive.

Hell, welfare fraud can be three times that number alone.

MisterVeritis
08-31-2016, 03:49 PM
$25 billion sounds way overpriced to me. There are many terrain features that need some engineered enhancements. I bet the entire upgrade including the wall will come in well under $15 billion.

Truth Detector
08-31-2016, 03:50 PM
I'd like to translate this part of Hillary's platform:

"What ultimately matters is what Donald Trump says to voters in Arizona, not Mexico, and whether he remains committed to the splitting up of families and deportation of millions,” spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri said in a statement Tuesday."

Translation: they will still permit illegal aliens to thumb their noses at our laws.

Mini Me
08-31-2016, 04:21 PM
Trump can save $$ on the Rio Grande portion of the border by employing 1000's of alligators!

Its environmentally friendly, too! No wall needed!

exploited
08-31-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't understand this criticism. There is nothing wrong with Trump's trip. In fact, I am glad to see a politician go and do something without six months of planning involved. I don't like the man, but I did like this move.

hanger4
08-31-2016, 04:33 PM
I don't understand this criticism. There is nothing wrong with Trump's trip. In fact, I am glad to see a politician go and do something without six months of planning involved. I don't like the man, but I did like this move.

But it's Trump, the bots must hitch.

Subdermal
08-31-2016, 04:45 PM
Trump looked and sounded Presidential.

Hillary looks like second fiddle, and is butthurt as a result. MexPrex even mentioned that he was impressed that Trump responded right away, and Hilldoof didn't.

Mark III
08-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Trump looked and sounded Presidential.

People like you think Trump sounds presidential if he doesn't fall over at the podium or start screaming at someone.

What kind of non-existent bar does he have to rise over for you to call him 'presidential'? He read a two or three minute statement at the podium. There are literally tens of millions of non- descript people that could have done that.

Subdermal
08-31-2016, 05:08 PM
People like you think Trump sounds presidential if he doesn't fall over at the podium or start screaming at someone.

Actually, I was treated to over a half an hour of people who voiced their impression that Trump looked and sounded Presidential, and every single one of them was anti-Trump - or only extremely reluctantly Trump - prior.

What kind of non-existent bar does he have to rise over for you to call him 'presidential'?

If it's non-existent, why are you worrying about it?

He read a two or three minute statement at the podium. There are literally tens of millions of non-descript people that could have done that.

And - apparently - Hillary wasn't one of them, since Trump was there, and Hillary was not.

Common Sense
08-31-2016, 05:12 PM
If people think Trump acts presidential, America has sunk to a brand new low.

I'm sorry but even considering electing this clown has made a laughing stock out of the US.

Get your shit together people.

Subdermal
08-31-2016, 05:16 PM

I'm sorry but even considering electing this clown has made a laughing stock out of the US.

Get your $#@! together people.

Are you so stupid that you cannot distinguish what Trump just looked and sounded like - in a clear coup over Hillary - with other antics?

Perhaps you should tighten yourself up before you go clucking at others, comrade.

Ravens Fan
08-31-2016, 05:34 PM

Get your shit together people.

Personally, I couldn't care less what people in other countries think of us based on our election results. Similarly, I do not care what my neighbor thinks of my choice in vehicles or color of my house.

I am going to vote based on the candidate that I think is best, or at least better than the rest available. Hillary will never have my vote, and the opinion of some person in a far away country will not change that. That is not to say that you or any other non-US citizen cannot voice your opinion, just that it means very little in the grand scheme of things, IMO.

Common Sense
08-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Personally, I couldn't care less what people in other countries think of us based on our election results. Similarly, I do not care what my neighbor thinks of my choice in vehicles or color of my house.

I am going to vote based on the candidate that I think is best, or at least better than the rest available. Hillary will never have my vote, and the opinion of some person in a far away country will not change that. That is not to say that you or any other non-US citizen cannot voice your opinion, just that it means very little in the grand scheme of things, IMO.

That's fair. Just know that if Trump is elected he will not be good for the US nor will he be good for US relations with other nations. You may not care about other countries opinions, but you might care what economic impact a laughing stock for a president may have.

Common Sense
08-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Are you so stupid that you cannot distinguish what Trump just looked and sounded like - in a clear coup over Hillary - with other antics?

Perhaps you should tighten yourself up before you go clucking at others, comrade.

That's nice. Vote Trump.

Ravens Fan
08-31-2016, 06:36 PM
That's fair. Just know that if Trump is elected he will not be good for the US nor will he be good for US relations with other nations. You may not care about other countries opinions, but you might care what economic impact a laughing stock for a president may have.

That sounds curiously like the comments Obama made to Britain before the Brexit vote.

I think Trump will do just fine if he is elected, although I sure wish we had better choices. Not to mention, it is hard for me to find any reason at all to think that Hillary would do any better, based on her track record.

decedent
08-31-2016, 06:37 PM
Imho, Hillary Clinton has Donald Trump's number.

We all do. Remember his little drop-in on flood-damaged Louisiana for his quick photo op?

hanger4
08-31-2016, 06:40 PM
We all do. Remember his little drop-in on flood-damaged Louisiana for his quick photo op?

Remember the President's photo OP ??

Common Sense
08-31-2016, 06:41 PM
That sounds curiously like the comments Obama made to Britain before the Brexit vote.

I think Trump will do just fine if he is elected, although I sure wish we had better choices. Not to mention, it is hard for me to find any reason at all to think that Hillary would do any better, based on her track record.

Brexit was very bad for the UK's economy.

Trump will do a horrible job. If his presidency is anything like his campaign, we're all doomed.

Hillary certainly has issues, but at least she's an adult. Trump will destroy the economy and foster division.

Ravens Fan
08-31-2016, 07:34 PM

And yet I have seen nothing on the news or on here to support that...

Trump will do a horrible job. If his presidency is anything like his campaign, we're all doomed.

You mean the campaign where he has beaten all of his Republican rivals? The one where he has gotten higher voter turn out for the primaries than any recent primaries? If the left will stop lying about him, he may have a chance at being a great president. Still not sure if I can vote for him, but I think he will be fine if he wins.

Hillary certainly has issues, but at least she's an adult. Trump will destroy the economy and foster division.

Adults are expected to act responsibly, they are supposed to take their jobs seriously and they take responsibility for their own actions. Hillary has proven that she can do none of those things.

Trump has proven to be very successful with money and business, I doubt that he will do any worse to the economy than the last 16 years have done. He also cannot do much to further the divide in this country, it is pretty bad already.

The thing between Trump and Clinton, is that no one knows what Trump will do. He could be horrible and be impeached, or he could really turn out to be great and win another term. We simply do not know. With Hillary though, we know how she handles positions of power. Look at the whole email thing, we are still finding out about what she was hiding both from Congress and from all of the US citizens. We know that she is ok with selling out to big donors (to a fake charity of hers), while in office. We know that the establishment will stop at nothing to get her in there too, that should give everybody pause.

TrueBlue
08-31-2016, 08:00 PM
It was nothing more than a Photo Op don't you know. There was no substance to his speech and no talk about the infamous wall he wants built. He cowered out completely on that one before the Mexican government.

exploited
08-31-2016, 08:07 PM
It was nothing more than a Photo Op don't you know. There was no substance to his speech and no talk about the infamous wall he wants built. He cowered out completely on that one before the Mexican government.

I don't think this would have been an appropriate time to bring up that contentious of an issue. It was a meet and greet, from the looks of it.

Green Arrow
08-31-2016, 08:23 PM

I don't like Trump in the slightest, but this meme about him being a terrible president that will destroy America is illogical and doesn't make sense.