151,000 Estimate 180,000

4.9% 4.8%

June/July revisions; a wash.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 07:44 AM
151,000 Estimate 180,000

4.9% 4.8%

June/July revisions; a wash.

Still 93 million people unemployed or under employed. Lowest worker participation since Jimmy Carter was President.

Docthehun
09-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Still 93 million people unemployed or under employed. Lowest worker participation since Jimmy Carter was President.

It's not for lack of jobs, it's for lack of qualified employees.

We're living longer, the baby boomers are beginning to retire in droves and you're counted in the labor force until you die. My 94 year old dad is part of the labor force.

Subdermal
09-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Bethere's opinions are unimportant.

Mac-7
09-02-2016, 08:27 AM

Welfare bums are not qualified to dig ditches?

we could employ 8 million more Americans if illegal aliens were deported

Beevee
09-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Welfare bums are not qualified to dig ditches?

we could employ 8 million more Americans if illegal aliens were deported

Farmers want you! It's truly gratifying that you are prepared to move states and be paid a wage that is only sufficient to buy you monthly toiletries, so that your fellow Americans can continue to live on foods that are far cheaper in the US than anywhere else.

Do let us know when you are taken on. Any farmer will be happy to use your services.

Mac-7
09-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Farmers want you!

It's truly gratifying that you are prepared to move states and be paid a wage that is only sufficient to buy you monthly toiletries, so that your fellow Americans can continue to live on foods that are far cheaper in the US than anywhere else.

Do let us know when you are taken on. Any farmer will be happy to use your services.

Mexicans travel a thousand miles to do it.

why not obama voters on welfare?

If illegal aliens can live in America on the wage offered why not lazy welfare bums?

Docthehun
09-02-2016, 11:35 AM

Good times!

exotix
09-02-2016, 11:41 AM
What's this ? ... about 80 straight-quarters of job growth now since Obama took office ?

Docthehun
09-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Good times!

Peter1469
09-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Forbes had a good article about the labor force participation rate and who is being left out today. It is the younger cohorts dropping out of the labor force. The older cohorts are staying in the work force longer.

This is a problem, because the younger and middle range cohorts are the drivers of the economy. Older people not so much. Additionally, the younger cohorts will not be building their retirement while they are out of work.

So it will be a long term systematic problem.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 02:32 PM

We're living longer, the baby boomers are beginning to retire in droves and you're counted in the labor force until you die. My 94 year old dad is part of the labor force.

Is the population Going down? Some time back I posted that the College and High School Graduates that were not going to college were actually larger than the Baby Boomers that are retiring.

Also remember a person with 2 part time jobs in the jobs report can be counted Twice.

There is also the fact that income is down nearly 5K per household. Insurance Costs are nearly double.

Not saying that the GOP would be using a different number, but we have to start to understand that it is a BS number.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Farmers want you! It's truly gratifying that you are prepared to move states and be paid a wage that is only sufficient to buy you monthly toiletries, so that your fellow Americans can continue to live on foods that are far cheaper in the US than anywhere else.

I find it interesting that US citizens can't live on Wages that are paid to our immigrant workers?

And yet the Democrats tell us they are all for these Workers. Why is it that immigrant workers can live on these jobs, without Government assistance, and US workers can't seem to make it happen?

DGUtley
09-02-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry Docthehun but I really don't trust much of anything this administration (or the last one) tells me. If it told me today was Friday I'd still check my book. This Administration defines the truth in so many different ways, it's incredible. I've lost complete faith that whatever comes out of DC is in any way true, particularly when it comes to numbers that influence politics.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 02:38 PM
What's this ? ... about 80 straight-quarters of job growth now since Obama took office ?

You are reading it wrong.

Yes there is very small Private Sector Job growth, but not enough to cover those coming into the Work force.

Many of those jobs are not full time and they are still counted.

Docthehun
09-02-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry @Docthehun (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1986) but I really don't trust much of anything this administration (or the last one) tells me. If it told me today was Friday I'd still check my book. This Administration defines the truth in so many different ways, it's incredible. I've lost complete faith that whatever comes out of DC is in any way true, particularly when it comes to numbers that influence politics.

Many of the numbers are SWAG, but as long as the SWAG calculations are done consistently, their overall trends tend to be fairly accurate. Truth is in the eyes of the beholder. I suppose our backgrounds greatly influence how you and I view the exact same numbers. In general, we're pretty much on the same page.

Beevee
09-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Mexicans travel a thousand miles to do it.

why not obama voters on welfare?

If illegal aliens can live in America on the wage offered why not lazy welfare bums?

So, you admit you are unemployed.

Beevee
09-04-2016, 09:02 AM
I find it interesting that US citizens can't live on Wages that are paid to our immigrant workers?

And yet the Democrats tell us they are all for these Workers. Why is it that immigrant workers can live on these jobs, without Government assistance, and US workers can't seem to make it happen?

Perhaps Americans want to live in houses and not in drains?

AeonPax
09-04-2016, 09:06 AM
`
`
Without more information, those stats are entirely useless;
`
a) What kind of jobs?
b) Full time, part time or temporary?
c) Pay?
d) Benefits?

Docthehun
09-04-2016, 09:17 AM
`
`
Without more information, those stats are entirely useless;
`
a) What kind of jobs?
b) Full time, part time or temporary?
c) Pay?
d) Benefits?

I don't dispute your contention, but recognize that reporting in this fashion would fundamentally change how the numbers are calculated, rendering past data useless for comparison purposes.

AeonPax
09-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I don't dispute your contention, but recognize that reporting in this fashion would fundamentally change how the numbers are calculated, rendering past data useless for comparison purposes.
`
Statistically speaking, you are correct but I ask for a reason. A division of my company, which I oversee, deals with specialized temp services. Our base rate for "unskilled" is $11.50/hr with some benefits, mainly paid time off. Anyways, I see fluctuations all the time. But what people are really looking for is full-time permanent, with benefits. The bland, calculated stats produced by United States Department of Labor are nothing more than political fodder.