PDA

View Full Version : Report: Trump hires Citizens United head as deputy campaign manager

debbietoo
09-02-2016, 10:21 AM
Hillary has promised to overturn Citizens United (which democrats want) if/when she is elected. Both Bossie and Bannon have long time personal vendettas against Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Bossie, who has spent years investigating the Clintons, including as a member of the Senate’s special committee on the Whitewater real-estate scandal, is expected to work closely with Kellyanne Conway, the respected GOP pollster who was promoted to be Trump's campaign manager during a leadership shakeup last month.

"David Bossie is so craven and maniacal that in the heyday of the overreaching Gingrich-era Congress, the top Whitewater conspiracy theorist in the House had to fire him for doctoring evidence," campaign chair John Podesta said in a statement Thursday night. "He has devoted his career ever since to trying to tear down Hillary Clinton."

Podesta was also sharply critical of his ties to Citizens United, which he claims has acted as an "arm of the Trump campaign" in recent months.

"This is the latest sign that Donald Trump has put the most extreme elements of the right-wing fringe in the driver's seat of his campaign," he said.

Source:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-bossie-citizens-united-227662

Jets
09-02-2016, 10:30 AM
How would the President go about overturning Citizens United V FEC?

JVV
09-02-2016, 10:43 AM
I haven't seen any signs that Democrats want it overturned.

What I have seen is that they want to use it as a talking point to bash Republicans with it, but when it comes down to brass tacks, they want the money to keep flowing and they just want to find ways to get more of it.

Like how they started the Hillary Victory Funds and got 32 state committees to commit to being in the tank for Hillary a full year ahead of when she became the nominee. Months before a single primary vote was cast. So that they could game the system and get twice as much money from their big donors as what Democrats had gotten in the past for general elections -- back when they waited for the people to go through the motions of choosing the nominee before they started the Victory Funds to hose up the money from the rich people.

They want more money. From their true constituency. They don't want Citizens United. They don't want to have to actually partner with us peons to try to get their agenda advanced.

And that hypocrisy is why Democrats can't get people out to vote for them in midterms.

Democrats should be able to send Republicans to the wander in the desert for 40 years. If they would start practicing what they preached. But they won't. So Republicans will be back to give them a whomping in 2018.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 07:18 PM
I think that she can start the process for a constitutional amendment, so she does have that action.

Or maybe she will support ending Corporate and Business taxes. If they are not taxed there would be not reason for them to have a voice in government?

Debbie, which one do you think she will support???? OR do you think that she might be lying?

Bethere
09-03-2016, 12:06 AM
I think that she can start the process for a constitutional amendment, so she does have that action.

Or maybe she will support ending Corporate and Business taxes. If they are not taxed there would be not reason for them to have a voice in government?

Debbie, which one do you think she will support???? OR do you think that she might be lying?

1. She'll name someone to the supreme court;
2. We'll arrange for a test case to weave through the courts;
3. We'll watch it fall.

zelmo1234
09-03-2016, 06:35 AM
3. We'll watch it fall.]]

What If Chief justice Roberts decides not to hear the case?

But I am OK with it, as long as Unions are considered Corporations too.

zelmo1234
09-03-2016, 06:37 AM
3. We'll watch it fall.

Now can you Imagine if the right was claiming to do this with Abortion?

This is the left folks, they are dangerous. They can't think for themselves and they are dishonest.

Trust them if you will, I don't

DGUtley
09-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Hillary has promised to overturn Citizens United (which democrats want) if/when she is elected.

Debbie, did you pull the opinion and read C.U. like I suggested? Can you now tell me specifically what is written in the opinion that you disagree with? Not the DNC talking points, but you individually, specifically? Thank you.

Bo-4
09-03-2016, 09:39 AM
In case ya missed it - Bossie's a creeper and thug of monumental proportion.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-hires-life-long-clinton-attacker-757313603951