PDA

View Full Version : 7 Most Important Takeaways From Hillary Clinton’s FBI Interview

hanger4
09-02-2016, 05:01 PM
7 Most Important Takeaways From Hillary Clinton’s FBI Interview
by Chris White | 4:58 pm, September 2nd, 2016

The FBI on Friday afternoon, released Hillary Clinton’s interview notes over the use of her private email server.

As expected, much of the material is still classified and redacted, but there are still a handful of interesting takeaways. Here are the most interesting bits of information from Clinton’s FBI FD-302 form.

1. Clinton “could not recall any briefing or training by State related to the retention of federal records or handling of classified information.

2. Clinton “was aware she was an Original Classification Authority (OCA) at State, but “could not recall how often she used this authority or any training or guidance” she received from the State Department. Furthermore, she “could not give an example of how classification of a document was determined.”

3. Clinton was involved in nominating individuals to be targets of drone strikes, although she could not recall the “specific process for nominating a target for a drone strike” (and much of this portion of the document is redacted). Clinton did recall disagreements between the Department of Defense (DOD), State and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the three of the agencies she knew played a “role” in the drone strike decision process.

4. Clinton evidentially did tell her FBI interviewers that she spoke with Colin Powell about using a private email device while serving as Secretary of State. In the interview, Clinton said she made the decision for convenience, but also “noted she had spoken to former Secretary of State COLIN POWELL” who used a private AOL server for a handful of official emails during his tenure in the early 2000s. Upon hearing various accounts of Clinton’s remarks on this subject, Powell appeared to grow increasingly frustrated and called her recollection of events into question, to put it charitably.

5. Again, Clinton appears to have little trouble during her FBI interview blaming her aides for the existence of classified material on her server. She told FBI agents, she “relied on State officials to use their judgment when emailing her and could not recall anyone raising concerns with her regarding the sensitivity of the information she received at her email address.”

In a separate portion of the interview, Clinton reiterated the point, telling agents, “at least a hundred, if not several hundred State employees had her [email address].” Yet, none of her “staff ever expressed a concern regarding the sensitivity of the content of these emails.”

6. In a heavily redacted portion of the interview notes, there appears to be much discussion about the sources and subjects of emails Clinton received from Sidney Blumenthal and other individuals whose names are redacted. In nearly every case, Clinton tells the agents she has no concerns with the appropriateness of discussing such material via email.

Her reason?

Many of those discussions occurred with individuals who she felt “were experienced foreign service professionals and she had no reason to doubt their judgment and ability to handle classified information.”

When the discussion turned to drone strikes, Clinton’s response to the FBI is truly head scratching. She “stated deliberation over a future drone strike did not give her cause for concern regarding classification” because she “understood this type of conversation as part of the routine deliberation process.”

7. Finally, when the topic of preserving federal records came up during the interview, Clinton “stated she received no instructions or direction regarding the preservation or production of records from State during the transition out of her role as Secretary of State in early 2013.” She then blamed her infamous fall and concussion from December 2012 as a possible reason she could not recall conversations surrounding that time period and topic.

Clinton told the agents she “suffered a concussion and then around the New Year had a blood clot. Based on her doctors advice, she could only work at State for a few hours a day and could not recall every briefing she received.”

When the State Department finally sent a letter in 2014 to Clinton requesting her assistance in recovering any federal records (from her tenure as SOS), she told FBI agents she “wanted to assist.”

According to the interview, “[S]he expected her team to provide any work-related or arguably work-related emails to State; however, she did not participate in the development of the specific process to be used or discussions of the locations where her email might exist.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/7-most-important-takeaways-from-hillary-clintons-fbi-interview/

Bet ya number 7 gets a lot more play.

FindersKeepers
09-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I think it's amazing that Hillary was an Original Classifying Authority, and yet she didn't know what the letter "C" meant on a document. She claimed she thought it was some sort of alphabetical thing.

WTF?

Clinton demonstrated a willingness to defer to others on matters of classified material, claiming on multiple occasions that she could neither recall receiving training or, in one particular instance, responding that she did not know that “(C)” markings in an email chain denoted confidential material.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/best-of-clinton-fbi-report-227692#ixzz4J8gSKuEY
Follow us: @politico on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=politico) | Politico on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bKDyiUp9mr3OhNab7jrHcU&u=Politico)

Bethere
09-02-2016, 06:18 PM
I think it's amazing that Hillary was an Original Classifying Authority, and yet she didn't know what the letter "C" meant on a document. She claimed she thought it was some sort of alphabetical thing.

WTF?

As discussed by comey under oath before Congress, the only way to officially mark e mail classified is in the header--and none of them did.

hanger4
09-02-2016, 06:25 PM
As discussed by comey under oath before Congress, the only way to officially mark e mail classified is in the header--and none of them did.

As evidenced by the newly released FBI interview notes;

1. Clinton “could not recall any briefing or training by State related to the retention of federal records or handling of classified information.

2. Clinton “was aware she was an Original Classification Authority (OCA) at State, but “could not recall how often she used this authority or any training or guidance” she received from the State Department. Furthermore, she “could not give an example of how classification of a document was determined.”

These notes show Hillary's incompetence as SoS handling classified information.

Bethere
09-02-2016, 06:29 PM
As evidenced by the newly released FBI interview notes;

These notes show Hillary's incompetence as SoS handling classified information.

Here you are again, futilely looking to argue old stuff over and over. You and your frustrated party are doomed to swim in a downward spiral toward your inevitable doom in the toilet of history.

It's the 21st century. We have issues to discuss and you and yours are not ready.

zelmo1234
09-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Here you are again, futilely looking to argue old stuff over and over. You and your frustrated party are doomed to swim in a downward spiral toward your inevitable doom in the toilet of history.

It's the 21st century. We have issues to discuss and you and yours are not ready.

Actually, this will surprise you, but I 100% agree with you. All this personal shit is a distraction from the things that really matter.

When do you think that Hillary will actually start discussing her proposed policies and changes that will make the country better???????

To date her entire campaign is Trump Sucks?

hanger4
09-02-2016, 06:51 PM

Gotta love it, "old stuff" the FBI interview notes were just released today.

Of course if you're implying Hillary's been incompetent long before her tenure at State I won't argue. :grin:

JVV
09-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Gotta love it, "old stuff" the FBI interview notes were just released today.

Of course if you're implying Hillary's been incompetent long before her tenure at State I won't argue. :grin:

That's part of the secret to Clinton success. Stonewall so long that by the time the facts trickle out they're called "old news".

Peter1469
09-02-2016, 10:01 PM

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Markings don't make a document classified. The contents of the document do. Had she bothered to take her security briefings seriously she would have known that.

Bethere
09-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Ultimately it doesn't matter. Markings don't make a document classified. The contents of the document do. Had she bothered to take her security briefings seriously she would have know that.

Ultimately you are butthurt because you talked so much trash here at tPF and Hillary skated anyway.

Tahuyaman
09-02-2016, 11:01 PM
But according to the Democratic Party hacks here, she has been exonerated.

Peter1469
09-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Ultimately you are butthurt because you talked so much trash here at tPF and Hillary skated anyway.Incorrect.

I am concerned about the rule of law. I understand the Fans want Clinton to get away with her criminality. We are descending into a banana republic.

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 12:54 AM
Ultimately it doesn't matter. Markings don't make a document classified. The contents of the document do. Had she bothered to take her security briefings seriously she would have know that.

She was the Secretary of State for crying out loud. She knew full well that nearly every document she handled was classified in some way. Confidential, Secret, Top Secret etc....

Captain Obvious
09-03-2016, 01:02 AM
She was the Secretary of State for crying out loud. She knew full well that nearly every document she handled was classified in some way. Confidential, Secret, Top Secret etc....

Exactly.

If criminal intent never materializes, at the very least gross incompetence is present. Her supporters aren't smart enough to recognize that.

FindersKeepers
09-03-2016, 03:37 AM

Seeing as "C" doesn't stand for "classified," I can see where you might miss the relevance of Hillary's faux pas.

I can overlook that for you -- after all, you're just an average forum poster -- but, were you an Original Classifying Authority, it'd be a different story.

AeonPax
09-03-2016, 04:33 AM
`
`
Given the fact that I'm not voting for hillary (or trump for that matter) all of these revelations serve only to reinforce the notion that she is the most despicable human ever to run for president.

Ransom
09-03-2016, 09:06 AM
`
`
Given the fact that I'm not voting for hillary (or trump for that matter) all of these revelations serve only to reinforce the notion that she is the most despicable human ever to run for president.

Geez. Most despicable?

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 09:23 AM

Actually he said the opposite. Clearly he said that she sent and received classified material on her unsecured private email.

And again, she was the Secretary of State. She knew exactly what she was doing and that it was wrong.

Peter1469
09-03-2016, 09:36 AM
The Fans are already spinning the Comay statement to be an endorsement, when in fact he was calling Clinton a piece of shit who had political clout to avoid a long prison sentence.

AeonPax
09-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Geez. Most despicable?
`
I thought about that before I posted it. I weighed her against Bush and Obama, whom I also consider despicable but considered this; Bush was a tool for his party, Obama was a tool for the corporations but Hillary's first loyalty is herself......she uses tools.

Ransom
09-03-2016, 11:04 AM
`
I thought about that before I posted it. I weighed her against Bush and Obama, whom I also consider despicable but considered this; Bush was a tool for his party, Obama was a tool for the corporations but Hillary's first loyalty is herself......she uses tools.

Ok then. Despicable it is.

Ransom
09-03-2016, 11:05 AM
The Fans are already spinning the Comay statement to be an endorsement, when in fact he was calling Clinton a piece of $#@! who had political clout to avoid a long prison sentence.

Comey, Peter. James Comey.

MacArthur. Comey. Ok?

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 12:30 PM
The Fans are already spinning the Comay statement to be an endorsement, when in fact he was calling Clinton a piece of $#@! who had political clout to avoid a long prison sentence.

Clearly he explained that she broke the law. He also explained that no one has the moral courage to hold her accountable.

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 12:33 PM
`
`

while I'm not sure that she's the "most despicable" human ever to run, she's certainly one of the most corrupt, greedy and selfish candidate's ever to be nominated.

But yes, much of her conduct has been despicable.

MisterVeritis
09-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Seeing as "C" doesn't stand for "classified," I can see where you might miss the relevance of Hillary's faux pas.

I can overlook that for you -- after all, you're just an average forum poster -- but, were you an Original Classifying Authority, it'd be a different story.
She was not JUST an OCA. She was an original top secret classification authority. She had the duty, and responsibility to know what information required protection. Her brain is broken. She needs to spend the rest of her life in a prison hospital.

Peter1469
09-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Comey, Peter. James Comey.

MacArthur. Comey. Ok?

Sure thing professer.

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 02:50 PM
She was not JUST an OCA. She was an original top secret classification authority. She had the duty, and responsibility to know what information required protection. Her brain is broken. She needs to spend the rest of her life in a prison hospital.

Her brain is not broken. She knows exactly what she was doing. She can't blame ignorance.

Her character is broken.

MisterVeritis
09-03-2016, 02:52 PM
Her brain is not broken. She knows exactly what she was doing. She can't blame ignorance.

Her character is broken.
Her brain is broken. She is corrupt. Those who support her are corrupt.

hanger4
09-03-2016, 02:57 PM

Her character is broken.

And when they do "blame ignorance", which is more often than not, they make the case for incompetence. Hill-bots lose on both fronts.

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Her brain is broken. She is corrupt. Those who support her are corrupt.

Saying that her brain does not function properly gives her a pass.

Tahuyaman
09-03-2016, 03:04 PM
And when they do "blame ignorance", which is more often than not, they make the case for incompetence. Hill-bots lose on both fronts.

One can't claim incompetence, then claim that she is one of the smartest women in the world.