PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump's Mexico vist and speech

OGIS
09-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Apparently I'm seeing things here that many on the left appear to be blind to. The speech was, in fact, a triumph. I was impressed. Note Pena's comment about strategic alliances, and the several Trump comments about common interests, their immigration problems, and especially as regards the Western Hemisphere vis-a-vis the rest of the world. I am pretty sure that some (contingent) deals were made. I would not be surprised in the least if President Trump and President Pena have come to some arrangements.

tpf thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSWF71EKp6g

valley ranch
09-03-2016, 08:32 PM
OGIS, Thank you very much for finding and posting this.

Crepitus
09-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Apparently I'm seeing things here that many on the left appear to be blind to. The speech was, in fact, a triumph. I was impressed. Note Pena's comment about strategic alliances, and the several Trump comments about common interests, their immigration problems, and especially as regards the Western Hemisphere vis-a-vis the rest of the world. I am pretty sure that some (contingent) deals were made. I would not be surprised in the least if President Trump and President Pena have come to some arrangements.

tpf thread

It was an impressive speech, especially for Trump.

It would have been more impressive if he hadn't given the speech later in the day that contradicted nearly everything he said in the earlier one.

valley ranch
09-03-2016, 09:42 PM

tpf thread

He speaks well and says what he means~I think he also means what he says. I think he's a winner!

OGIS
09-03-2016, 10:08 PM
OGIS, Thank you very much for finding and posting this.

de nada....

valley ranch
09-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Sí, es sumamente buena

Mac-7
09-04-2016, 01:28 AM
It was an impressive speech, especially for Trump.

It would have been more impressive if he hadn't given the speech later in the day that contradicted nearly everything he said in the earlier one.

Trump supporters understand that we need the wall so that we can stop illegal aliens from pouring across our border by the millions.

OGIS
09-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Trump supporters understand that we need the wall so that we can stop illegal aliens from pouring across our border by the millions.

Irrelevant post to the topic under discussion, which is the ramifications of Trump's speech in Mexico. Please stay ON TOPIC.

Crepitus
09-04-2016, 08:25 AM
So you guys don't mind or maybe even actually approve of the flip-flopping and lies?

Common Sense
09-04-2016, 08:28 AM
His speech in Mexico was fine. He'd have a chance of winning if that's how he always spoke. It was his ridiculous speech later that day that was the real Donny.

OGIS
09-04-2016, 08:30 AM
So you guys don't mind or maybe even actually approve of the flip-flopping and lies?

Please do not enable bad behavior (thread jacking) or participate in it. The topic is Trump's speech, not what Republicans approve of.

OGIS
09-04-2016, 08:33 AM
His speech in Mexico was fine. He'd have a chance of winning if that's how he always spoke. It was his ridiculous speech later that day that was the real Donny.

I agree, it was a stumble. Almost as if he thought he needed to placate the base. At this point he needs to be hard-tacking to the center, not saying things his base wants to hear.

Mac-7
09-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Irrelevant post to the topic under discussion, which is the ramifications of Trump's speech in Mexico. Please stay ON TOPIC.

Who cares what the Mexicans think about it?

This is an election to pick the next AMERICAN president

Mexico is benefiting from the stupid immigration polices we have here

so I don't expect them to like the idea of trump stopping the gravy train

OGIS
09-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Who cares what the Mexicans think about it?

This is an election to pick the next AMERICAN president

Mexico is benefiting from the stupid immigration polices we have here

so I don't expect them to like the idea of trump stopping the gravy train

Goddammit Mac, sometimes it seems like you simply cannot see the nose on your face. Like someone else said: have someone change your tape.

It absolutely DOES matter what the Mexicans think about it. Trump's claim to fame is, after all, that he is a deal-maker, and (as his book The Art of the Deal says) the best deals (in fact the only lasting deals) are those where everyone is a winner.

43 years ago I had a poli sci class where the whole damned grade consisted of our ability to analyze, parse and "read" the mutterings of various politicians. This was largely for Soviet officials (all part of the annual party nose-counting at the Moscow May Day parades) but we honed our skills on American and various European pols, as well. I did well at this.

My analysis of the Mexico City meet is that Trump made some contingent promises to Nieto, probably regarding US help with Mexico's southern border and their vexing insurgency problem with the Indians in the Chiapas region. The emphasis on renegotiating NAFTA also raises some interesting questions regarding realignments in Mexican politics. Finally, Nieto's mention of "Strategic Alliance" made my ears perk up.

Crepitus
09-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Please do not enable bad behavior (thread jacking) or participate in it. The topic is Trump's speech, not what Republicans approve of.

I was commenting about his comments on said speech.

OGIS
09-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I was commenting about his comments on said speech.

Don't feed the trolls. As with homeless people, if you keep feeding them they will never make anything of themselves.

Mac-7
09-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Goddammit Mac, sometimes it seems like you simply cannot see the nose on your face. Like someone else said: have someone change your tape.

It absolutely DOES matter what the Mexicans think about it. Trump's claim to fame is, after all, that he is a deal-maker, and (as his book The Art of the Deal says) the best deals (in fact the only lasting deals) are those where everyone is a winner.

43 years ago I had a poli sci class where the whole damned grade consisted of our ability to analyze, parse and "read" the mutterings of various politicians. This was largely for Soviet officials (all part of the annual party nose-counting at the Moscow May Day parades) but we honed our skills on American and various European pols, as well. I did well at this.

My analysis of the Mexico City meet is that Trump made some contingent promises to Nieto, probably regarding US help with Mexico's southern border and their vexing insurgency problem with the Indians in the Chiapas region. The emphasis on renegotiating NAFTA also raises some interesting questions regarding realignments in Mexican politics. Finally, Nieto's mention of "Strategic Alliance" made my ears perk up.

What do the tea leaves say that Mexico was going to do for us as a result of trump "concessions" to them?

Trump voters want a wall/fence that keeps the uninvited I.e. Illegal Mexicans in Mexico

And if not all, most illegal aliens deported

If Mexico can't live with that then to hell with them