PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I am overgeneralizing - WELFARE!

BooHoo
10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Most people I see on welfare have iPhones, new random technology, buy cigarettes, have new cars. Does anyone else see this? There are certainly people who need government assistance but I see more abuse than anything.

coolwalker
10-05-2012, 04:03 PM
OMG yes! It drives me nuts. The thing is they have (over a few generations) learned how to work the system.

roadmaster
10-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Some know how to work the system. I am all for helping those who try to help themselves not the ones cheating.

Akula
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM
OMG yes! It drives me nuts. The thing is they have (over a few generations) learned how to work the system.

It's back door reparations. Getting over on the white man is the name of the game.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Most people I see on welfare have iPhones, new random technology, buy cigarettes, have new cars. Does anyone else see this? There are certainly people who need government assistance but I see more abuse than anything.

I don't, how do you recognize someone on Welfare?

How do you "see" this?

patrickt
10-09-2012, 08:25 AM

The abuse is obvious but you don't see the guy living under the bridge. I used to go into Gene's Tavern where 90% of the customers were on welfare. The reason was that the owner, Karen, let them run a tab during the month on the condition she got to cash their welfare check and get her money first. The customers in Gene's Tavern didn't have cell phones or fancy tennis shoes or anything. They just drank but you knew they were on welfare.

Down the street from my apartment was a large apartment complex owned by welfare. The guys sitting in the parking lot drinking at 10 a.m. when I got up were on welfare or were living off the welfare their girlfriends got to take care of the babies. They all had cells but those were from welfare. The only ones who had fancy stuff were engaged in a secondary enterprise, selling dope, to supplement the welfare.

Oh, and hardly any of them were black. Well, I don't think so but it seems that's hard to tell, too. Justice Thomas, Condoleeza Rice, and Thomas Sowell aren't black. But the priveleged Barack Obama is. See, sometimes it's hard to tell.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
I guess I'm kinda on Welfare ...

IPhone & IPad = Yes
New Random Technology = No ... Corsa Performance on both the Vette and Tahoe :)
Cigarettes = No .. .Cigars = Yes
New Car ... No for a couple years

patrickt
10-09-2012, 08:56 AM
No, Cigar, working as a liberal shill might be disgusting but it isn't the same as welfare. You weren't here yesterday. We Columbus Day actually a day off for you?

And, no, your possessions don't mean you're on welfare. You might just be trying to pass.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I don't, how do you recognize someone on Welfare?

How do you "see" this?

Duh...you are in line at the grocery store and they don't pay with actual money or a credit card...that's one way...or you see them coming out of the welfare office downtown and walking to their Cadillac Escalade SUV...there's another...or in my case, my niece tells us at Sunday dinner about the welfare people sitting in the chair as they get their hair done by her laughing about beating the system, then stiffing her for a tip and the haircut cost them $125.00 not to mention that they were also getting their nails done for another $45.00...yeah, they're easy to spot!

Cigar
10-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Well ... next time do something about, other than bitch on the internet. :)

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Well ... next time do something about, other than bitch on the internet. :)

Lame.