PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney on the issues

coolwalker
10-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Pretty much in a nutshell from his site.

Taxes
Taxes Romney wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 25 percent and maintain personal income tax levels past their expiration date in 2013. Romney also wants to eliminate taxes on investment income for taxpayers making less than $200,000.

Entitlement programs
Taxes Romney wants to cut the corporate tax rate to 25 percent and maintain personal income tax levels past their expiration date in 2013. Romney also wants to eliminate taxes on investment income for taxpayers making less than $200,000.

Budget
Romney would seek in immediate cut in non-defense discretionary spending by 5 percent. Beyond that, he’d seek to cap government spending at 20 percent of the Gross Domestic Product, along with a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution.

Energy/Environment
Romney would direct the Department of Energy to review domestic energy production capacity. On the environment, Romney would seek a re-write of the Clean Air Act to bar regulation of carbon emissions, and encourage new nuclear energy.

Immigration
Romney opposes in-state college tuition for the children of illegal immigrants, and supports building a fence along the border with Mexico, staffed by enough armed guards to secure it.

Jobs
Romney has a 59-page plan that leans on a series of reforms to tax, budgetary, energy, trade, regulatory and labor policies to spur job creation. Read the whole plan here: http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

roadmaster
10-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Immigration
Romney opposes in-state college tuition for the children of illegal immigrants, and supports building a fence along the border with Mexico, staffed by enough armed guards to secure it.

I too am for this and deportation. I oppose even Church buildings hiding them. If someone just stole something and the police was after them, and you hide them are you not also responsible? I understand them caring but they are breaking the law.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 07:33 AM
The difference between what Romney says behind closed doors and what he says on TV is like Night and Day!

So now you're going to believe what he publishes on a Website? :rollseyes:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/536536_357304407692361_2132526832_n_zps8723ec14.jp g

patrickt
10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
The difference between what Romney says behind closed doors and what he says on TV is like Night and Day!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/536536_357304407692361_2132526832_n_zps8723ec14.jp g

"This is my last election. I can be more flexible after the election is over." Ooops. President Obama thought the mike was off when he agreed to sell out to the Russians.

Moving along.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
It's true ... he will be more flexible.

patrickt
10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Wow, Cigar, you've turned against President Obama, too. The Age of Miracles has arrived. First, Chris Mathews, then Bill Maher, and now Cigar the Shill.

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM

You Dilbert, that is displayed at Obama events as well...by the Secret Service. Nice try but no Brass Ring. Oh yeah...at Obama's events people are frisked as well.

Cigar
10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
You Dilbert, that is displayed at Obama events as well...by the Secret Service. Nice try but no Brass Ring. Oh yeah...at Obama's events people are frisked as well.

who the hell would want to Shoot Mitt ... Mitt attacks himself :)

coolwalker
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
who the hell would want to Shoot Mitt ... Mitt attacks himself :)

Ignore that facts as usual.