PDA

View Full Version : Trump University seized upon foreclosure crisis

Bethere
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
As millions of people were losing their homes in the depth of the recession, instructors atTrump (http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-all-things-trump) University were urging students to seek out anxious or desperate sellers to reap a financial windfall, according to recently released documents in the federal class-action lawsuit against presumptive GOP (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics-government/republican-party-ORGOV0000004-topic.html) presidential nominee Donald Trump.The now-defunct for-profit real-estate school, founded by Trump and two associates in 2004, offered workshops on how to take advantage of the foreclosure crisis in some of the hardest hit states, including California.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-foreclosures-20160622-snap-story.html

hanger4
09-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Your point ??

Dr. Who
09-04-2016, 11:10 PM
As millions of people were losing their homes in the depth of the recession, instructors atTrump (http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-all-things-trump) University were urging students to seek out anxious or desperate sellers to reap a financial windfall, according to recently released documents in the federal class-action lawsuit against presumptive GOP (http://www.latimes.com/topic/politics-government/republican-party-ORGOV0000004-topic.html) presidential nominee Donald Trump.The now-defunct for-profit real-estate school, founded by Trump and two associates in 2004, offered workshops on how to take advantage of the foreclosure crisis in some of the hardest hit states, including California.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-foreclosures-20160622-snap-story.html
No one likes the vulture, but even the vulture has a place in nature. Trump didn't invent the process and many of the richest families in America made their money buying up such commercial and residential properties and businesses. Would it be better if all people declined to buy up properties that are being sold because they are in default? Those sales may also be the only money that some will get out of their properties, assuming that they have any equity at all. If they have no equity, then it's unfortunate, but they didn't really own those properties at all, the bank or creditor owned them. Let's not discredit people for the wrong reasons. The bigger story is the "university" itself, which arguably failed to live up to its mandate. If you are running a real estate university, you would be doing your students a disservice if you did not teach them to look for mortgage defaults as an opportunity. To think otherwise is rather naive.

AZ Jim
09-04-2016, 11:12 PM
According to the lawsuits, it was FRAUD by crooked Donald.

Beevee
09-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Your point ??

I'm sure he is pointing out that deliberate cutthroat actions are mandatory when a billionaire needs another few millions to earn towards the tax bills he avoids paying.

And if he isn't pointing that out, I am!

Bethere
09-05-2016, 01:35 AM
Your point ??

1. Trump is a bottom feeder;
2. I post. You respond.

FindersKeepers
09-05-2016, 04:32 AM

You've started so very many Trump University threads that you've pushed a good number of other topics off the front page.

Can't you just post on a single Trump University thread so the rest of us can enjoy an un-hijacked front page?

Bethere
09-05-2016, 06:13 AM
You've started so very many Trump University threads that you've pushed a good number of other topics off the front page.

Can't you just post on a single Trump University thread so the rest of us can enjoy an un-hijacked front page?

They are all unique. Each one stands alone as a separate news point.

We have six cinton email threads, too. Any problems with those?

hanger4
09-05-2016, 06:29 AM

We have five clinton email threads, too. Any problems with those?

You complained about the Clinton email threads now you've done exactly what you complained about.

Double standards.

Bethere
09-05-2016, 06:31 AM
You complained about the Clinton email threads now you've done exactly what you complained about.

Double standards.

No, you won the argument. I have conformed.

Having fun yet?

Trump is a bottom feeder. Your thoughts?

hanger4
09-05-2016, 06:41 AM
No, you won the argument. I have conformed.

Having fun yet?

Trump is a bottom feeder. Your thoughts?

You didn't "conform" you're a hypocrite and were called on it.

Trump U did the same as 10 of thousands of realtors. Try reading and understanding Dr. Who's post.

FindersKeepers
09-05-2016, 07:02 AM

They're not unique. They're all about the current case and could all be included in a single thread, unless it either got too long or got too far off-base.

Is there a reason why you want to dominate the board's discussions?

We have six cinton email threads, too. Any problems with those?

Which is five too many if all are on the front page. Unless there is new news that takes the case in a completely different direction, it's all redundancy.

More than one-a-day, is akin to spamming the board.

zelmo1234
09-05-2016, 07:37 AM
The problem is, all of them a discredited so early on.

This is likely the best Practice that they could have taught their Students. Then there are the tax Sale Properties. Which is how I started out, in real estate, and I still try and use that today.

I have taught that to several of my Sunday School Students who now try and purchase one unit a year.

It sucks when you think of all of the people that were taken in by the Carter/Clinton policies that sold homes to people that everyone knew could not keep them up or pay for them.

YES those policies took people in very bad situations and make their life much worse by totally taking everything they had or will have for decades to come. But that is what Democrats do.

But someone is going to make the money, it is going to happen. Even Pocahontas was using this to make money.

Bethere
09-05-2016, 12:09 PM
They're not unique. They're all about the current case and could all be included in a single thread, unless it either got too long or got too far off-base.

Is there a reason why you want to dominate the board's discussions?

Which is five too many if all are on the front page. Unless there is new news that takes the case in a completely different direction, it's all redundancy.

More than one-a-day, is akin to spamming the board.

They are all by the same poster, and all on the front page.

You were good with that, you just want to suppress my opinion because I am a liberal.

FindersKeepers
09-05-2016, 01:18 PM
They are all by the same poster, and all on the front page.

You were good with that, you just want to suppress my opinion because I am a liberal.

I don't care to suppress anyone's opinion. I just think starting five threads on the same topic -- one right after the other -- is spamming.

All of yours are off the front page now so no biggie. Just, this morning, when I was checking the new threads -- yours were dominating everything and they were all (in essence) the same.

Do as you please, but I think you'll get less feedback if you do it that way, because people tend to start toning out spam.

Docthehun
09-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I don't care to suppress anyone's opinion. I just think starting five threads on the same topic -- one right after the other -- is spamming.

All of yours are off the front page now so no biggie. Just, this morning, when I was checking the new threads -- yours were dominating everything and they were all (in essence) the same.

Do as you please, but I think you'll get less feedback if you do it that way, because people tend to start toning out spam.

You know, I've had the same feeling about Mrs. Clinton's e-mail problem being toned out, yet not hardly a day passes without a new thread. Appears to me, what's good for the goose should be good for the gander. I'd accept a compromise whereby we end all threads on both topics, call it a toss-up and move on.

Ravens Fan
09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
You know, I've had the same feeling about Mrs. Clinton's e-mail problem being toned out, yet not hardly a day passes without a new thread. Appears to me, what's good for the goose should be good for the gander. I'd accept a compromise whereby we end all threads on both topics, call it a toss-up and move on.

Hardly a day passes where there isn't more information coming out about Hillary's e-mail problems. Why ignore the new information?

Docthehun
09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Hardly a day passes where there isn't more information coming out about Hillary's e-mail problems. Why ignore the new information?

I recognize that the only people paying attention are folks already on our team. To win, we need votes from the left. This isn't denting her anymore than Benghazi. I think we're hell bent on losing come hell or high water. I'm waiting for the first e-mail indicating any level of criminal intent. Extremely poor judgement, yes; criminal intent, none so far. All of this is hurting our cause, in my humble opinion. But I understand and respect where you're coming from.

FindersKeepers
09-05-2016, 01:51 PM

I rarely post on on either of those topics, and I don't mind so much if folks start threads -- but five threads about the same thing within a matter of minutes is a little much. Eventually, they pass off the front page so no harm, no foul I suppose. I only mentioned it when they were all ON the front page at the same time.

Docthehun
09-05-2016, 02:00 PM
I rarely post on on either of those topics, and I don't mind so much if folks start threads -- but five threads about the same thing within a matter of minutes is a little much. Eventually, they pass off the front page so no harm, no foul I suppose. I only mentioned it when they were all ON the front page at the same time.

Passion runs deep on both sides of the aisle and that results in excesses. I'm with you on the this one. :smiley:

Peter1469
09-05-2016, 02:39 PM
A lot of people made money off the real estate crash. Why buy a house for $2M will some fool who can't afford a $2M house buys one and ends up in foreclosure? You can buy it for a fraction of the price.

A lot of people do that with commercial real estate as well.

Bethere
09-05-2016, 04:28 PM
A lot of people made money off the real estate crash. Why buy a house for $2M will some fool who can't afford a $2M house buys one and ends up in foreclosure? You can buy it for a fraction of the price.

A lot of people do that with commercial real estate as well.

zelmo1234
09-05-2016, 04:58 PM

In defense, hardly a day passes with out more crap that she tried to cover up, coming to light.

Peter1469
09-05-2016, 05:15 PM

A nonsensical response to my post. But not a surprise.

zelmo1234
09-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Here is likely why the people are suing Trump U.

They paid to attend the class and found out that you still have to work at it.

Most people today seem to be allergic to work.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 03:17 AM
Here is likely why the people are suing Trump U.

They paid to attend the class and found out that you still have to work at it.

Most people today seem to be allergic to work.

Blaming the victims is such a Republican thing to do guys!