PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hillary Clinton Begins Traveling With Press Corps on 'Hill Force One' Plane

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Hillary Clinton Begins Traveling With Press Corps on 'Hill Force One' Plane
By Liz Kreutz

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-start-travelling-press-corps-larger-aircraft/story?id=41813361

"Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm), who has abstained from the common campaign practice of flying on the same aircraft as her traveling press corps, has landed a new ride, a large jet dubbed Hill Force One, and welcomed reporters on board."

"Beginning today -- with just 64 days left until the election -- the Democratic presidential nominee, who has drawn fire for not holding press conferences is replacing her small, private jet with a significantly larger aircraft that she will not only share with her campaign staff, but with Secret Service staffers as well as reporters too."

"Clinton herself has as many public events today as she's had in the past two weeks. She has an event with her running mate Tim Kaine (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/tim-kaine.htm) in Cleveland, and then another in Quad Cities in Iowa. And it's not just Clinton on the road. Kaine, his wife Ann Holton, Vice President Joe Biden (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/joe-biden.htm), Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/bernie-sanders.htm), and Bill Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/bill-clinton.htm) are all out on the trail today, too."

===========================================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, Hill Force One is slated to be a great success to the Clinton Campaign as the press and media will have more opportunities to speak with and interview her while traveling. It was also time that she got a larger jet to allow all of those people to travel along plus the Secret Service. That is a super idea on Hillary's part and I do love the name of her new jet!

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Do they need to agree to ask only questions provided by the Clinton campaign?

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Do they need to agree to ask only questions provided by the Clinton campaign?
Certainly not. The press is the press and they can ask whatever they wish.

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Because there's no history of the Clinton political machine doing such a thing, huh?

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm positive that any reporter who has a history of asking tough, hardball questions will not be invited to participate.

del
09-05-2016, 12:25 PM
too bad she didn't book the lusitania

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm positive that any reporter who has a history of asking tough, hardball questions will not be invited to participate.
Well let's just see about that! ;)

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Well let's just see about that! ;)

when my prediction is demonstrated to be a fact, you won't admit it.

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 12:38 PM
when my prediction is demonstrated to be a fact, you won't admit it.
I wouldn't admit it only since it is a false prediction.

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't admit it only since it is a false prediction.

No. It's a prediction. A prediction which will become a reality.

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 12:55 PM
No. It's a prediction. A prediction which will become a reality.
Like I said. We'll see about that! :)

hanger4
09-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Certainly not. The press is the press and they can ask whatever they wish.

Well that answers why she hasn't had a press conference in 270 plus days.

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Like I said. We'll see about that! :)

And likewise, you won't admit it when my prediction comes true.

Ravens Fan
09-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I predict that although they are all on the same plane, the press will have very little to no access to Hillary. This is being done for the optics, not to allow the press a chance to ask the hard questions.

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 01:35 PM
I predict that although they are all on the same plane, the press will have very little to no access to Hillary. This is being done for the optics, not to allow the press a chance to ask the hard questions.
How wrong you are on that. If that was Hillary's main goal she would not allow the press to travel with her at all and would not have extended such a warm invitation to them. She would have only Secret Service by her side. But she is clearly ready for the media and press to be right on her jet so they can knock themselves out doing what they do. :)

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 01:36 PM
And likewise, you won't admit it when my prediction comes true.
Only it won't. So don't hold your breath. :)

Ravens Fan
09-05-2016, 01:37 PM
How wrong you are on that. If that was Hillary's main goal she would not allow the press to travel with her at all and would not have extended such a warm invitation to them. She would have only Secret Service by her side. But she is clearly ready for the media and press to be right on her jet so they can knock themselves out doing that they do. :)

We'll see about that...

Tahuyaman
09-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Only it won't. So don't hold your breath. :)

I won't, but it will.

TrueBlue
09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
We'll see about that...
Fist Bump on that! :)

JVV
09-05-2016, 01:44 PM
LOL.

So for months it was a super idea for her to avoid the press, and now it's a super idea for her to stop avoiding the press?

Does she ever do anything which is not a super idea?

hanger4
09-05-2016, 03:45 PM
How wrong you are on that. If that was Hillary's main goal she would not allow the press to travel with her at all and would not have extended such a warm invitation to them. She would have only Secret Service by her side. But she is clearly ready for the media and press to be right on her jet so they can knock themselves out doing what they do. :)

No press conference for 270 plus days TrueBlue. Trump has held 16 pressers this year alone. The only reason for the big jet is optics as Ravens Fan stated, if then she would be holding press conferences. She fears the unscripted questions.

Subdermal
09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
How wrong you are on that. If that was Hillary's main goal she would not allow the press to travel with her at all and would not have extended such a warm invitation to them.

:facepalm:

Hillary's main goal is to redirect the obvious pressure on her and her campaign; it's becoming damaging to her campaign even with her sycophants that she is avoiding scrutiny.

She would have only Secret Service by her side. But she is clearly ready for the media and press to be right on her jet so they can knock themselves out doing what they do. :)

What pathetic excuse-making. This is being done to control the circumstances and vet the participants, and hopefully defuse the accusation that she's got too much to hide and avoid talking about.