PDA

View Full Version : President Duterte : Obama is "Son of a Wh*re"

FindersKeepers
09-06-2016, 04:57 AM
At first I was like -- that's incredibly disrespectful to a US President. And, of course, it is.

Then, I read further and found that the US has been issuing warning to Duterte that he will "face questioning" over drug-related deaths, and I could better understand why the man would say that.

The acid-tongued Duterte bristled at warnings he would face questioning by the US president over a war against drugs in the Philippines that has claimed more than 2,400 lives in just over two months.
"You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions and statements. Son of a whore, I will curse you in that forum," Duterte told a news conference shortly before flying to Laos to attend a summit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3774386/Philippines-Duterte-calls-Barack-Obama-son-whore.html

Duterte later said he "regretted" the comment, although he stopped short of actually apologizing.

Should we care?

Peter1469
09-06-2016, 05:04 AM
It will harm relations between the US and the Philippines. But they need the US more than the US needs them.

Common
09-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Obama must think hes king of the world, he should not be threatening a countries leader over their social policy

Common
09-06-2016, 06:57 AM
It will harm relations between the US and the Philippines. But they need the US more than the US needs them.

True, but they dont need Obama. The phillipines have been a good ally of ours since WW2

donttread
09-06-2016, 07:17 AM
At first I was like -- that's incredibly disrespectful to a US President. And, of course, it is.

Then, I read further and found that the US has been issuing warning to Duterte that he will "face questioning" over drug-related deaths, and I could better understand why the man would say that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3774386/Philippines-Duterte-calls-Barack-Obama-son-whore.html

Duterte later said he "regretted" the comment, although he stopped short of actually apologizing.

Should we care?

Well the guy is a fucking asshole. But on the other hand he really isn't our asshole to worry about and our own" war on drugs " has cost far more lives than that.
We should probably fix our own shit before telling others how to fix there's. However, there was no reason to insult his mamma.

Captain Obvious
09-06-2016, 07:45 AM
lawl

exotix
09-06-2016, 07:53 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3774386/Philippines-Duterte-calls-Barack-Obama-son-$#@!.html

Should we care?
Well, Trump did say the Philippines is a Terrorist nation ...

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Most people in the Philippines are Christians.

but knowing obama he may only allow muslims to immigrate from there now

Green Arrow
09-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Duterte is basically a dictator whose actions violate every standard of law and justice. He should be condemned and marginalized.

Archer0915
09-06-2016, 09:55 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3774386/Philippines-Duterte-calls-Barack-Obama-son-$#@!.html

Should we care?

Here is the question... Was it an insult or a statement of fact?

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Here is the question... Was it an insult or a statement of fact?

A fact can also be an insult

See the reaction of Mexico when trump stated that many illegal aliens coming to America are criminals

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Should we care? After we spilled thousands of American lives liberating the Philippines in WW2, after having spent countless thousands of millions on them, to suggest it was stupid on their part, would be a gross understatement. As an American if you find anything to excuse in any way the personal insult to our President, you are a shitty American.

MrMike
09-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Maybe he has a point?

Cletus
09-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I kind of like the guy.

donttread
09-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Duterte is basically a dictator whose actions violate every standard of law and justice. He should be condemned and marginalized.

Yeah, a man who encouages his citizens to kill drug addicts has to be a winner. Here of course we have prohibition which turns our inner cities into battle grounds thereby culling the heard and feeding the prison industrial complex at the same time.

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Yeah, a man who encouages his citizens to kill drug addicts has to be a winner. Here of course we have prohibition which turns our inner cities into battle grounds

thereby culling the heard

and feeding the prison industrial complex at the same time.

Except for the occasional stray bullet taking out an innocent bystander the rogue animals are culling each other from the herd

donttread
09-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Except for the occasional stray bullet taking out an innocent bystander the rogue animals are culling each other from the herd

As might you if you had no job prospects , valuable illegal drugs to market and constant competition. Where do you thing gangs and cartels get the their money?

Archer0915
09-06-2016, 02:03 PM
A fact can also be an insult

See the reaction of Mexico when trump stated that many illegal aliens coming to America are criminals

When a statement of fact is insulting or offensive, the offended/insulted person has the problem not the person who stated the fact.

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 02:08 PM
As might you if you had no job prospects , valuable illegal drugs to market and constant competition. Where do you thing gangs and cartels get the their money?

There are jobs if obama voters in the hood want to find them

sealing the border and deporting illegal sliens would create new job oppertunites for everyone near the bottom of the economic ladder

donttread
09-06-2016, 04:05 PM
There are jobs if obama voters in the hood want to find them

sealing the border and deporting illegal sliens would create new job oppertunites for everyone near the bottom of the economic ladder

No where near enough good jobs, people with college degrees and clean records are flipping burgers. However, I agree on your second point, however big business likes the labor market suppressed . Which is why their bought and paid for politicans haven't stopped illegal immigration and have no intention of doing so.

Common Sense
09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
The Filipino Trump...

donttread
09-06-2016, 05:40 PM
After we spilled thousands of American lives liberating the Philippines in WW2, after having spent countless thousands of millions on them, to suggest it was stupid on their part, would be a gross understatement. As an American if you find anything to excuse in any way the personal insult to our President, you are a shitty American.

I'm cool with him insulting Obama, but not with the insult to his mother.

Mini Me
09-06-2016, 05:59 PM

Some thanks!

We saved them from the brutal Spaniards, then from the brutal Japanese!

Maybe T.R. was right! We should have kept them as a colony!

MisterVeritis
09-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Should we care?
We should care that the son of a whore is admonishing another country on internal matters of no concern to us.

MisterVeritis
09-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Obama is basically a dictator whose actions violate every standard of law and justice. He should be condemned and marginalized.

MisterVeritis
09-06-2016, 06:32 PM
After we spilled thousands of American lives liberating the Philippines in WW2, after having spent countless thousands of millions on them, to suggest it was stupid on their part, would be a gross understatement. As an American if you find anything to excuse in any way the personal insult to our President, you are a $#@!ty American.
Go soak your head.

donttread
09-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Some thanks!

We saved them from the brutal Spaniards, then from the brutal Japanese!

Maybe T.R. was right! We should have kept them as a colony!

Or, you know just mind our own business

FindersKeepers
09-07-2016, 03:57 AM
I'm cool with him insulting Obama, but not with the insult to his mother.

That's a good way of putting it.

Obama might have earned "an" insult based on the US meddling, but his mother did not.

My only concern about such blatant insults as this one is that they further demean and degrade the office of our presidency.

Mac-7
09-07-2016, 04:09 AM

Obama might have earned "an" insult based on the US meddling, but his mother did not.

My only concern about such blatant insults as this one is that they further demean and degrade the office of our presidency.

Just more evidence of how much respect America has lost with obama in the oval office.

he is a failed president

FindersKeepers
09-07-2016, 05:35 AM
he is a failed president

One of many.

Mostly, I think he's just a product of our time. While I disagree with nearly everything the man has done, from healthcare to foreign policy, Americans had a VERY GOOD IDEA what we were in for when we elected him -- twice -- so, he represents the will of the people. Unfortunately, most people are short-sighted and don't always recognize when a tactic will lead them down the merry path.

Here we are in the last few months of the Obama presidency and our world (and nation) are in greater turmoil than when he first took office.

History will not remember Obama kindly, but I still think there is something to be said for respecting the OFFICE of the presidency.

Ransom
09-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Or, you know just mind our own business

Our world donttread, we're just letting you live in it.

donttread
09-07-2016, 07:29 AM

Actually our administrations , especially Bushbama have done a fine job of degrading the office all on their own. If you're a corporate / special interest war mongering , lying whore it doesn't matter what tittle you hold. At some point you become your actions despite your false words.

donttread
09-07-2016, 07:33 AM

Exactly, Ransom. People like you along with the Bushbama's of the world really think it is YOUR WORLD. But it's not. You're a historian : Have we ever seen 16 years straight of such failure to lead as Bushbama has given us?

Beevee
09-07-2016, 07:35 AM

So on that premise, you would claim that a number of countries need the US more than the US needs them?

Who will these countries turn to after Trump is elected, when he decides, like you do, that the US doesn't need them?

Ethereal
09-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Duterte is a thug and an idiot, and Obama has every right to ask him questions about the former's murderous drug policies.

But I would question the propriety of someone like Obama, who has helped destroy at least two countries (Libya and Syria) since he's been in office, questioning another political leader about their human rights record.

Ethereal
09-07-2016, 07:43 AM

Your world is a violent, chaotic mess, not to mention incredibly expensive for American taxpayers.

Neocons will go down in history as one of the most evil and malevolent forces ever.

donttread
09-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Duterte is a thug and an idiot, and Obama has every right to ask him questions about the former's murderous drug policies.

But I would question the propriety of someone like Obama, who has helped destroy at least two countries (Libya and Syria) since he's been in office, questioning another political leader about their human rights record.

Agreed except for the "Every right" part. I don't believe we have a right to tell other nations how to conduct themselves , especially given our inability to conduct ourselves anywhere near properly or sanely. . In fact ,I think we practice deflection as a nation by saying "oh look over there we must go fix this country and ignore our own mounting issues". Our war on drugs has caused far more deaths than his admittedly terrible murderous response. And we definitely live in a "glass house"
Let the UN talk to him. If we keep up the strong armed big brother routine the people we've pissed off will join forces and push us out of their turf. I know they can't do that yet, however the list of enemies grows almost daily.

Ethereal
09-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Agreed except for the "Every right" part. I don't believe we have a right to tell other nations how to conduct themselves , especially given our inability to conduct ourselves anywhere near properly or sanely. . In fact ,I think we practice deflection as a nation by saying "oh look over there we must go fix this country and ignore our own mounting issues". Our war on drugs has caused far more deaths than his admittedly terrible murderous response. And we definitely live in a "glass house"
Let the UN talk to him. If we keep up the strong armed big brother routine the people we've pissed off will join forces and push us out of their turf. I know they can't do that yet, however the list of enemies grows almost daily.

A President can ask questions of another foreign leader. That's called diplomacy and it's something we should use more often. But, as I said, and as you noted, it's a bit hollow coming from the imperialist-in-chief.

Subdermal
09-07-2016, 08:41 AM
After we spilled thousands of American lives liberating the Philippines in WW2, after having spent countless thousands of millions on them, to suggest it was stupid on their part, would be a gross understatement. As an American if you find anything to excuse in any way the personal insult to our President, you are a $#@!ty American.

Why is it that this insult finally got to you?

And not the Chinese insult? Or the direct barb thrown by Raul Castro? Or the Iranians? Or the Russians?

Can't see the pattern?

donttread
09-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Your world is a violent, chaotic mess, not to mention incredibly expensive for American taxpayers.

Neocons will go down in history as one of the most evil and malevolent forces ever.

Yup!

donttread
09-07-2016, 09:46 AM
A President can ask questions of another foreign leader. That's called diplomacy and it's something we should use more often. But, as I said, and as you noted, it's a bit hollow coming from the imperialist-in-chief.

I get it. I'm just saying that he shouldn't even ask those questions. Would he like to questioned openly by every other world leader about all the deaths his policy has caused? It just seems like it all starts with a big brother lecture , which as we both agree rings hollow, when you cannot manage your own problems. Little brothers have a way of growing up big and strong. I really feel that is what the UN should be for, where a preponderance of the world's governments question your actions. But, I also know that the UN is not what it should be.

donttread
09-07-2016, 10:25 AM

I get it. However it seems to be a big time one way street. How would Obama like to be questioned about the deaths he has caused by every world leader ? To me the holier than thou, big brother act starts with the questions. I feel that the UN, involving a preponerance of nations should do such questioning. For one thing it would probably elicit better responses. However, I also know that the UN is nowhere near what it should be. Mostly, I just can't abide the hypocrisy in so many of our interactions with other nations. It's like when an individual inserts themselves into the lifes of others to "fix them" to help them ignore there own problems, deflection. Also, little brothers have a way of growing up big and strong.

Mac-7
09-07-2016, 10:53 AM
One of many.

Mostly, I think he's just a product of our time. While I disagree with nearly everything the man has done, from healthcare to foreign policy, Americans had a VERY GOOD IDEA what we were in for when we elected him -- twice -- so, he represents the will of the people. Unfortunately, most people are short-sighted and don't always recognize when a tactic will lead them down the merry path.

Here we are in the last few months of the Obama presidency and our world (and nation) are in greater turmoil than when he first took office.

History will not remember Obama kindly, but I still think there is something to be said for respecting the OFFICE of the presidency.

Unfortunately history will be written by many of the same people making excuses for obama today.

they will remember him very kindly

Mini Me
09-07-2016, 11:04 AM
I get it. However it seems to be a big time one way street. How would Obama like to be questioned about the deaths he has caused by every world leader ? To me the holier than thou, big brother act starts with the questions. I feel that the UN, involving a preponerance of nations should do such questioning. For one thing it would probably elicit better responses. However, I also know that the UN is nowhere near what it should be. Mostly, I just can't abide the hypocrisy in so many of our interactions with other nations. It's like when an individual inserts themselves into the lifes of others to "fix them" to help them ignore there own problems, deflection. Also, little brothers have a way of growing up big and strong.

case in point.....Izrahell!

That's who the PNAC Neocon war group works for!
We should not have one more US soldier die for Izrahells proxy wars they refuse to fight them selves!

AZ Jim
09-07-2016, 11:09 AM

My only concern about such blatant insults as this one is that they further demean and degrade the office of our presidency.You are starting to sound like some of these big mouth, foul, anti-American jerks who fall right in line with those who hate our President.

FindersKeepers
09-07-2016, 11:34 AM
You are starting to sound like some of these big mouth, foul, anti-American jerks who fall right in line with those who hate our President.

Because I stuck up for his mother and for the office of the presidency?

WTH?

AZ Jim
09-07-2016, 11:52 AM

WTH?Because of this:"Obama might have earned "an" insult based on the US meddling, but his mother did not." Obama did NOT earn it and you know it. You are better than what you are becoming.

Cletus
09-07-2016, 12:26 PM
I think all self respecting whores have more reason to offended than Obama does.

donttread
09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
case in point.....Izrahell!

That's who the PNAC Neocon war group works for!
We should not have one more US soldier die for Izrahells proxy wars they refuse to fight them selves!

The Israelis are wealthy , well armed and well trainined. I think they are a true ally. Having said that they must fund their own military and we must stop micro managing it's actions.

donttread
09-07-2016, 01:11 PM

WTH?

Wow , where the fuck did that come from! I never knew you hated Merica so much? LOL

FindersKeepers
09-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Wow , where the $#@! did that come from! I never knew you hated Merica so much? LOL

LOL, that's kind of what I was thinking.

AeonPax
09-07-2016, 03:25 PM
`
`
The United States of America and it's poorly elected leader have absolutely no ethical or moral high ground to criticize what another nation does. The Nobel peace prize winning warmonger, Obama, has more innocent blood on his hands than even Bush. The US sells billions of dollars of military hardware to SA so that they can massacre innocent Yemini. It says nothing while SA continues to treat women as second class citizens which includes their torture. Obama's assassination drones have killed countless of innocent. The list of his crimes go on. Not him, nor this already fractured country of ours, has the moral fortitude to lecture anyone on ethical and moral issues.

Duterte is an idiot along the lines of Trump BUT, he was elected by a vote of 81% and is acting with the approval of those who elected him. Given the hypocrisy of our government, Obama nor the democrats have any moral mandate to criticize anyone.