PDA

View Full Version : Trumps own words on his giving bribes....

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
What more does it take to convince you boneheads?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430266/donald-trump-bribery-politicians-hillary-clinton-robert-menendez-solomon-melgen

https://theintercept.com/2015/08/07/donald-trump-buy/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/06/how-donald-trump-made-it-look-like-he-was-bribing-the-attorney-general-of-florida/

zelmo1234
09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Well I have to say that I donate to local officials as well, and I expect them to take my call and to see things my way.

Like it or not, that is the current way that our government works.

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
This smear was published back in january.

are you a slow reader, jim?

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 03:35 PM

are you a slow reader, jim?These are TRUMPS Words!!!!

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Come on deniers! Defend your boy.

Its an old story and an old debate

i have no interest in going over it again

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 03:36 PM
These are TRUMPS Words!!!!

Yeah?

so who cares?

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Well I have to say that I donate to local officials as well, and I expect them to take my call and to see things my way.

Like it or not, that is the current way that our government works.So you agree trumps bribing the attorney General of Florida was a good thing?

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Yeah?

so who cares?Obviously not you but honest Americans take a dim view of bribing your way out of a lawsuit.

Mac-7
09-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Obviously not you but honest Americans take a dim view of bribing your way out of a lawsuit.

you mean democrats who are hoping to elect hillary and collect more government handouts

which is another form of bribery

hanger4
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
So you agree trumps bribing the attorney General of Florida was a good thing?

So, you know for a fact the AG of Florida dropped the case for a campaign contribution ??

Was the AG actually investigating the case ??

texan
09-06-2016, 04:14 PM

are you a slow reader, jim?

Not to mention he admits that the system works this way and he just navigates thru it, he also boasted on this day 1. Hey everyone Jim is possibly caught up now.

Hey Jim your candidate is worse than our bad candidate just look at the trust polls.

Peter1469
09-06-2016, 04:50 PM
It is worse to give a bribe or accept bribes?

exploited
09-06-2016, 04:52 PM

Both represent an effort to screw the law-abiding over, so I'd say they are equal.

Truth Detector
09-06-2016, 04:55 PM

Both represent an effort to screw the law-abiding over, so I'd say they are equal.

It is far worse for Government employees to take bribes in order to satisfy private interests than it is for a private interest to attempt to buy influence. You have to be naïve and stupid to think that people who risk capital do not wish to minimize that risk by getting Government to work with them.

texan
09-06-2016, 04:57 PM

Or do it and then lie about it by sending innocent people out to defend you when the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.....Sometimes I feel badly about the person in the hot seat, you can tell they know it is a weak a$$ defense..

exploited
09-06-2016, 05:00 PM
It is far worse for Government employees to take bribes in order to satisfy private interests than it is for a private interest to attempt to buy influence. You have to be naïve and stupid to think that people who risk capital do not wish to minimize that risk by getting Government to work with them.

People who cannot compete on the basis of their own skill and business acumen are weak and pathetic.

Those who compromise the public trust are also weak and pathetic.

Both are so weak and pathetic that it is meaningless and silly to attempt to declare one worse than the other ("Who was worse? Hitler, Stalin or Mao?")

Truth Detector
09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
What more does it take to convince you boneheads?
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430266/donald-trump-bribery-politicians-hillary-clinton-robert-menendez-solomon-melgen

https://theintercept.com/2015/08/07/donald-trump-buy/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/06/how-donald-trump-made-it-look-like-he-was-bribing-the-attorney-general-of-florida/

It is pretty boneheaded to think that investors are not going to try to minimize risk on their investments and buy influence any way they can. So Trump GIVES to their campaigns and in whiney Leftist retard land, this is called a bribe ONLY because they don't like the persons political ideology. But if it is several millions to buy access through the Clinton foundation, why that is just dandy and good, and it is not a bribe, but an "investment".

You have shown ZERO interest in political corruption and criminal acts by the candidate you support; to see you engage in a whine fest over Trump doing things corrupt politicians expect in return is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Truth Detector
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
People who cannot compete on the basis of their own skill and business acumen are weak and pathetic.

Another dumb and naïve claim which suggests that you know little or nothing about how REAL business operates and how Government coopts those efforts by engaging in influence peddling. If you want to develop the downtown of any city America, you will be contributing to ALL the candidates attempting to gain their support for your project; unless they're a leftist twit who has never invested anything in their whole lives..

Those who compromise the public trust are also weak and pathetic.

Private donors to political campaigns cannot compromise the public's trust, that can ONLY be done by the corrupt politicians the voters have placed in office. Are you a Hillary supporter?

Both are so weak and pathetic that it is meaningless and silly to attempt to declare one worse than the other ("Who was worse? Hitler, Stalin or Mao?")

:rofl: Nothing can be worse than Government power and corruption. Private companies have no power other than what their customers demand of them. Do you support Hillary?

P.S. If that is your picture in your avatar, you never spent a day in Vietnam.

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 05:08 PM
This is old news so not worth looking into, eh? Let's see how old is Benghazi? How old is the email story? I hope the investigation is forthcoming and we get a clear answer to this.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 05:19 PM
This is old news so not worth looking into, eh? Let's see how old is Benghazi? How old is the email story? I hope the investigation is forthcoming and we get a clear answer to this.

And one more time. Hillary Clinton is now and always will be the reason for the seaming endless Benghazi hearings/stories email stories. Think real hard AZ Jim, who had a home-brew server ?? Who failed to comply with every Benghazi hearing untill her secret server for State Dept business was discovered ??

exploited
09-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Another dumb and naïve claim which suggests that you know little or nothing about how REAL business operates and how Government coopts those efforts by engaging in influence peddling. If you want to develop the downtown of any city America, you will be contributing to ALL the candidates attempting to gain their support for your project; unless they're a leftist twit who has never invested anything in their whole lives..

Private donors to political campaigns cannot compromise the public's trust, that can ONLY be done by the corrupt politicians the voters have placed in office. Are you a Hillary supporter?

:rofl: Nothing can be worse than Government power and corruption. Private companies have no power other than what their customers demand of them. Do you support Hillary?

P.S. If that is your picture in your avatar, you never spent a day in Vietnam.

Who said I fought in Vietnam? I fought in Guatemala, and when I got back, I started my own high-tech company that I sold to a group of angels for $22.5 million.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:24 PM
It is pretty boneheaded to think that investors are not going to try to minimize risk on their investments and buy influence any way they can. So Trump GIVES to their campaigns and in whiney Leftist retard land, this is called a bribe ONLY because they don't like the persons political ideology. But if it is several millions to buy access through the Clinton foundation, why that is just dandy and good, and it is not a bribe, but an "investment".

You have shown ZERO interest in political corruption and criminal acts by the candidate you support; to see you engage in a whine fest over Trump doing things corrupt politicians expect in return is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Another Republican making fun of the mentally retarded?

Shame on you and your doomed party.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:26 PM
And one more time. Hillary Clinton is now and always will be the reason for the seaming endless Benghazi hearings/stories email stories. Think real hard AZ Jim, who had a home-brew server ?? Who failed to comply with every Benghazi hearing untill her secret server for State Dept business was discovered ??

AZ Jim
09-06-2016, 05:34 PM
And one more time. Hillary Clinton is now and always will be the reason for the seaming endless Benghazi hearings/stories email stories. Think real hard AZ Jim, who had a home-brew server ?? Who failed to comply with every Benghazi hearing untill her secret server for State Dept business was discovered ??No, the reason for the seemingly endless hearings is the typical 'dirty tricks' the republicans have always used to gain and retain power. The republican party is imploding.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Speachless yet again.

You're really not very good at accepting the truth, are you ??

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Speachless yet again.You're really not very good at accepting the truth, are you ??It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 05:44 PM
No, the reason for the seemingly endless hearings is the typical 'dirty tricks' the republicans have always used to gain and retain power. The republican party is imploding.

You're right AZ Jim the Republicans held a gun to her head and told her to setup a secret home-brew server to conduct State Dept business so in the future they could hold it against her.

Geebuss

hanger4
09-06-2016, 05:47 PM
It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Everyone knows you've got nothing, no need to put it on display.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:48 PM
You're right AZ Jim the Republicans held a gun to her head and told her to setup a secret home-brew server to conduct State Dept business so in the future they could hold it against her.

Geebuss

What do you think of truth detector making light of mental retardation?

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Everyone knows you've got nothing, no need to put it on display.

Crepitus
09-06-2016, 05:50 PM
No, the reason for the seemingly endless hearings is the typical 'dirty tricks' the republicans have always used to gain and retain power. The republican party is imploding.
Yup, the only way they can get there or stay there is to lie cheat and steal.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 05:51 PM
What do you think of truth detector making light of mental retardation?

Call him on it. Use facts not cartoons, you'll fare better.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Call him on it. Use facts not cartoons, you'll fare better.I asked your opinion.

You skated around it.

You tacitly approve of his abuse, as does every other Republican on this forum.

exploited
09-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Call him on it. Use facts not cartoons, you'll fare better.

That's not true. Truth Detector/JLB has been this way for years and years. He will never change. Last electoral season, he was convinced that Romney would win by a landslide, and spent months calling people idiots, morons, etc. if they said otherwise. He even used the same phrases - "In liberal looney land, the election is over before the first vote is even cast!"

The day after election day, he disappeared, and signed up to many of the same forums under the name Truth Detector.

I have always suspected that he is a paid poster, whose sole purpose is to rally the troops.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 05:58 PM
That's not true. Truth Detector/JLB has been this way for years and years. He will never change. Last electoral season, he was convinced that Romney would win by a landslide, and spent months calling people idiots, morons, etc. if they said otherwise. He even used the same phrases - "In liberal looney land, the election is over before the first vote is even cast!"

The day after election day, he disappeared, and signed up to many of the same forums under the name Truth Detector.

I have always suspected that he is a paid poster, whose sole purpose is to rally the troops.

Captain obvious ripped on the mentally retarded several times last week. No one said a word but me. I reported it, too.

Nothing.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I asked your opinion.

You skated around it.

I approved nothing. I'm not your mommy to kiss it and make feel better. Fight your own percieved injustices. Truth be told I pay little attention to TD, he adds little to the conversation, mostly invective snark.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
I approved nothing. I'm not your mommy to kiss it and make feel better. Fight your own percieved injustices. Truth be told I pay little attention to TD, he adds little to the conversation, mostly invective snark.

Even now you have dodged taking a stand.

Such is the nature of tacit approval.

When you call someone a libtard you are in violation of rule #2, belittling a fellow member, as well as being guilty of making fun of millions of innocent victims of mental retardation.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Even now you have dodged taking a stand.

Such is the nature of tacit approval.

When you call someone a libtard you are in violation of rule #2, belittling a fellow member, as well as being guilty of making fun of millions of innocent victims of mental retardation.

What part of "pay little attention to" and "invective snark" didn't you understand ??

I don't approve of AZ Jim's name calling, I haven't reported it either. Does that mean I tactfully approve his rudeness ??

Bethere
09-06-2016, 06:25 PM
What part of "pay little attention to" and "invective snark" didn't you understand ??

I don't approve of AZ Jim's name calling, I haven't reported it either. Does that mean I tactfully approve his rudeness ??

Then say it. "Making fun of mental retardation is wrong."

Why is that so hard for you?

hanger4
09-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Then say it. "Making fun of mental retardation is wrong."

Why is that so hard for you?

I'm sorry what part of "I'm not your mommy" didn't you understand ??

Don't like what he said take it up with him.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry what part of "I'm not your mommy" didn't you understand ??

Don't like what he said take it up with him.

Just as I thought.

You tacitly approve of the use of slanderous language like, "libtard."

You should be ashamed.

Docthehun
09-06-2016, 07:19 PM
I asked your opinion.

You skated around it.

I'll not speak for Mr. Utley, but I strongly suspect he doesn't condone such talk anymore than I do. I'm certain, I'm not alone.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Just as I thought.

You tacitly approve of the use of slanderous language like, "libtard."

You should be ashamed.

If it helps you sleep at night.

You should take it up with TD.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 08:26 PM
If it helps you sleep at night.

You should take it up with TD.

You should be embarrassed.

exploited
09-06-2016, 08:27 PM
To be fair to hanger4, he is not responsible for something another person said. Not wanting to get involved is a perfectly valid position, even when you have formed an opinion about what should be done.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 08:32 PM
I'll not speak for Mr. Utley, but I strongly suspect he doesn't condone such talk anymore than I do. I'm certain, I'm not alone.

I don't question either of you. I know too much about you to do that and I should have been more careful not to lump you in with the riff raff.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 08:37 PM
To be fair to hanger4, he is not responsible for something another person said. Not wanting to get involved is a perfectly valid position, even when you have formed an opinion about what should be done.

In fairness to me, hanger 4 loves to comment without prompting on what other posters say--he follows me around every day doing just that. And yet in this case he can't even say, "Making fun of mental retardation is wrong."

exploited
09-06-2016, 08:41 PM
In fairness to me, hanger 4 loves to comment without prompting on what other posters say--he follows me around every day doing just that. And yet in this case he can't even say, "Making fun of mental retardation is wrong."

Well, I'll stay out of this one then. I'd hate to be asked to speak for fairness.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 08:57 PM
You should be embarrassed.

Why ?? Because I won't chastise someone that said something YOU find offensive. Like said, I'm not your mommy. Fight your own battles. Call him out, make your case, back it up. If all else fails put him on ignore so you won't be offended by his words. In other words grow up, this is a forum.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Don't flatter yourself Bethere, I could careless about you. I only call you out when you post wrongs, debunked memes or out right lies stated in your links or OP. You only believe I follow you around because you tend to that often.

Newpublius
09-06-2016, 09:36 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-seeks-distance-donation-supporting-florida-ag-192051428--election.html

"Bondi's spokesman told The Associated Press in June that she personally solicited the $25,000 donation from Trump during a 2013 phone call. The Donald J. Trump Foundation check arrived just days after Bondi's office told a newspaper it was deliberating whether to join a proposed multi-state lawsuit against Trump University and Trump Institute, businesses that offered real-estate seminars that scores of former students allege were get-rich-quick scams."

If this is true, Trump isn't bribing them, they're EXTORTING money from him.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Why ?? Because I won't chastise someone that said something YOU find offensive. Like said, I'm not your mommy. Fight your own battles. Call him out, make your case, back it up. If all else fails put him on ignore so you won't be offended by his words. In other words grow up, this is a forum.

So YOU don't find making fun of the mentally retarded offensive?

hanger4
09-06-2016, 09:58 PM
So YOU don't find making fun of the mentally retarded offensive?

Get over yourself Bethere.

Why don't you stop whining about it and do something ??

Bethere
09-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Get over yourself Bethere. Why don't you stop whining about it and do something ??Your most endearing and predictable quality is your insistence on the last word.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 10:32 PM
Your most endearing and predictable quality is your insistence on the last word.

Don't accuse me things that are untrue.

I guess your C&P of my sig line means you've succumbed to the truth again.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Don't accuse me things that are untrue.

I guess your C&P of my sig line means you've succumbed to the truth again.

If it's not true then why did you go for the last word--just like I said?

Lmfao!

Tahuyaman
09-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Trump has never hidden the fact that he expected something in return for his political contributions. The politicians who received the money seem to deny that they let these donations influence their actions.

Bethere
09-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Trump has never hidden the fact that he expected something in return for his political contributions. The politicians who received the money seem to deny that they let these donations influence their actions.

If he'd be gracious enough to say that under oath we could save a lot of money on a trial.

Tahuyaman
09-06-2016, 11:34 PM
If he'd be gracious enough to say that under oath we could save a lot of money on a trial.

the people on trial should be the pols who take the bribes.

hanger4
09-06-2016, 11:38 PM
If it's not true then why did you go for the last word--just like I said?

Lmfao!

I'll defend myself reguardless.

Bethere
09-07-2016, 12:14 AM
the people on trial should be the pols who take the bribes.

They should go on trial alongside the people who are buying influence. Both acts are against the law.

Bribery, for your information, is the act of paying not the act of receiving.

Bo-4
09-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Its an old story and an old debate

i have no interest in going over it again

http://www.slapupsidethehead.com/wp-content/media/2009/04/lalala-i-cant-hear-you.jpg