PDA

View Full Version : What candidate does Wall-street own? Hello Bernie fans wake up!

texan
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
http://fortune.com/2016/09/06/goldman-elite-trump-pence/

Tahuyaman
09-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Goldman Sachs Bans Employees from Donating to Trump
Can you imagine to outrage from the Democrats here if this was someone banning contributions to the Clinton campaign?

Peter1469
09-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Goldman Sachs Bans Employees from Donating to Trump

Can you imagine to outrage from the Democrats here if this was someone banning contributions to the Clinton campaign?

I doubt that they could legally get away with such a ban.

A bit off topic, but my position is that corporations and organizations like unions should be banned from donating to elections. However, ever single person who makes up those corporations and organizations should be able to donate to candidates of their choice.

AeonPax
09-07-2016, 04:09 PM
`
`
I read that only applies to attorneys whom are vested in the company, not managerial and support staff.

Tahuyaman
09-07-2016, 04:14 PM
I doubt that they could legally get away with such a ban.

A bit off topic, but my position is that corporations and organizations like unions should be banned from donating to elections. However, ever single person who makes up those corporations and organizations should be able to donate to candidates of their choice.

I would say that if one is going to be consistent and oppose the citizens united decision and say a corporation can not donate to political causes, one should also oppose unions contributing to campaigns as well.

I'm sure though that many are not consistent on that issue.