PDA

View Full Version : Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!

AZ Jim
09-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Job openings at a all time high, Layoffs at a three year low.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-07/us-job-openings-hit-all-time-high-as-layoffs-drop-to-3-year-low

Common
09-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Jim its because obama is LEAVING not because he just got in. HE DID NOTHING for 8 yrs :)

Chris
09-08-2016, 01:27 PM
So despite the government's interference, the private sector is recovering. Cool!

nic34
09-08-2016, 01:31 PM
So that sucking sound isn't Obama leaving, it's trumpy talking?

lol

AZ Jim
09-08-2016, 01:34 PM
So, the same old tired GOP mantra repeated here by the lackeys who still cling to that ideology of "never give the President any credit" prevails here in the bastion of ignorance GOP style.

Chris
09-08-2016, 01:38 PM
So, the same old tired GOP mantra repeated here by the lackeys who still cling to that ideology of "never give the President any credit" prevails here in the bastion of ignorance GOP style.

I'm not a Republican, Jim. So stop the canned posts.

Chris
09-08-2016, 01:39 PM

lol

Trump will probably, like most Reps, be pro-business.

(N.B., pro-business is not pro-market which he wants to regulate.)

AZ Jim
09-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I'm not a Republican, Jim. So stop the canned posts.It is not a "canned post" and you are not the only Obama detractor. As to your party I don't give a shit what you are Chris, you are merely annoying to me.

Beevee
09-08-2016, 02:04 PM
It is not a "canned post" and you are not the only Obama detractor. As to your party I don't give a $#@! what you are Chris, you are merely annoying to me.

How could a conservative be annoying to you?

Don't you know they are always right, never wrong and consider liberals to be skivers, benefit seekers, free medical treatment enthusiasts, (heaven forbid) gun abolitionists, free education seekers and a myriad of other unmentionables.

Go into the corner and put on the donkey dunce hat. When you do, remember that the elephant dunce hat has yet to be produced and when it is, it won't be with public money.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even contemplating arguing with a conservative.

Peter1469
09-08-2016, 02:06 PM
So 5.9 million jobs open. But only around 150K of them are being filled a month.

Captain Obvious
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
What do wages and benes look like?

Loaded question, we're working more for less.

Tahuyaman
09-08-2016, 04:15 PM
If you are looking for a low skill, low paying job to supplement another income, times are good.

Still, when the government doesn't meddle, the free market will adjust and self correct.

Mac-7
09-08-2016, 06:11 PM
How many of those jobs will go to American citizens and how many to illegal aliens?

there are up to 20 million foreign workers taking jobs away from American citizens.

zelmo1234
09-08-2016, 07:48 PM

lol

That was pretty funny!

nic34
09-09-2016, 08:59 AM
What do wages and benes look like?

Loaded question, we're working more for less.

Wages and Benies? Union jobs?

yeah.... riiiiiiiight....

nic34
09-09-2016, 09:01 AM
If you are looking for a low skill, low paying job to supplement another income, times are good.

Still, when the government doesn't meddle, the free market will adjust and self correct.

GWB legacy, Uniquely American...

Tahuyaman
09-09-2016, 09:17 AM
GWB legacy, Uniquely American...

Bush has been out of office for nearly eight years. At some point you partisans need to stop blaming him and except that fact.

nathanbforrest45
09-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Bush has been out of office for nearly eight years. At some point you partisans need to stop blaming him and except that fact.

Actually this is all the result of FDR's policies that government can cure all ills. If Hillary is elected the job market will improve because of all the men killed in the Middle East in the war she will start, just like it did for FDR

Tahuyaman
09-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Actually this is all the result of FDR's policies that government can cure all ills. If Hillary is elected the job market will improve because of all the men killed in the Middle East in the war she will start, just like it did for FDR

In all fairness to her, she says that she will defeat our enemies without deploying soldiers to fight these enemies. So, she thinks she can lead a military victory without actually fighting the war.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 03:54 AM
So 5.9 million jobs open. But only around 150K of them are being filled a month.
We're approaching full employment.

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 04:09 AM

Incorrect. We have the lowest labor force participation rate since the 1970s.

Public schools have turned out morons in the US.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 04:25 AM

:grin:

Bethere
09-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Incorrect. We have the lowest labor force participation rate since the 1970s.

Public schools have turned out morons in the US.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 04:28 AM
:grin:

Good times!

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Forbes, behind a pay wall, has a good article about the labor force participation rate and who is out of work.

It is not retirement aged people. They are working longer.

It is the younger cohorts. That is very bad for the economy. Younger people drive the economy. They buy houses, have babies, save for retirement. These younger people today are doing much less of that and living in their parent's basement. That is a long term economic problem.

Public schools.... People post a graph and don't even know what it is about.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Good times!

I admit -- you're good for putting a smile on my face. Your one-liners, copy/paste and image posting, without commentary, allude to the fact you really don't know your subject matter -- but, you do make me chuckle.

It's all good.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 04:34 AM
Forbes, behind a pay wall, has a good article about the labor force participation rate and who is out of work.

It is the younger cohorts. That is very bad for the economy. Younger people drive the economy. They buy houses, have babies, save for retirement. These younger people today are doing much less of that and living in their parent's basement. That is a long term economic problem.

Very well said!

Bethere
09-12-2016, 04:36 AM

You never, ever admit that you are wrong.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 04:37 AM
I admit -- you're good for putting a smile on my face. Your one-liners, copy/paste and image posting, without commentary, allude to the fact you really don't know your subject matter -- but, you do make me chuckle.

It's all good.

All it means is that I am concise.

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 04:37 AM
You never, ever admit that you are wrong.

Incorrect.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Incorrect.
Good times!

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 04:47 AM

That is on my bookcase at work. :smiley:

Bethere
09-12-2016, 05:15 AM
That is on my bookcase at work. :smiley:
Make every word tell.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 07:53 AM

LOL

William Strunk is rolling in his grave.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Make every word tell.

That's not what the Elements of Style is about.

You're funny.

Beevee
09-12-2016, 08:01 AM

How many unemployed were there eight years ago. I'm sure conservatives don't want to know and you won't be the one to remind them, will you?

Bethere
09-12-2016, 10:18 AM
That's not what the Elements of Style is about. You're funny.Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that he make every word tell.— "Elementary Principles of Composition", The Elements of Style

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that he make every word tell.— "Elementary Principles of Composition", The Elements of Style

LOL

You took one small paragraph out of an entire book and used it to represent the whole book.

Better luck next time.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 05:10 PM
LOL

You took one small paragraph out of an entire book and used it to represent the whole book.

Better luck next time.

Pete has a copy. Tomorrow morning ask him to let you see it. It's only 50 or 60 pages long, paperback. White's wonderful introduction is longer than the book is, seemingly in violation of Strunk's premise.

Your friend,

Bethere!

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Pete has a copy. Tomorrow morning ask him to let you see it. It's only 50 or 60 pages long, paperback. White's wonderful introduction is longer than the book is, seemingly in violation of Strunk's premise.

Your friend,

Bethere!

I have a copy, too. A number of them. It's basically a grammar and citation book.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 05:39 PM
I have a copy, too. A number of them. It's basically a grammar and citation book.

It's too small to be an effective paperweight or bookend, so you might as well try reading it.

Your pal,

Bethere!

Spoiler alert: Strunk was White's comp teacher in college, Elements was the only required text for the course.

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 05:47 PM
How many unemployed were there eight years ago. I'm sure conservatives don't want to know and you won't be the one to remind them, will you?

You fail to make any sense.

The numbers are published for all to see.

If you have anything intelligent to add, please do so.