PDA

View Full Version : Romney takes a slight lead in Florida

pjohns
10-05-2012, 11:28 PM
From Rasmussen Reports:

Mitt Romney now has swung back into the lead in the first post-debate survey of the presidential race in Florida.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Florida Likely Voters shows Romney with 49% of the vote to Obama’s 47%. Three percent (3%) are undecided at this point.

Here is the link: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/florida/election_2012_florida_president

Captain Obvious
10-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Florida's an important state.

I'm a PA voter and if Obama is highly likely to take PA, I'm voting Johnson.

Deadwood
10-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Florida is key.

And from reports they are going to get tough on "marginal votes", which means the Hispanic vote won't be as solid.

Obama has cooked it with the Jewish vote.....even the left will sit this one out. The 1967 borders thing killed him there.

I think Romney will take Florida.

Peter1469
10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Hopefully those old Jewish princess won't have hanging chad confusion.

pjohns
10-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Florida is key.

And from reports they are going to get tough on "marginal votes", which means the Hispanic vote won't be as solid.

The central problem, of course, is that "the Hispanic vote" is not a monolith; and the Cuban-American vote, specifically--which is a rather large portion of the Hispanic vote in Florida--tends to go Republican. (Admittedly, not as much so as it did in previous years; those who are still alive, and who can remember fleeing Cuba during or after 1959, are much more likely to be conservative voters than their descendants are, half-a-century later.)

KC
10-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Florida is key.

Obama has cooked it with the Jewish vote.....even the left will sit this one out. The 1967 borders thing killed him there.

I think Romney will take Florida.

It never fails to surprise me how much more you know about American politics than most Americans.

:yo2:

Calypso Jones
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Notice that if Obama has the lead it's never called slight.

pjohns
10-12-2012, 08:10 PM
A new poll of likely voters, commissioned by the Miami Herald and the Tampa Bay Times, shows Gov. Romney ahead in Florida by seven percentage points, 51-44.

The new set of numbers "marks a dramatic 8-point shift since last month," according to a Miamai Herald article on the matter.

Here is the link: Poll: Strong presidential debate helps Mitt Romney move ahead of President Obama by 7 points among Florida voters - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/11/3045712/poll-strong-debate-helps-mitt.html)

Peter1469
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
No wonder with these debate performances. Obama looks weak, and Biden looks unhinged.

birddog
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Florida's an important state.

I'm a PA voter and if Obama is highly likely to take PA, I'm voting Johnson.

Johnson lost in the primary, so you are voting for a loser and helping Obama. Pitiful!

Conley
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Johnson lost in the primary, so you are voting for a loser and helping Obama. Pitiful!

Romney lost in the primary too...four years ago. He won this time around over a very weak field.

KC
10-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Losing in a system that rewards lying, cheating and serving special interests instead of the people's isn't such a bad thing. It's the winners we should be worried about.