PDA

View Full Version : Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump?

Peter1469
09-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-wonder-and-worry-why-isnt-clinton-far-ahead-of-trump/2016/09/09/543f3342-7693-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html)

Serious? She is a horrible person and candidate, that is why.

With Election Day less than two months away, Democrats are increasingly worried that Hillary Clinton has not built a formidable lead against Donald Trump despite his historic weaknesses as a national party candidate.

Even the Democratic nominee’s advisers acknowledge that she must make changes, and quickly. Clinton leads Trump by three percentage points, having fallen from her high of nine points in August, according to the latest RealClearPolitics average. That tightening has frustrated many Clinton allies and operatives, who are astonished that she isn’t running away with this race, given Trump’s deep unpopularity and his continuing stream of controversial comments.

“Generally, I’m concerned, frankly,” said former Democratic Senate leader Thomas A. Daschle (S.D.). “It still looks positive, and I think if you look at the swing states and where she is right now, she’s got a lead. But it’s certainly not in the bag. We have two months to go, and I think it’s going to be a competitive race all the way through. I would say she’s got at least a 60 percent chance of winning.”

At the same time, Daschle said, “all the things that Trump has done, the numbers should be far more explicitly in her favor, but they’re not.”

Also, it is what she represents: the march towards a borderless world.

Trump says no. Like Brexit.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Democrats wonder and worry: Why isn’t Clinton far ahead of Trump? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-wonder-and-worry-why-isnt-clinton-far-ahead-of-trump/2016/09/09/543f3342-7693-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html)

Serious? She is a horrible person and candidate, that is why.

Also, it is what she represents: the march towards a borderless world.

Trump says no. Like Brexit.
Not to mention she has spent several hundreds of millions of dollars in negative adverts to make Trump appear unfavorable. He has spent almost nothing. And they are even.

Crepitus
09-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Because she sucks almost as much if not more than Trump.

Write in "none of the above" and save the nation.

Peter1469
09-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Because she sucks almost as much if not more than Trump.

Write in "none of the above" and save the nation.

I have advocated for None of the Above for years.

Common Sense
09-09-2016, 09:46 PM
I blame frustration, a yearning for change and frankly ignorance and fear. Trump has done a good job of getting people rilled up.

exploited
09-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Not to mention she has spent several hundreds of millions of dollars in negative adverts to make Trump appear unfavorable. He has spent almost nothing. And they are even.

At this point, my guess is that Trump is planning a media bomb.

He isn't going to spend his money now. He is going to wait until late-game, and then he is going to unleash the single biggest ad campaign in American presidential history.

Peter1469
09-09-2016, 09:48 PM
I don't think he riled anyone up. He tapped into what was already there.

Crepitus
09-09-2016, 09:48 PM
The only person who could possibly be a worse choice than Clinton is Trump.

But then the only person who could possibly be a worse choice than trump is Clinton!

exploited
09-09-2016, 09:49 PM
The only person who could possibly be a worse choice than Clinton is Trump.

But then the only person who could possibly be a worse choice than trump is Clinton!

It is cliche at this point, but...

https://justanotherwhitekid.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/giant-douche-vs-turd-sandwich.jpg?w=680

Common Sense
09-09-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't think he riled anyone up. He tapped into what was already there.

Fair enough. People do have strong anxieties over issues that aren't as big as the real issues faced by a nation.

It is a tried and tested technique. Find out what makes people toss and turn at night and promise to get rid of it.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 09:51 PM
At this point, my guess is that Trump is planning a media bomb.

He isn't going to spend his money now. He is going to wait until late-game, and then he is going to unleash the single biggest ad campaign in American presidential history.
I am sure he has adequate funds.

We still have more fun information releases to go.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
I blame frustration, a yearning for change and frankly ignorance and fear. Trump has done a good job of getting people rilled up.
The Establishment Republicans and Democrats did that. Hence Trump.

Common Sense
09-09-2016, 09:52 PM
If Trump wants to win, the best thing he could do is to not say another word until he has to. I doubt he could do that.

exploited
09-09-2016, 09:54 PM
I am sure he has adequate funds.

We still have more fun information releases to go.

Even if he fundraises at 50% of the usual level, it is still an enormous amount of money to spend at one time, so that is my best guess with what he is planning. And it might be pretty effective if he has the right media buyers and branding experts.

Crepitus
09-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Fair enough. People do have strong anxieties over issues that aren't as big as the real issues faced by a nation.

It is a tried and tested technique. Find out what makes people toss and turn at night and promise to get rid of it.
Yup. The Muslims is gonna blowed us all up right after the Mexicans take my job and then black people on welfare are gonna move into my neighborhood! But The Donald is gonna wave his magic hair and it will all go away!

Common Sense
09-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Yup. The Muslims is gonna blowed us all up right after the Mexicans take my job and then black people on welfare are gonna move into my neighborhood! But The Donald is gonna wave his magic hair and it will all go away!

What amazes me most about his rhetoric, beyond people believing it...is that he makes these claims that many of these problems will be fixed in the first few hours of his presidency.

birddog
09-09-2016, 10:00 PM
I have said the "Likability Factor" is highly important to win, especially the undecided voters. Hillary is horrible with it, and Trump is far better than her.

Trump is also more honest and people are seeing that. The dim voter turnout will be less than expected. Trump will win. I have spoken.

Crepitus
09-09-2016, 10:00 PM
What amazes me most about his rhetoric, beyond people believing it...is that he makes these claims that many of these problems will be fixed in the first few hours of his presidency.
Yup. With a wave of his magic hair he will send unicorns to shit skittles on everyone's lawn and all will be right with the world.

del
09-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I have said the "Likability Factor" is highly important to win, especially the undecided voters. Hillary is horrible with it, and Trump is far better than her.

Trump is also more honest and people are seeing that. The dim voter turnout will be less than expected. Trump will win. I have spoken.

trump is counting on dim voters like you

Common Sense
09-09-2016, 10:01 PM
This is what's wrong with politics in general. Likability outranks real qualifications. Soundbites are policy and bravado equals strength.

del
09-09-2016, 10:02 PM
Yup. With a wave of his magic hair he will send unicorns to shit skittles on everyone's lawn and all will be right with the world.

dibs on the purple ones

Crepitus
09-09-2016, 10:06 PM
dibs on the purple ones
Lol, and here I was sure you were gonna make a "get off my lawn" comment.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 10:37 PM
If Trump wants to win, the best thing he could do is to not say another word until he has to. I doubt he could do that.
He is even with Clinton because of his constant availability and willingness to speak with everybody. He is even despite his regular errors. When you speak for a dozen hours every day you are bound to say something that someone will find objectionable.

Big deal. Trump will win. You might even want to move here so you can enjoy Trump's America.

Bethere
09-09-2016, 10:43 PM
He is even with Clinton because of his constant availability and willingness to speak with everybody. He is even despite his regular errors. When you speak for a dozen hours every day you are bound to say something that someone will find objectionable.

Big deal. he will still win. You might even want to move here so you can enjoy Trump's America.

He isn't even with Clinton.

Y'all fell for this stuff in 2008 snd 2012 and you are falling for it again.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 10:44 PM
He isn't even with Clinton.

Y'all fell for this stuff in 2008 snd 2012 and you are falling for it again.
Of course, he is.

del
09-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Of course, he is.

did president romney tell you that?

Captain Obvious
09-09-2016, 10:50 PM

He's hit a wall though lately.

I think it's becoming apparent to people that damn... Donald Trump could be POTUS.

MisterVeritis
09-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Just follow the progression. Even you can do it.

Bethere
09-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Good times!