PDA

View Full Version : tPF Clinton touts GOP backing on foreign policy

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 09:16 AM
From Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-republicans-foreign-policy-227983):

NEW YORK — Decrying Donald Trump’s transformation of the 2016 election into what she called “more and more of a reality show,” a somber Hillary Clinton brought together a bipartisan group of national security officials to demonstrate that serious policy professionals are disturbed by Trump's off-the-cuff rhetoric.

“National security experts on both sides of the aisle are chilled by what they are hearing from the Republican nominee,” the Democrat told reporters after her private meeting with the group here at the New York Historical Society. “That may be the number one reason why this election is the most important of our lifetimes."

Even the private meeting’s seating chart was telling, with Chertoff — the former Bush appointee — sitting directly to her right.

Question...if I loathe Republican foreign policy, particularly that of President George W. Bush, why would I vote for a Democrat who is basically touting herself as the second coming of George W. Bush?

Ethereal
09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
All the neocons are basically backing Clinton now.

This is what it looks like when the inmates are running the asylum.

Peter1469
09-10-2016, 11:07 AM
globalism v nationalism

Neocons have always been in the globalist camp.

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Several Hillary supporters are posting in other threads, but ignoring this one. I wonder why.

TrueBlue
09-10-2016, 11:15 AM
It shows that Hillary Clinton would continue to work with those across the aisle (Republicans) as she has for so long a time and is well-known for doing. But with certain items, she would obviously stand firm on with her beliefs.

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 11:36 AM
It shows that Hillary Clinton would continue to work with those across the aisle (Republicans) as she has for so long a time and is well-known for doing. But with certain items, she would obviously stand firm on with her beliefs.

The thing is I don't want her to work across the aisle with Republicans, because every time she does we get things like the Iraq War.

TrueBlue
09-10-2016, 11:39 AM
The thing is I don't want her to work across the aisle with Republicans, because every time she does we get things like the Iraq War.
Seems to be a very Libertarian point of view. Is that why Johnson and his political party is running so behind Clinton and Trump at the polls?

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Seems to be a very Libertarian point of view. Is that why Johnson and his political party is running so behind Clinton and Trump at the polls?

I don't support Johnson. But if I had to choose between him and Clinton or Trump I'd take him without hesitation.

Let's just stick to the topic. I don't mind compromise but when you compromise only on the bad shit it's not good compromise.

AZ Jim
09-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Several Hillary supporters are posting in other threads, but ignoring this one. I wonder why.Call yourself whatever you want but clearly you are a republican Trump supporter. Carry that water bucket proudly.

valley ranch
09-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Ah, come on Jim stop it. Donald Trump is the only person running other than that Lying, thieving hag. If a person doesn't lick up to the Clintion or points out something they noticed, it doesn't make them anything but alert.

Come on out of there Jim!

Tahuyaman
09-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Hillary Clinton is not well known for being bi-partisan. She is a complete hyper-partisan. No one really knows what her beliefs are. Whatever they are, they are completely negotiable and up for grabs.

Two of her believes are that government is all powerful and she should be in control of that government.

She's power hungry.

Tahuyaman
09-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Call yourself whatever you want but clearly you are a republican Trump supporter. Carry that water bucket proudly.

That comment would carry more credibility if it wasn't coming from a Clinton boot-licker voting strictly along party lines.

exploited
09-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Not surprised she has GOP backing. She is a foreign policy nutjob, and with the exception of some libertarians, so is the entire GOP.

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Call yourself whatever you want but clearly you are a republican Trump supporter. Carry that water bucket proudly.

Wrong again. My state doesn't have party registration, but if it did, I'd be a registered member of the Green Party. Donald Trump isn't getting my support this cycle or any cycle.

Are you really so small-minded as to believe that anyone who dares to criticize your beliefs and those of Hillary Clinton has no choice but to be a Republican and a Trump supporter?

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Ah, come on Jim stop it. Donald Trump is the only person running other than that Lying, thieving hag.

That is incorrect. There are several other people running.

Tahuyaman
09-10-2016, 02:30 PM

Johnson is far behind the two major party nominees because he does not represent the political establishment. The media is overwhelmingly liberal, but they are 100% beholding to the political establishment. The media will not treat him with any respect. They will only cover him to ridicule or trivialize him.

Trump has no objections to including Johnson in the debates because he's not a traditional establishment guy. Hillary will fight having Johnson, or Stein included.

del
09-10-2016, 02:32 PM

she has no beliefs

Tahuyaman
09-10-2016, 02:41 PM
It would be interesting to see the partisan Democrats support her foreign policy ideas when they demonized the same policies offered by the Bush administration.

Ravens Fan
09-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Wrong again. My state doesn't have party registration, but if it did, I'd be a registered member of the Green Party. Donald Trump isn't getting my support this cycle or any cycle.

Are you really so small-minded as to believe that anyone who dares to criticize your beliefs and those of Hillary Clinton has no choice but to be a Republican and a Trump supporter?

You forgot "troll"...

Ethereal
09-10-2016, 03:56 PM

What it shows is that Hillary Clinton's foreign policy is in line with the same people who brought us the Iraq war.

Oh wait. Hillary Clinton is one of those people!

Ethereal
09-10-2016, 03:57 PM

A childish attempt to distract from your candidate's abysmal foreign policy record.

Iraq, Libya, Syria.

Incompetence-driven disasters at best, intentional war crimes at worst.

Ethereal
09-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Are you really so small-minded...

Obviously a rhetorical question.

Bethere
09-10-2016, 04:46 PM
A childish attempt to distract from your candidate's abysmal foreign policy record.

Iraq, Libya, Syria.

We will govern fairly, despite how fun it would be to do otherwise.

It will appear that you are forgiven, but in truth you'll be instead irrelevant.

valley ranch
09-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Not voting or voting for a 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidate is a vote for The Clinton and dishonesty!

Peter1469
09-10-2016, 06:29 PM

Iraq, Libya, Syria.

Hillary is directly responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and much of the migrant crisis.

Ethereal
09-10-2016, 07:36 PM
We will govern fairly, despite how fun it would be to do otherwise.

It will appear that you are forgiven, but in truth you'll be instead irrelevant.

You'll understand if I don't take anything you say seriously.

Green Arrow
09-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Not voting or voting for a 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidate is a vote for The Clinton and dishonesty!

No, it isn't. Math, simple logic, and the realities of our electoral system show otherwise.

Hal Jordan
09-10-2016, 08:15 PM

That presupposes he has a mind. I have yet to be convinced. If he could do anything other than parrot what has been spoon-fed to him and insult... Well, we'll see if he can ever do that and go from there.

Bethere
09-10-2016, 08:41 PM
You'll understand if I don't take anything you say seriously.

And I'll understand on election night when you are nowhere to be found.

Tahuyaman
09-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Democrats said that Bush's foreign policy was evil. Those same Democrats say Bush's foreign policy administered by Hillary Clinton is divine.

Ethereal
09-11-2016, 07:40 AM

If I'm not here, it's because I have better things to do, fella.

Green Arrow
09-11-2016, 03:33 PM

You've been a member of this forum all of two months. Ethereal has been an established, contributing member for three years. If anyone is liable to disappear on election night, it'd be you well before it was him.

Bethere
09-11-2016, 10:14 PM
You've been a member of this forum all of two months. @Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) has been an established, contributing member for three years. If anyone is liable to disappear on election night, it'd be you well before it was him.

I'll be here, looking for ethereal.

Hal Jordan
09-11-2016, 10:27 PM
I'll be here, looking for ethereal.

I can't verify that I'll be on that night. I have too much of a life to plan that far ahead.

Bethere
09-11-2016, 10:46 PM
I can't verify that I'll be on that night. I have too much of a life to plan that far ahead.

I'll be doing other things for sure, but I'll use my nifty phone to check in to make sure you guys are 'ok.'

I suspect it will be very quiet here.

I wouldn't miss it for anything.

BE THERE!

Peter1469
09-12-2016, 04:58 AM
Looks for me the morning after. If I stay up late it isn't for the TV.