PDA

View Full Version : Rumors Hillary Might Step Aside

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:41 PM
No confirmation. Just rumors.

But sometimes, where there's smoke, and all...

Cokie Roberts said Monday on NPR that there were whispers by Democratic Party establishment members that Hillary Clinton may have to step aside from the race because of her health, Mediaite reports (http://www.mediaite.com/online/cokie-roberts-floats-that-dems-are-nervously-whispering-about-clinton-stepping-aside/).

http://freebeacon.com/politics/roberts-democrats-whispering-clinton-step-aside-race/

nic34
09-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Catapulting the propaganda there finders?

nathanbforrest45
09-12-2016, 01:44 PM
never happen. Anyone seriously suggesting she quit will be found strangled in their car.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:46 PM

Cokie Roberts said it.

You want I should have pretended she didn't?

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:46 PM
never happen. Anyone seriously suggesting she quit will be found strangled in their car.

Good point.

Chris
09-12-2016, 01:47 PM
But, even hypothetically, what would happen? Her what's his name VP candidate steps up? Sander's in called in from the dugout?

Mac-7
09-12-2016, 01:47 PM

And the obumer FBI will declare it a suicide

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:49 PM
But, even hypothetically, what would happen? Her what's his name VP candidate steps up? Sander's in called in from the dugout?

I don't even have a clue how they'd handle that.

Has it happened before?

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:50 PM
And the obumer FBI will declare it a suicide

True.

Private Pickle
09-12-2016, 01:50 PM
If it's more than pneumonia, which vomiting in your glass and then drinking it points to, then this could be a serious rumor. More than one site is talking about it and the word is the DNC is meeting to discuss.

Private Pickle
09-12-2016, 01:51 PM

Has it happened before?

It has but not in Presidential races. In the past the courts have always allowed it.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:52 PM
It has but not in Presidential races. In the past the courts have always allowed it.

This election was interesting from the get-go, but every time I turn around it gets more and more interesting.

It's actually becoming entertaining.

Truth Detector
09-12-2016, 01:53 PM

Yessiree; Cokie Roberts is a well know far right wing shill. :biglaugh:

Private Pickle
09-12-2016, 01:53 PM
This election was interesting from the get-go, but every time I turn around it gets more and more interesting.

I lost my taste for it 5 months ago.

Chris
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Has it happened before?

No, though VP candidate Eagleton did drop out after nomination as candidate.

For the Reps: "The party’s Rule 9 states that the party has the power “to fill any and all vacancies which may occur by reason of death, declination, or otherwise.”"

For the Dems: "the process is very similar. The party’s committee – which is approximately twice as large as the Republican body – has the authority to select a presidential nominee, according to Article Two of the party rules. The main difference for Democrats is that their committee is already apportioned by the size of each state — for instance, California has more committee members than any other state. So when the committee votes, each member’s ballot counts equally."

From http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08/04/qa-what-would-happen-if-a-presidential-nominee-quit/

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I lost my taste for it 5 months ago.

Just the opposite for me. Five months ago just seeing one of the major candidates left a bad taste in my mouth. Now, it's like a soap opera and I keep wondering when the other shoe will drop.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 01:56 PM

For the Reps: "The party’s Rule 9 states that the party has the power “to fill any and all vacancies which may occur by reason of death, declination, or otherwise.”"

For the Dems: "the process is very similar. The party’s committee – which is approximately twice as large as the Republican body – has the authority to select a presidential nominee, according to Article Two of the party rules. The main difference for Democrats is that their committee is already apportioned by the size of each state — for instance, California has more committee members than any other state. So when the committee votes, each member’s ballot counts equally."

From http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08/04/qa-what-would-happen-if-a-presidential-nominee-quit/

That would prove interesting -- not that it will come to it -- but it's good to know.

Private Pickle
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Yessiree; Cokie Roberts is a well know far right wing shill. :biglaugh:

Moving the goalposts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts) (raising the bar) – argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded.

And

Red herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring) – a speaker attempts to distract an audience by deviating from the topic at hand by introducing a separate argument the speaker believes is easier to speak to.

Or

Red herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring) – argument given in response to another argument, which is irrelevant and draws attention away from the subject of argument.

Chloe
09-12-2016, 01:58 PM
You know what I'll bite the bullet. I'd be willing to be a write in candidate. For those of you that don't know what to do in November.

Chloe 2016...."making America something again, or possibly for the first time, depends".

nic34
09-12-2016, 01:58 PM
All I could find on this.

No presidential candidate of a major party has ever died or withdrawn before a presidential election and no President-elect has ever died or withdrawn after winning the general election, but before taking office.However, one vice-presidential candidate died after he was nominated, but before the general election, and another dropped off his party's ticket.The procedures for finding replacements for candidate vacancies are guided by federal and state laws and party regulations. They are not exactly a patchwork, but they have evolved in response to practical problems that have arisen during the presidential elections, and in response to the growth of political parties as integral players in the election process.In this respect, the procedures for filling vacancies in the parties' nominated tickets are like those that have evolved for the succession of the presidency when the person holding that office vacates it for one reason or another: When William Henry Harrison contracted pneumonia after giving a three-hour-long speech in the snow at his 1841 inauguration and died barely a month later, he was succeeded in office by John Tyler. It was not until confronting the issues raised in the transition of power from Harrison to Tyler that Congress thought through the rules for the succession of the President when the office is vacated during mid-term.

http://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/20431

nathanbforrest45
09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
They will let her continue to run and if elected and then stokes out Bill will be appointed as her Guardian Ad Litum with full power of attorney to act in her place until she "recovers"

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 02:01 PM
You know what I'll bite the bullet. I'd be willing to be a write in candidate. For those of you that don't know what to do in November.

Chloe 2016...."making America something again, or possibly for the first time, depends".

We're going to have to work on some age-progression makeup for you, but then, what the heck, I'll work on your campaign. Love the motto.

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 02:02 PM
They will let her continue to run and if elected and then stokes out Bill will be appointed as her Guardian Ad Litum with full power of attorney to act in her place until she "recovers"

Oh dear...

Chloe
09-12-2016, 02:03 PM
We're going to have to work on some age-progression makeup for you, but then, what the heck, I'll work on your campaign. Love the motto.

I'll just say I'm 35 and that I'm qualified. People believe all of the lies of Clinton and Trump so I'm sure they will believe that too. I can even get bad hats made too.

Truth Detector
09-12-2016, 02:07 PM

LMAO; you're so cute.....but honestly, who with even half a brain would want such a job other than power hungry partisan goobers who see it as a jumping board to power and wealth as the Clintons have discovered.

Chloe
09-12-2016, 02:12 PM
LMAO; you're so cute.....but honestly, who with even half a brain would want such a job other than power hungry partisan goobers who see it as a jumping board to power and wealth as the Clintons have discovered.

Well that will be my VP's job to take care of everything foreign and domestic. My responsibility will be to make America something again, or possibly for the first time, depends.

zelmo1234
09-12-2016, 02:33 PM

Joe Biden!

Green Arrow
09-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Now that's a winning slogan!

zelmo1234
09-12-2016, 02:36 PM

While you would be a better choice than either of the party candidates, you happen to be about 15 years too young. But you still would be my choice.

Chloe
09-12-2016, 02:37 PM

I think it's just the right amount of detailed ambiguity

Chloe
09-12-2016, 02:38 PM
While you would be a better choice than either of the party candidates, you happen to be about 15 years too young. But you still would be my choice.

You're hung up on facts. Just believe me when I tell you it's ok.

Green Arrow
It won't happen. Hillary's too power hungry. She's finally about to get what she's always wanted, to be president. They'll have to arrest her to force her off the ticket.

zelmo1234

That is not constitutional, but Tim K would be the acting President. Bill has a big task ahead of him anyway, he has to select his staff and Interns, OH! Boy!

FindersKeepers
09-12-2016, 02:39 PM
I'll just say I'm 35 and that I'm qualified. People believe all of the lies of Clinton and Trump so I'm sure they will believe that too. I can even get bad hats made too.

Sounds like a plan!

zelmo1234
You're hung up on facts. Just believe me when I tell you it's ok.

Well the Clintons could get away with it, why not you

Chloe
It won't happen. Hillary's too power hungry. She's finally about to get what she's always wanted, to be president. They'll have to arrest her to force her off the ticket.

Oh I completely agree. She'd rather die in office and be the first female president than drop out and only be he first female nominee.

Chloe
09-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Well the Clintons could get away with it, why not you

Oh I think there's equal bullshit from both campaigns, but just don't ask too many questions, just vote write me in.

zelmo1234
09-12-2016, 02:42 PM
I think that Chloe is on to something here.

She would be the Best looking President that we have ever had.

She of course would be the first women, if she chose to identify as a women. :)

I think that she would be the first Jewish President that we have ever had.

She would be the youngest as she would be 35 for the entire 8 years of her term.

And would likely do a better job than anyone in the race. Vote For Chloe 2016

Docthehun
09-12-2016, 02:44 PM

I thought it's been entertaining since the get-go. Reality TV's finest hour! (Actually, I wish it had been an hour instead of a mini-series.)

Mac-7
09-12-2016, 02:44 PM

Those rules are not binding on the states who hold the election.

Chris
09-12-2016, 03:03 PM

https://i.snag.gy/KjeCzG.jpg

Newpublius
09-12-2016, 03:04 PM

I'll forge the birth certififcate.

Mac-7
09-12-2016, 03:10 PM
https://i.snag.gy/KjeCzG.jpg

I can see President Chloe signing an executive order forcing everyone to turn in their private automobile to the nearest scrap yard and giving them a bicycle instead

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Actually I think its up to the party who the candidate is. I don't think it would necessarily be Bernie. I'd be shocked though if it came to that.

gamewell45
09-12-2016, 03:13 PM
No confirmation. Just rumors.

But sometimes, where there's smoke, and all...

http://freebeacon.com/politics/roberts-democrats-whispering-clinton-step-aside-race/

The MSM just eats this stuff up because it means higher ratings and higher ratings = higher ad rates = more money.

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 03:16 PM

Perhaps Trump?

Chloe
09-12-2016, 03:27 PM
I can see President Chloe signing an executive order forcing everyone to turn in their private automobile to the nearest scrap yard and giving them a bicycle instead

Not a bad idea

Chris
09-12-2016, 03:38 PM
I'll forge the birth certififcate.

I hear tell she was born in Canada and snuck across the border. So be sure to doctor that too.

Chris
09-12-2016, 03:38 PM

Well, there's plank one in her platform.

The Xl
09-12-2016, 03:40 PM
No idea how she'll handle the stress and pressure of a debate.

MisterVeritis
09-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Moving the goalposts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts) (raising the bar) – argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded.

And

Red herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring) – a speaker attempts to distract an audience by deviating from the topic at hand by introducing a separate argument the speaker believes is easier to speak to.

Or

Red herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring) – argument given in response to another argument, which is irrelevant and draws attention away from the subject of argument.
I love you guys. This is far better than attending classes.

The Xl
09-12-2016, 03:43 PM

You'd have my vote over Trump and Hillary.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 03:49 PM

If they were smart, they would call in Sanders. Then Trump would be in serious trouble.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 03:52 PM

Probably by taking a crap in her adult diaper.

The Xl
09-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Probably by taking a crap in her adult diaper.

That would probably be her best case scenario.

Chris
09-12-2016, 03:57 PM
If they were smart, they would call in Sanders. Then Trump would be in serious trouble.

Agree. A populist, who speaks intelligently, even if I disagree, versus a populist, who doesn't.

The Xl
09-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Sanders would probably beat Trump, but he doesn't follow the establishments corporatist and warmongering agenda, so they won't do that.

Mac-7
09-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Actually I think its up to the party who the candidate is. I don't think it would necessarily be Bernie. I'd be shocked though if it came to that.

The party gets to choose the candidate but state law determines who is on the ballot on election day

The democrat party has limited power to force a change of ballot whenever they choose

Mac-7
09-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Agree. A populist, who speaks intelligently, even if I disagree, versus a populist, who doesn't.

Chris does not vote

so what he means is he will be cheering for bernie from his hiding place on the tall grass

stjames1_53
09-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Cokie Roberts said it.

You want I should have pretended she didn't?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3e/85/d9/3e85d90cabab4d2b4ebd70b0d4390bda.jpg

suds00
09-12-2016, 04:20 PM
both should step aside and let kaine and pence run

Mini Me
09-12-2016, 05:55 PM

Yikes! they stab it with their steely knives but they just cant kill the beast! SLICK?

nic34
09-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Ok, we'll take him. Sorry Jill....

Mini Me
09-12-2016, 06:02 PM

But in order to run you need a sordid sex scandal dogging you!
Breaking up with your last BF wont count!LOL!

Bethere
09-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Yikes! they stab it with their steely knives but they just cant kill the beast! SLICK?

What a nice surprise, bring your alibis!

Mini Me
09-12-2016, 06:05 PM

Leave out the word; "Depends"! That's a sore subject with Hillary!

Mini Me
09-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Agreed! Joe Biden is just too, uh, Joe!
And never count out Slick!

MisterVeritis
09-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Leave out the word; "Depends"! That's a sore subject with Hillary!

Do they chafe?

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 09:42 PM

Probably in the same manner that she handled the 13 hour Benghazi hearing with Trey, the midget and the rest of the boys wondering what the hell just happened.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Probably in the same manner that she handled the 13 hour Benghazi hearing with Trey, the midget and the rest of the boys wondering what the hell just happened.

So, lying?

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 09:48 PM
So, lying?

No, just cool, calm and collected.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 09:49 PM
No, just cool, calm and collected.

I never said she wasn't a good liar.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Hillary on Monday: My health is fine!

Hillary on Tuesday: Just some allergies!

Hillary on Wednesday: I have pneumonia!

Hillary on Thursday: *beep* *beep* *beep* *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Crepitus
09-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Not a bad idea

It is for those of us (me!) With a 30 mile commute found trip!

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I never said she wasn't a good liar.

LOL! Good retort. I don,t agree with much of what you say but I respect your skills.

Ethereal
09-12-2016, 10:19 PM
LOL! Good retort. I don,t agree with much of what you say but I respect your skills.

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet my man.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet my man.

No doubt, watching you will reveal plenty of nothing.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 10:28 PM

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 10:31 PM
No doubt, watching you will reveal plenty of nothing.

LOL! Good one Bethere! You are a great poster.

Bethere
09-12-2016, 10:35 PM
LOL! Good one Bethere! You are a great poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUNyTsG4RI

ripmeister
09-12-2016, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUNyTsG4RI

Go Bucks!

Bethere
09-13-2016, 01:11 AM
Go Bucks!
Merry Christmas!